NATION

PASSWORD

So what do you think of the new forum so far?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: So what do you think of the new forum so far?

Postby Euroslavia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Mikertaz Kein wrote:Well, seeing as how you are a Mod, why don't you do something about it? Surely you would have greater pull than we would...

Generally speaking, these forums are same as always...well, if you take the drastic inflow of n00bs out of account :p

I'm not an admin, so I can't mess with that sort of thing. It's already been tossed out there as an issue.
Last edited by Euroslavia on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Mikertaz Kein
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mikertaz Kein » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:17 pm

Oh... I saw red and kjinda got excited...

My bad. But you are still a MOD, right?

Muravyets
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Muravyets » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:17 pm

Neesika wrote:I've been gone for what seems like forever, been peeking in now and again. I'd like to hear what y'all think about the new digs now that we've had some time to settle in? If it's...permitted...perhaps we can discuss issues that have arisen with Moderation, and use of Moderation, since that seems to be a fairly controversial aspect of this community. Layout and vibe of General in particular though would be a great place to keep this thread focused on.

Neesika! *Pounce. Hug. Move away awkwardly.* How ya been?

Um...the new forum? Not so new anymore. We've dented it up a bit. It's pretty much up to cruising speed, I think. The quoting function still needs work.
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:27 pm

Euroslavia wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
That could be delightfully catastrophic. :)

I'm willing to take that risk! We need more humor. :)

I suppose the summer nazi influx has rather grated on people's nerves, as per usual. That and, apparently, rising rates of depression -- although again, those could be brought on by the above. We ought to be back on the humour track sometime this fall.
30 | she/her | USA | ✡︎ | ☭ | ♫

I have devised a truly marvelous signature, which this textblock is too small to contain

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:52 pm

Neesika wrote:I've been gone for what seems like forever, been peeking in now and again. I'd like to hear what y'all think about the new digs now that we've had some time to settle in? If it's...permitted...perhaps we can discuss issues that have arisen with Moderation, and use of Moderation, since that seems to be a fairly controversial aspect of this community. Layout and vibe of General in particular though would be a great place to keep this thread focused on.

seems okay to me, pretty much the same. Mods well we got a new Mod, Flibbelites. They're okay.
the usual rehashing of old topics, and the usual several dozen threads on sex, sex with animals, sex and punishment, sex in the US, sex and breaking up, dealing with no sex....finding sex etc etc.
I like posting in the threads that are about weird shit.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Funny, we weere talking about how we hadn't seen you about 12 hours ago, and all of a sudden you make a thread and come on here.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:01 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:

Funny, we weere talking about how we hadn't seen you about 12 hours ago, and all of a sudden you make a thread and come on here.

yeah i noticed that too...perhaps too much of a coincidence methinks.

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:04 pm

For me, the loss of time-warps, which happened on the Jolt forums to be fair, took a large percentage of fun out of posting,

A real good first-post hijack was a thing of beauty, I think Soyut pulled off a 'carbon-based lifeform' one that was magical and LG's deja vu hijack is another,

I miss time warps, they could turn a flamefest into nonsense and everyone would just give up, they were like a force element bringing nothing but good to the forums,

As for who' posting and what they're posting, all much of a muchness,
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:06 pm

Neesika wrote:Seems to be a lot more Mod smackdown of people who get a little...heated. Neesika worries because Neesika is one abrasive bitch. One who apparently refers to herself in the third person. Creeeeeepy.

This is true, I myself have got two warnings for things that would not have even got a gentle warning for back at Jolt. There are now harsher.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic

DBC26-Winner

United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:08 pm

better then jolt. Images can be put in quite easily.
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

yeah i noticed that too...perhaps too much of a coincidence methinks.

Indeed, maybe she was always lurking or maybe that's how you summon her. :p

DBC26-Winner

Demen
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Demen » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:13 pm

Minnas wrote:My input isn't much. After all, all I've really known is this forum. I do have something that disturbs me a bit and that is the aggressiveness of some posters. But that isn't something that is much of an issue, I presume.

your going to fucking HATE me.

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:35 pm

Jordaxia wrote:
The Cat-Tribe wrote:Sorry, but you aren't allowed to post anymore as we officially quit in a huff for you. :p

Truly amazing that I managed to inform people that I was quitting whilst simultaneously being banned. I had a whole more reasonably worded, unbannable tirade coming up today, but everyone else said what I was going to say, so now I don't need to, which was anticlimactic.

Wait, what? Banned? WTF happened? Where was I? Who are you? When's dinner?
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Ryadn wrote:
Jordaxia wrote:
The Cat-Tribe wrote:Sorry, but you aren't allowed to post anymore as we officially quit in a huff for you. :p

Truly amazing that I managed to inform people that I was quitting whilst simultaneously being banned. I had a whole more reasonably worded, unbannable tirade coming up today, but everyone else said what I was going to say, so now I don't need to, which was anticlimactic.

