NATION

PASSWORD

Oppose the Unification of Europe?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you want a European Federation?

Yes
51
46%
No
50
45%
Maybe - Debate
11
10%
 
Total votes : 112

User avatar
Theodoran
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Theodoran » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:48 am

RoI2 wrote:
Crabulonia wrote:
I am Scottish as well and understand exactly what he means.

The English dislike the Scots, the Scots dislike the English, the Welsh probably weigh in hating people as well. Why are we a unified country?

We all live on the same island? We share a language? 1707? The fact that we've dominated you for centuries?
I share much more in common with fellow Scottish than with British in general.

You mean you like horrible food, are unhealthy and wear skirts?


the english did not "dominate the scots" the english forged many nuetral pacts over the cenuries as an excuse to not fight thier way in... never heard of the "old alliance" france and scotland.... we could've won had scotland not supposrted england, forgive a forget..

User avatar
RoI2
Diplomat
 
Posts: 869
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby RoI2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:48 am

Dzvasdvsdv wrote:
Theodoran wrote:without the burden of wars and territorial disputes i'm sure the states would act like a country


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You really think the French and Germans won't be giving themselves the top jobs and creaming off all the money?

Of course not. When have we ever had reason to doubt the frogs and the huns?
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

User avatar
Dzvasdvsdv
Envoy
 
Posts: 276
Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Dzvasdvsdv » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:49 am

Theodoran wrote:the english did not "dominate the scots" the english forged many nuetral pacts over the cenuries as an excuse to not fight thier way in... never heard of the "old alliance" france and scotland.... we could've won had scotland not supposrted england, forgive a forget..


They actually fucking slaughtered you in many a war.

User avatar
RoI2
Diplomat
 
Posts: 869
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby RoI2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:50 am

Theodoran wrote:
RoI2 wrote:
Crabulonia wrote:
I am Scottish as well and understand exactly what he means.

The English dislike the Scots, the Scots dislike the English, the Welsh probably weigh in hating people as well. Why are we a unified country?

We all live on the same island? We share a language? 1707? The fact that we've dominated you for centuries?
I share much more in common with fellow Scottish than with British in general.

You mean you like horrible food, are unhealthy and wear skirts?


the english did not "dominate the scots" the english forged many nuetral pacts over the cenuries as an excuse to not fight thier way in... never heard of the "old alliance" france and scotland.... we could've won had scotland not supposrted england, forgive a forget..

We did off and on for centuries.
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

User avatar
Theodoran
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Theodoran » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:50 am

Dzvasdvsdv wrote:
Theodoran wrote:without the burden of wars and territorial disputes i'm sure the states would act like a country


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You really think the French and Germans won't be giving themselves the top jobs and creaming off all the money?


yes, in fact i do, Germany has changed, France has changed for goodness sake stop sitting in cold bathwater! i just made that up.. and i like it...

if anyone.. would take advantage it would be racist people demeaning foreigners.....
Last edited by Theodoran on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RoI2
Diplomat
 
Posts: 869
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby RoI2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:51 am

Theodoran wrote:
Dzvasdvsdv wrote:
Theodoran wrote:without the burden of wars and territorial disputes i'm sure the states would act like a country


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You really think the French and Germans won't be giving themselves the top jobs and creaming off all the money?


yes, in fact i do, Germany has changed, France has changed for goodness sake stop sitting in cold bathwater! i just made that up.. and i like it...

if anyone.. would take advantage it would be racist people demeaning foreigners.....

French =/= a race. German =/= a race.
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

User avatar
Soviet Taoistan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Jun 16, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Soviet Taoistan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:52 am

RoI2 wrote:
Crabulonia wrote:
I am Scottish as well and understand exactly what he means.

The English dislike the Scots, the Scots dislike the English, the Welsh probably weigh in hating people as well. Why are we a unified country?

We all live on the same island? We share a language? 1707? The fact that we've dominated you for centuries?
I share much more in common with fellow Scottish than with British in general.

You mean you like horrible food, are unhealthy and wear skirts?


Outside perspective here from California. The food all over the isles kinda sucks if you ignore all the Indian places. If you joined the EU, you could have more French and Mediterranean food. And that is without a colonial system like in the East. Everyone wins!

