NATION

PASSWORD

WINNERS 11th Annual Posters Awards!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Different counting method for Medals and Trophies, in next year's awards?

YES, different counting method
29%
NO, keep Neo Kervoskia's method
7%
------
19%
All Medals and Trophies awarded first-past-the-post (NK's method)
No votes
Gold/GP counts as 3, Silver counts as 2, Bronze counts as 1. Most points gets Gold/GP, next most points gets Silver, etc.
14%
Gold/GP counts as 4, Silver counts as 2, Bronze counts as 1. Most points gets Gold/GP, next most points gets Silver, etc.
21%
Gold/GP counts as 15, Silver counts as 12, Bronze counts as 10. Most points gets Gold/GP, next most points gets Silver, etc.
7%
Some other method (explained)
2%

Total votes : 42

Bottle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:51 pm

As somebody who spreadsheets and min-maxes in videogames, I am happier about the number crunching in this thread than I am about any of the awards. Well played, NSG.
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

The Merchant Republics
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Merchant Republics » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Honourable mentions! Hurrah!

No seriously, I'm quite happy with this.

Congratulations to all the winners, you guys and gals have all been great.
Your Resident Gentleman and Libertarian; presently living in the People's Republic of China, which is if anyone from the Party asks "The Best and Also Only China".
Christian Libertarian Autarchist: like an Anarchist but with more "Aut".
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-8.55)
Economic: Left/Right (7.55)
We are the premiere of civilization, the beacon of liberty, the font of prosperity and the ever illuminating light of culture in this hellish universe.
In short: Elitist Wicked Cultured Free Market Anarchists living in a Diesel-Deco World.

Now Fearing: Mandarin Lessons from Cantonese teachers.
Factbook (FT)|Art Gallery|Embassy Program

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:43 am

Now with a poll.

You have two votes. Please vote Yes or No, and also your preferred system of picking Gold/Silver/Bronze awards.

This years results will not be affected.
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Ailiailia wrote:If people think it would be better to spread the awards around I could make these changes:

1. Farnhamia would keep KYC but lose the Mention. Other candidates for a Mention are Alien Space Bats (4th in medals by any accounting), The Parkus Empire (trophyist by any weighted accounting) and Katganistan (9.5 to NERVUN's 18, despite doing more of her work away from General).
  2. Put in more Honorable Mentions, by popular demand in this thread (people really should see the speadsheet I can see before deciding). Not too many though, it shouldn't be a "thanks for playing" award.
  3. CM would lose the half-share of Best Sig so -StGeorge has it outright.
  4. ... AND/OR ... CM gives up Bronze Trophy to Nanatsu no Tsuki, leaving The Parkus Empire with the Silver Trophy outright (or the other way around, or toss for it).
  5. Dumb Ideologies (8) would lose Outstanding Sarcasm to Norstal (5) but keep Humor which she won by an hilarious margin.
  6. Keronians (5 with one GP) would give up the Bronze Medal to Buffet and Colbert (3 with 1 silver) or Grave_n_Idle (3 with one GP), keeping Best New Poster which Kero won decisively.
  7. The Nuclear Fist (4) could give up Best WTF Moment to You-Gi-Owe (3) and keep the Award for Uncommon Insanity (12) since even the combined insanity of Lunatic Goofballs (4), Nightkill the Emperor (3) and Zeppy (3) does not match it without added insanity from Dumb Ideologies (2), Hammurab (2) or You-Gi-Owe (2).

Conserative Morality wrote:I'd be fine with either of those changes. *clings to his silver medal*

OK, I've done that.

Keronians wrote:...

*hugs awards*

And I'll take that as a "no" to suggestion #6.

I wouldn't have done it anyway without some feedback on the idea of 'spreading the awards around'.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:30 pm

Sibirsky wrote:Am I allowed to transfer some of my votes?

Definitely not, after the nominations have closed. And, I think, not ever.

I guess you could refuse nominations but it would still be up to others to give those nominations to someone else (or not). Votes 'for' you are not 'your' votes to change.

Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

Steel and Fire
Diplomat

Founded: May 17, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Steel and Fire » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Ailiailia wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:Am I allowed to transfer some of my votes?

I guess you could refuse nominations but it would still be up to others to give those nominations to someone else (or not). Votes 'for' you are not 'your' votes to change.

There's historical precedence for pre-emptively or post-emptively withdrawing from the contest altogether. I think Fass (back when he existed) used to do so in every popularity contest thread that came along for instance.
The Republic of Elysia

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:51 pm

Steel and Fire wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:

There's historical precedence precedent for pre-emptively or post-emptively withdrawing from the contest altogether. I think Fass (back when he existed) used to do so in every popularity contest thread that came along for instance.

Sure.

But the decision of who to vote for instead remains with the voter.

Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Bumping this sucker to get some more votes in the poll.

Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:45 am

Ailiailia wrote:Bumping this sucker to get some more votes in the poll.

If you want I can do some puppet wankery...
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General