NATION

PASSWORD

Anonymous to Occupy Wall Street and Create Megathread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Andaluciae wrote:I am not anonymous.
I have never been silent.
Only cowards hide behind masks.
http://www.imgur.com/owuC4.jpg
That's me.

lol we wear the same glasses :hug:
Government: Romanist Ceasarist Dictatorship
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality
Ethnic Groups: American, Latino, Filipino

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:31 pm

That's me.

Wow, it's actually fairly brave of you to wave your dick at an amorphous blob of hackers and trolls. That being said I am going to amuse myself for the rest of the night drawing dicks on your face.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Skeenation
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Skeenation » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:32 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Skeenation wrote:http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php
^Sure is union in there^
And banks control the government, corporations don't and they aren't the reason for this market crash, it's irresponsible banking practices that caused it.

Then why are so many protesting corporations and talking about how the wealthy are evil?

Because no one really knows what they hell is going on so they target the group who are well off compared to them. If I got the whole country to protest integration, does that make it right? Majority rules isn't always how you should judge things.

EDIT: oh stupid me, I answered that like you were serious :lol:
Last edited by Skeenation on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
World Factbook Entry
The Map of Skeenation
The Unified Dictatorships of Jungtropa
Total Military Manpower: 131,565,000
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.08

Andaluciae
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Andaluciae » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
That's me.

Wow, it's actually fairly brave of you to wave your dick at an amorphous blob of hackers and trolls. That being said I am going to amuse myself for the rest of the night drawing dicks on your face.

Ain't like it's never been done before...

...I can think of a particular night during undergrad. Oooh, excess alcohol consumption...was I the one whose face got dicks drawn on it, or was it the other guy...hmmmm...
FreeAgency wrote:Shellfish eating used to be restricted to dens of sin such as Red Lobster and Long John Silvers, but now days I cannot even take my children to a public restaurant anymore (even the supposedly "family friendly ones") without risking their having to watch some deranged individual flaunting his sin...

Dick
Attaché

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dick » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Terra Agora wrote:
Dick wrote:Occupy Wall Street are completely ignorant on economics. It's embarassing really

http://youtu.be/qT8YW3cIAKg

On everyone part of Occupy Wall Street is asking for $50 minimum wages, etc.
Not to mention Stefan Molyneux is a terrible philosopher.

Wage is tied to your value. If government sets it to $20 hr then unemployment would skyrocket more because alot of people aren't worth $20 hr so those people would be out of a job. Why not set the minimum wage to 10,000,000$ per hour ? Then maybe only Bill Gates will land a job.

Economic ignorance. The higher the wage is set, the more who will be unemployed.

Actually, it's cruel to the poor people who need a job. Blame the government for outpricing your labor.
Last edited by Dick on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: 10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

Stefan Molyneux is awesome! :) Google him to understand why

Andaluciae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Andaluciae » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:38 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
That's me.

lol we wear the same glasses :hug:

:hug:

I'm a fan. These particular pair has been abnormally excellent. I'm probably going to pass on the new pair for the new year because of how much I like these.
FreeAgency wrote:Shellfish eating used to be restricted to dens of sin such as Red Lobster and Long John Silvers, but now days I cannot even take my children to a public restaurant anymore (even the supposedly "family friendly ones") without risking their having to watch some deranged individual flaunting his sin...

Andaluciae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Andaluciae » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Dick wrote:
Terra Agora wrote:On everyone part of Occupy Wall Street is asking for $50 minimum wages, etc.

Wage is tied to your value. If government sets it to $20 hr then unemployment would skyrocket more because alot of people aren't worth $20 hr so those people would be out of a job. Why not set the minimum wage to 10,000,000$ per hour ? Then maybe only Bill Gates will land a job.

Economic ignorance. The higher the wage is set, the more who will be unemployed.

Either that or inflation would shoot through the roof and prices would go tits up, whilst savings would go through the fucking floor.

...if you had a competent central banker, that is.
Last edited by Andaluciae on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skeenation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Skeenation » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Dick wrote:
Terra Agora wrote:On everyone part of Occupy Wall Street is asking for $50 minimum wages, etc.

Or the more things begin to cost, because everyone is now "richer"
World Factbook Entry
The Map of Skeenation

GeneralHaNor
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby GeneralHaNor » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:40 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Sremski okrug wrote:
Taxes are already at a record low. Tea Party Politicians are already calling for less regulation and taxation.

no, i'm talking about corporations, if corporations have so much power why do they need to complain at all to the government when they can easily manipulate it?

Because they already have what they want, their complaints are a lies and a shell game. They are simply attempting to squezze every last dime out of a failing system. This is the flatout robbery stage.
Victorious Decepticons wrote:If they said "this is what you enjoy so do this" and handed me a stack of my favorite video games, then it'd be far different. But governments don't work that way. They'd hand me a dishrag...
And I'd hand them an insurgency.
Trotskylvania wrote:Don't kid yourself. The state is a violent, destructive institution of class dictatorship. The fact that the proles have bargained themselves the drippings from their master's plates doesn't legitimize the state.

Andaluciae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Andaluciae » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Skeenation wrote:
Dick wrote:

Or the more things begin to cost, because everyone is now "richer"

Basic supply and demand. More people demanding the exact same supply of goods, with higher input costs on the goods? PRICE SHOCKS MOTHERFUCKERS!

Don't get me wrong: I support maintenance of a minimum wage, if for no other reason than to make the labor market more transparent for workers, so that they know what the going rate for register jockey is. Still...drastic increases outside of inflation can have boatloads of negative effects.
Last edited by Andaluciae on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeneralHaNor
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby GeneralHaNor » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:43 pm

Dick wrote:

Actually, it's cruel to the poor people who need a job. Blame the government for outpricing your labor.

