NATION

PASSWORD

And now for some good news.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Do you believe?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:07 am

Aliens have visited Earth
11%
Aliens have not only visited Earth, but they have abducted people
9%
Aliens have not only visited Earth and abducted people, they abducted me
4%
I am an alien
18%
"They" may be out there, but they've never been here.
52%
H N Fiddlebottoms is the alien messiah
7%

Total votes : 56

Anti-Social Darwinism
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

And now for some good news.

Postby Anti-Social Darwinism » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:07 am

NSG's resident curmudgeon.

Add 6,771 posts from the old NSG.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: And now for some good news.

Postby Maurepas » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:14 am

I had to vote the joke option, because I think that Aliens are out there, but they only "maybe" have been here...

But, Ive never feared abduction...if anything they should fear it from us, ;)

Soviet Taoistan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 16, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Taoistan » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:50 am

I have an odd, disabling phobia of zee greys but I am pretty sure it's because of a TV movie I saw on UPN when I was 12. Still, I doubt aliens have been abducting people.

But I choose option 2 just in case they are watching. I like mine organs.
Last edited by Soviet Taoistan on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Discount Liquor World
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Discount Liquor World » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:02 am

I actually saw a goddamn UFO. One of those big, black, triangle-shaped ones that go fast and low and don't make any noise. Me and a dozen other people saw it. Flew right over my head about a 1000 meters up.

Not saying it was being flown by aliens, because I don't know that. I know it was not a military plane there are no airbases anywhere in Orlando, no secret planes or stealth bombers and the lighting, speed and size and lack of engine noise= not a military plane.

If they are aliens they are sure being obvious about it.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:21 am

I am an alien. I'm certainly not going to claim to be human.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

The Infinite Dunes
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Infinite Dunes » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:46 am

I abducted an alien once. It was pretty embarrassing, neither of us knew what we were doing. Needless to say I made my excuses and left the alien to pick up the bill for the room. It was only slightly more awkward when I took a date home only to find she was a he.

Call to power
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:56 am

I totally remember this one time when I was totally driving tanked I saw these strange flashing lights in my rear view mirror before I blacked out and awoke being anal probed by a brutish wookie-thing called Bubba!

oh and we jack animals off all the time for farming and such :/ (also I have proof)
The Parkus Empire wrote:Theoretically, why would anyone put anytime into anything but tobacco, intoxicants and sex?

Vareiln wrote:My god, CtP is right...
Not that you haven't been right before, but... Aw, hell, you get what I meant.

Tubbsalot wrote:replace my opinions with CtP's.

Capfrania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Capfrania » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:05 am

Seth Shostak is no authority. I've heard Seth try to debate a UFOlogist before and it was a sad display. He just states things that are flatly false.

His basic view comes down to: 'As long as I avoid looking into it, I can flatly state it doesn't exist.' Hence he always repeats things like 'there's no physical evidence,' even though there's a lot. His answer to almost every question is he never looked into it. I don't know why he even bothers to keep talking about a subject he refuses do any research into.

In the same vein, I could say SETI doesn't exist on the grounds that I refuse to look at a photo of the building. :roll:

Call to power
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:16 am

Capfrania wrote:he always repeats things like 'there's no physical evidence,' even though there's a lot.

such as?
The Parkus Empire wrote:Theoretically, why would anyone put anytime into anything but tobacco, intoxicants and sex?

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:25 am

Hell no, alien life forms wouldn't want anything to do with the people of earth. They are more interested in INTELLIGENT species.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Call to power
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:27 am

SaintB wrote:Hell no, alien life forms wouldn't want anything to do with the people of earth. They are more interested in INTELLIGENT species.

moo moo moo moooo!

Capfrania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Capfrania » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:39 am

Call to power wrote:
Capfrania wrote:he always repeats things like 'there's no physical evidence,' even though there's a lot.

such as?

Depends on what instance you're talking about. In general? Landing prints. Other prints. Crop circles where (unlike the fake ones, of which there are plenty) the molecular structure of the plant matter has been effected inside the circle. Even (admittedly rare) material fragments that can't be achieved by today's technology.

That's without getting into any hard to prove theories about what the government may or may not have. That stuff isn't available.
Last edited by Capfrania on Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:42 am

I never feared that I was going to be abducted by aliens in my lifetime, yet. However, there's a good chance that they may be friendly.

Call to power
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:52 am

Capfrania wrote:Depends on what instance you're talking about. In general? Landing prints. Other prints.

omg theres some hole in the ground it must be aliens instead of some madness where we apply science and look for the simplest explanation!

