NATION

PASSWORD

Oppose the Unification of Europe?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Do you want a European Federation?

Yes
51
46%
No
50
45%
Maybe - Debate
11
10%
 
Total votes : 112

User avatar
Imperialist Reich
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 407
Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Imperialist Reich » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:02 am

Do you oppose the Lisbon treaty? The soon coming: United States of Europe and the European Union?
Please debate.
Personally, I despise it.
Here is my reason:

The EU's dream has been to take our independence away from each European country right from the start. This can cause outrage from patriots. (like me)
The made the British people be depressed by showing the speech by Winston Churchill saying there should be a United States of Europe. However, the EU does not show that Churchill also stated Britain should not be part of it.
Dosnt it ever make you angry that about over 50% of nations rules are made in Brussels instead of our own government?
And also, the police have the right to shoot without prosecuting the criminal!

Does any of those wage you in the way to support the EU?
Last edited by Imperialist Reich on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Empires of the world have always risen and fallen through war and conquest, it seems that the Empire has risen without war but fall with conquest" - Emperor Sareth Aringarosa

User avatar
RoI2
Diplomat
 
Posts: 869
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby RoI2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:05 am

That's allot of bullshit you've got there. I don't want a unified state - and there won't be 1.
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

User avatar
The Christendom Empire
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 14
Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby The Christendom Empire » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:10 am

As long as people don't want a USE, than that's all I am happy about.

User avatar
Imperialist Reich
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 407
Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Imperialist Reich » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:12 am

RoI2 wrote:That's allot of bullshit you've got there. I don't want a unified state - and there won't be 1.

I dont care what amount of bulls*** I have. I only care if you want one or not.
"Empires of the world have always risen and fallen through war and conquest, it seems that the Empire has risen without war but fall with conquest" - Emperor Sareth Aringarosa

User avatar
North Suran
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9974
Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby North Suran » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:13 am

Nah; I oppose insane nationalists who spout a pile of unsubstantiated crap in order to justify their anti-EU sentiment.
Neu Mitanni wrote:As for NS, his latest statement is grounded in ignorance and contrary to fact, much to the surprise of all NSGers.


User avatar
RoI2
Diplomat
 
Posts: 869
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby RoI2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:16 am

Imperialist Reich wrote:
RoI2 wrote:That's allot of bullshit you've got there. I don't want a unified state - and there won't be 1.

I dont care what amount of bulls*** I have. I only care if you want one or not.

Well, virtually everything you said is wrong. I guess you vote UKIP or BNP.
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

User avatar
Hating-Silly-Fascists
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Jun 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Hating-Silly-Fascists » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:28 am

I've got no problem with heavy involvement in the EU, but I believe that all the states should remain individual. As a Scottish nationalist, I want our government to control our affairs, not someone in London, or even further afield. I do however consider myself a European as well (though not British oddly enough) and I believe that the EU is a vital organisation.

User avatar
Imperialist Reich
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 407
Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Imperialist Reich » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:28 am

RoI2 wrote:
Imperialist Reich wrote:
RoI2 wrote:That's allot of bullshit you've got there. I don't want a unified state - and there won't be 1.

I dont care what amount of bulls*** I have. I only care if you want one or not.

Well, virtually everything you said is wrong. I guess you vote UKIP or BNP.


Ukip.
But the thing about the Churchill speech is right.
One thing has changed widly since that speech. In 1958 export of UK was distributed like this:
EEC - 13%
Rest of Europe - 13%
The Commonwealth - 52%

Today UK exports are distributed like this:
The rest part of EU - 56%
USA - 14.6%
The Commonwealth - 4%
Last edited by Imperialist Reich on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Empires of the world have always risen and fallen through war and conquest, it seems that the Empire has risen without war but fall with conquest" - Emperor Sareth Aringarosa

User avatar
RoI2
Diplomat
 
Posts: 869
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby RoI2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:30 am

Imperialist Reich wrote:
RoI2 wrote:
Imperialist Reich wrote:
RoI2 wrote:That's allot of bullshit you've got there. I don't want a unified state - and there won't be 1.

