NATION

PASSWORD

WINNERS 11th Annual Posters Awards!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Different counting method for Medals and Trophies, in next year's awards?

YES, different counting method
29%
NO, keep Neo Kervoskia's method
7%
------
19%
All Medals and Trophies awarded first-past-the-post (NK's method)
No votes
Gold/GP counts as 3, Silver counts as 2, Bronze counts as 1. Most points gets Gold/GP, next most points gets Silver, etc.
14%
Gold/GP counts as 4, Silver counts as 2, Bronze counts as 1. Most points gets Gold/GP, next most points gets Silver, etc.
21%
Gold/GP counts as 15, Silver counts as 12, Bronze counts as 10. Most points gets Gold/GP, next most points gets Silver, etc.
7%
Some other method (explained)
2%

Total votes : 42

Mimic
Envoy

Founded: May 17, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Mimic » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:18 pm

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Thanks to everyone who voted. I do not recall even coming close to winning an award previously, so to win two is really quite something. This has been a very difficult year, and without the support of a number of people on this forum I am not sure I would still be around. My record here is far from beyond blemish. With the rage quits, bans and numerous warnings in my past I am aware that I am far from an uncontroversial character and that some may be less than pleased for me to be recognised in this way. I'd like to thank all of you for putting up with me so long; that someone like me can come through and win something like this says a lot about the tolerant, forgiving and supportive nature of the community. I acknowledge my faults and hope to improve upon them.

This place really has been like a second family. When I had to quit my PhD and enter the labour market unprepared during the worst recession in living memory, when I approached near-breakdown through social anxiety, when the struggles and self-worth difficulties of being a fairly isolated NEET became too much, there was always one place I could turn up, talk things through without the risk of negative judgement, and receive reassurance that, at least here, I would always be valued and have an appreciated role to play. You are wonderful people and this is a great community. Thank you.

Sorry, who are you again?
Also, bonobos suck. Go Macaques.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:21 pm

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Thanks to everyone who voted. I do not recall even coming close to winning an award previously, so to win two is really quite something. This has been a very difficult year, and without the support of a number of people on this forum I am not sure I would still be around. My record here is far from beyond blemish. With the rage quits, bans and numerous warnings in my past I am aware that I am far from an uncontroversial character and that some may be less than pleased for me to be recognised in this way. I'd like to thank all of you for putting up with me so long; that someone like me can come through and win something like this says a lot about the tolerant, forgiving and supportive nature of the community. I acknowledge my faults and hope to improve upon them.

This place really has been like a second family. When I had to quit my PhD and enter the labour market unprepared during the worst recession in living memory, when I approached near-breakdown through social anxiety, when the struggles and self-worth difficulties of being a fairly isolated NEET became too much, there was always one place I could turn up, talk things through without the risk of negative judgement, and receive reassurance that, at least here, I would always be valued and have an appreciated role to play. You are wonderful people and this is a great community. Thank you.

You're welcome. Good luck out there.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks to everyone who voted for me! /victory clasp
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Damn DI, Generalites look after their own. Hang in there, and we'll always be here.

(Rumors of posters leaving are lies and should be reported to the Ministry of Truth)
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

Damn DI, Generalites look after their own. Hang in there, and we'll always be here.

(Rumors of posters leaving are lies and should be reported to the Ministry of Truth)

and max barry refers to nsg as the dark side of nationstates bah.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Ailiailia wrote:If people think it would be better to spread the awards around I could make these changes:

1. Farnhamia would keep KYC but lose the Mention. Other candidates for a Mention are Alien Space Bats (4th in medals by any accounting), The Parkus Empire (trophyist by any weighted accounting) and Katganistan (9.5 to NERVUN's 18, despite doing more of her work away from General).
  2. Put in more Honorable Mentions, by popular demand in this thread (people really should see the speadsheet I can see before deciding). Not too many though, it shouldn't be a "thanks for playing" award.
  3. CM would lose the half-share of Best Sig so -StGeorge has it outright.
  4. ... AND/OR ... CM gives up Bronze Trophy to Nanatsu no Tsuki, leaving The Parkus Empire with the Silver Trophy outright (or the other way around, or toss for it).
  5. Dumb Ideologies (8) would lose Outstanding Sarcasm to Norstal (5) but keep Humor which she won by an hilarious margin.
  6. Keronians (5 with one GP) would give up the Bronze Medal to Buffet and Colbert (3 with 1 silver) or Grave_n_Idle (3 with one GP), keeping Best New Poster which Kero won decisively.
  7. The Nuclear Fist (4) could give up Best WTF Moment to You-Gi-Owe (3) and keep the Award for Uncommon Insanity (12) since even the combined insanity of Lunatic Goofballs (4), Nightkill the Emperor (3) and Zeppy (3) does not match it without added insanity from Dumb Ideologies (2), Hammurab (2) or You-Gi-Owe (2).

