NATION

PASSWORD

Hints That 'God Particle' May Exist

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Chulainan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 846
Founded: Apr 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chulainan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:18 am

Metanih wrote:Wow... Amazing how many people don't seem to know this is the Higgs-Boson Particle... Or if they do, they hide their excitement about how significant this is very well.

we know its significant, it is just hilarious when you put an 'ancient religion' spin on it, thats all.
The Net is vast and infinite - Major Makoto Kusanagi
Major Motoko Kusanagi: If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation. What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death.
Puppet Master: We have been subordinate to our limitations until now. The time has come to cast aside these bonds and to elevate our consciousness to a higher plane. It is time to become a part of all things.


Agymnum wrote:
The Laughing Goats wrote:Because it's gross. Duh.


I find shitting to be gross.

Shitting is therefore wrong. It should be banned and no one should be allowed to take a shit. Ever.

User avatar
Zersium
Minister
 
Posts: 2208
Founded: Jul 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zersium » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:18 am

Kandorith wrote:
Zersium wrote:
All Gods came from Kronos, not Zeus. :ugeek:


All gods were made by Tehuty, not Kronos nor Zeus :ugeek:


Tehuty? Who the hell is Tehuty?
Total Navy: 497,000
Total Navy Active: 149,100
Total Navy Reserves: 347,900
Total Squadrons: 39
Total Air: 1,242,500
Total Air Active: 372,750
Total Air Reserves: 869,750
Total Air Wings: 97




User avatar
Kandorith
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1326
Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kandorith » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:19 am

Zersium wrote:
Kandorith wrote:
All gods were made by Tehuty, not Kronos nor Zeus :ugeek:


Tehuty? Who the hell is Tehuty?


Tehuty is a name which returns even in the Aztec, Inca, Norse , Babylonian, Japanese and Chinese myths and legends.

Everywhere in the world there are temples and pyramids build for him; Thoth, Tehuty; Jehuty.

I bet he made that particle just for giggles.
Last edited by Kandorith on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great Empire of Kandorith | 大宮来国 | Dai Kanyori Teikoku
| Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor |

Shinonome Kyoai Headlines:
- LDP minister Akira Matsudaira found dead in Ginza home, foul play suspected. - Tenkyo governor election results: Akiko Niikura (LDP) wins landslide victory with 72% of the votes. -

*disclaimer: Kandorith it currently being revamped/retconned*

User avatar
Maineiacs
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6890
Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:20 am

Zersium wrote:
Ecans wrote:Good point! Actually, I read/heard/imagined that the Higgs Boson may break up into more particles. Could this "HB" actually be the forehead of Zeus, from whence sprang all gods??? :p


All Gods came from Kronos, not Zeus. :ugeek:



But since the sky and land gave rise to Cronus, ultimately the Gods came from Uranus.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

User avatar
Kandorith
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1326
Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kandorith » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:22 am

Maineiacs wrote:
Zersium wrote:
All Gods came from Kronos, not Zeus. :ugeek:



But since the sky and land gave rise to Cronus, ultimately the Gods came from Uranus.


I loll'd

Great Empire of Kandorith | 大宮来国 | Dai Kanyori Teikoku
| Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor |

Shinonome Kyoai Headlines:
- LDP minister Akira Matsudaira found dead in Ginza home, foul play suspected. - Tenkyo governor election results: Akiko Niikura (LDP) wins landslide victory with 72% of the votes. -

*disclaimer: Kandorith it currently being revamped/retconned*

User avatar
Maineiacs
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6890
Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:22 am

Kandorith wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

But since the sky and land gave rise to Cronus, ultimately the Gods came from Uranus.


I loll'd



It's a lot funnier when you say it then when you write it.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

User avatar
Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19119
Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:23 am

Lordieth wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16116230

New data is being unveiled that may cast new light on the Higgs Boson, aka the 'God Particle', suspected of being the 'fundamental' particle responsible for mass. This mass would have been obtained as the Universe began, and the newly formed fundamental particles passed through the 'Higgs Field', where they obtained these elusive Bosons and therefore mass.

Evidence for or against the Higgs Boson would be a monumental discovery. Thoughts?

i've no doubt some folks are taking this possibility as verbatim and going on god sprees.
whatever the hell they are.

User avatar
Zersium
Minister
 
Posts: 2208
Founded: Jul 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zersium » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:24 am

Maineiacs wrote:
Zersium wrote:
All Gods came from Kronos, not Zeus. :ugeek:



But since the sky and land gave rise to Cronus, ultimately the Gods came from Uranus.