I dont care what amount of bulls*** I have. I only care if you want one or not.

Well, virtually everything you said is wrong. I guess you vote UKIP or BNP.


Ukip

Exactly. Your opinion cannot be taken seriously.
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

User avatar
RoI2
Diplomat
 
Posts: 869
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby RoI2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:32 am

Hating-Silly-Fascists wrote:I've got no problem with heavy involvement in the EU, but I believe that all the states should remain individual. As a Scottish nationalist, I want our government to control our affairs, not someone in London, or even further afield. I do however consider myself a European as well (though not British oddly enough) and I believe that the EU is a vital organisation.

You get your own say in allot of things. And the English have no say in it. But, the scots get a say in our business...funny that.
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

User avatar
Hating-Silly-Fascists
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Jun 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Hating-Silly-Fascists » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:32 am

Oooh! Burn!

User avatar
Dzvasdvsdv
Envoy
 
Posts: 276
Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Dzvasdvsdv » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:34 am

Europe is on its way to unification. By 2040 it'll be a collection of semi-autonomous unified states.

User avatar
North Suran
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9974
Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby North Suran » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:34 am

RoI2 wrote:
Hating-Silly-Fascists wrote:I've got no problem with heavy involvement in the EU, but I believe that all the states should remain individual. As a Scottish nationalist, I want our government to control our affairs, not someone in London, or even further afield. I do however consider myself a European as well (though not British oddly enough) and I believe that the EU is a vital organisation.

You get your own say in allot of things. And the English have no say in it. But, the scots get a say in our business...funny that.

Let's not threadjack this into the West Lothian Question, please.

Also, Hating, how can you consider yourself to be Scottish but not be British?

The mainland of the United Kingdom is called Great Britain.
Neu Mitanni wrote:As for NS, his latest statement is grounded in ignorance and contrary to fact, much to the surprise of all NSGers.


User avatar
Imperialist Reich
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 407
Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Imperialist Reich » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:34 am

RoI2 wrote:
Imperialist Reich wrote:
RoI2 wrote:
Imperialist Reich wrote:
RoI2 wrote:That's allot of bullshit you've got there. I don't want a unified state - and there won't be 1.

I dont care what amount of bulls*** I have. I only care if you want one or not.

Well, virtually everything you said is wrong. I guess you vote UKIP or BNP.


Ukip

Exactly. Your opinion cannot be taken seriously.


But we all have our opinions so let us all have opinions please!
"Empires of the world have always risen and fallen through war and conquest, it seems that the Empire has risen without war but fall with conquest" - Emperor Sareth Aringarosa

User avatar
Dzvasdvsdv
Envoy
 
Posts: 276
Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Dzvasdvsdv » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:35 am

Hating-Silly-Fascists wrote:I do however consider myself a European as well (though not British oddly enough)


Then you're slightly below full mental capacity. You're from Britain, ergo you're British.

User avatar
RoI2
Diplomat
 
Posts: 869
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby RoI2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:36 am

Imperialist Reich wrote:
RoI2 wrote:
Imperialist Reich wrote:
RoI2 wrote:
Imperialist Reich wrote:
RoI2 wrote:That's allot of bullshit you've got there. I don't want a unified state - and there won't be 1.

I dont care what amount of bulls*** I have. I only care if you want one or not.

Well, virtually everything you said is wrong. I guess you vote UKIP or BNP.


Ukip

Exactly. Your opinion cannot be taken seriously.


But we all have our opinions so let us all have opinions please!

I let you have them. I just think they're bullshit.
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

User avatar
Dzvasdvsdv
Envoy
 
Posts: 276
Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Dzvasdvsdv » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:38 am

Imperialist Reich wrote:But we all have our opinions so let us all have opinions please!


If you put your opinion out there into public view, expect people who take issue with it to say so.

