NATION

PASSWORD

What is your sexual orientation?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your sexual orientation?

Straight
62%
Bisexual
14%
Gay/Lesbian
17%
Asexual
7%

Total votes : 324

EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:17 pm

Alqania wrote:So you want to label everyone in one of four categories? Why do you feel the need to do that?

Because its human nature.

Iuuvic
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Iuuvic » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:20 pm

JJ Place wrote:
Iuuvic wrote:
You would not be lying if you do, in-fact, have sex w/ both men & women w/o having a particular preferance for either.

Also, how do your attractions differ from pansexual attractions?

The prefix Bi means 2, added to the word sexual the phrase becomes "Two-Sexualities", as in, a person is attracted to two sexes, rather than favoring any other quantity. Bisexual indicates a person to be attracted to men and women, but nothing more; that's not the only scope of my sexuality. It's similar to enjoying the appearances of all colors, including two colors; you don't only enjoy two colors, you enjoy all colors. Bisexual is an amazing word, sounds, and looks great, however, it's numerically inaccurate to myself. I don't associate myself with pansexuality either, my appeals are different than those of pansexuality. I'm not willing to be pigeon holded into any group, regardless of the group, even pansexuality. I don't accept any groups, I live my life free of classifications, petty dispergences that seperate us all. I'm not the same as a pansexual individual, even if my choosings might seem to connect with pansexuality. You see what I'm saying?

Being bisexual does not mean you cannot be attracted to any qualities, traits, or characteristics of that individual other than their sex.
~Signature~
"Just because a man is ***king crazy doesn't make his opinion less ***king valid."

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:23 pm

I'm a guy.

I like boobs. Your call.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:23 pm

Arkinesia wrote:I'm a guy.

I like boobs. Your call.

I am a gal.

I like boobs. What?
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:24 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I like boobs. Your call.

I am a gal.

I like boobs. What?

Well, it changes depending on the poster's sex.

But I thought we were past sixth grade…

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Arkinesia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I am a gal.

I like boobs. What?

Well, it changes depending on the poster's sex.

But I thought we were past sixth grade…

I hope we are past the sixth grade.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:27 pm

I like boobs. Your call.

Bisexual.

Boobs can be transplanted.

Izarius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Izarius » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:29 pm

I like boobs. Your call.

The converse isn't necessarily true though. After all, I'm a guy and I don't like boobs (yes, I'm heterosexual).
Supporter of the true legitimate government in Libya, that of Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi.
Read this first before complaining about Gaddafi's supposed crimes
The Libyan NTC refuses to stop ethnic cleansing

Pro-democracy groups have overthrown the Izarian regime
PRIMA Defense Systems

[ ] 0: Normal readiness
[ ] 1: Increased alert
[ ] 2: High alert
[ ] 3: Full alert
[ ] 4: Limited war
[x] 5: Total war

JJ Place
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby JJ Place » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:29 pm

EvilDarkMagicians wrote:
JJ Place wrote:You see what I'm saying?

That your pansexual but don't want to be identified as such?

Not quite, I'm not pansexual, even if I hold many of qualities of pansexuality.

Iuuvic wrote:
JJ Place wrote:
The prefix Bi means 2, added to the word sexual the phrase becomes "Two-Sexualities", as in, a person is attracted to two sexes, rather than favoring any other quantity. Bisexual indicates a person to be attracted to men and women, but nothing more; that's not the only scope of my sexuality. It's similar to enjoying the appearances of all colors, including two colors; you don't only enjoy two colors, you enjoy all colors. Bisexual is an amazing word, sounds, and looks great, however, it's numerically inaccurate to myself. I don't associate myself with pansexuality either, my appeals are different than those of pansexuality. I'm not willing to be pigeon holded into any group, regardless of the group, even pansexuality. I don't accept any groups, I live my life free of classifications, petty dispergences that seperate us all. I'm not the same as a pansexual individual, even if my choosings might seem to connect with pansexuality. You see what I'm saying?

Being bisexual does not mean you cannot be attracted to any qualities, traits, or characteristics of that individual other than their sex.

Bisexual is the attraction to two groups of sexualities, hence the prefix 'bi' in the term.
The price of cheese is eternal Vignotte.

Wazkyraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazkyraque » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Bisexual.
More variety in the fields of love :P
"Everything takes time. Bees have to move very fast to stay still."

Secular Sweden
Envoy

Founded: Apr 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Secular Sweden » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:32 pm

What about the pansexual people? Who said there were only two genders?

(just a little thought)
Last edited by Secular Sweden on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded. Because the elements, the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars. And the only way they could get into your body is if the stars were kind enough to explode.

So forget Jesus. The stars died so you could be here today.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:33 pm

I still don't get why is it important to define sexuality. You fuck what you fuck, and as long as that doesn't interfere with others, go on fucking what you want.
Slava Ukraini

Zepplien
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zepplien » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Secular Sweden wrote:Pansexual. Who said there were only two genders?

Anatomy
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Come to the Communist side, we have Cookies Wheat
I take boring you to a whole new level!
Never mistake my IC nation for communism. think of it as Zepism, something unique and terrifying
Ode to Zepplin:

You Play as a Bisexual think tank, in a woemans body so gracefully... But as quickly as you came you are gone playing a Chineese Clone... Then you are a stupid, homocidal iddiot who will kill 1000 people for his own power... You are my hero.

EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Society.

EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:35 pm

Zepplien wrote:

Anatomy

Your confusing sex and gender.

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:35 pm

EvilDarkMagicians wrote:

I like boobs. Your call.