...Ouch, that must hurt...letting several Gods out Uranus.
Total Navy: 497,000
Total Navy Active: 149,100
Total Navy Reserves: 347,900
Total Squadrons: 39
Total Air: 1,242,500
Total Air Active: 372,750
Total Air Reserves: 869,750
Total Air Wings: 97




User avatar
Kandorith
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1326
Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kandorith » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:24 am

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:
Lordieth wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16116230

New data is being unveiled that may cast new light on the Higgs Boson, aka the 'God Particle', suspected of being the 'fundamental' particle responsible for mass. This mass would have been obtained as the Universe began, and the newly formed fundamental particles passed through the 'Higgs Field', where they obtained these elusive Bosons and therefore mass.

Evidence for or against the Higgs Boson would be a monumental discovery. Thoughts?

i've no doubt some folks are taking this possibility as verbatim and going on god sprees.
whatever the hell they are.


Ooh you mean those:

TEH LORDETH SAIDETH LET THERE BE PARTICLE-ETH!

I would pay to see that to be honest..... best stuff ever.


Zersium wrote:...Ouch, that must hurt...letting several Gods out Uranus.



Stop it.. I'm trying to eat and drink something....
Last edited by Kandorith on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Great Empire of Kandorith | 大宮来国 | Dai Kanyori Teikoku
| Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor |

Shinonome Kyoai Headlines:
- LDP minister Akira Matsudaira found dead in Ginza home, foul play suspected. - Tenkyo governor election results: Akiko Niikura (LDP) wins landslide victory with 72% of the votes. -

*disclaimer: Kandorith it currently being revamped/retconned*

User avatar
The Alma Mater
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19643
Founded: May 23, 2004
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Alma Mater » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:27 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Do you think there is One True God Particle

Three particles in one, surely?

^_^


Up, down and sideways :P
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

User avatar
Chulainan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 846
Founded: Apr 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chulainan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:27 am

Zersium wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

But since the sky and land gave rise to Cronus, ultimately the Gods came from Uranus.


...Ouch, that must hurt...letting several Gods out Uranus.


Its times like these that keep bringing me back to nation states, only here can you have a thread on the God Particle involving butt jokes about an ancient pantheon of gods
The Net is vast and infinite - Major Makoto Kusanagi
Major Motoko Kusanagi: If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation. What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death.
Puppet Master: We have been subordinate to our limitations until now. The time has come to cast aside these bonds and to elevate our consciousness to a higher plane. It is time to become a part of all things.


Agymnum wrote:
The Laughing Goats wrote:Because it's gross. Duh.


I find shitting to be gross.

Shitting is therefore wrong. It should be banned and no one should be allowed to take a shit. Ever.

User avatar
Kandorith
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1326
Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kandorith » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:29 am

Chulainan wrote:
Zersium wrote:
...Ouch, that must hurt...letting several Gods out Uranus.


Its times like these that keep bringing me back to nation states, only here can you have a thread on the God Particle involving butt jokes about an ancient pantheon of gods


Exactly...

These forums should rule the world! it would be a better plac....

On second thought, let's not.

Great Empire of Kandorith | 大宮来国 | Dai Kanyori Teikoku
| Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor |

Shinonome Kyoai Headlines:
- LDP minister Akira Matsudaira found dead in Ginza home, foul play suspected. - Tenkyo governor election results: Akiko Niikura (LDP) wins landslide victory with 72% of the votes. -

*disclaimer: Kandorith it currently being revamped/retconned*

User avatar
Zersium
Minister
 
Posts: 2208
Founded: Jul 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zersium » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:30 am

Kandorith wrote:
Chulainan wrote:
Its times like these that keep bringing me back to nation states, only here can you have a thread on the God Particle involving butt jokes about an ancient pantheon of gods


Exactly...

These forums should rule the world! it would be a better plac....

On second thought, let's not.


Oh you must have missed the initiation, we show how everything outside Nation states is a sick, deluded illusion.
Total Navy: 497,000
Total Navy Active: 149,100
Total Navy Reserves: 347,900
Total Squadrons: 39
Total Air: 1,242,500
Total Air Active: 372,750
Total Air Reserves: 869,750
Total Air Wings: 97




User avatar
Chulainan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 846
Founded: Apr 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chulainan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:31 am

Kandorith wrote:
Chulainan wrote:
Its times like these that keep bringing me back to nation states, only here can you have a thread on the God Particle involving butt jokes about an ancient pantheon of gods


Exactly...