User avatar
The Orthadox Empire
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Aug 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby The Orthadox Empire » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:38 am

Who wants to be United?
That will cause civil unrest. if there is a revolution in the Federation (IF there is one) then I happily will join. I am a patriot. Fact.
Anyone got a problem with that???? :evil:

User avatar
The Valepian Lands
Diplomat
 
Posts: 993
Founded: Jun 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby The Valepian Lands » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:38 am

Some countries could do with it, the small poorer ones defiantly. I'd leave the western countries and the Scandinavian countries alone though, they're already doing well.
RUN FOR AN EMBASSY!
FACTBOOK (!Out of Date!)
DEFCON: [5][4][3][2][1]
|Economic Stats|

The Tofu Islands wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:We should call it

NSG.

Only if it’s discovered that it’s inhabited by trolls.

User avatar
Theodoran
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Theodoran » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:39 am

I'd like a unified statue, if humanity are to progress at lightning speed then we must work together, without the burden of wars and territorial disputes i'm sure the states would act like a country, and i'm ok with it because people would be speaking english! XD

User avatar
Crabulonia
Minister
 
Posts: 3087
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Crabulonia » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:43 am

North Suran wrote:
RoI2 wrote:
Hating-Silly-Fascists wrote:I've got no problem with heavy involvement in the EU, but I believe that all the states should remain individual. As a Scottish nationalist, I want our government to control our affairs, not someone in London, or even further afield. I do however consider myself a European as well (though not British oddly enough) and I believe that the EU is a vital organisation.

You get your own say in allot of things. And the English have no say in it. But, the scots get a say in our business...funny that.

Let's not threadjack this into the West Lothian Question, please.

Also, Hating, how can you consider yourself to be Scottish but not be British?

The mainland of the United Kingdom is called Great Britain.


I am Scottish as well and understand exactly what he means.

The English dislike the Scots, the Scots dislike the English, the Welsh probably weigh in hating people as well. Why are we a unified country? Do we share any ideology other than a completely unelected monarchy? Therefore we are not a unified people, why should we declare ourself under a collective identity of Britain? I share much more in common with fellow Scottish than with British in general.

Understand or do you need an essay?

User avatar
Dzvasdvsdv
Envoy
 
Posts: 276
Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Dzvasdvsdv » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:45 am

Crabulonia wrote:I am Scottish as well and understand exactly what he means.

The English dislike the Scots, the Scots dislike the English, the Welsh probably weigh in hating people as well. Why are we a unified country? Do we share any ideology other than a completely unelected monarchy? Therefore we are not a unified people, why should we declare ourself under a collective identity of Britain? I share much more in common with fellow Scottish than with British in general.

Understand or do you need an essay?


I know what you mean, but you live on the island of Britain, so you're British whether you like it or not.

User avatar
RoI2
Diplomat
 
Posts: 869
Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby RoI2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:46 am

Crabulonia wrote:
I am Scottish as well and understand exactly what he means.

The English dislike the Scots, the Scots dislike the English, the Welsh probably weigh in hating people as well. Why are we a unified country?

We all live on the same island? We share a language? 1707? The fact that we've dominated you for centuries?
I share much more in common with fellow Scottish than with British in general.

You mean you like horrible food, are unhealthy and wear skirts?
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

User avatar
Theodoran
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Theodoran » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:46 am

Carbulona stop talking as if your the representative of scotland, i'm scotish and i love the english, and the welsh and i know plenty of scots that feel the same way, it's people like you that raise anger between nationalities kindly go away, before i burst with anger =P

User avatar
Dzvasdvsdv
Envoy
 
Posts: 276
Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Oppose the Unification of Europe?

Postby Dzvasdvsdv » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:46 am

Theodoran wrote:without the burden of wars and territorial disputes i'm sure the states would act like a country


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You really think the French and Germans won't be giving themselves the top jobs and creaming off all the money?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Auzkhia, Bombadil, Dooom35796821595, Dresderstan, Eahland, GLDF, Greed and Death, Heloin, Merriwhether, Moribundustan, Neanderthaland, Ouritros, Proctopeo, Salus Maior, The British American Colonies, The Commoners Republic of America, The Corparation, The Holy Therns, The Noviaskiet, Trotskylvania, Uiiop, Vaeruio, Venkara, Xuloqoia

Advertisement

Remove ads