NATION

PASSWORD

Dear President Obama, DON'T RUN AGAIN.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should the President keep running for reelection?

Yes. He should keep running come hell or high water.
53%
No. He should ragequit because he has no chance in hell.
24%
I don't care who wins. I'm moving to Canada.
22%

Total votes : 197

Xanixi
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:21 pm

Sibirsky wrote:
Keronians wrote:Yes. Republicans are batshit insane.

Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are not batshit insane.

Obama on the other hand, is economically illiterate.

dude, you are so badass at explaining why the refuckers arent insane, and why Obama is economically illiterate. GREAT WORK.

(I just wanna point out the US Government almost shut down because the Refuckers didnt feel like handing out more money. This was probably because they're like "ooh, lets cut 32 billion dollars from what the country NEEDS, and put them into our pockets. How does that sound guys?" *grabs blunt* I think thats just a teensy bit borderline insane level 300. just a thought.)
Last edited by Xanixi on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Imperial Republic of Thedosia | Galactic Imperial Republic [FT]
DEFCON: [4]; Double Take
| Pop.: 508,191,116 | Area: 24.670.330 km2 | Demonym: Thedosian/Republic/Imperial |
| Military: 5,482,193 | GDP: US$32,842,135,458,524.96 | Lifespan: ~650 y/o |
Dr. Carl Sagan wrote:“They say astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
Most Astounding Fact
#AupaAtleti #ContigoHastaElFinal
American and Spanish

Lessnt
Senator

Founded: Jul 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:19 am

That is insane.
If he cannot get crap done in government he is no use to america.
I rather have someone who can actually get something moving in politics.
Obama has been forced into a corner and the main reason everyone voted for him was because people wanted a black pres.To be part of history.
All well and good till you actually need someone to lead and do something.
Too many people bought the brooklyn bridge by voting him in though.
Plenty of people still willing to buy it again lol.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:38 am

Lessnt wrote:

That is insane.
Obama has been forced into a corner and the main reason everyone voted for him was because people wanted a black pres.To be part of history.

The problem is, the "Something" is often times detrimental, useless, xenophobic, racist, and/or unconstitutional when it comes to the candidates currently running for the GOP.

Yes, I'd like Obama to actually "Get shit done", but that shit needs to be something worth doing.

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:41 am

Maurepas wrote:
Lessnt wrote:That is insane.

The problem is, the "Something" is often times detrimental, useless, xenophobic, racist, and/or unconstitutional when it comes to the candidates currently running for the GOP.

Yes, I'd like Obama to actually "Get shit done", but that shit needs to be something worth doing.

4 more years of being blocked....and nothing getting done....more division....sounds bad.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:43 am

Lessnt wrote:
Maurepas wrote:The problem is, the "Something" is often times detrimental, useless, xenophobic, racist, and/or unconstitutional when it comes to the candidates currently running for the GOP.

4 more years of being blocked....and nothing getting done....more division....sounds bad.

Rehashing Bush Policies, eliminating Social Programs, outright discrimination and segregation, etc., sound worse.

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:45 am

Maurepas wrote:
Lessnt wrote:4 more years of being blocked....and nothing getting done....more division....sounds bad.

Rehashing Bush Policies, eliminating Social Programs, outright discrimination and segregation, etc., sound worse.

Who do you really think will do that?
If the republicans win they will divide and you will find more moderate policies on the table.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:49 am

Lessnt wrote:
Maurepas wrote:Rehashing Bush Policies, eliminating Social Programs, outright discrimination and segregation, etc., sound worse.

If the republicans win they will divide and you will find more moderate policies on the table.

I doubt it. They're using the same economics advisors as Bush, so they'll rehash his policies(moreso than is being done already), all of them are on record as supporting "Cut, Cap, and Balance", a literal attack on Social Programas of all kinds, and many of them have signed pledges saying they'll fight to stop Gays from having equal rights.

And if they win, and have control of Congress, which seems all too likely, there's really no need to "moderate" any of those positions.

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:51 am

Maurepas wrote:
Lessnt wrote:Who do you really think will do that?

I doubt it. They're using the same economics advisors as Bush, so they'll rehash his policies(moreso than is being done already), all of them are on record as supporting "Cut, Cap, and Balance", a literal attack on Social Programas of all kinds, and many of them have signed pledges saying they'll fight to stop Gays from having equal rights.

And if they win, and have control of Congress, which seems all too likely, there's really no need to "moderate" any of those positions.

I think you believe all the propaganda too much.
Plenty of reasonable people there.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:52 am

Lessnt wrote:
Maurepas wrote:Rehashing Bush Policies, eliminating Social Programs, outright discrimination and segregation, etc., sound worse.

Oh no, we've heard this one before...like a...uh...man once said, "Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:53 am

Lessnt wrote:
Maurepas wrote:I doubt it. They're using the same economics advisors as Bush, so they'll rehash his policies(moreso than is being done already), all of them are on record as supporting "Cut, Cap, and Balance", a literal attack on Social Programas of all kinds, and many of them have signed pledges saying they'll fight to stop Gays from having equal rights.

I think you believe all the propaganda too much.

Those are Romney, Perry, and Bachmann, the Top Three. It's not propaganda if they're saying and doing it themselves.

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:54 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:

Oh no, we've heard this one before...like a...uh...man once said, "Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

I would say the same thing about Obama.