Bisexual.

Boobs can be transplanted.

Valid. But that's not what I was getting at…

Izarius wrote:

I like boobs. Your call.

The converse isn't necessarily true though. After all, I'm a guy and I don't like boobs (yes, I'm heterosexual).

You're missing out.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:37 pm

"Sexual" means sex, not gender. There really are only two sexes in humans: either you have the baby, or you make someone else have the baby. Or you just don't have a sex, which isn't terribly common.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

Norstal wrote:You are a hatiater: one who radiates hate.

Meryuma wrote:No one is more of a cat person than 1000 Cats!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.
Factbook/Q&A | RP | Conlang | Short Story

Secular Sweden
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Secular Sweden » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Anatomy? Like, in the 16th century?

Maybe some other things come into play;
chromosomes

46xx, 46xy, 47xxy (Klinefelter's syndrome), 45xo (Turner's syndrome), 47xyy, 47xxx, 48xxyy, 46xx/xy mosaic, other mosaic, and others

gonads

testicles, ovaries, one of each (hermaphrodites), ovotestes, or other gonadal dysgenesis

hormones

androgens including testosterone; estrogens — including estradiol, estriol, estrone; antiandrogens and others

genitals

primary sexual characteristics (six class system)

secondary sexual characteristics

dimorphic physical characteristics, other than primary characteristics (most prominently breasts or their absence)

brain structure

special kinds of secondary characteristics, due to their influence on psychology and behaviour

gender identity

psychological identification with either of the two main sexes

gender role

social conformity with expectations for either of the two main sexes

erotic preference

gynophilia, androphilia, bisexuality, asexuality and various paraphilias.
You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded. Because the elements, the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars. And the only way they could get into your body is if the stars were kind enough to explode.

Iuuvic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Iuuvic » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:38 pm

JJ Place wrote:
EvilDarkMagicians wrote:
That your pansexual but don't want to be identified as such?

Iuuvic wrote:

Bisexual is the attraction to two groups of sexualities, hence the prefix 'bi' in the term.

I must be missing something here; which 'third sex' are you engaging in intercourse w/?
~Signature~
"Just because a man is ***king crazy doesn't make his opinion less ***king valid."

Imsogone
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:42 pm

I can safely say that my sexual orientation is - sex.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

Iuuvic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Iuuvic » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:45 pm

Secular Sweden wrote:Anatomy? Like, in the 16th century?

Maybe some other things come into play;
chromosomes

46xx, 46xy, 47xxy (Klinefelter's syndrome), 45xo (Turner's syndrome), 47xyy, 47xxx, 48xxyy, 46xx/xy mosaic, other mosaic, and others

gonads

testicles, ovaries, one of each (hermaphrodites), ovotestes, or other gonadal dysgenesis

hormones

androgens including testosterone; estrogens — including estradiol, estriol, estrone; antiandrogens and others

genitals

primary sexual characteristics (six class system)

secondary sexual characteristics

dimorphic physical characteristics, other than primary characteristics (most prominently breasts or their absence)

brain structure

special kinds of secondary characteristics, due to their influence on psychology and behaviour

gender identity

psychological identification with either of the two main sexes

gender role

social conformity with expectations for either of the two main sexes

erotic preference

gynophilia, androphilia, bisexuality, asexuality and various paraphilias.

-_- Could you please restructure this? It seems you are attempting to create an offcut of bisexuality on the basis of sexual attraction to developmental/genetic disorders, or assuming paraphilia (toward such genetic conditions) = orientation...
~Signature~

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:46 pm

Cocksexual with a hint of assexuality.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Secular Sweden
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Secular Sweden » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Iuuvic wrote:
JJ Place wrote:

I must be missing something here; which 'third sex' are you engaging in intercourse w/?

There are cis-gendered people, transsexuals in mid hormone therapy, intersexual people and then you have furries, nuns, otherkin and Marilyn Manson.
Not that I have sex with any/all of these (or even want to); then how could I have bodyfluids left to be on NationStates?
I'm just saying; the "me Tarzan - you Jane"-thinking is sort of narrow.

Zepplien
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zepplien » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Secular Sweden wrote:
Iuuvic wrote:

There are cis-gendered people, transsexuals in mid hormone therapy, intersexual people and then you have furries, nuns, otherkin and Marilyn Manson.
Not that I have sex with any/all of these (or even want to); then how could I have bodyfluids left to be on NationStates?
I'm just saying; the "me Tarzan - you Jane"-thinking is sort of narrow.

I'm sure a bisexual could "poke" any of the above, well except Marilyn Manson :p
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Come to the Communist side, we have Cookies Wheat
I take boring you to a whole new level!
Never mistake my IC nation for communism. think of it as Zepism, something unique and terrifying
Ode to Zepplin:

You Play as a Bisexual think tank, in a woemans body so gracefully... But as quickly as you came you are gone playing a Chineese Clone... Then you are a stupid, homocidal iddiot who will kill 1000 people for his own power... You are my hero.

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:01 pm

I am an adherent to the school of Mercurian thought. The posterial rotation theory pretty plainly lays out the fact that fat-bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round.

If we let o = the obliquity of the earth, d = the distance of earth from the sun, and Fm = the mass of orbital fat-bottomed girls, we can clearly see that:

R = (F3*d)(5.9742 × 1024kg/Fmo)

Where R is the rotational speed and of the earth. It is assumed direction is determined by the satellite orbit of the girls, which is its own independent equation.

In summary I like girls with sizable behinds. And just girls, mind you.
Last edited by Rhodmhire on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General