NATION

PASSWORD

Rush Limbaugh For Lord's Resistance Army

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Rush Limbaugh For Lord's Resistance Army

Postby Gauthier » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Limbaugh Defends Lord’s Resistance Army

Rush Limbaugh Supports the Terrorist Organization, the Lord's Resistance Army

Rush Limbaugh Hearts Terrorists… As Long As They’re Christians

In response to Obama proposing sending troops to Africa to help catch the Lord's Resistance Army, the GOP's true leader went on a rant about how this was all part of Obama's agenda to help kill Christians by hunting down a group that defends Christians in Africa.

This is a shining example of what TVTropes warned people about.

The LRA is just as vicious bastards as any Islamist terror group but Limblob apparently thinks fine to kill civilians and commit atrocities as long as you do it the name of the Lord rather than Allah.

Of course Dittoheads and the right wing as a whole will either pretend this did not happen or even defend El Rusho's brilliant geopolitical analysis.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Yeah he's an awful prick, and the LRA are so far from cool.
Technically a Polanski.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:50 pm

Talking head doesn't know what he's talking about.

News at 11.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

The Myr Collective
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Myr Collective » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Like alot of Christian Conservatives, he believes he's fighting a crusade against Islam, every bit as literally as when Europe did in the Middle Ages. This comes as no surprise.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Galloism wrote:Talking head doesn't know what he's talking about.

News at 11.

That's not the point. It's highlighting Republican hypocrisy since people have short attention spans.

If, let's say for example, Keith Olbermann hypothetically did not do research on Al'Qaeda and protested sending American military assets after them on grounds that it's a plot to Kill All Muslims. What do you think the reaction on the Right would be?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Nansurium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nansurium » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:53 pm

Can you please provide the complete audio of his statements.

I am willing to bet that they were, at the least, taken out of context.
Political Party: Republican (moderate) Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -0.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

"And the Tea Party Hobbits can return to Middle-Earth having defeated Mordor" -John McCain

Global and Comparative Studies Major at Birmingham-Southern College

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:55 pm

News at 11.

*Nods*

Media personel doesn't do basic research.

Film at 11.
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:55 pm

Gauthier wrote:

News at 11.

That's not the point. It's highlighting Republican hypocrisy since people have short attention spans.

If, let's say for example, Keith Olbermann hypothetically did not do research on Al'Qaeda and protested sending American military assets after them on grounds that it's a plot to Kill All Muslims. What do you think the reaction on the Right would be?

Scream and yell for a week or two, promptly forget all about it, and focus on the kind of mustard Obama uses?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Galloism wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Scream and yell for a week or two, promptly forget all about it, and focus on the kind of mustard Obama uses?

Exactly. But since it's one of their own making such a blowhard defense they'll let it pass.

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:57 pm

Galloism wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

old news.

:lol:

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Galloism wrote:Scream and yell for a week or two, promptly forget all about it, and focus on the kind of mustard Obama uses?

Exactly. But since it's one of their own making such a blowhard defense they'll let it pass.

/shrug

All sides give their respective blowhards a pass.

"He might be an asshole, but he's OUR asshole."

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:00 pm

Oh dear.
This was formerly a signature. One day, it may return to its splendid past. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of my cats.

Nansurium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nansurium » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:06 pm

Wow. What a surprise! I was right. Despite the ignores I got from you all, I managed to find the transcript of that entire segment. I am going to post all of it here so there won't be any confusion about the meaning behind Mr. Limbaugh's statements.

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: President Obama has deployed troops to another war, in Africa, ladies and gentlemen. Jacob Tapper, ABC News, is reporting that Obama has sent 100 US troops to Uganda to help combat Lord's Resistance Army. Tapper reporting today: "Two days ago President Obama authorized the deployment to Uganda of approximately 100 combat-equipped U.S. forces to help regional forces 'remove from the battlefield' -- meaning capture or kill -- Lord’s Resistance Army leader Joseph Kony and senior leaders of the LRA." I wonder how the Wall Street crowd is gonna react when they find out that Obama has sent troops to another war? "Mr. Limbaugh, it's just 100 peacekeepers." Yep, yep, yep, that's how Libya started, and, by the way, there's no end in sight for Libya.

