NATION

PASSWORD

Illegals stealing education

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What do you think about AB 131?

I think it should be passed, illegals should be given tax payer funds to take spots from citizens
51%
I think Governor Brown should veto it immediatly, it is wrong for tax payers to bear the burdern
49%

Total votes : 134

Fairdom and Freedom Land
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fairdom and Freedom Land » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:54 pm

Illegal (no such thing to ezist illegally imo) immigrants should receive an education too. They tend to be poor and disadvantaged. I do not see the problem with this bill.

Isolated China
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Fairdom and Freedom Land wrote:Illegal (no such thing to ezist illegally imo) immigrants should receive an education too. They tend to be poor and disadvantaged. I do not see the problem with this bill.

The problem people have, is that the state of California is dirt-poor, and its STILL giving away free money like it has the economy of Europe.
Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
- Lao Tzu
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
- Sun Tzu
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb
If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
- Chinese Proverb

Self-Declared Grammar Communist of the World
TG Box is open for discussing, help, or just flat-out conversation. Feel free to message me anytime!
Oh and I'm back.

Fairdom and Freedom Land
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fairdom and Freedom Land » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Isolated China wrote:
Fairdom and Freedom Land wrote:Illegal (no such thing to ezist illegally imo) immigrants should receive an education too. They tend to be poor and disadvantaged. I do not see the problem with this bill.

The problem people have, is that the state of California is dirt-poor, and its STILL giving away free money like it has the economy of Europe.

There is a simple solution: increase tax revenue.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:58 pm

California is beyond hope at this point, it's why I moved away from there when I was 8. It can rot for all I care, as a result of its leftist policies. I can see it ending up just like Detroit, Michigan. :D
Last edited by Saiwania on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:58 pm

Isolated China wrote:

Europe has an economy to speak of lately? :eyebrow:
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

Paragade
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Paragade » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:59 pm

Paragade wrote:If immigration laws were streamlined this illegal immigrants would be legal and they would be able to pay taxes. Yes there is a minimum tax bracket for those who make less than $8,500 per year so don't believe any bullshit that the Republicans try and pass off when they say "The poor don't pay their taxes."

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:00 am

Fairdom and Freedom Land wrote:
Isolated China wrote:The problem people have, is that the state of California is dirt-poor, and its STILL giving away free money like it has the economy of Europe.

Or an even simpler solution. Cut government spending.
Last edited by Coffee Cakes on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Fairdom and Freedom Land
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fairdom and Freedom Land » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:02 am

Coffee Cakes wrote:

That might hurt people, though.

Isolated China
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:03 am

Isolated China wrote:The problem people have, is that the state of California is dirt-poor, and its STILL giving away free money like it has the economy of Europe.

If they did that, it would mean increasing taxes. We ALL know what happens when someone increases taxes in America. They get voted out.

Coffee Cakes wrote:

Apparently the Euro surpassed the American Dollar sometime ago. Though maybe thats because some Islamic Terrorist didn't decide to bomb their massive trade center, killing 60000 people and making them go to the Middle East to shoot some people as revenge. But you know, that may be just me putting 2+2 together.
Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
- Lao Tzu
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
- Sun Tzu
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb
If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
- Chinese Proverb

TG Box is open for discussing, help, or just flat-out conversation. Feel free to message me anytime!
Oh and I'm back.

Paragade
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Paragade » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:05 am

Coffee Cakes wrote:

Or an even simpler solution. Cut governmetnt spending.

Cutting Government Spending would mean Government employees would be laid off meaning there would be higher unemployment. In my city the School District is the top employer and if they cut education a lot of people over here would be looking for work and education is already something that's vital. Increasing taxes on the rich doesn't affect personal incomes and even though income tax rates have been steadily dropping unemployment rates have been steadily rising even before the recession.

Pryssilvalia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pryssilvalia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:08 am

Look, illegal immigrants are there often to stay. They don't usually go back to their countries (otherwise, what's the point of running), and if given enough opportunity to succeed, they will stay forever. You didn't spend anything for them to grow up (which is often more costly than the money given away for scholarships, depending on how much welfare the state gives) - you are, in a sense, getting free bright students who will definitely pay back to society. And to complain that they are getting your jobs? My dear, they are brighter than you are, illegal or legal, they will take away "your" job - they take away your jobs because their intelligence are worthy, not because they are asking for cheap wages. To not support them is to waste precious resources (pardon my choice of words) - the money you gave away for scholarship is nothing comparing to the benefit the recipient will bring back to society.
Hughes Tyssia - High Commissioner of the Commonwealth of the Frankian Countries

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:09 am

Coffee Cakes wrote:

That might hurt people, though.

And raising taxes wouldn't? :eyebrow:
You mind passing me some of that kool-aid?

Isolated China wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:

Apparently the Euro surpassed the American Dollar sometime ago. Though maybe that's because some Islamic Terrorist didn't decide to bomb their massive trade center, killing 60000 people and making them go to the Middle East to shoot some people as revenge. But you know, that may be just me putting 2+2 together.

And getting 4 as your answer. Nice work. :hug:

Paragade wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:

Cutting Government Spending would mean Government employees would be laid off meaning there would be higher unemployment. In my city the School District is the top employer and if they cut education a lot of people over here would be looking for work and education is already something that's vital. Increasing taxes on the rich doesn't affect personal incomes and even though income tax rates have been steadily dropping unemployment rates have been steadily rising even before the recession.

