NATION

PASSWORD

Attraction is Objectification

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:42 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:And what is the result we're supposed to anticipate?

A society with very little objectification.
This is why gay marriage will destroy American families.
Gays are made up of gaytrinos and they interact via faggons, which are massless spin 2 particles. They're massless because gays care so much about their weight, and have spin 2, cause that's as much spin as particles can get, and liberals love spin. The exchange of spin 2 particles creates an attractive force between objects, which is why gays are so promiscuous. When gays get "settle down" into a lower energy state by marrying, they release faggon particles in the form of gaydiation. Everyone is a little bit gay, so every human body has some gaytrinos in it, meaning that the gaydiation could cause straight people to be attracted to gays and choose to turn gay.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:42 am

Still ignoring the fact that you are a textbook definition of a homophobe...or are gays exempt from sexual attraction being evil
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:43 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:Still ignoring the fact that you are a textbook definition of a homophobe...or are gays exempt from sexual attraction being evil

Again, explain how exactly my ideas are homophobic. Your commentary is asinine at best.
Gays are made up of gaytrinos and they interact via faggons, which are massless spin 2 particles. They're massless because gays care so much about their weight, and have spin 2, cause that's as much spin as particles can get, and liberals love spin. The exchange of spin 2 particles creates an attractive force between objects, which is why gays are so promiscuous. When gays get "settle down" into a lower energy state by marrying, they release faggon particles in the form of gaydiation. Everyone is a little bit gay, so every human body has some gaytrinos in it, meaning that the gaydiation could cause straight people to be attracted to gays and choose to turn gay.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:43 am

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:And what is the result we're supposed to anticipate?

A society with very little objectification.

I don't see how you could possibly imagine that would in any way result from what you're suggesting.
I identify as
a problem

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:44 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:Still ignoring the fact that you are a textbook definition of a homophobe...or are gays exempt from sexual attraction being evil

Again, explain how exactly my ideas are homophobic. Your commentary is asinine at best.

Because gay men are sexually attracted to gay men, they are immoral.
Because gay women are sexually attracted to gay women, they are immoral.
Just because you think the same about straight people, does not mean you are not the textbook definition of a homophobe.
You are calling them immoral because of their sexual attraction
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:44 am

Galloism wrote:
Results are all that matters.

AHA!

*grabs a hammer, nails, and nails FST to the wall*

If results are all that matters, which is a better result - a happy couple, content with their lot in life, going through life in a way that seems acceptable to them,

OR

A couple who sits and meticulously quantifies everything (even the quantifying of the quantification) until they are angry, miserable, arguing, and eventually, broken up and miserable?

Are we supposed to be assuming that 'attraction' and 'objectification' are inherently bad? I'm missing what exactly I'm supposed to be identifying as the controversy.
I identify as
a problem

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:44 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:I don't see how you could possibly imagine that would in any way result from what you're suggesting.

How can there be sexual objectification, in any real sense, when there's little sexuality to begin with. Surely sexual objectification is a proper subset of sexual attraction.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:45 am

Samuraikoku wrote:But you're the one arguing morality...

Utilitarian morality.

But a chemical reaction isn't an utilitarian, rational objectification. Can unconscious acts - of which you have little to no control of - immoral?

Four-sided Triangles wrote:A society with very little objectification.

If by objectification you mean the outward examples that society hammers down, then yes. But you can't prevent - fully - the feeling. Like I said, it can be resisted rationally and morally, but it's still a natural reaction.

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:46 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:Because gay men are sexually attracted to gay men, they are immoral.
Just because you think the same about straight people, does not mean you are not the textbook definition of a homophobe.

That is the most idiotic thing I've ever read in my life.

Homophobia is about SPECIFIC DISCRIMINATION against homosexuals.

The Anti-Cosmic Gods
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anti-Cosmic Gods » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:46 am

Am I the only one who has figured out that Four-sided Triangles is just a really elaborate troll?

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:46 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:Because gay men are sexually attracted to gay men, they are immoral.

That is the most idiotic thing I've ever read in my life.

Homophobia is about SPECIFIC DISCRIMINATION against homosexuals.

No, it isn't. Nowhere does it state such, and I'd ask you to find where it does.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:46 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:I don't see how you could possibly imagine that would in any way result from what you're suggesting.