"The forces will deploy beginning with a small group and grow over the next month to 100. They will ultimately go to Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo." A hundred people are gonna go to all those places? "The president made this announcement in a letter to House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, Friday afternoon, saying that 'deploying these U.S. Armed Forces furthers U.S. national security interests and foreign policy and will be a significant contribution toward counter-LRA efforts in central Africa.'" LRA is Lord's Resistance Army. And it doesn't mean God's resistance army. Lord is some Lord, some guy. A "Defense Department official tells ABC’s Luis Martinez at the Pentagon that the U.S. troops will be in Africa 'for a few months in an advisory role.'" One hundred troops in an advisory role.

So nothing to worry about here, folks, only gonna be for a few months. Now, up until today, most Americans have never heard of the combat Lord's Resistance Army. And here we are at war with them. Have you ever heard of Lord's Resistance Army, Dawn? How about you, Brian? Snerdley, have you? You never heard of Lord's Resistance Army? Well, proves my contention, most Americans have never heard of it, and here we are at war with them. Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. It means God. I was only kidding. Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them. That's what the lingo means, "to help regional forces remove from the battlefield," meaning capture or kill.

So that's a new war, a hundred troops to wipe out Christians in Sudan, Uganda, and -- (interruption) no, I'm not kidding. Jacob Tapper just reported it. Now, are we gonna help the Egyptians wipe out the Christians? Wouldn't you say that we are? I mean the Coptic Christians are being wiped out, but it wasn't just Obama that supported that. The conservative intelligentsia thought it was an outbreak of democracy. Now they've done a 180 on that, but they forgot that they supported it in the first place. Now they're criticizing it.

Lord's Resistance Army objectives. I have them here. "To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people." Now, again Lord's Resistance Army is who Obama sent troops to help nations wipe out. The objectives of the Lord's Resistance Army, what they're trying to accomplish with their military action in these countries is the following: "To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people; to fight for the immediate restoration of the competitive multiparty democracy in Uganda; to see an end to gross violation of human rights and dignity of Ugandans; to ensure the restoration of peace and security in Uganda, to ensure unity, sovereignty, and economic prosperity beneficial to all Ugandans, and to bring to an end the repressive policy of deliberate marginalization of groups of people who may not agree with the LRA ideology." Those are the objectives of the group that we are fighting, or who are being fought and we are joining in the effort to remove them from the battlefield.

The government of Uganda claims that Lord's Resistance Army only has 500 or a thousand soldiers in total. So what's the threat? If that's the maximum size of their army, what's the threat? A thousand soldiers? Now, 1100 soldiers because we have sent a hundred. I'm not making this up. This is Jacob Tapper. ABC News had reported that Obama got a letter off to John Boehner a couple days ago announcing this. It's just for a few months until the Lord's Resistance Army is eradicated. That's all. Just a few months. Not much of a threat.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here's Mike in Youngsville, North Carolina. Welcome to the EIB Network. Hello.

CALLER: Rush, this is Mike. How you doing?

RUSH: Very well, sir. Thank you.

CALLER: Let me just say thank you so much for your dedication and teaching the principles and the truths of current events today, and I'm a longtime listener, first-time caller.

RUSH: Thank you, sir, very much. I sincerely appreciate it.

CALLER: Yeah, I told Snerdley I want to get to my point quickly --

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: -- but just the difference between the Tea Party and the occupation (sic) Wall Street crowd, and that is that, you know, I'm gonna be 60 years old this year in just a few weeks.

RUSH: You don't sound that old.

CALLER: Yeah, I'm gonna be 60 and I've got four children, 32, 30, 29, and 27. I just thank God for this country. I thank God for all the military people that are listening right now serving our country presently and in the past. My parents, both my mum and dad served in World War II. They met on a blind date, my dad passed away in 2003, they would have been married 65 years this year.

RUSH: Whoa. That's something I can't even imagine.

CALLER: Yeah. And, Rush, you know what? I went to a Tea Party rally in Raleigh last year, and the clientele of people that were there were older, you know, I was 59 at the time, and there were a lot of people my age, there were a lot of people right up until that World War II generation that had served. They were polite; they were kind; they were orderly; they were clean. I mean, we left the capitol and you coulda eaten off the ground.

