NATION

PASSWORD

Question and opinions

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: Question and opinions

Postby Ryadn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:21 am

History land wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swl8frWSNEQ

Oh don`t worry I have more facts

Too bad there aren't private schools. Or schools you can run from your home! Those would kick public education's ass.
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Allbeama
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:22 am

Faux News and Bill O'Reilly most likely won't win arguments in this crowd, my friend. ;)
Agonarthis Terra, My Homeworld.
The Internet loves you. mah Factbook

Hope lies in the smouldering rubble of Empires.

History land
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:23 am

Allbeama wrote:
History land wrote:
excpet with the public school system private schools are too expensive. Also laws get in the way of homeschooling

Prove that homeschooling is in anyway prohibited. Private Schools are supposed to cost money, that's what private means. And also there are religious schools that one could send their children to. There are plenty of options now. And public schools are run by state governments so none of them are exactly the same as far as quality, curriculum, and performance are concerned because standards vary. I attended public schools and seem to have a far better grasp of grammar and spelling than you do for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q50vlWj9HIw&feature=channel_page

Proof Here
The Greater Americanian Air Force certainly had it's ass kicked
-Greater Americania during the war in Comaack

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=18687

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:23 am

I don't understand your point, I could point to any leader of a company with political beliefs.

I still don't see what your point is,
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Tech-gnosis
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 03, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Tech-gnosis » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:23 am

History land wrote: Laws against selling poison items are not regulations. .

The dictionary disagrees with this statement. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/regulation

Rights are Negative. They are suppose to be negative so you can provide for your self.

The enforcement of negative rights is a positive right.

History land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:23 am

Barringtonia wrote:

I don't understand your point, I could point to any leader of a company with political beliefs.

Have you ever heard of the phrase "you wash my back I`ll wash yours"

History land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:24 am

Tech-gnosis wrote:
History land wrote: Laws against selling poison items are not regulations. .

The dictionary disagrees with this statement. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/regulation

Rights are Negative. They are suppose to be negative so you can provide for your self.

The enforcement of negative rights is a positive right.

do you even know a negative right or a postive right is.

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:25 am

History land wrote:
Barringtonia wrote:I don't understand your point, I could point to any leader of a company with political beliefs.

Yes, have you ever heard the phrase 'tin-foil hat',

Are you saying only companies that supported Obama received bail-out money?

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:25 am

History land wrote:
Ryadn wrote:
History land wrote:Yes but teacher`s unions usally are mediocore since they are goverment controlled just like the schools. So therofre are to teach the same lesson the same way to every class.

I don't know why I'm surprised you know nothing about unions or teachers. It's obvious from your typing and general incoherence that you've never seen the inside of a classroom.

wrong agian I have been inside a classroom

Next time, try opening one of the books. Just for fun.
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:25 am

Laws do not get in the way of homeschooling and many private schools have scholarships for low income students such that even students that have parents are on minimum wage do afford them.

I know about the homeschooling because I never went to school past fifth grade. I home schooled myself and as soon as I was 16 (the age requirement for the collage I wanted to go to) I applied, took a test and was accepted. Two years later I graduated with an AAS, traveled Europe for a year then I went back to the US to go to a university. I then earned a degree in computer science with many published papers under my real name.

Now I own a successful company and provide for all my needs. Your claims about educational options are false and my REAL experiences counter them.

The things you claim here are not reflective of reality and the reason you can not understand that is you lack life experience. I recommend you go outside and get some life experience.
Last edited by Natapoc on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did you see a ghost?

History land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:25 am

Allbeama wrote:

Fox News and Bill O'Reilly are telling the truth, my friend. )
Last edited by History land on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:26 am

Barringtonia wrote:
History land wrote:
Barringtonia wrote:I don't understand your point, I could point to any leader of a company with political beliefs.

I'm part of a lynch mob! I can't wait to tell the other teachers, they'll be so excited.

