NATION

PASSWORD

How do you know you are gay

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:24 am

Bulgharia wrote:I don't know if homosexuality is mental illness, but zoophilia surely is.

And you have the proper education and degrees to make the judgement?

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Bulgharia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bulgharia » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:32 am

Let's say I do.

By the way:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.[3](Leviticus 20:13 KJV)

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.[

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:35 am

Bulgharia wrote:Let's say I do.

By the way:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.[3](Leviticus 20:13 KJV)

Where did you study?

Hm, its a good think most gay people don't have vaginas, and therefore can't like with mankind as they lie with womankind... I suppose womankind can lie with mankind as mankind lays with mankind, but that's not discussed in your book.

Not that its any basis for reality, that is. Try to not use children's horror stories as evidence next time.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Johz
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Johz » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:40 am

Well have you ever been entranced by a feather boa, and can you sing all the songs for more than eight musicals off by heart?
Always Ready (With a Cuppa): UDL
Praise [violet] for safe switching!

The Village of Johz - (Factbook)
Head of Foreign Affairs:
Mr Newman
Head of the Flower Rota: Mrs Figgis
Population: 269 (Johzians)
Sometime between when the "evolution is just a theory" nonesense dies out, and when Ashmoria starts using captitalization. - EnragedMaldivians
It's called a tangent. It tends to happen on NSG. - Olthar
[E]very Brit I've met on the internet has been violently apathetic. - Conserative Morality
This is Johz. I'd like to give him a hug someday. - Celly
See a mistake? Send me a telegram!|I would be very much indebted to you.
LINKS: My Website|Barryman|Gay Marriage: Who will be next?

#NSG on esper.net - Join us!
Also, bonobos zygons.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:46 am

"In the current version of the DSM (DSM-IV-TR), a paraphilia is not diagnosable as a psychiatric disorder unless it causes distress to the individual or harm to others. The DSM-5 draft adds a terminology distinction between the two cases, stating that "paraphilias are not ipso facto psychiatric disorders", and defining paraphilic disorder as "a paraphilia that causes distress or impairment to the individual or harm to others".[16] This will make a clear distinction between a healthy person with a non-normative sexual behavior and a person with a psychopathological non-normative sexual behavior."

From Wikipedia. I can verify this, as I have a copy of the DSM-IV-TR.

Silly goose.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

Norstal wrote:You are a hatiater: one who radiates hate.

Meryuma wrote:No one is more of a cat person than 1000 Cats!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.
Factbook/Q&A | RP | Conlang | Short Story

Bulgharia
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bulgharia » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:46 am

Ofcourse gays can lie with gays. They have anal / oral sex.

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:46 am

Bulgharia wrote:Ofcourse gays can lie with gays. They have anal / oral sex.

But not 'as you lie with a woman'. It's distinctly mechanically impossible.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Bulgharia
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bulgharia » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:52 am

Men have sex with women, gays have sex with gays. So, the quote is O.K.

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:54 am

Bulgharia wrote:Men have sex with women, gays have sex with gays. So, the quote is O.K.

But it's from the bible. All your quote proves is that Christianity does not approve of homosexuality. Nothing more. Since not everyone here is Christian, your quote is irrelevant.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:55 am

Bulgharia wrote:Men have sex with women, gays have sex with gays. So, the quote is O.K.

No, because the way a man has intercourse with a man is usually different from the "normal" intercourse between a man and a woman.

@}-;-'---

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:56 am

I don't suppose we can just collectively ignore this guy? He's already been banned once for proving that he is nowhere near capable of having an intelligent conversation online.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:57 am

By the way:

Leviticus is not relevant to the Christian faith.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:57 am

-St George wrote:

By the way:

Leviticus is not relevant to the Christian faith.

Its not relevant to anything, considering homosexual sex is different from heterosexual sex.

@}-;-'---

Bulgharia
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bulgharia » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:58 am

Surely.

Everyone condemns you, but you still go on.

What do you think about those gays who vanish their nails?

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:58 am

1000 Cats wrote:I don't suppose we can just collectively ignore this guy? He's already been banned once for proving that he is nowhere near capable of having an intelligent conversation online.

We could try, but it won't succeed. Some new person arrives and starts it off, and we're back where we began.

NSG: The World's Biggest Troll Soup Kitchen
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:59 am

Bulgharia wrote:Surely.

:eyebrow: No. Almost everyone agrees with us.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:00 am

Over half of America supports LGBT rights. You are wrong once more.

Assuming you mean varnish: I don't give a shit. I've done it, I can see the appeal.
Last edited by Ceannairceach on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

@}-;-'---

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:00 am

I applaud them. I'd say it would be quite the feat to make one's fingernails disappear.

