NATION

PASSWORD

Choosing lesbianism.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Seibertron
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Seibertron » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:46 pm

Polruan wrote:
Seibertron wrote: :eyebrow:
Prison rape?
Well inmates don't choose to be gay they get forced to partake in homosexual unless you talking about the rapist who may or may not have been gay.

No not rape I mean just choosing to use men as substitute women. It used to be quite common in British boarding schools too. And, of course, it doesn't necessarily mean you're choosing to be gay, just like the idea of choosing to be lesbian seems stupid!

Oh right, after long periods of isolation from the opposite sex it is cliché to turn to homosexuality.
Join the Super Robot Mecha Multiverse today!
メリー クリスマス

The Yremia Corporate
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Yremia Corporate » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:46 pm

Celritannia wrote:
The Yremia Corporate wrote:
And so, how many relationships with women have you had? :D

I have my gf/partner, and we have a deep connection.

Well congrats, and hope all goes well.

The Yremia Corporate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Yremia Corporate » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Grand Westphalia wrote:Ma'm (or miss), I would implore you to keep your sexuality to yourself and those with whom you are... intimate... ahem, that said, "tmi".

She can't she cut off connection to men a while ago, probably why she is getting all heated about wanting to be lesbian.

Femnipotent
Envoy

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Femnipotent » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:I do believe that it's not a choice, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that 'choosing' one way or another is 'stupid'.
She could have been this way her whole life and only realised now, hence why it feels like a 'choice'.

It does not 'feel' like a choice, it is a choice.

Look. Getting on to skates the first time does not feel natural, but you learn how to do it, right? Choosing to get on them is not a 'natural' choice.

There are all sorts of biological imperatives we have as humans that are coded into our DNA, and yet a great many of those imperatives can absolutely be controlled. We make choices about how to control them.

I have grown up in a society that made certain choices, and then taught me to make the same choices among a carefully controlled set of 'options'. I am attempting to break out of that, by making my own choices. Humans do this all the time. Why must it be something else (my real nature coming through) when it comes to sexuality?

Why of all things must sexuality be set in stone and like Eskimos all we do is uncover the true form? I think I can carve something different.
Last edited by Femnipotent on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seibertron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Seibertron » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Grand Westphalia wrote:Ma'm (or miss), I would implore you to keep your sexuality to yourself and those with whom you are... intimate... ahem, that said, "tmi".

She can't she cut off connection to men a while ago, probably why she is getting all heated about wanting to be lesbian.

Yep the internet is the best place to disconnect from people!
メリー クリスマス

The Congregationists
Ambassador

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Congregationists » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:49 pm

Personally, I don't care who the O.P is attracted to or not.

But the idea that sexual orientation is a "choice" should be a welcome one to Westboro Baptist, Pat Robertson and the rest of the religious right. "See? The gays really can be cured, if they want to be." This is a big part, though only a part, of why I don't like political lesbianism.
•Criticism of sentimental love, marriage, sex, religion, and rituals.
•Valuing reason over emotion and imagination
•Ironic, indirect, and impersonal (objective) representation of ideas.
•Uncompromising criticism of romantic illusions.
•Advocacy of pragmatism and disapproval of idealism and ideology.
•Especially vehement opposition to neo-liberalism, social democracy, communism, libertarianism and feminism.
•Satirisation of irrational and whimsical attitudes of the so-called creative class.
•Criticism of social, political, cultural, and moral customs and manners of the contemporary society.

Grand Westphalia
Attaché

Founded: Oct 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Westphalia » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:50 pm

I understand that. My concern is that she is discussing her... [whisper] sexuality [/whisper]... on a Public interweb forum...

The Yremia Corporate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Yremia Corporate » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:50 pm

Femnipotent wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:I do believe that it's not a choice, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that 'choosing' one way or another is 'stupid'.
She could have been this way her whole life and only realised now, hence why it feels like a 'choice'.

It does not 'feel' like a choice, it is a choice.

Look. Getting on to skates the first time does not feel natural, but you learn how to do it, right? Choosing to get on them is not a 'natural' choice.

There are all sorts of biological imperatives we have as humans that are coded into our DNA, and yet a great many of those imperatives can absolutely be controlled. We make choices about how to control them.

I have grown up in a society that made certain choices, and then taught me to make the same choices among a carefully controlled set of 'options'. I am attempting to break out of that, by making my own choices. Humans do this all the time. Why must it be something else (my real nature coming through) when it comes to sexuality?

Why of all things must sexuality be set in stone?

Yeah cause skating is like sex, I can just remember the first orgasm I had when I touched my boots.