RUSH: Yeah, I know.

CALLER: Yeah. And, you know, Rush, I grew up, I was privileged and my parents sent me to a parochial school. And, you know, this ADD that they talk about, you know, people say ADD, ADD, everybody ADHD, whatever.

CALLER: You know what I call that? ADD?

RUSH: Being a kid.

CALLER: Yeah. Absence of discipline disorder.

RUSH: Well.

CALLER: That's what it is.

RUSH: I like it.

CALLER: I had it when I was young. But the nuns beat it out of me in about two weeks, along with all the other kids that were unruly in the class. And we were taught to be obedient. We were taught to respect our elders. Rush, I went to high school when you did. I had to wear a suit coat and tie at a public school and have my hair cropped so it didn't go over the collar and didn't go over the ears, and these kids today, I've seen it for 30 years since I started having children of my own, and my wife and I would take our kids out to public restaurants and public places, and we made our children obey, we made them, they knew --

RUSH: Well, you know, that's the old days. Now parents want to be friends.

CALLER: Yeah, they want to be their friends.

CALLER: They want to be their friends and this is the result of it. We have these kids that think they're entitled to everything, you know, and we've seen it for 30 years. To this day, you go into any shopping center or store or restaurant and these young children are so unruly, they're crying, they're screaming, and it just reminds me, I knew there was gonna be a payback, and this is it, this is the payback --

RUSH: You knew there was -- (laughing)

CALLER: This is it. We're seeing it.

RUSH: Well, there is a lot of spoiled bratness --

CALLER: Yes, exactly.

RUSH: -- no question. How do you feel about the news? I want to go back, your extensive military background, how do you react to the news that Obama has dispatched a hundred soldiers to fight radical Christians in Africa?

CALLER: That's amazing. I can't believe he's doing that.

RUSH: You can't?

CALLER: You know, Rush, our parents, my mum and dad both served in World War II. I forget how many million soldiers that we sent overseas, and we lost 450,000 lives in 44 months, you know. And they came back, they didn't complain, they went, they served their country, we kept our freedom, we freed all those people that were in those camps of many nationalities --

RUSH: There's no question that times are different, and child rearing has changed. Not everywhere, though. Anyway, Mike, I'm grateful you're in the audience. I'm glad you called. Thanks very much.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: On sending the soldiers to fight the Christians in Africa, here is how Obama ends his letter to John Boehner justifying sending troops to Uganda: "I have directed this deployment, which is in the national security and foreign policy interests of the United States, pursuant to my constitutional authority to conduct US foreign relations and as commander-in-chief and chief executive." Would somebody explain to me what you think our "national security interests" are in Uganda. Now, keep in mind, folks, this is the same Barack Obama who said that we had no national security interests in attacking Iraq. After they were shooting at our planes and trying to kill our president and Allah knows what else, Obama said, "We got no national security interests in Iraq! They don't threaten us! What are we doing?" We've got 500 to a thousand soldiers in the Lord's Resistance Army and Uganda trying to wipe them out, and we're sending a hundred soldiers to help them.

Vital national interests are at stake, according to Obama.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I wonder when the Nobel Committee is gonna call Obama and ask for the Peace Prize back. You think this is what they had in mind when he got the Peace Prize? Remember, he got that prize on the come. He hadn't done anything for peace, and since then, how many wars are we in now, five? And he hasn't gotten us out of any of these wars? I know, isn't gonna happen.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

Is that right? The Lord's Resistance Army is being accused of really bad stuff? Child kidnapping, torture, murder, that kind of stuff? Well, we just found out about this today. We're gonna do, of course, our due diligence research on it. But nevertheless we got a hundred troops being sent over there to fight these guys -- and they claim to be Christians.

END TRANSCRIPT

As you can see, Limbaugh's complaint isn't that Obama has sent 100 soldiers into Africa to kill "Christians." Its that he has involved the US military in another foreign entanglement. The distortions employed by the New York Times and Huffington Post never cease to amaze me.
Political Party: Republican (moderate) Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -0.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

"And the Tea Party Hobbits can return to Middle-Earth having defeated Mordor" -John McCain

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:13 pm

He's mixing the two, and the distortion is as much his as it is theirs.
Technically a Polanski.