These forums should rule the world! it would be a better plac....

On second thought, let's not.


Its all ours :twisted:

Lol

though your right, we would probably destroy the world.
The Net is vast and infinite - Major Makoto Kusanagi
Major Motoko Kusanagi: If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation. What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death.
Puppet Master: We have been subordinate to our limitations until now. The time has come to cast aside these bonds and to elevate our consciousness to a higher plane. It is time to become a part of all things.


Agymnum wrote:
The Laughing Goats wrote:Because it's gross. Duh.


I find shitting to be gross.

Shitting is therefore wrong. It should be banned and no one should be allowed to take a shit. Ever.

User avatar
Lordieth
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31603
Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:32 am

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:
Lordieth wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16116230

New data is being unveiled that may cast new light on the Higgs Boson, aka the 'God Particle', suspected of being the 'fundamental' particle responsible for mass. This mass would have been obtained as the Universe began, and the newly formed fundamental particles passed through the 'Higgs Field', where they obtained these elusive Bosons and therefore mass.

Evidence for or against the Higgs Boson would be a monumental discovery. Thoughts?

i've no doubt some folks are taking this possibility as verbatim and going on god sprees.
whatever the hell they are.


It probably involves shouting 'the end is nigh!' somewhere.

Perhaps they nicknamed it the God Particle because it's impossible to find any direct evidence of its existence. The LHC can only observe a Boson by its decay and the effect on background radiation. Any evidence would be indirect.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

User avatar
Lordieth
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31603
Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:38 am

Chulainan wrote:
Zersium wrote:
...Ouch, that must hurt...letting several Gods out Uranus.


Its times like these that keep bringing me back to nation states, only here can you have a thread on the God Particle involving butt jokes about an ancient pantheon of gods


Give it a few more pages and it'll be linked to Nazis, gay marriage, and communism.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

User avatar
Zersium
Minister
 
Posts: 2208
Founded: Jul 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zersium » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:39 am

Lordieth wrote:
Chulainan wrote:
Its times like these that keep bringing me back to nation states, only here can you have a thread on the God Particle involving butt jokes about an ancient pantheon of gods


Give it a few more pages and it'll be linked to Nazis, gay marriage, and communism.


Well I can open the racist door if you'd like...

"And what's behind door no.2 children? oh look a pair of ching chong chinamen."
Total Navy: 497,000
Total Navy Active: 149,100
Total Navy Reserves: 347,900
Total Squadrons: 39
Total Air: 1,242,500
Total Air Active: 372,750
Total Air Reserves: 869,750
Total Air Wings: 97




User avatar
Kandorith
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1326
Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kandorith » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:39 am

Everyone knows it's the fault of communism, even the Egyptian pantheon was communistic!

Like that?

and I always wondered why people linked the Chinese languages with "Ching chon"

Chong is a sound that exists in the Chinese languages I know... but Ching I have never heard... =/
Last edited by Kandorith on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great Empire of Kandorith | 大宮来国 | Dai Kanyori Teikoku
| Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor |

Shinonome Kyoai Headlines:
- LDP minister Akira Matsudaira found dead in Ginza home, foul play suspected. - Tenkyo governor election results: Akiko Niikura (LDP) wins landslide victory with 72% of the votes. -

*disclaimer: Kandorith it currently being revamped/retconned*

User avatar
Zersium
Minister
 
Posts: 2208
Founded: Jul 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zersium » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:40 am

Kandorith wrote:Everyone knows it's the fault of communism, even the Egyptian pantheon was communistic!

Like that?


Shut up all of you! You're just Communists talking Communist talk!

+10 Internetz for anyone who can get the reference.
Total Navy: 497,000
Total Navy Active: 149,100
Total Navy Reserves: 347,900
Total Squadrons: 39
Total Air: 1,242,500
Total Air Active: 372,750
Total Air Reserves: 869,750
Total Air Wings: 97




User avatar
Xsyne
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6537
Founded: Apr 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Xsyne » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:52 am

Zersium wrote:
Kandorith wrote:
All gods were made by Tehuty, not Kronos nor Zeus :ugeek:


Tehuty? Who the hell is Tehuty?

A horrific mangling of what is normally transliterated as "Tahuti", who is an Egyptian god. He's more commonly known by the Greek name, Thoth.