User avatar
Theodoran
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Theodoran » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:53 am

Haha i forgot to say that i'm half english too so the fact that you've imediatly taken against me because i'm scotish is disgruntling, if people can't get over the scotish - english thing, what the hell will happen when people develop space wepons... i mean come on guys, better yourselfs, scots love english and english i know love scots, especially the kilts.... *sigh*

User avatar
RoI2
Diplomat
 
Posts: 869
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby RoI2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:54 am

Soviet Taoistan wrote:
RoI2 wrote:
Crabulonia wrote:
I am Scottish as well and understand exactly what he means.

The English dislike the Scots, the Scots dislike the English, the Welsh probably weigh in hating people as well. Why are we a unified country?

We all live on the same island? We share a language? 1707? The fact that we've dominated you for centuries?
I share much more in common with fellow Scottish than with British in general.

You mean you like horrible food, are unhealthy and wear skirts?


Outside perspective here from California. The food all over the isles kinda sucks if you ignore all the Indian places. If you joined the EU, you could have more French and Mediterranean food. And that is without a colonial system like in the East. Everyone wins!

Where does this stereotype come from? Our food is awesome.
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

User avatar
Dzvasdvsdv
Envoy
 
Posts: 276
Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Dzvasdvsdv » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:55 am

Theodoran wrote:Haha i forgot to say that i'm half english too so the fact that you've imediatly taken against me because i'm scotish is disgruntling, if people can't get over the scotish - english thing, what the hell will happen when people develop space wepons... i mean come on guys, better yourselfs, scots love english and english i know love scots, especially the kilts.... *sigh*


No, I've taken against you because you're saying some pretty fucking stupid things.

User avatar
Theodoran
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Theodoran » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:55 am

Soviet Taoistan wrote:
RoI2 wrote:
Crabulonia wrote:
I am Scottish as well and understand exactly what he means.

The English dislike the Scots, the Scots dislike the English, the Welsh probably weigh in hating people as well. Why are we a unified country?

We all live on the same island? We share a language? 1707? The fact that we've dominated you for centuries?
I share much more in common with fellow Scottish than with British in general.

You mean you like horrible food, are unhealthy and wear skirts?


Outside perspective here from California. The food all over the isles kinda sucks if you ignore all the Indian places. If you joined the EU, you could have more French and Mediterranean food. And that is without a colonial system like in the East. Everyone wins!


ok there is an idiot stereotyping there, but british food it wonderful in local specialities.... where do you think sandwiches came from, and jam tarts and burgers and basically alot of american -canadian food is british and french and scotish... random, but a scotsman invented the telly!

User avatar
Imperialist Reich
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 407
Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Imperialist Reich » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:56 am

Excuse me! Please remember what this topic is all about. If you want to talk about Scots vs English, do that somewhere else.
Please!
"Empires of the world have always risen and fallen through war and conquest, it seems that the Empire has risen without war but fall with conquest" - Emperor Sareth Aringarosa

User avatar
Theodoran
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Theodoran » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:56 am

Dzvasdvsdv wrote:
Theodoran wrote:Haha i forgot to say that i'm half english too so the fact that you've imediatly taken against me because i'm scotish is disgruntling, if people can't get over the scotish - english thing, what the hell will happen when people develop space wepons... i mean come on guys, better yourselfs, scots love english and english i know love scots, especially the kilts.... *sigh*


No, I've taken against you because you're saying some pretty fucking stupid things.


the one dispelling inferior items appears to be you, i haven't sworn once, you just f this and f that XD you're the stupid one *sigh* idiot.

User avatar
Theodoran
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Theodoran » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:56 am

Imperialist Reich wrote:Excuse me! Please remember what this topic is all about. If you want to talk about Scots vs English, do that somewhere else.
Please!


my attempts to break that up failed sorry XD

i want a USE!

Edit: thank god RoI2 has gone..
Last edited by Theodoran on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RoI2
Diplomat
 
Posts: 869
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby RoI2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:59 am

Theodoran wrote:
Dzvasdvsdv wrote:
Theodoran wrote:Haha i forgot to say that i'm half english too so the fact that you've imediatly taken against me because i'm scotish is disgruntling, if people can't get over the scotish - english thing, what the hell will happen when people develop space wepons... i mean come on guys, better yourselfs, scots love english and english i know love scots, especially the kilts.... *sigh*


No, I've taken against you because you're saying some pretty fucking stupid things.


the one dispelling inferior items appears to be you, i haven't sworn once, you just f this and f that XD you're the stupid one *sigh* idiot.