Also most (sexuality being one) of your characteristics are decided by genes not you, so lol at your failed argument.

JustinusCaesar
Envoy

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby JustinusCaesar » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:50 pm

Grand Westphalia wrote:

I understand that. My concern is that she is discussing her... [whisper] sexuality [/whisper]... on a Public interweb forum...

I am straight

Am i doing it right?
Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame thrower.-Unknown

Americans never recognize an idea unless it has white wings or a forked tail.- H.L. Mencken, 1920s
(Don't take this one at face value or as anti-american.)

He who trains his tongue to quote the learned sages,
will be known far and wide as a smart ass. -Howard Kandel

The Yremia Corporate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Yremia Corporate » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Well we all know she is posting it here for attention or simply is confused but attention seems more likely.

Pieman City
Envoy

Founded: Jul 04, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Pieman City » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:52 pm

I've always been under the impression that a true relationship requires sexual attraction, which I beleive isn't something one can force.

You can claim to be a lesbian, and only date women, but I wouldn't say you've "converted" so to speak, unless you find yourself being sexually aroused over the female form.

And if that is the case, you're likely bisexual.

Femnipotent
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Femnipotent » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:53 pm

The Congregationists wrote:Personally, I don't care who the O.P is attracted to or not.

But the idea that sexual orientation is a "choice" should be a welcome one to Westboro Baptist, Pat Robertson and the rest of the religious right. "See? The gays really can be cured, if they want to be." This is a big part, though only a part, of why I don't like political lesbianism.

I can understand why you would find the concept distasteful, as distastefully as somewhat similar arguments have been used by such hate groups. However, the use of 'choice' as an instrument of hate does not invalidate my exercise of choice. We do not dismiss the notion of free speech merely because Holocaust deniers rely on it.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:54 pm

I understand what you're getting at but you can't hate men because they're men. That's misandry.
Last edited by The Republic of Lanos on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beldonia
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:54 pm

The Yremia Corporate wrote:Well we all know she is posting it here for attention or simply is confused but attention seems more likely.

That's a bit rude and assuming.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:54 pm

Femnipotent wrote:
Vellosia wrote:You can't choose to be a lesbian - you either are you aren't.

Oh is this one of those nonsensical arguments that goes, "sure you can form romantic relationships only with women for the rest of your life and engage only in lesbian sex, but you're still actually heterosexual?"

Ok sure, if people want to claim that doing this doesn't matter and I'm still a heterosexual, I suppose the claims are ultimately meaningless as it would change nothing.

You're not getting it.

People aren't saying "it doesn't matter and you're still a heterosexual." You are choosing to interpret people in a more hostile way than they actually are.

What people are actually saying is "You can't force yourself to be one sexuality or another." If you are, in fact, bisexual or homosexual, great. But it's not something you can choose.

If you are, in fact, a lesbian, or a bisexual woman, then it is something you were born as and have denied in yourself up until now. Are you a woman and sexually attracted, on some level, to other women? If the answer is "yes," you are either homosexual or bisexual. If the answer is "no," that you are not sexually attracted on any level to other women, then you're out of luck, at least as far as this endeavor is concerned.

I don't know the inner workings of your mind, I don't know who you are sexually attracted to, I'm just putting the matter in as stark, clear terms as I can. Ultimately, the person who answers the question of who you are sexually attracted to... must be you, of course.

Like I said, if you are, in fact, sexually attracted to other women, that's great, and I hope you find a good partner (or good partners, if that's more your thing... and remember, just because someone's a woman doesn't preclude her being crazy, or emotionally abusive, or a whole mess of other things that can ruin relationship), and enjoy many happy years in whatever romantic endeavors you engage in.

If you're not on any level sexually attracted to other women... then this probably won't work out well for you. You can't force yourself to be sexually attracted to someone when you're really not. This is something that many, many "in the closet" gays/lesbians trying to look "normal" (quotation marks because homosexuality is, in fact, completely natural and normal) in repressive social environments, have discovered.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Mourro
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mourro » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:54 pm

Femnipotent wrote:
Mourro wrote:OK, so, being 'critical-minded', I will suppose that me, as a gay man, am to choose to like women. Because you seem to suggest that choice should be fine and that I can apparently just forget about my natural attraction to men. Suppose I try to have sexual relations with a woman. What do you think will happen? That is something that I have explored in my younger days, and something which fails miserably every time. I am just not naturally attracted to women - or I should say SEXUALLY. Therefore I believe that I cannot simply 'choose' to like women. It would repulse me and make me miserable. I love numerous women, but have never been sexually attracted to any one of them. It's just not in my nature. That is homosexuality, that is my nature. Really, honestly being able to choose and not mind smells like bisexuality to me. Or utter confusion.