Although looking it up it appears the current accepted transliteration is Djehuti.
If global warming is real, why are there still monkeys? - Msigroeg
Pro: Stuff
Anti: Things
Chernoslavia wrote:
Free Soviets wrote:according to both the law library of congress and wikipedia, both automatics and semi-autos that can be easily converted are outright banned in norway.


Source?

User avatar
Xsyne
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6537
Founded: Apr 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Xsyne » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:54 am

Lordieth wrote:
Mad hatters in jeans wrote:i've no doubt some folks are taking this possibility as verbatim and going on god sprees.
whatever the hell they are.


It probably involves shouting 'the end is nigh!' somewhere.

Perhaps they nicknamed it the God Particle because it's impossible to find any direct evidence of its existence. The LHC can only observe a Boson by its decay and the effect on background radiation. Any evidence would be indirect.

I mentioned it before, but it's called the God Particle in the popular press because the popular press doesn't want to use the word "goddamn".
If global warming is real, why are there still monkeys? - Msigroeg
Pro: Stuff
Anti: Things
Chernoslavia wrote:
Free Soviets wrote:according to both the law library of congress and wikipedia, both automatics and semi-autos that can be easily converted are outright banned in norway.


Source?

User avatar
Motuka
Diplomat
 
Posts: 797
Founded: Jun 03, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Motuka » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:55 am

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Do you think there is One True God Particle, or do you think there is a pantheon of god particles out there? And if the latter, do you think the God Particle of Thunder has a tiny little hammer? :unsure:

That would explain gravity quite well—he's just hammering tiny little nails into things to stick them together.

To the physics journals! The Tiny Little Hammer Theory of Gravity will undoubtedly revolutionise the scientific world.
World Assembly Personnel: Sandor Kaji ~ Julian Kbitaru

Political compass: Approximately -8 Social/+1 Economic (OOC); -6 Social/+9 Economic (IC) ~ Making Maps [suggestions welcome]

User avatar
Seibertron
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1265
Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Seibertron » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:01 am

Kandorith wrote:Everyone knows it's the fault of communism, even the Egyptian pantheon was communistic!

Like that?

and I always wondered why people linked the Chinese languages with "Ching chon"

Chong is a sound that exists in the Chinese languages I know... but Ching I have never heard... =/

Really?
Qing Dynasty
Yi-Ching
I never heard the word chong it is an odd combination.
I don't thing Qong exists either.
Join the Super Robot Mecha Multiverse today!
メリー クリスマス

User avatar
Lordieth
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31603
Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:04 am

Motuka wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Do you think there is One True God Particle, or do you think there is a pantheon of god particles out there? And if the latter, do you think the God Particle of Thunder has a tiny little hammer? :unsure:

That would explain gravity quite well—he's just hammering tiny little nails into things to stick them together.

To the physics journals! The Tiny Little Hammer Theory of Gravity will undoubtedly revolutionise the scientific world.


A scientific paper titled 'Everything's Getting Nailed' would stir up considerable interest for entirely the wrong reasons.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

User avatar
Seibertron
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1265
Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Seibertron » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:05 am

Kandorith wrote:
Zersium wrote:
All Gods came from Kronos, not Zeus. :ugeek:


All gods were made by Tehuty, not Kronos nor Zeus :ugeek:

Or Izanagi ofcourse... who is quite similar to Tehuty.

No Kronos was the child of Uranus, Kronos got the the position of top god by cutting off his Dad's genitals then chucking them into the ocean, some say the testicles became Aphrodite/Venus so it would mean that Aphrodite is Zeus' aunt instead of daughter.
EDIT: Uranus is the son of Gaia who herself was the daughter of Chaos.
Last edited by Seibertron on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Super Robot Mecha Multiverse today!
メリー クリスマス

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: American Pere Housh, Atheris, Badjuristan, Coradortodos, Dresderstan, Eukaryotic Cells, Eurasies, Free Capitalist Society, Free Tyrania, Ghost Land, Google [Bot], Infected Mushroom, Jo Hore, Kannap, Kubhastan, Linguai, Luxenermy, Maineiacs, Merrill, Minskiev, Neanderthaland, Northwest Kalactin, Old Hope, Rusozak, Russkaya Alyaska, Salus Maior, Senkaku, Shrillland, Side 3, Syrgastan, Telconi, The Greater Ohio Valley, The Jamesian Republic, Thermodolia, Theyra, Washington Resistance Army, Western Fardelshufflestein

Advertisement

Remove ads