Did I say WHERE to cut the spending?
I wouldn't advocate cutting education or public safety first, that's for sure.

But there's plenty of regulations AND do-nothing bureaucrats to enforce it...
There's at least a few million right there.

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:12 am

Wow those poll options aren't biased at ALLLL. :roll:

Isolated China
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:17 am

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Isolated China wrote:
Apparently the Euro surpassed the American Dollar sometime ago. Though maybe that's because some Islamic Terrorist didn't decide to bomb their massive trade center, killing 60000 people and making them go to the Middle East to shoot some people as revenge. But you know, that may be just me putting 2+2 together.

Yay! :hug:
Does that mean I can haz some fwied wice?
- Lao Tzu
- Sun Tzu
- Chinese Proverb
- Chinese Proverb

Oh and I'm back.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:20 am

Isolated China wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:

Yay! :hug:

Better.
You get an internet and a beer.

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:22 am

Euronion wrote:
What do you think?

As a self-proclaimed scientist, you should fully support this.

Euronion wrote:I am not ahiest, I beleive in Jesus and God, I believe that I can confess sins and that he will forgive me, but I am no die-hard christian who denies science, I am a scientist and I believe my beliefs bring me closer to God, I believe that sciene and religion are sides of the same coin.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:23 am

Euronion wrote:
Isolated China wrote:Well, they aren't stealing education. And I think its fine that they are going to educate illegals, but at the state's expense?
Now thats a different matter.

the only problem is that even if they are educated, once they exit college, they will still be illegals, and people who hire illegals as store clerks are going to face a lot less pressure on them to not hire illegals than hospitals hiring doctors that are illegals. Technically they aren't supposed to be working at all, but if you have them on high income jobs aka more important jobs means that they will be in more powerful positions and positions in which they can drastically influence people's lives, which means that it would be opening a sort of pandoras box of what to do next. How would US doctors feel when they are denied being hired because and illegal doctor beat them to it?

Who the fuck cares? Knowledge should be spread to everyone.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:24 am

Euronion wrote:
Allrule wrote:This.

Also biased poll for the lose.

if they are illegals and aren't even supposed to be here in the first place technically they are illegally taking spots in colleges which means they are stealing spots at the taxpayer's expense

As is covered every time a thread like this snakes out from under whichever rocks they hide under... illegal immigrants tend to pay taxes, and tend to take little or nothing back.

It's probably far more accurate to say that citizens are being educated at the expense of illegal immigrants.
I identify as
a problem

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:25 am

Coffee Cakes wrote:

How is that simpler?
I identify as
a problem

Isolated China
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:26 am

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Isolated China wrote:Yay! :hug:

Better.
You get an internet and a beer.

Can I trade teh internet for another beer? :)
- Lao Tzu
- Sun Tzu
- Chinese Proverb
- Chinese Proverb

Oh and I'm back.

Pryssilvalia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Pryssilvalia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:29 am

Euronion wrote:How would US doctors feel when they are denied being hired because and illegal doctor beat them to it?

Shame, perhaps? They can't beat those who have been given less opportunity, who have lived a worse life than they have? It is one thing that illegal doctors beat them because illegal doctors demand less wage, it is entirely another thing that they lost because they were simply not good enough.
Last edited by Pryssilvalia on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Paragade
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Paragade » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:31 am

Pryssilvalia wrote:
Euronion wrote:How would US doctors feel when they are denied being hired because and illegal doctor beat them to it?

Shame, perhaps? They can't beat those who have been given less opportunity, who have lived a worse life than they have? It is one thing that illegal doctors beat them because illegal doctors demand less wage, it is entirely another that they lost because they were simply not good enough.

If an illegal immigrant doctor was certified and had his med school degree proudly hanging on his office wall than I wouldn't mind having him as a doctor.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:31 am

Euronion wrote:Yhep, it happened again, In California in the form of the DREAM act otherwise known as AB 130 and AB 131. AB 130, which has already been signed into law, gives illegal immigrants the right to be given private scholarships from colleges, and AB 131, which is on Governor Jerry Brown's desk right now. AB 131 gives illegals state funding to attend UCs and USCs. The program is expected to cost around 40 million per year.

<snip>

I think this is just a sick and horrible idea, and I believe that we need the Federal government to intervene.

<snip>

What do you think?

I think it is none of the federal government's business what California does with state funds. If there is anyone the federal government wants to deport because they are in the country illegally, that is the federal government's business, but it is not their job to police California's state budget decisions.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:33 am

Euronion wrote:
Allrule wrote:This.

Also biased poll for the lose.

if they are illegals and aren't even supposed to be here in the first place technically they are illegally taking spots in colleges which means they are stealing spots at the taxpayer's expense

Anything for the advancement of education.

Pryssilvalia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Pryssilvalia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:33 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Euronion wrote:

As is covered every time a thread like this snakes out from under whichever rocks they hide under... illegal immigrants tend to pay taxes, and tend to take little or nothing back.

It's probably far more accurate to say that citizens are being educated at the expense of illegal immigrants.

I agree, when illegal immigrants demand welfare, they are given lips like this thread, but when they don't pay tax, off to jail they go.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General