Australia proves you wrong
Compared to the us dollar, their minimum wage is about $15/hr, and they half our unemployment

Minimum wages causes unemployment is provably false.
Stop lying. and tell us your real agenda.
Victorious Decepticons wrote:If they said "this is what you enjoy so do this" and handed me a stack of my favorite video games, then it'd be far different. But governments don't work that way. They'd hand me a dishrag...
And I'd hand them an insurgency.
Trotskylvania wrote:Don't kid yourself. The state is a violent, destructive institution of class dictatorship. The fact that the proles have bargained themselves the drippings from their master's plates doesn't legitimize the state.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Andaluciae wrote:

...I can think of a particular night during undergrad. Oooh, excess alcohol consumption...was I the one whose face got dicks drawn on it, or was it the other guy...hmmmm...

Well I meant because they have an almost disturbing ability to track pictures in order to find your facebook page and things you love then just generally ruin things for you. I'd say you were double fucked because of that search by image google does now but apparently you look very similar to an asian woman preforming fellatio (about 50% of the results) so I'm guessing that technology is a few years away from helping people troll.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Skeenation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Skeenation » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:46 pm

:?
Andaluciae wrote:
Skeenation wrote:Or the more things begin to cost, because everyone is now "richer"

Basic supply and demand. More people demanding the exact same supply of goods, with higher input costs on the goods? PRICE SHOCKS MOTHERFUCKERS!

Don't get me wrong: I support maintenance of a minimum wage, if for no other reason than to make the labor market more transparent for workers, so that they know what the going rate for register jockey is. Still...drastic increases outside of inflation can have boatloads of negative effects.

Am i getting yelled at or agreed with? :?
Last edited by Skeenation on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
World Factbook Entry
The Map of Skeenation

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:47 pm

GeneralHaNor wrote:
Dick wrote:

Compared to the us dollar, their minimum wage is about $15/hr, and they half our unemployment

1: Prove it
2: Australia is not the US.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Andaluciae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Andaluciae » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:47 pm

Skeenation wrote:
Andaluciae wrote:

Am i getting yelled at or agreed with? :?:

Both.

It's because we're eXXXXXXXXXtreme.

See. Lot's of XXXXXX's. Makes it more eXXXXXXXXXXXXtreme.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:49 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:

And you aren't me, just because it hurt like hell when I tased myself shouldn't deter you.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:50 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:

And you aren't me, just because it hurt like hell when I tased myself shouldn't deter you.

:lol:
:unsure:
*bzzzzt*
Fuck!
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Andaluciae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Andaluciae » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:50 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Andaluciae wrote:

Well I meant because they have an almost disturbing ability to track pictures in order to find your facebook page and things you love then just generally ruin things for you. I'd say you were double fucked because of that search by image google does now but apparently you look very similar to an asian woman preforming fellatio (about 50% of the results) so I'm guessing that technology is a few years away from helping people troll.

Meh. Worst case scenario they try to bully me. I've had actual bullies, so some aspergers ridden b/tards don't scare me.

Andaluciae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Andaluciae » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:53 pm

I am alarmed that this photo comes up when you search the photo I posted...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TMDzCoRezFQ/S ... 0_2683.JPG

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Andaluciae wrote:Meh. Worst case scenario they try to bully me. I've had actual bullies, so some aspergers ridden b/tards don't scare me.

Well actually the worst case scenario is they get into your face book and bully your family and friends.

Dick
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dick » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:54 pm

GeneralHaNor wrote:
Dick wrote:

Unemployment likely to rise as companies put the brakes on hiring

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/unemploy ... z1aQxc4IeH

What do you say about that? Some people's labor is just not worth what they're doing. So, if the private (voluntary) economy doesn't keep up with government mandates, people lose jobs...while other people can't find jobs. Also, isn't the AUS weaker than the USD? It's like paying someone 1000000 zimbabwa dollars, it equals up to like 25c.. apples and oranges

Dick
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dick » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:55 pm

Andaluciae wrote:
Skeenation wrote:Or the more things begin to cost, because everyone is now "richer"

Why? Puts people out of work. Sends jobs overseas. You don't need a government mandated minimum wage. It just doesn't work

It's like ifd I agree to cut someone's grass for $50 and the government jumps in and says I need to be paid atleast $100 and the guy gets someone else to do it...or does it himself. ridiculous
Last edited by Dick on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Dick wrote:
Why? Puts people out of work. Sends jobs overseas. You don't need a government mandated minimum wage. It just doesn't work

The free market regulates income arguments always neglect that businesses will continue to employ as many people as necessary to operate regardless of what they have to pay them and won't constantly hire new people just because they can. On other end of the spectrum people will continue to seek employment even if it isn't for a "fair" wage.

Andaluciae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Andaluciae » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Andaluciae wrote:Meh. Worst case scenario they try to bully me. I've had actual bullies, so some aspergers ridden b/tards don't scare me.

Well actually the worst case scenario is they get into your face book and bully your family and friends.

Pretty safe there. I've got facebook pretty much locked down. Can't see me if you're not one of my friends. My password is extremely strong (nonconsecutive letters, numbers and non-alphanumeric symbols) and I might delete it, given that I haven't been on in...a month.

Dick
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dick » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Dick wrote:

The free market regulates income arguments always neglect that businesses will continue to employ as many people as necessary to operate regardless of what they have to pay them and won't constantly hire new people just because they can. On other end of the spectrum people will continue to seek employment even if it isn't for a "fair" wage.

People are free to reject a wage. Just say no. I have no problem with trying to create a union, but I do when you try to use state power for your own ends...

free market is win/win

you value $5 more than you value your pencil. and I value the pencil more than the $5. so we trade.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General