Page 3 of 4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:00 pm
by Serrland
Yeah, he had a diction issue. Not a big deal. Like we all don't have little stutters or slip-ups every so often. Give me a break.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:04 pm
by You-Gi-Owe
Ashmoria wrote:lol

its funny but i wonder what word he was going to say before he caught himself. ju-nior leaguer? ju-ne bride? ju-welry salesman?

lol :)

"janitor". It would have been less like a Freudian slip if his word would have started with "ju".

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:05 pm
by The Rich Port
Ceannairceach wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:Hmm... I dunno. Is eye contact more important than what you're saying?

Some would say yes. If you don't look down to read your notes every five seconds, it gives makes you look confident to the masses, even if you are really looking at a teleprompter.


That's not very comforting. :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:08 pm
by Novaya Tselinoyarsk
You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:lol

its funny but i wonder what word he was going to say before he caught himself. ju-nior leaguer? ju-ne bride? ju-welry salesman?

lol :)

"janitor". It would have been less like a Freudian slip if his word would have started with "ju".


Seriously? Stop being all high and mighty, you're telling me you've never had a word slip up? EVER? You've NEVER heard of someone slipping on a word, never even known it existed? I call COMPLETE bullshit on your argument.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:14 pm
by New England and The Maritimes
Novaya Tselinoyarsk wrote:
You-Gi-Owe wrote:lol :)

"janitor". It would have been less like a Freudian slip if his word would have started with "ju".


Seriously? Stop being all high and mighty, you're telling me you've never had a word slip up? EVER? You've NEVER heard of someone slipping on a word, never even known it existed? I call COMPLETE bullshit on your argument.


The justification for this hounding of Obama lay through the looking glass into Tu Quoque fantasy land. You won't find logic in it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:27 pm
by Siorafrica
A YGO thread. Wonder how this one will turn out(!) Anyway obamaism.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:31 pm
by Greed and Death
Anonymous hacked his teleprompter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:37 pm
by Grave_n_idle
You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:lol

its funny but i wonder what word he was going to say before he caught himself. ju-nior leaguer? ju-ne bride? ju-welry salesman?

lol :)

"janitor". It would have been less like a Freudian slip if his word would have started with "ju".


Obviously, you're aware that doesn't make any sense?

We know what the scripted word was. It was 'janitor'. We know that, because he took another run at it, and got it right.

The point Ashmoria is obviously making, is that that's obviously not what he was saying BEFORE he stopped and started over. "Jupiter","junior"... "juror"... we don't know what word he almost said before he backtracked and corrected... BECAUSE he backtracked and corrected.

Please, enough with the tired partisan bullshit. We get it, you don't like him. But you don't have to crawl the rightwing fringe press looking for faked reasons to hate on him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:57 pm
by Dakini
Malgrave wrote:After watching the video I can only say. Grasping at straws much?

I agree.

And for anyone who doesn't want to click through pages of stupid to find it, here's the clip. Though if you want to avoid pages of stupid racists accusing Obama of being racist while insulting him because of his race, you might want to avoid the comments.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:01 pm
by Conserative Morality
It means Obama is secretly a Muslim.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:05 pm
by Genivaria
Did you run out of things to talk about You-Gi-Owe? Things that are actually important?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:30 pm
by Gravlen
Where's the "Oh God, give it a rest already!" option on the poll?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:38 pm
by Ashmoria
New World Order Redux wrote::lol: Obamabot invasion in three, two, one...
Freudian slip could also mean that the Prez might know something about the Jewish people that the average American doesn't know. Something that should be kept secret, something that could threaten life on planet earth as we know it, something that should never be uttered in public. What could that something be ???

ohmygod you mean something that you only learn the day you are sworn in as president?

something so seriously wrong that they have an invisible collar that chokes you when you start to spill the beans about jewish tax rates?

ohmygod we're doomed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:41 pm
by Ashmoria
Farnhamia wrote:
Sucrati wrote:
Please, if it was a Republican, this would be all over the news and the ACLU among other groups would be suing them.

If it were President Bush, it would just go into the bucket of silly things he said, and no one would really even notice.

but we'd still make fun of it.

just like we remember him choking on a pretzel and laugh at it even though everyone has swallowed a snack food wrong in their time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:46 pm
by You-Gi-Owe
Grave_n_idle wrote:
You-Gi-Owe wrote:lol :)

"janitor". It would have been less like a Freudian slip if his word would have started with "ju".


Obviously, you're aware that doesn't make any sense?

We know what the scripted word was. It was 'janitor'. We know that, because he took another run at it, and got it right.