Naurobia
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Naurobia » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:13 pm

This doesn't surprise me one bit. Conservatives will always spout out their hate and lies no matter what. I am starting to think that the entire conservative movement should be classified as a hate group.
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

Nansurium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nansurium » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Yootwopia wrote:He's mixing the two, and the distortion is as much his as it is theirs.

Perhaps, but Rush has a nasty habit of employing satire in his radio show. The media has a nasty habit of taking his satire seriously.

Nansurium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nansurium » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Naurobia wrote:This doesn't surprise me one bit. Conservatives will always spout out their hate and lies no matter what. I am starting to think that the entire conservative movement should be classified as a hate group.

I love how anti-free speech that is.

Mount Shavano
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Mount Shavano » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Nansurium wrote:Can you please provide the complete audio of his statements.

I am willing to bet that they were, at the least, taken out of context.

safest bet in the history of man

well, not really, but it's close
The Federation of Mount Shavano
Consul Morgan Dawson
Capital : San Angelo
The Cowboy Angel Rides

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Nansurium wrote:
Yootwopia wrote:He's mixing the two, and the distortion is as much his as it is theirs.

Perhaps, but Rush has a nasty habit of employing satire in his radio show. The media has a nasty habit of taking his satire seriously.

Aye well I don't listen to his show myself, due to being based in the UK and radio generally not being my scene, so I wouldn't know about how much satire is in it - but stating anything like "we shouldn't go in there because it's unconstitutional / barely in our interests or whatever" and then following it up with "also they're Christians" is classic "let's link the ideas in your brain for you there, public" type malarkey.
Technically a Polanski.

Nansurium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nansurium » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Yootwopia wrote:
Nansurium wrote:

Aye well I don't listen to his show myself, due to being based in the UK and radio generally not being my scene, so I wouldn't know about how much satire is in it - but stating anything like "we shouldn't go in there because it's unconstitutional / barely in our interests or whatever" and then following it up with "also they're Christians" is classic "let's link the ideas in your brain for you there, public" type malarkey.

I can usually tell with Rush, I just need to hear his voice. So if there are any Rush 24/7 (:P) subscribers out there in NationStates land, I need you!

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:28 pm

Nansurium wrote:Wow. What a surprise! I was right. Despite the ignores I got from you all, I managed to find the transcript of that entire segment. I am going to post all of it here so there won't be any confusion about the meaning behind Mr. Limbaugh's statements.

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: President Obama has deployed troops to another war, in Africa, ladies and gentlemen. Jacob Tapper, ABC News, is reporting that Obama has sent 100 US troops to Uganda to help combat Lord's Resistance Army. Tapper reporting today: "Two days ago President Obama authorized the deployment to Uganda of approximately 100 combat-equipped U.S. forces to help regional forces 'remove from the battlefield' -- meaning capture or kill -- Lord’s Resistance Army leader Joseph Kony and senior leaders of the LRA." I wonder how the Wall Street crowd is gonna react when they find out that Obama has sent troops to another war? "Mr. Limbaugh, it's just 100 peacekeepers." Yep, yep, yep, that's how Libya started, and, by the way, there's no end in sight for Libya.

"The forces will deploy beginning with a small group and grow over the next month to 100. They will ultimately go to Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo." A hundred people are gonna go to all those places? "The president made this announcement in a letter to House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, Friday afternoon, saying that 'deploying these U.S. Armed Forces furthers U.S. national security interests and foreign policy and will be a significant contribution toward counter-LRA efforts in central Africa.'" LRA is Lord's Resistance Army. And it doesn't mean God's resistance army. Lord is some Lord, some guy. A "Defense Department official tells ABC’s Luis Martinez at the Pentagon that the U.S. troops will be in Africa 'for a few months in an advisory role.'" One hundred troops in an advisory role.

So nothing to worry about here, folks, only gonna be for a few months. Now, up until today, most Americans have never heard of the combat Lord's Resistance Army. And here we are at war with them. Have you ever heard of Lord's Resistance Army, Dawn? How about you, Brian? Snerdley, have you? You never heard of Lord's Resistance Army? Well, proves my contention, most Americans have never heard of it, and here we are at war with them. Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. It means God. I was only kidding. Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them. That's what the lingo means, "to help regional forces remove from the battlefield," meaning capture or kill.

