NATION

PASSWORD

Last First (Insert Topic Name) Thread.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
King Arthur the Great
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Last First (Insert Topic Name) Thread.

Postby King Arthur the Great » Fri May 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Alright, I'm officially sick of it. I say no more first topics thread.

To that end, I'm officially heading off all further "first mention threads" right here.

If guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns.

Libertarianism FTW.

The Abortion debate.

The Capital Punishment debate.

Chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-ice-cream-and-key-lime pie is the greatest desert in the world. LG, you need to get working on that.

The Gay-Marriage debate.

Anything involving Romance/Lust/Love.

Politicians everywhere will screw up royally for our entertainment.

Everything Else: The answer is 42. This blanket statement covers everything not mentioned.

There. Either explicitly, or explicitly stated in that last bit, I have officially done the first mention on every topic ever. Now, can we please stop the "First (insert your particular topic, you baboon-whistler) Threads"?
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity - but keep an eye out for malice." -Hanlon's Razor.

"Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that actually do."

Benjamin Franklin's explanation of Liberty vs. Democracy:
Democracy: Two Wolves and a Sheep voting on 'What to Have for Dinner'. Liberty: a Well-Armed Sheep.

Vault 10
Minister

Founded: Sep 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: Last First (Insert Topic Name) Thread.

Postby Vault 10 » Fri May 01, 2009 12:24 pm

King Arthur the Great wrote:If guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns.

But if the outlaws are outgunned, will then only the guns have outlaws?
There is a line most people say they will never cross. It is usually something they have done long ago when they thought no one was watching.

King Arthur the Great
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King Arthur the Great » Fri May 01, 2009 12:56 pm

Vault 10 wrote:
King Arthur the Great wrote:If guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns.

But if the outlaws are outgunned, will then only the guns have outlaws?

The point was to mention the gun debate, and that quote is nicely symmetrical.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity - but keep an eye out for malice." -Hanlon's Razor.

"Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that actually do."

Democracy: Two Wolves and a Sheep voting on 'What to Have for Dinner'. Liberty: a Well-Armed Sheep.

Seraosha
Secretary

Founded: Sep 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Seraosha » Fri May 01, 2009 1:07 pm

King Arthur the Great wrote:Everything Else: The answer is 42. This blanket statement covers everything not mentioned.

Damn it. I was just about to make the First 'What's the answer to the life, the universe and everything?' Thread >.<

King Arthur the Great
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King Arthur the Great » Fri May 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Seraosha wrote:
King Arthur the Great wrote:Everything Else: The answer is 42. This blanket statement covers everything not mentioned.

Damn it. I was just about to make the First 'What's the answer to the life, the universe and everything?' Thread >.<

Why do you think I decided to make that the 'blanket issue' comment? I have clairvoyance.
Last edited by King Arthur the Great on Fri May 01, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jello Biafra
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jello Biafra » Fri May 01, 2009 1:39 pm

*goes to start 'the Second' threads*

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Fri May 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Goddammnit, I was about to start the same topic...

This forum is about as good as New Coke.

King Arthur the Great
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King Arthur the Great » Fri May 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Jello Biafra wrote:*goes to start 'the Second' threads*

I can do the "Last Second (Insert Topic) Thread" thread, you know.

Jello Biafra
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jello Biafra » Fri May 01, 2009 9:56 pm

King Arthur the Great wrote:
Jello Biafra wrote:*goes to start 'the Second' threads*

I can do the "Last Second (Insert Topic) Thread" thread, you know.

I foresee a "Last Three Million Two Hundred Seventeen Thousand Four Hundred Fifty-Fifth (Insert Topic) Thread".

New Kervoskia
Secretary

Founded: Feb 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby New Kervoskia » Fri May 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Well, then I claim the right to the First Repeat Gay-Abortion-2nd Amendment-Ron Paul thread.

Mor Rioghan
Secretary

Founded: May 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mor Rioghan » Sat May 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Thank you for posting.

It's really too bad, I was about to post a 'First First Threads Are Lame Thread.' Looks like you win the award. Seriously though, key lime pie? There are definitely better pies out there. Hopefully as time passes the new forum will become, y'know, serious. Nothing aganst quirkiness, but all the first threads are getting to me.
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.13

Brutanion
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Brutanion » Sat May 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Mor Rioghan wrote:Thank you for posting.

It's really too bad, I was about to post a 'First First Threads Are Lame Thread.' Looks like you win the award. Seriously though, key lime pie? There are definitely better pies out there. Hopefully as time passes the new forum will become, y'know, serious. Nothing aganst quirkiness, but all the first threads are getting to me.

Which would win in a fight between your dragon and King Arthur the Great's?

Mor Rioghan
Secretary

Founded: May 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mor Rioghan » Sat May 02, 2009 2:46 pm

Brutanion wrote:

Well, mine is established (Wales has been around for a while), but Arthur has more posts. So Arthur's. I know when to give in.
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.13

King Arthur the Great
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King Arthur the Great » Sat May 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Mor Rioghan wrote:
Brutanion wrote:

Well, mine is established (Wales has been around for a while), but Arthur has more posts. So Arthur's. I know when to give in.

No, I used to use the Welsh flag, seeing as how the legendary Arthur of Camelot was likely a Welshman. But since the new avatars are just our flags, I decided to update the image of the Pendragon for a more unique flag. Seriously, three days before this post, we both would have had Welsh dragons.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General