The point Ashmoria is obviously making, is that that's obviously not what he was saying BEFORE he stopped and started over. "Jupiter","junior"... "juror"... we don't know what word he almost said before he backtracked and corrected... BECAUSE he backtracked and corrected.

Please, enough with the tired partisan bullshit. We get it, you don't like him. But you don't have to crawl the rightwing fringe press looking for faked reasons to hate on him.

LOL.

"We need billionaires to pay as much as Jupiters?"
"We need billionaires to pay as much as juniors?"
"We need billionaires to pay as much as jurors?"

Now you're being silly.

Hey, it might be a stutter. But I wonder if it isn't.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:49 pm
by Conserative Morality
You-Gi-Owe wrote:LOL.

"We need billionaires to pay as much as Jupiters?"
"We need billionaires to pay as much as juniors?"
"We need billionaires to pay as much as jurors?"

Now you're being silly.

Being silly for suggesting that Obama started to say something that may not have made sense, made a minor fuck-up of what it was when he got a look at the full line in the teleprompter, and corrected himself?

Really?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:51 pm
by Sane Outcasts
You-Gi-Owe wrote:Hey, it might be a stutter. But I wonder if it isn't.

Let me settle it for you: it meant nothing. He started into a word with the wrong syllable and corrected himself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:53 pm
by Sucrati
You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
Obviously, you're aware that doesn't make any sense?

We know what the scripted word was. It was 'janitor'. We know that, because he took another run at it, and got it right.

The point Ashmoria is obviously making, is that that's obviously not what he was saying BEFORE he stopped and started over. "Jupiter","junior"... "juror"... we don't know what word he almost said before he backtracked and corrected... BECAUSE he backtracked and corrected.

Please, enough with the tired partisan bullshit. We get it, you don't like him. But you don't have to crawl the rightwing fringe press looking for faked reasons to hate on him.

LOL.

"We need billionaires to pay as much as Jupiters?"
"We need billionaires to pay as much as juniors?"
"We need billionaires to pay as much as jurors?"

Now you're being silly.

Hey, it might be a stutter. But I wonder if it isn't.


Navy Corpsman could be a good Freudian slip -.-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:53 pm
by Ashmoria
You-Gi-Owe wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
Obviously, you're aware that doesn't make any sense?

We know what the scripted word was. It was 'janitor'. We know that, because he took another run at it, and got it right.

The point Ashmoria is obviously making, is that that's obviously not what he was saying BEFORE he stopped and started over. "Jupiter","junior"... "juror"... we don't know what word he almost said before he backtracked and corrected... BECAUSE he backtracked and corrected.

Please, enough with the tired partisan bullshit. We get it, you don't like him. But you don't have to crawl the rightwing fringe press looking for faked reasons to hate on him.

LOL.

"We need billionaires to pay as much as Jupiters?"
"We need billionaires to pay as much as juniors?"
"We need billionaires to pay as much as jurors?"

Now you're being silly.

Hey, it might be a stutter. But I wonder if it isn't.


well if you listen closely to the mistake you will hear that it end in a hard stop that would make it not possibly "jew" it could be "juke box vendors" but not "jews"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:59 pm
by The Black Forrest
I believe you are misunderestimating the situation. He is far too edumacated.

Seriously; grasping at straws much?

Oh third page. You will be gone before you read this.....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:09 pm
by Herskerstad
Either a huge slip-up on the teleprompter's front or a very big slip of the tongue.

All being said, Obama probably don't have anything against the Jews. He got pretty good support from them last time and it's looking to become a 50/50 during the next election. He's been caught between the Palestinian/Israeli UN conference for quite some time and it's easy to misplace things in racially-sensitive matters like that.

And no, I don't like Obama as a president one bit. I think he is a disaster, but pretty much every president slips up like that every now and then.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:17 pm
by Soxastan
A Freudian Slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:37 pm
by You-Gi-Owe
Soxastan wrote:A Freudian Slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.

:rofl: :bow: :rofl: :bow: :rofl: :bow:
Priceless!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:39 pm
by You-Gi-Owe
Ashmoria wrote:
You-Gi-Owe wrote:LOL.

"We need billionaires to pay as much as Jupiters?"
"We need billionaires to pay as much as juniors?"
"We need billionaires to pay as much as jurors?"

Now you're being silly.

Hey, it might be a stutter. But I wonder if it isn't.


well if you listen closely to the mistake you will hear that it end in a hard stop that would make it not possibly "jew" it could be "juke box vendors" but not "jews"

That's It!!!!

Have a good day, Ash! AFK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:43 pm
by Gravlen
The Black Forrest wrote:Seriously; grasping at straws much?

The straw grasping has gone on for almost two and a half years now, why quit when he's on a roll?