So that's a new war, a hundred troops to wipe out Christians in Sudan, Uganda, and -- (interruption) no, I'm not kidding. Jacob Tapper just reported it. Now, are we gonna help the Egyptians wipe out the Christians? Wouldn't you say that we are? I mean the Coptic Christians are being wiped out, but it wasn't just Obama that supported that. The conservative intelligentsia thought it was an outbreak of democracy. Now they've done a 180 on that, but they forgot that they supported it in the first place. Now they're criticizing it.

Lord's Resistance Army objectives. I have them here. "To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people." Now, again Lord's Resistance Army is who Obama sent troops to help nations wipe out. The objectives of the Lord's Resistance Army, what they're trying to accomplish with their military action in these countries is the following: "To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people; to fight for the immediate restoration of the competitive multiparty democracy in Uganda; to see an end to gross violation of human rights and dignity of Ugandans; to ensure the restoration of peace and security in Uganda, to ensure unity, sovereignty, and economic prosperity beneficial to all Ugandans, and to bring to an end the repressive policy of deliberate marginalization of groups of people who may not agree with the LRA ideology." Those are the objectives of the group that we are fighting, or who are being fought and we are joining in the effort to remove them from the battlefield.

The government of Uganda claims that Lord's Resistance Army only has 500 or a thousand soldiers in total. So what's the threat? If that's the maximum size of their army, what's the threat? A thousand soldiers? Now, 1100 soldiers because we have sent a hundred. I'm not making this up. This is Jacob Tapper. ABC News had reported that Obama got a letter off to John Boehner a couple days ago announcing this. It's just for a few months until the Lord's Resistance Army is eradicated. That's all. Just a few months. Not much of a threat.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here's Mike in Youngsville, North Carolina. Welcome to the EIB Network. Hello.

CALLER: Let me just say thank you so much for your dedication and teaching the principles and the truths of current events today, and I'm a longtime listener, first-time caller.

CALLER: -- but just the difference between the Tea Party and the occupation (sic) Wall Street crowd, and that is that, you know, I'm gonna be 60 years old this year in just a few weeks.

CALLER: Yeah, I'm gonna be 60 and I've got four children, 32, 30, 29, and 27. I just thank God for this country. I thank God for all the military people that are listening right now serving our country presently and in the past. My parents, both my mum and dad served in World War II. They met on a blind date, my dad passed away in 2003, they would have been married 65 years this year.

CALLER: Yeah. And, Rush, you know what? I went to a Tea Party rally in Raleigh last year, and the clientele of people that were there were older, you know, I was 59 at the time, and there were a lot of people my age, there were a lot of people right up until that World War II generation that had served. They were polite; they were kind; they were orderly; they were clean. I mean, we left the capitol and you coulda eaten off the ground.

CALLER: Yeah. And, you know, Rush, I grew up, I was privileged and my parents sent me to a parochial school. And, you know, this ADD that they talk about, you know, people say ADD, ADD, everybody ADHD, whatever.

CALLER: I had it when I was young. But the nuns beat it out of me in about two weeks, along with all the other kids that were unruly in the class. And we were taught to be obedient. We were taught to respect our elders. Rush, I went to high school when you did. I had to wear a suit coat and tie at a public school and have my hair cropped so it didn't go over the collar and didn't go over the ears, and these kids today, I've seen it for 30 years since I started having children of my own, and my wife and I would take our kids out to public restaurants and public places, and we made our children obey, we made them, they knew --

CALLER: They want to be their friends and this is the result of it. We have these kids that think they're entitled to everything, you know, and we've seen it for 30 years. To this day, you go into any shopping center or store or restaurant and these young children are so unruly, they're crying, they're screaming, and it just reminds me, I knew there was gonna be a payback, and this is it, this is the payback --

RUSH: -- no question. How do you feel about the news? I want to go back, your extensive military background, how do you react to the news that Obama has dispatched a hundred soldiers to fight radical Christians in Africa?