Someone who swears =/= unitelligent. Someone who doesn't... well that's just odd.
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

User avatar
RoI2
Diplomat
 
Posts: 869
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby RoI2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:00 am

Theodoran wrote:[
Edit: thank god RoI2 has gone..

WTF?
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

User avatar
Theodoran
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Theodoran » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:02 am

RoI2 wrote:
Theodoran wrote:
Dzvasdvsdv wrote:
Theodoran wrote:Haha i forgot to say that i'm half english too so the fact that you've imediatly taken against me because i'm scotish is disgruntling, if people can't get over the scotish - english thing, what the hell will happen when people develop space wepons... i mean come on guys, better yourselfs, scots love english and english i know love scots, especially the kilts.... *sigh*


No, I've taken against you because you're saying some pretty fucking stupid things.


the one dispelling inferior items appears to be you, i haven't sworn once, you just f this and f that XD you're the stupid one *sigh* idiot.

Someone who swears =/= unitelligent. Someone who doesn't... well that's just odd.


someone who swears lacks the vocabulary to describe how they are feeling without using wards that offend others, it dosen't offend me, it's just it's a bit silly saying nothing really not very good then patting yourself on the back because it's got fuck in it... and you, RoI2 are a idiocratic stereotyper that can't comprehend anyone but your own view.
Last edited by Theodoran on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Call to power
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6908
Founded: Apr 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Call to power » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:03 am

you' know its threads like these that make me ashamed to be British sometimes

also Churchill is not some sort of superman for chirstsakes and I'd rather not we adopt some founding father nonsense

RoI2 wrote:Where does this stereotype come from? Our food is awesome.


Americans eat biscuits and gravy so I'm of the opinion that they are in fact a different species entirely (normal food like decent chocolate will probably melt them)
The Parkus Empire wrote:Theoretically, why would anyone put anytime into anything but tobacco, intoxicants and sex?

Vareiln wrote:My god, CtP is right...
Not that you haven't been right before, but... Aw, hell, you get what I meant.

Tubbsalot wrote:replace my opinions with CtP's.


User avatar
RoI2
Diplomat
 
Posts: 869
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby RoI2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:04 am

Theodoran wrote:
RoI2 wrote:
Theodoran wrote:
Dzvasdvsdv wrote:
Theodoran wrote:Haha i forgot to say that i'm half english too so the fact that you've imediatly taken against me because i'm scotish is disgruntling, if people can't get over the scotish - english thing, what the hell will happen when people develop space wepons... i mean come on guys, better yourselfs, scots love english and english i know love scots, especially the kilts.... *sigh*


No, I've taken against you because you're saying some pretty fucking stupid things.


the one dispelling inferior items appears to be you, i haven't sworn once, you just f this and f that XD you're the stupid one *sigh* idiot.

Someone who swears =/= unitelligent. Someone who doesn't... well that's just odd.


someone who swears lacks the vocabulary to describe how they are feeling without using wards that offend others, it dosen't offend me, it's just it's a bit silly saying nothing really not very good then patting yourself on the back because it's got fuck in it... and you, RoI2 are a idiocratic stereotyper that can't comprehend anyone but your own view.

And your naïveté astounds me.
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

User avatar
Theodoran
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Theodoran » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:05 am

Call to power wrote:you' know its threads like these that make me ashamed to be British sometimes

also Churchill is not some sort of superman for chirstsakes and I'd rather not we adopt some founding father nonsense

RoI2 wrote:Where does this stereotype come from? Our food is awesome.


Americans eat biscuits and gravy so I'm of the opinion that they are in fact a different species entirely (normal food like decent chocolate will probably melt them)



i can see your point ... XD

User avatar
Call to power
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6908
Founded: Apr 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Call to power » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:06 am

Imperialist Reich wrote: In 1958 export of UK was distributed like this:
EEC - 13%
Rest of Europe - 13%
The Commonwealth - 52%

Today UK exports are distributed like this:
The rest part of EU - 56%
USA - 14.6%
The Commonwealth - 4%


I'm confused about what your trying to show, are you some sort of neo-imperialist longing for the days when Churchill would allow millions of East Indians to starve to death?
The Parkus Empire wrote:Theoretically, why would anyone put anytime into anything but tobacco, intoxicants and sex?

