NATION

PASSWORD

Why are People Homophobic?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Biop
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Why are People Homophobic?

Postby Biop » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:14 pm

Seeing as how my last one was locked here we go again.
-
My Pisitin is that All People are open to their openion, But why do people hate LGB is what i want to know?

[modedit]An example of a better way to start this thread would be:

"Why are some people violently opposed to homosexuality? It doesn't seem to make sense when other people's sexual interests/orientation really doesn't concern anyone but those involved. I believe that all people are entitled to their opinions about what is and is not their preference, but why would anyone hate lesbians, gays or bisexuals?"[/edit]
Last edited by Katganistan on Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FORANGES

Scalie, Proud, Dangerous

Terintania

Oh god....Hopefully that waits for a while:P

Oh Christ seeing Cole cause this much, Hudson will kill us.

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Expect similar content this time...
Technically a Polanski.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Skipping my original line of reasoning which I'm sure isn't the interest of the OP. I'll go with the standard, Religious/Cultural indoctrination, and closet Homosexuality themselves.

Faolinn
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Faolinn » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Because it is different and there was a time when many of your children could be expected to die and to make sure the tribe survived you needed people to breed.Anything counter to this could be seen as a threat.
"And the Gods said down with tyrants and it was good."-Me
One of the religious left.
Research supports cynicism
My ideology.

I support: Deism, Evolution, Pro Choice, Feminism, Environmentalism, Communal Anarchism, Cosmopolitanism, Transcendentalism, Occultism, Anarcho Syndicalism, Mutualism, Legalizing Illegal substances, Sexual Freedom, LGBT Rights, Freedom of Speech

I oppose: Fascism, Objectivism, Determinism, Nihlism, Evangelism, Anarcho Capitalism, Atheism (militant), Conservatism, Monarchy, Totalitarianism,Might = Right, Timocracy, Plutocracy, Oligarchy, Materialism, Creationism, Transhumanism, Legalism, Nationalism, Imperialsm, Racism

I disagree with but have some respect for: Secular Humanism, Agnosticism

Mairuksta
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mairuksta » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:29 pm

In an attempt to hide their own homosexuality.

West andor
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby West andor » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:30 pm

I don't know why religion should be a factor. My pastor told me one of the best men/pastors he has ever met was gay.

Alkena
Civilian

Founded: Oct 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alkena » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Why are people gay?

Mairuksta
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mairuksta » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Alkena wrote:Why are people gay?

Why shouldn't people be gay?

Hallistar
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:31 pm

If I'm being sexually harassed by a gay guy (and it has happened before), I can turn deadly homophobic quickly.

Other than that, I have 1,000,000+ other things to worry about besides some guy banging another in the ass.

Valkmar
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Valkmar » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:32 pm

You cant make children with two males, its been that one for thousands upon thousands of year, and, it seems unnatural to have sex with the same gender.
Totalitarianism, fascism, militarism, pride, nationalism, consumerism, conformity, industry, humility, integrity, and isolationism.

"Curiosity is more alluring than danger is deterring." - Anonymous

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
QUILTBAG rights, religion, capitalism, democracy, and abortion.

Economic Left/Right: -0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.51

Puppetmaster and Kzar of Nationstates.
The Imperium of Valkmar
I really don't care.
Factbook

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Biologically there is good incentive for t to evolve, since homosexuals are exploiting a more effective reproductive strategy that you cannot, Natural selection would support the development of a bias against it among those that cannot use it. this or course on tells us why it developed in the first place not why it is still so prevalent.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Mairuksta
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mairuksta » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Hallistar wrote:If I'm being sexually harassed by a gay guy (and it has happened before), I can turn deadly homophobic quickly.

Other than that, I have 1,000,000+ other things to worry about besides some guy banging another in the ass.

I have experienced that same problem.

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Valkmar wrote:You cant make children with two males, its been that one for thousands upon thousands of year, and, it seems unnatural to have sex with the same gender.

Hey it's the homosexuals are unnatural argument!

Hey it's the part of the post where said argument is soundly rejected

Can't get much more natural than nature broski.
Last edited by -St George on Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Biop
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Biop » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:21 pm

Thank you much, Commence posting please
FORANGES

Scalie, Proud, Dangerous

Terintania

Oh god....Hopefully that waits for a while:P

Oh Christ seeing Cole cause this much, Hudson will kill us.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Gay people are scary.

They're like carneys.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

The Warrior Hearted
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Warrior Hearted » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Mairuksta wrote:
Hallistar wrote:If I'm being sexually harassed by a gay guy (and it has happened before), I can turn deadly homophobic quickly.

just kick them very hard in the nuts

it worked for me
I am me, the one and only. I am the whistling in the wind, the voice in your ear.

I am the eye in the sky, the knife in your back. I am always around, but do not fear. your time will come, as does all.

Beldonia
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beldonia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Because it's different and it makes them uncomfortable, I'd guess.

JJ Place
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby JJ Place » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:48 pm

People are taught fear, and manipulated into hatred and belief.
The price of cheese is eternal Vignotte.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:52 pm

some people are brainwashed, and/or enculturated to fear the unknown. but for the most part i'm pretty sure its a double whammy of ego and insecurity.
(many cite beliefs of course, but that's a which came first: "the belief or the insecurity?")
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Mairuksta
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mairuksta » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:01 pm

The Warrior Hearted wrote:
Mairuksta wrote:

just kick them very hard in the nuts

it worked for me

Unfortunately, it would probably be considered assault and battery as well as a hate crime, as kicking somebody who is homosexual obviously means I'm a homophobic bully who needs therapy.

Sarkhaan
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarkhaan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Countless reasons that are unrelated to this thread. Start a new one if you are curious.

Sarkhaan
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarkhaan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:03 pm

Why would ONE person harassing you make you hate and fear the entire group? Do you feel the same way if an unattractive girl persistently approaches you?

Wienholdland
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Wienholdland » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:03 pm

The Warrior Hearted
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Warrior Hearted » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Mairuksta wrote:
The Warrior Hearted wrote:just kick them very hard in the nuts

it worked for me

Unfortunately, it would probably be considered assault and battery as well as a hate crime, as kicking somebody who is homosexual obviously means I'm a homophobic bully who needs therapy.

and then you blackmail them with sexual harrassment and the charges suddenly disappear
I am me, the one and only. I am the whistling in the wind, the voice in your ear.

I am the eye in the sky, the knife in your back. I am always around, but do not fear. your time will come, as does all.

Natty Narwhal
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Natty Narwhal » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Sarkhaan wrote:

Countless reasons that are unrelated to this thread. Start a new one if you are curious.

"Curious" isn't exactly a good word to use in this thread. ;)
All the people I admire can fly -
Why can't I do that?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General