Yes, yes, flaming and loldrama, probably asleep or at work, Czardas, six-thirty.

I have devised a truly marvelous signature, which this textblock is too small to contain

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:42 pm

Ryadn wrote:

what?
apparently.
Mod happened?
you were in your dreamland of sugercane and pleasant raindrops singing a song about butterflies.
I am me, therefore i don't.
Dinner was 6 hours ago by conventional standards, for myself 3 hours ago. next dinner i haven't a flucking flue?

Lord Grey II
Envoy

Founded: Jun 15, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Grey II » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:49 pm

NSG has changed. I dunno if it's because of the move from jolt, or if that's just when I realized it, but there's a lot less good humor running about.
I don't mean the puns. They've gone up in usage, not down. I still can't tell if this is good or bad.
This is neither bad nor good. It has simply changed in the eyes of this humble lurker.
Your subtlety and mastery of wit leaves me sexually aroused. Do go on.

im in ur NSGs, lurkin on ur posts

Jordaxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordaxia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:53 pm

Ryadn wrote:[

1: You heard me.
2: Yep
3: I was banned for flaming the hell out of parthenon because he was dealing out a lot of trans bigotry and I'd had enough.
4: Earth is the likely answer
5: I'm Jordi
6: Dinner is served from 6 til 8:30, however you will not be seated if you arrive after 8.
...gorgonopsids.

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:53 pm

Lord Grey II wrote:NSG has changed. I dunno if it's because of the move from jolt, or if that's just when I realized it, but there's a lot less good humor running about.
I don't mean the puns. They've gone up in usage, not down. I still can't tell if this is good or bad.
This is neither bad nor good. It has simply changed in the eyes of this humble lurker.

you've seen humour running about?
did you catch him?

my one got away from me. :( (interesting thing about the sad smiley is you can see the eyebrows unlike most of the other smileys, this menas you get a better idea of the emotion being used)

mmm puns are okay, they're fairly easy to get and not difficult to replicate. folks will need some more time before they get used to each other here so give it a little time.

I've seen a couple of good threads in forum 7 actually, that might be worth having a peek.

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:00 pm

Lord Grey II wrote:NSG has changed. I dunno if it's because of the move from jolt, or if that's just when I realized it, but there's a lot less good humor running about.

Wtf are you talking about :evil: I'm very good humoured. And if you disagree, I'm calling the mods. Grrr.

Also, I never thought I'd miss the fluffle smilie. And yet... :<

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:03 pm

Czardas wrote:

Wtf are you talking about :evil: I'm very good humoured. And if you disagree, I'm calling the mods. Grrr.

Also, I never thought I'd miss the fluffle smilie. And yet... :<

:hug:
still here just changed it's appearence.

Lord Grey II
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Grey II » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Czardas wrote:Also, I never thought I'd miss the fluffle smilie. And yet... :<

I don't want to be fluffled by anyone, not even by you Czardas.
Waits to be fluffled by everyone that thinks they have a sense of humor.
No offense to anyone. :p

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:19 pm

Lord Grey II wrote:
Czardas wrote:Also, I never thought I'd miss the fluffle smilie. And yet... :<

I don't want to be fluffled by anyone, not even by you Czardas.

What. You don't love me? :(

... Well, we'll have to change that. *hooks Lord Grey II up to the pain machine*

Lord Grey II
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Grey II » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Czardas wrote:What. You don't love me? :(

... Well, we'll have to change that. *hooks Lord Grey II up to the pain machine*

Oh, I love thee Czardas, I just don't like the touching/hugging thing.

Now please don't turn on the pain machine... I've got this phobia of pain...

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:36 pm

Lord Grey II wrote:
Czardas wrote:What. You don't love me? :(

Oh, I love thee Czardas, I just don't like the touching/hugging thing.

Now please don't turn on the pain machine... I've got this phobia of pain...

You sound... familiar. Like someone I ought to know.

*considers*

were you ever not a lurker?

Lord Grey II
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Grey II » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:41 pm

Czardas wrote:You sound... familiar. Like someone I ought to know.

*considers*

were you ever not a lurker?

Including my post count from jolt, I have had a grand total of about 150 posts over the last 4-5 years (however long it's been). I'm happy that people sort of recognize me. Last time I bothered to actually log in and post, Smunkee recognized me. The time before that, LG did. And now you are this time! I dunno what I've done to gain recognition.

Maybe it's posting in every single "Lurkers Come Here!" thread that I've ever seen.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General