I would not change any one of those without the agreement of the parties involved.

But I ask you all to give opinions on whether the prizes should be spread around a bit more, so posters don't have to share an award (tho, Nana and Parkus is a match made in heaven ... I can say that because Galloism would run out of fuel before he could fly over and bomb my house with turkeys ...) and no poster has more than one award unless they won them both by large margins.

Give your opinion on it, and I repeat: I won't change anything unless the poster losing an award agrees. Otherwise it stays just like it is in the OP.

I'd be fine with either of those changes. *clings to his silver medal*

Jocabia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 25, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jocabia » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:36 pm

What the hell? I wasn't nominated for anything!
Sgt Toomey wrote:Come to think of it, it would make more sense to hate him for being black. At least its half true..
JJ Place wrote:Sure, the statistics are that a gun is more likely to harm a family member than a criminal

Keronians
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Keronians » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks guys. :blush:

And an extra thank you to all those who nominated me. I appreciate it. ;)

*hugs awards*
Proud Indian. Spanish citizen. European federalist.
Political compass
Awarded the Bronze Medal for General Debating at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards. Awarded Best New Poster at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards.
It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning.
George Orwell
· Private property
· Free foreign trade
· Exchange of goods and services
· Free formation of prices

· Market regulation
· Social security
· Universal healthcare
· Unemployment insurance

This is a capitalist model.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Keronians wrote:Thanks guys. :blush:

*hugs awards*

Ah, very well.

Keronians Westerner, you are hereby promoted from my Padawan to Indian Knight.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Keronians
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Keronians » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:59 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Keronians wrote:Thanks guys. :blush:

*hugs awards*

Ah, very well.

I am indeed Anakin Skywalker.

Prepare for when I move to the Dark Side of the Force.
Political compass
Awarded the Bronze Medal for General Debating at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards. Awarded Best New Poster at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards.
It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning.
George Orwell
· Private property
· Free foreign trade

· Market regulation
· Social security
· Universal healthcare
· Unemployment insurance

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:59 pm

Keronians wrote:I am indeed Anakin Skywalker.

You mean the West side? :p

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Keronians wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Ah, very well.

I am indeed Anakin Skywalker.

to?
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Do not give into the White side of the Force! :o
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Keronians
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Keronians » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:17 pm

:lol:
Political compass
George Orwell
· Private property
· Free foreign trade

· Market regulation
· Social security
· Universal healthcare
· Unemployment insurance

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:17 pm

The Force has the two sides of White and Brown.

Or West and East.
Last edited by Nightkill the Emperor on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Thanks to everyone who voted for me. :)

And Galloism wants you all to know that since no one voted for him there will be Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks for all. :p
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Ailiailia wrote:Best Signature (shared)
-StGeorge

Who has apparently been deleted...
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X

You should really be using Slackware

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Bluth Corporation wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:Best Signature (shared)
-StGeorge

I don't see anything in his recent history which would lead to deletion. I will spell his name right though. It's -St George
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Greater Miami Shores wrote:lol, I should have gotten one for being the most anti social, anti revolutionay, anti socialist, common criminal fundamentalist, hardline, intransigent, Cuban American Miami Mafia Gusano Worm, Escoria Scum poster, as the RW democratic communist socialist government of Cuba most of you can believe in (lol) calls us of course sad :( faced.

I guess you should have come by the nominations thread (and voted for yourself).

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Ailiailia wrote:
Bluth Corporation wrote:

I don't see anything in his recent history which would lead to deletion. I will spell his name right though. It's -St George
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=149282
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=149282

Thanks. I'm certainly not giving the award to anyone else until the appeal is finished.

In the unlikely event SG gets that nation back, they'd certainly keep the award. If it goes hard the other way (a DoS) then it will have go to someone else. It's the in-between I'm not sure about.

Best Signature
-St George, Conserative Morality 3
Coffee Cakes, Dumb Ideologies, Norstal 2
9 posters on 1

Norstal has more other noms than Coffee Cakes does.

Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:40 pm

Ailiailia wrote:

Thanks. I'm certainly not giving the award to anyone else until the appeal is finished.

In the unlikely event SG gets that nation back, they'd certainly keep the award. If it goes hard the other way (a DoS) then it will have go to someone else. It's the in-between I'm not sure about.

Best Signature
9 posters on 1

I should get it for being helpful...
*nods*
Married to Koshka

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:

Best Signature
9 posters including Dyakovo on 1

*nods*

Well this is awkward: I seem to have misplaced that one nomination for Best Avatar that I'm quite certain you got. Where could it have gone?

This is totally not-serious! Dyakovo isn't getting shit OK?

Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:

Best Signature
9 posters on 1

*nods*

I know you have a vote ;)
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:49 pm

No, he means the Galloism side.
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General