Start here.
Last edited by 1000 Cats on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unchecked Expansion
Negotiator

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unchecked Expansion » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:02 am

Bulgharia wrote:What do you think about those gays who vanish their nails?

I wonder where their nails have gone

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:05 am

Unchecked Expansion wrote:
Bulgharia wrote:What do you think about those gays who vanish their nails?

I wonder where their nails have gone

:lol2: This.

Johz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Johz » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:23 am

By the way:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.(Leviticus 20:13 KJV)

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.

Firstly, that's the KJV. What the hell are you doing going around quoting the KJV at people? Is there any other way that you can make our shared faith as more pompous and condescending than by sharing the Word via the KJV? Try the NIV, which is extremely well translated, or the CEV, which obtains a fairly accurate translation but also strives for readability. Please.

Secondly, you are refering to Leviticus, and that's not allowed. Apparently. At least, according to those more knowledgeable about Christianity than me, including many Christians, Leviticus applies only to the Levite class in the Jewish faith. (Ever thought the Abrahamic tribes would make an awesome DnD expansion? No? Ah well...)

But the more important thing here is that the passage, along with all of the others that mention homosexuality, speak only of sexual acts. Tell me, as a heterosexual man, which I can only assume you are, do you define your life by who you have sex with? Is carnal gratification the sole purpose of your life? No. Indeed, I am sure you will find this is the same with gay people, if you bothered to meet some. Sex is merely an object of a fallen world - a 'tool', as it were, for making children. Thus it is natural that a God wishing for us to have a relationship with him would ensure that sexual acts are to be used for procreation, and, as Paul writes, so that we have some way of releasing pent-up sexual urges.

Where does this leave homosexuality? Quite clearly, homosexuals can make just as good parents as heterosexuals[1][2][3], but obviously they can't, as it were, biologically, well do the obvious and make babies themselves. (Well they can, but situations like that go outside the scope of this post.) Does that mean that all homosexuals are wrong? No, it merely means that they can't make babies. And we knew that already, right? So we suddenly have a situation where the one issue with gay people is that they can't partake in an activity where the sole aim is to make babies, which is itself a product of a fallen world. Indeed, in some ways, due to the fact that they cannot partake in our fallen world baby-making, one could consider them high than us. More holy, as it were.

But considering things like that is facietious, and thus solely confined to theology and philosophy degrees. What is more interesting now, is that we cannot fault homosexuality. Indeed, what is bad about not being able to make children? You can adopt later, you could choose to concentrate on your work, you've got more time to spend preaching the Good News, you might decide that you want to foster, which woul be a fantastic thing to do with you spare time. There's not much more life can throw at you after the suffering of the Christian far-right.

So, to conclude. Sex, both heterosexually and homosexually, is a product of a fallen world. Homosexuality is solely condemned as a sexual act, not a sexual orientation. Homosexuals are therefore equal in right to heterosexuals. And that the KJV is a poor choice of translation unless you're aiming for a poet's society, Leviticus doesn't apply to non-Levites, and the next DnD expansion should include segments of the tribes of Abraham.

Note, there are certain provisos to this, and people may notice that I've brushed over the fact that sex is rather enjoyable. Which is why I personally am unsure on the idea of homosexual sex for Paul's reasons of preventing infidelity and releasing tension. However, each homosexual person must decide the limits for themselves. What is unnacceptable is heterosexual Christians telling other people what to do with their lives in a manner that implies that their whole existance and sexuality is wrong.

EDIT: The other proviso is, of course, that the Christian religion is true. But between friends we can assume that, can we not?
Last edited by Johz on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Mr Newman
Sometime between when the "evolution is just a theory" nonesense dies out, and when Ashmoria starts using captitalization. - EnragedMaldivians
[E]very Brit I've met on the internet has been violently apathetic. - Conserative Morality

Also, bonobos zygons.

Johz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Johz » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:28 am

As a heterosexual male, I can tell you from experience that having your nails varnished is a really relaxing experience. Plus it makes your nails shiny. Is there anything not good about having shiny nails?

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Mr Newman

Also, bonobos zygons.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:28 am

Johz wrote:

As a heterosexual male, I can tell you from experience that having your nails varnished is a really relaxing experience. Plus it makes your nails shiny. Is there anything not good about having shiny nails?

It can blind you when the sun is out. *nod*

@}-;-'---

Bulgharia
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bulgharia » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:35 am

Excuse me, I meant polish their nails.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:37 am

Bulgharia wrote:Excuse me, I meant polish their nails.

Its not bad. Its an enjoyable experience, actually, and straight men have done it as well.

@}-;-'---

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General