GeneralHaNor
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby GeneralHaNor » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:54 am

Maurepas wrote:

Do you really expect any of them to keep their word?

All Politicians are crooks and liars, there are no exceptions, signing pledges (even horrid ones) is how you convince the gullible to vote for you (or really just vote, because the system is farcical sham)
Victorious Decepticons wrote:If they said "this is what you enjoy so do this" and handed me a stack of my favorite video games, then it'd be far different. But governments don't work that way. They'd hand me a dishrag...
And I'd hand them an insurgency.
Trotskylvania wrote:Don't kid yourself. The state is a violent, destructive institution of class dictatorship. The fact that the proles have bargained themselves the drippings from their master's plates doesn't legitimize the state.

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:56 am

Maurepas wrote:
Lessnt wrote:I think you believe all the propaganda too much.

Those are Romney, Perry, and Bachmann, the Top Three. It's not propaganda if they're saying and doing it themselves.

Eh....I think there are far more republicans with power.
AND!
You should not make assumptions about groups based on a minority.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:58 am

GeneralHaNor wrote:
Maurepas wrote:I doubt it. They're using the same economics advisors as Bush, so they'll rehash his policies(moreso than is being done already), all of them are on record as supporting "Cut, Cap, and Balance", a literal attack on Social Programas of all kinds, and many of them have signed pledges saying they'll fight to stop Gays from having equal rights.

All Politicians are crooks and liars, there are no exceptions, signing pledges (even horrid ones) is how you convince the gullible to vote for you (or really just vote, because the system is farcical sham)

So, let me get this straight...You're saying that I should vote for a guy who's telling me he's going to fuck me over, rather than the guy who isn't claiming he's going to fuck me over, because the former is probably lying?

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:59 am

Lessnt wrote:
Maurepas wrote:Those are Romney, Perry, and Bachmann, the Top Three. It's not propaganda if they're saying and doing it themselves.

Eh....I think there are far more republicans with power.
AND!

They're the frontrunners to the party! Who the hell are you supposed to base its policies on? Their janitor?

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:00 am

Maurepas wrote:
Lessnt wrote:Eh....I think there are far more republicans with power.
AND!

They're the frontrunners to the party! Who the hell are you supposed to base its policies on? Their janitor?

The majority.

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:02 am

Maurepas wrote:
GeneralHaNor wrote:

So, let me get this straight...You're saying that I should vote for a guy who's telling me he's going to fuck me over, rather than the guy who isn't claiming he's going to fuck me over, because the former is probably lying?

Obama promised many things.
Yet he has not gotten around to any of it.
Obama.....fool me once shame on you....fool me twice shame on me....

Will you believe the man telling you he will fix your problems?

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:02 am

Sibirsky wrote:

Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are not batshit insane.

Ron Paul has a medical degree and he believes in Creationism.

And I know you care more about economics than science...or anything really, but that's insanity.

Don't know about Gary Johnson though.

Lulz. I'm not voting presidents based on social science alone.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:05 am

Norstal wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are not batshit insane.

Ron Paul has a medical degree and he believes in Creationism.

And I know you care more about economics than science...or anything really, but that's insanity.

But we have religious scientists.

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:06 am

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
:roll: You doubt the academic strength of Texas.

A glaring 1.5 is hard to ignore. Especially in Animal Science.

PapaJacky
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby PapaJacky » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:06 am

New Manvir wrote:There's still more than a year until the next election, plenty can happen in that time. Also, the Republicans are a joke.

Basically the same here, I'd vote Obama just to not have to deal with neo-cons running the country again.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:07 am

Lessnt wrote:
Maurepas wrote:So, let me get this straight...You're saying that I should vote for a guy who's telling me he's going to fuck me over, rather than the guy who isn't claiming he's going to fuck me over, because the former is probably lying?

Obama promised many things.

I'm just saying there's a difference between the guy who says he's gonna help you pay the rent, and fails to do so, and the guy who's saying he doesn't think you should have a house at all, and is in fact actively campaigning to ensure it's going to be taken away.

I know that if I have a choice between the two, it's gotta be the former.

Lessnt
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:08 am

Maurepas wrote:
Lessnt wrote:Obama promised many things.

I'm just saying there's a difference between the guy who says he's gonna help you pay the rent, and fails to do so, and the guy who's saying he doesn't think you should have a house at all, and is in fact actively campaigning to ensure it's going to be taken away.

I think that is an unfair analogy.

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:10 am

Lessnt wrote:
Norstal wrote:Ron Paul has a medical degree and he believes in Creationism.

But we have religious scientists.

And? Is religion somehow incompatible with Evolution?

I don't trust a doctor who doesn't accept evolution, must as I don't trust a mechanic who thinks combustion engines doesn't exist.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:11 am

Lessnt wrote:
Maurepas wrote:I'm just saying there's a difference between the guy who says he's gonna help you pay the rent, and fails to do so, and the guy who's saying he doesn't think you should have a house at all, and is in fact actively campaigning to ensure it's going to be taken away.

I think that is an unfair analogy.

If you say so, I just know that, my sister, for example, is going to college and paying for it out of her own pocket on a minimum wage job. I had some hope of Obama helping both of us with paying for our college. He's failed to do anything to bring the costs down.

Now I'm really pissed off about that, but the Republican alternatives are saying that they want to take away minimum wage entirely.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General