NATION

PASSWORD

Hitler or Stalin or Mao?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hitler or Stalin or Mao?

Hitler
37%
Stalin
45%
Mao
18%

Total votes : 130

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: Hitler or Stalin or Mao?

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:32 am

How about the 3 of them?
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Farnhamia Redux
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Farnhamia Redux » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:37 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:How about the 3 of them?

Equally. Like I said on page one, debating who was worse is like talking about which is worse, diphtheria, typhoid or the plague.
Since when is reality a popularity contest? ~ VoijaRisa

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:38 am

Farnhamia Redux wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:How about the 3 of them?

Equally. Like I said on page one, debating who was worse is like talking about which is worse, diphtheria, typhoid or the plague.

Agreed, sistah.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

JarVik
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby JarVik » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:21 am

I guess I'd vote Hitler as the worst for the damage done to Europe etc and that Stalin may not have had such a long rule and entrenchement of rule had it not been for the great patriotic war. In a way I'm saying that Hitler contributed to Stalins reign indirrectly which may have been shorter or less bloody without Hitler-WW2. Speculation of course.
I like pancakes!
In search of SpellCheck
Swims with Leaches!

Khithali
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Khithali » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:53 am

Well the majority of the death's from Mao's regime came from famine caused by mismanagement. Not to say that he didn't have people locked up, tortured, etc. but it was on a lesser scale, and most of his casualties were a result of stupidity rather than maliciousness. So he's out.

Between Hitler and Stalin is a difficult one, but I eventually went with Hitler because he not only killed vast amounts of people in death and concentration camps, but he propagated one of the bloodiest wars in history. I also think (although I'm not sure on this one) that Stalin only had concentration camps as opposed to death camps. Not saying that the ghoulags were excusable by any means, but they were less worse than the gas chambers. Just my take.

Western Mediterranean
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Mediterranean » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:01 pm

Mmm, I'd say Hitler. He killed more people in less time than Stalin, so he was more "efficient" in his evil. And he wanted to eliminate a whole race, which neither Stalin or Mao wanted. So yes, my vote is for Hitler.

Stalin was also an authoritarian paranoid, but far less than Hitler. And, if I'm not mistaken, most of the deaths in the PRC during the Mao's life were caused by famines.
Economic left/right: -9.75
Social Lbertarian/Authoritarian: -6.46

"Mentre haja Estat, no hi haurà llibertat. Quan haja llibertat, no hi haurà Estat"

Angleter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Angleter » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:08 pm

Pol Pot is worse than all of them, but Stalin out of those three as he escaped unpunished- indeed he was rewarded after WW2- the only major nation to gain territory.
[align=center]"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

Vicious Storms
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vicious Storms » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:00 pm

Hitler i'd say was the worst because, well the concentration camps, his physco killing, etc....

Hussein was a really bad guy too. But not as much.

Vojvodina-Nihon
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Vojvodina-Nihon » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:05 pm

Angleter wrote:Pol Pot is worse than all of them, but Stalin out of those three as he escaped unpunished- indeed he was rewarded after WW2- the only major nation to gain territory.

Mao Zedong also escaped pretty unpunished, actually. And Hitler was never actually punished all that much, as he didn't live to see Germany fall and committed suicide rather than stand trial for his crimes.
One of many Czardas puppets. I regarded this as my main account upon creating it and for several years thereafter, but these days, that's no longer important.
Death is patient, death is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Death does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Cybach
Minister

Founded: Nov 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cybach » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:51 am

Vojvodina-Nihon wrote:
Angleter wrote:Pol Pot is worse than all of them, but Stalin out of those three as he escaped unpunished- indeed he was rewarded after WW2- the only major nation to gain territory.

Mao Zedong also escaped pretty unpunished, actually. And Hitler was never actually punished all that much, as he didn't live to see Germany fall and committed suicide rather than stand trial for his crimes.

Hitler was a soldier to the bone, even later as an old man and politician in his bunker, as seen by his decorated WW1 service. A soldier tends to view surrender as shameful. Or at least Hitler did. See Hannibal, Marcus Antonius (Along with Cleopatra) and many other historical figures for similar views. What do they have in common with Hitler? They also committed suicide "rather" than give their "enemies" the victory of killing or belittling you. It is seen as the traditional "FU," of military tradition. There is nothing cowardly about committing suicide to vex ones enemies. Goering did the same. When one has no cards left, one plays your final ace, you cheat your enemy of their final victory.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General