How can there be sexual objectification, in any real sense, when there's little sexuality to begin with. Surely sexual objectification is a proper subset of sexual attraction.

Sexual objectification is a tiny subset of objectification. I hardly see why it's important enough to worry about, provided no one gets hurt, so to speak.

To answer the second part of your post - yes, sexual objectification is arguably a proper subset of sexual attraction. Once again, though, I find myself unsure as to why that's bad.
I identify as
a problem

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:48 am

FST, one of the things I'm noticing is that you seem to be ignoring a lot of good arguments.

i.e, Gall's

If results are all that matters, which is a better result - a happy couple, content with their lot in life, going through life in a way that seems acceptable to them,

OR

A couple who sits and meticulously quantifies everything (even the quantifying of the quantification) until they are angry, miserable, arguing, and eventually, broken up and miserable?

FOUR SIDED TRIANGLES. ARE YOU IGNORING THE ARGUMENTS THAT ARE BEING PUT FORWARDS BUT TO WHICH YOU HAVE NO ANSWER, OR DO YOU JUST NOT SEE THEM?

I would like this answered. I know it got your attention.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:51 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Galloism wrote:AHA!

OR

Are we supposed to be assuming that 'attraction' and 'objectification' are inherently bad? I'm missing what exactly I'm supposed to be identifying as the controversy.

I dunno. He seems to think that being attracted to someone is evil, or something.

He won't actually address the fact that his premise is what is under attack, and keeps talking about solutions based upon the premise "attraction is bad" without actually addressing the premise, which is, in of itself, faulty.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:54 am

Galloism wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:

I dunno. He seems to think that being attracted to someone is evil, or something.

He won't actually address the fact that his premise is what is under attack, and keeps talking about solutions based upon the premise "attraction is bad" without actually addressing the premise, which is, in of itself, faulty.

So basically he's acting like an emo attention whore praying for an Amazonian society where every male is castrated at birth.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:55 am

OR

A couple which is happy but not equal is not a worthy result. It simply reinforces and justifies the existence of power asymmetries.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:56 am

OR

A couple which is happy but not equal is not a worthy result. It simply reinforces and justifies the existence of power asymmetries.

ATTENTION grabbing.

And if the woman is superior, as you would obviously like given your ideals of a woman-run government?

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:56 am

OR

Why is that not a worthy result?

Besides, who is putting more quantifiable "service" into a relationship could vary widely by day, week, month, year... as long as they're happy, who cares?
Last edited by Galloism on Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Lauchlin
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lauchlin » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:56 am

OR

Why do you think a happy couple has power asymmetries? Does it occur to you that your accounting of their relative power may be lacking?

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:57 am

Four-sided Triangles wrote:A couple which is happy but not equal is not a worthy result. It simply reinforces and justifies the existence of power asymmetries.

If the morality you're going to live under leads you to lack of happiness, then why follow it?

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:58 am

OR

So you would enforce symmetry, even where the individuals involved were happier without it?

Obviously, 'equality' and 'objectification' only even overlap tangentially. Are you being serious?
I identify as
a problem

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:59 am

Samuraikoku wrote:
Four-sided Triangles wrote:A couple which is happy but not equal is not a worthy result. It simply reinforces and justifies the existence of power asymmetries.

If the morality you're going to live under leads you to lack of happiness, then why follow it?

A smug moral superiority complex.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:59 am

Samuraikoku wrote:

So that FST won't have to live with the idea that you boned, obviously? It's really a pointless thing, to live an unhappy life to be a whiteknight 24/7.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:03 am

Gauthier wrote:A smug moral superiority complex.

Not even stoicism or Kant philosophy endorse that lifestyle.

New Hayesalia wrote:So that FST won't have to live with the idea that you boned, obviously? It's really a pointless thing, to live an unhappy life to be a whiteknight 24/7.

I don't believe white knights actually live under that morality either... Incorruptible Pure Pureness doesn't defy the laws of nature that radically.

The Anti-Cosmic Gods
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anti-Cosmic Gods » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:05 am

Gauthier wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:

A smug moral superiority complex.

One that has been developed after multiple failed attempts at romance, I'd wager.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General