Choice is fine.

Whether or not you have any reason to choose not to be attracted to men is intensely personal, and I cannot speak to that. Your particular sexual interests are yours, and I am not offloading mine on to you.

Other people have expressed similar feelings to me, both her and in my offline life. I am not trying to make my experience a universal one, and thus my choices should not threaten you.

Thus is the complexity of sexuality. I understand that each case is acutely individual and that we cannot 'categorize' sexuality or label it as easily as we'd like to, but I am pretty certain that we cannot choose because we're pressured to AND be content with that; we choose rather to accept our natural sexual preference(s).
Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39022
Silver Corporation News: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=112659
National Ecographic: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=112142
The Gajeli Broadsheet: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133372
Embassy Application: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38675
The Green Shield: viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=172772
A Prince's Demise: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=171023
The Mourron Education Ministry: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=172821

Femnipotent
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Femnipotent » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:54 pm

Grand Westphalia wrote:

Removing certain influences from your life can mean isolating yourself from them, or learning how to...not let them influence you. The latter obviously is harder than the former but it is hardly impossible.

Nor are 'male influences' confined to men, something that is often overlooked.

But that is a digression and I apologise.

Demonatrix
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Demonatrix » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:54 pm

JustinusCaesar wrote:This thread is starting to look a lot like four-sided's last thread. Is anyone else noticing this or is it just me?

It's starting to look like Femnipotents last 3 threads...

Ignore anyone who disagrees, make insane claims, announce she will become a lesbian, denounce all males, denounce all female that dont denounce all males, like I said earlier, somebody TG me when she gets to how while lesbians are also the enemy too...

The Yremia Corporate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Yremia Corporate » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Warning the OP is a feminazi:

Posts that do not agree will be warned then the poster will be blocked!

all hail the patriarchy! :bow:

my lols

Seibertron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Seibertron » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Demonatrix wrote:
JustinusCaesar wrote:This thread is starting to look a lot like four-sided's last thread. Is anyone else noticing this or is it just me?

Ignore anyone who disagrees, make insane claims, announce she will become a lesbian, denounce all males, denounce all female that dont denounce all males, like I said earlier, somebody TG me when she gets to how while lesbians are also the enemy too...

:clap: :clap:
Femnipotent! Tip if you don't want people to correct you then don't post on a forum! There are things call blogs!
メリー クリスマス

The Yremia Corporate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Yremia Corporate » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Demonatrix wrote:

THE LESBIANS! THEY LOVE THINGS! ARRRRRGH! THERES NO LOVE IN A PERFECT WORLD! is how I imagine her discovery.

IL Ruffino
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 29, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby IL Ruffino » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 pm

The Congregationists wrote:Personally, I don't care who the O.P is attracted to or not.

How fucking dare you imply that my God would give anyone the choice to be gay. Truly disgusting and offensive.

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Femnipotent wrote:I have chosen to become a lesbian.

When are you moving to Lesbos? :p
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)^
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

Femnipotent
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Femnipotent » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Pieman City wrote:I've always been under the impression that a true relationship requires sexual attraction, which I beleive isn't something one can force.

Why not?

As I noted earlier, the now mainstream preference for shaved female genitalia is not some sort of 'natural' preference. It has become a social preference. Like fake breasts, fake tans, and a variety of other modifications humans make to their appearance according to the whims of fashion and attraction.

If you know that, how can you claim we cannot influence ourselves to become attracted to things we choose to become attracted to? Must the guiding forced only be external to be legitimate?

Pieman City wrote:
You can claim to be a lesbian, and only date women, but I wouldn't say you've "converted" so to speak, unless you find yourself being sexually aroused over the female form.
Then I have succeeded.

Pieman City wrote:And if that is the case, you're likely bisexual.

Again, why the insistence that it absolutely cannot be choice?

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 pm

I've been reading your threads with interest Femnipotent, and while I do find some of your views a little shocking, I don't see why anyone should be tied into social comformity. However, I do think you're on a path of misanthropy, by letting your dislike of men and male society guide your life. Do you not think that by taking such extreme measures you may infact be programming yourself to be maladjusted? Socially alienated and dysfunctional? I do not in any way frown upon the way you wish to live your life, but it does seem that you are consumed by your drive to avoid male society that unless you move somewhere entirely devoid of them, you will villify them to the point of developing a crippling phobia.

I do hope it works out for you, though, and that it brings you what you feel will make you happy.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General