History land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:26 am

Barringtonia wrote:
History land wrote:

GE who owned MSNBC recived Millions of Bail-out money

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:29 am

History land wrote:
Barringtonia wrote:
History land wrote:Have you ever heard of the phrase "you wash my back I`ll wash yours"

GE who owned MSNBC recived Millions of Bail-out money

So?

AIG which sponsors Manchester United received bail-out money,

What could that mean?

Ourobora
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ourobora » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:29 am

You do know that the bail outs were government intervention, and not free market economic policies at all, don't you?

Tech-gnosis
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 03, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Tech-gnosis » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:29 am

History land wrote:do you even know a negative right or a postive right is.

Yes I do. If rights are purely negative then no one is obligated to enforce them.

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:30 am

Oh my god, you guys, I think this one is for real! Check out some of the IC posts in his post history... I think I aimed too high when I guessed 14.

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:31 am

I mean, GE asked for the money back in November '08, when Bush was in power not Obama,

What is your point History land?

Allbeama
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:31 am

History land wrote:
Allbeama wrote:
History land wrote:
excpet with the public school system private schools are too expensive. Also laws get in the way of homeschooling

Prove that homeschooling is in anyway prohibited. Private Schools are supposed to cost money, that's what private means. And also there are religious schools that one could send their children to. There are plenty of options now. And public schools are run by state governments so none of them are exactly the same as far as quality, curriculum, and performance are concerned because standards vary. I attended public schools and seem to have a far better grasp of grammar and spelling than you do for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q50vlWj9HIw&feature=channel_page

Proof Here

1 state...o no suddenly everything you say is right to me! :roll:
California also banned gay marriage...do you think I agree with that one?
BTW I did go to public school...you know what I learned there? I learned to think critically and figure out things for myself based on what facts are available to me. I did not learn that my government loves me and that I should never ever question it. In fact I believe I must do my best to make it serve me and the people I call my compatriots.

Allbeama
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:33 am

History land wrote:
Allbeama wrote:

Fox News and Bill O'Reilly are telling the truth, my friend. )

Do not alter my quotes. :evil:

History land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:37 am

Well it looks Like I tried.

I tried to talk to you about Reason and Freedom.

But you decieds to stick with the opressive Collectivism and the end of freedom by supporting state schools and goverment regulations.

But since you wish to stick with this idea I will let you stray from reason and let you stick with the counter-productive and destructive thinking of govemrent regulations and state run schools and unions.

But there is only one thing left for me to do

http://alphaatlantis.blogspot.com/

This is my blog. Enjoy it I will update it regulary. But you won`t like it. I think I am alone here on nationstates. I am the only Objectivist the only one who supports freedom and reason.

But it`s the only thing I can do then farwell I will never bring up this subject agian since clearly I can not convince you all.
Last edited by History land on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ourobora
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ourobora » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:38 am

... and you didn't even *respond* to my super long post last page at all. Guess we all tried too.

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:38 am

History land wrote:Well it looks Like I tried.

I tried to talk to you about Reason and Freedom.

But you decieds to stick with the opressive Collectivism and the end of freedom by supporting state schools and goverment regulations.

But since you wish to stick with this idea I will let you stray from reason and let you stick with the counter-productive and destructive thinking of govemrent regulations and state run schools and unions.

But there is only one thing left for me to do

http://alphaatlantis.blogspot.com/

This is my blog. Enjoy it I will update it regulary. But you won`t like it. I think I am alone here on nationstates. I am the only Objectivist the only one who supports freedom and reason.

But it`s the only thing I can do then farwell I will never bring up this subject agian since clearly I can not convince you all.

Ta ta. Good luck with puberty!

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:39 am

Ourobora wrote:... and you didn't even *respond* to my super long post last page at all. Guess we all tried too.

You used so many words. :( Can't you see that words are collectivist oppression?

Ourobora
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ourobora » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:42 am

Oh man. I think I get it!

We should...ban education. HL has been trying to tell us all along!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General