CALLER: You know, Rush, our parents, my mum and dad both served in World War II. I forget how many million soldiers that we sent overseas, and we lost 450,000 lives in 44 months, you know. And they came back, they didn't complain, they went, they served their country, we kept our freedom, we freed all those people that were in those camps of many nationalities --

RUSH: There's no question that times are different, and child rearing has changed. Not everywhere, though. Anyway, Mike, I'm grateful you're in the audience. I'm glad you called. Thanks very much.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: On sending the soldiers to fight the Christians in Africa, here is how Obama ends his letter to John Boehner justifying sending troops to Uganda: "I have directed this deployment, which is in the national security and foreign policy interests of the United States, pursuant to my constitutional authority to conduct US foreign relations and as commander-in-chief and chief executive." Would somebody explain to me what you think our "national security interests" are in Uganda. Now, keep in mind, folks, this is the same Barack Obama who said that we had no national security interests in attacking Iraq. After they were shooting at our planes and trying to kill our president and Allah knows what else, Obama said, "We got no national security interests in Iraq! They don't threaten us! What are we doing?" We've got 500 to a thousand soldiers in the Lord's Resistance Army and Uganda trying to wipe them out, and we're sending a hundred soldiers to help them.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I wonder when the Nobel Committee is gonna call Obama and ask for the Peace Prize back. You think this is what they had in mind when he got the Peace Prize? Remember, he got that prize on the come. He hadn't done anything for peace, and since then, how many wars are we in now, five? And he hasn't gotten us out of any of these wars? I know, isn't gonna happen.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

Is that right? The Lord's Resistance Army is being accused of really bad stuff? Child kidnapping, torture, murder, that kind of stuff? Well, we just found out about this today. We're gonna do, of course, our due diligence research on it. But nevertheless we got a hundred troops being sent over there to fight these guys -- and they claim to be Christians.

END TRANSCRIPT

As you can see, Limbaugh's complaint isn't that Obama has sent 100 soldiers into Africa to kill "Christians." Its that he has involved the US military in another foreign entanglement. The distortions employed by the New York Times and Huffington Post never cease to amaze me.

considering that the accusations of what the LRA were mentioned almost as an afterthought... I'm gonna go with that Rush's intent was to rile people up that the LRA are christians fighting for rights and democracy.

The Myr Collective
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Myr Collective » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Yootwopia wrote:
Nansurium wrote:

If it is satire, it's not very good. Further, I and everyone I know who listens to his show generally can't tell, any argument about what he's saying generally falls along an agree/disagree line on what he's saying. I've never heard anybody argue he was being satirical in one of his shows.

Now, I would agree that going in there is unconstitutional/barely in our interests(I would argue, not at all), but to say that it's bad because our military is "fighting Christians!" is bullshit, and I would also agree it's an attempt to link the two ideas in people's minds.

Novaya Tselinoyarsk
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Novaya Tselinoyarsk » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Yeah, he just wants to kill those Christians who aren't really Christians.

Damn him.
Proletariacka Rzeczpospolita Nowy Tselinoyarsk
Proletarskaya Respubliki Novaya Tselinoyarsk

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:43 pm

Simple while reading from the TPP Fb page this is why he supports them even thiugh he has no clue who they are.

the LRA is made up of Christians who kill Muslims, thus Obama sending troops to "kill" Christains.
just read these comments and you'll get it. http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=9 ... opic=31108
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:43 pm

Nansurium wrote:Wow. What a surprise! I was right. Despite the ignores I got from you all, I managed to find the transcript of that entire segment. I am going to post all of it here so there won't be any confusion about the meaning behind Mr. Limbaugh's statements.

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

END TRANSCRIPT

Um, I'm sorry? That looks exactly like he's complaining about Obama going off to murder Christians.

"Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. It means God. I was only kidding. Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them."

CHRISTIANS. OBAMA HAS SENT TROOPS TO KILL CHRISTIANS. GOOD LOVELY CHRISTIANS WHO ARE FIGHTING THE MUSLIMS.

I mean why else would he mention it? Did you even read the transcript?

Nansurium wrote:Perhaps, but Rush has a nasty habit of employing satire in his radio show.

Pretty sure he doesn't.
"Twats love flags." - Yootopia

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General