Vareiln wrote:My god, CtP is right...
Not that you haven't been right before, but... Aw, hell, you get what I meant.

Tubbsalot wrote:replace my opinions with CtP's.


User avatar
Theodoran
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Theodoran » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:06 am

RoI2 wrote:
Theodoran wrote:
RoI2 wrote:
Theodoran wrote:
Dzvasdvsdv wrote:
Theodoran wrote:Haha i forgot to say that i'm half english too so the fact that you've imediatly taken against me because i'm scotish is disgruntling, if people can't get over the scotish - english thing, what the hell will happen when people develop space wepons... i mean come on guys, better yourselfs, scots love english and english i know love scots, especially the kilts.... *sigh*


No, I've taken against you because you're saying some pretty fucking stupid things.


the one dispelling inferior items appears to be you, i haven't sworn once, you just f this and f that XD you're the stupid one *sigh* idiot.

Someone who swears =/= unitelligent. Someone who doesn't... well that's just odd.


someone who swears lacks the vocabulary to describe how they are feeling without using wards that offend others, it dosen't offend me, it's just it's a bit silly saying nothing really not very good then patting yourself on the back because it's got fuck in it... and you, RoI2 are a idiocratic stereotyper that can't comprehend anyone but your own view.

And your naïveté astounds me.





I aim to please =P

User avatar
RoI2
Diplomat
 
Posts: 869
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby RoI2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:06 am

Call to power wrote:you' know its threads like these that make me ashamed to be British sometimes

I'm sure this kinda thread isn't the only thing.
RoI2 wrote:Where does this stereotype come from? Our food is awesome.


Americans eat biscuits and gravy so I'm of the opinion that they are in fact a different species entirely (normal food like decent chocolate will probably melt them)

They... they don't use real biscuits, do they?
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

User avatar
North Suran
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9974
Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby North Suran » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:07 am

RoI2 wrote:
Soviet Taoistan wrote:Outside perspective here from California. The food all over the isles kinda sucks if you ignore all the Indian places. If you joined the EU, you could have more French and Mediterranean food. And that is without a colonial system like in the East. Everyone wins!

Where does this stereotype come from? Our food is awesome.

Ahem:
RoI2 wrote:You mean you like horrible food, are unhealthy and wear skirts?

The moral of the story is: Don't stereotype one nationality and then cry foul when the same thing is done to you.
Neu Mitanni wrote:As for NS, his latest statement is grounded in ignorance and contrary to fact, much to the surprise of all NSGers.


User avatar
Wakenfield
Attaché
 
Posts: 69
Founded: Dec 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Wakenfield » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:08 am

Yes because the Europeans are just too different. Britain isn't holding together too well, and if Scots and English don't get on, how could English and French, Hungarian and Romanian, and god knows what else get on? It'd just be a hotbed for bickering.

Oh ya Scots/Welsh/NIers you're as British as any Englishman.
THE WECCANFELDIAN REVOLUTIONARY REPUBLIC
Bróðorscipe ond Férscipe
The NATION-STATE representing the natural wishes and interests of the WECCANFELT NATION AND ITS HOMELAND (inclusive of areas and people at present run by false regimes or otherwise part of a WECCANFELT DIASPORA) the reaches of which are defined constitutionally or otherwise by the ANGLEZARKE TREATY OF 1822 and proceding agreements.
Total Size of the Weccanfeldian Nation: 13,137 Million
Of which is under the dominion of various false states: 5,136 Million

Come to Nova, we have Technocrats

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andsed, Arachkya, Asherahan, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Bryckton, Chan Island, Diopolis, Dooom35796821595, Dresderstan, Google [Bot], Gormwood, Greallemonsland, Hammer Britannia, Hirota, Kiruri, La Familia Cardona, Loben The 2nd, Miami Shores, MSN [Bot], Necroghastia, Ostroeuropa, Plzen, Risottia, San Lumen, Satuga, Shrillland, Telconi, The Black Forrest, The Isles of the Grey, Totenborg, Vassenor, Veceria, Victorious Decepticons, Zurkerx

Advertisement

Remove ads