Capfrania wrote:Crop circles where (unlike the fake ones, of which there are plenty) the molecular structure of the plant matter has been effected inside the circle.

I have never heard of such evidence interesting that

also no science suggests it to be due to localized columns of ionized air which is irrelevant as lack of explanation =/= alienz!!1

Capfrania wrote:Even (admittedly rare) material fragments that can't be achieved by today's technology.

again your jumping to alien involvement when the much more reasonable explanation is rare metals most likely formed in the cold vacuum of space

Capfrania wrote:That's without getting into any hard to prove theories about what the government may or may not have.

yes the government is totally that competent

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:I never feared that I was going to be abducted by aliens in my lifetime, yet. However, there's a good chance that they may be friendly.

a group of aliens are traveling trillions of light years across time and space to give rednecks handjobs whats not friendly about that?
Last edited by Call to power on Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

You-Gi-Owe
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby You-Gi-Owe » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:23 am

What E.T.s? I'm sure they're just like R.O.U.S.s. They don't really exist.
“Man, I'm so hip I won't even eat a square meal!”
"We've always been at war with Eastasia." 1984, George Orwell
Tyrion: "Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!"
“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” ~ James Madison quotes

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:29 am

You-Gi-Owe wrote:What E.T.s? I'm sure they're just like R.O.U.S.s. They don't really exist.

You mean Rodents of Unusual Size?
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Classical Liberal
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Classical Liberal » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:29 am

Bah! ETs What shall we do :shock:
"New" liberal: Freedom Hating, Gun Despising, Capitalism Regulating, Baby Killing, Atheist, Pansie

I'm Perfect, I Thought I Wasn't Once But I Was Mistaken

Quotes:
"The Strongest Reason For The People To Retain The Right To Keep And Bear Arms Is As A Last Resort, To Protect Themselves Against the Tyranny In Government" ~ Thomas Jefferson

"All, Too, Will Bear In Mind This Sacred Principle, That Though The Will Of The Majority Is In All Cases To Prevail, That Will To Be Rightful Must Be Reasonable; That The Minority Possess Their Equal Rights, Which Equal Law Must Protect, And To Violate Would Be Oppression" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Chetssaland wrote:*points at fat, stupid, arrogant guy and democrat senator "Its your fault everyone hates us."

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:46 am

Angels have been replaced by aliens as an acceptable otherworldy abductor and raptor.

The root cause is usually alcohol in excess.

Surely there are beings out there in the vast blackness (which is ever expanding thereby bringing us further and further apart) who have intelligence exceeding our own.

Let's hope so anyway; the alternative is so depressing (see other topic).

But as rational beings they have no rational impulse to involve themselves with our quirky slowly failing planet, do they?
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

RoI2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby RoI2 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:49 am

Believing in LGM= Fail.
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count + 860
RIP RoI 22Feb - 20Aug '09

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:00 am

So aliens won't invade?
I suppose water is wet too is it?
The pope shit's in the woods?
Chuck norris is LG's grandfather?
all these questions so little time, how will i ever fathom the depths of these time honoured tradtions?

Jamesatyourdoor
Secretary

Founded: Aug 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamesatyourdoor » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:11 am

We humanoids are the alien, the earth, and all except us were here for eons before we arrived.as the cast off debris of a elitist group of galactic proportions powers we were capsuled here and remained inert for thousands of life form transitions until the time of awakening brought us bullyingly into this once tranquil planet to stave off the horrendous beasts the earths eons had created.the worse our previous clans debauchery and deeds,the longer we waited to awaken,and the populace of our planet today is all alien, except the dogs and cats and other beautiful creatures.the sum of our existence is the exacting of our punishment by mother colonies,with many of lesser crimes living out healthy and wealthy lives, and for the worst and greatest part, we await our punishment of death through watching slowly as our citizens suffer health and disease and drug trauma.the ultimate end shall come when those poor choices we made consume all of us in a final and unknown destiny. yes, we are alien planet, and we are here tyo abduct you ,not by stealing your body, but by subverting your minds and will power to resist coommn sense.

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:12 am

Jamesatyourdoor wrote:We humanoids are the alien, the earth, and all except us were here for eons before we arrived.as the cast off debris of a elitist group of galactic proportions powers we were capsuled here and remained inert for thousands of life form transitions until the time of awakening brought us bullyingly into this once tranquil planet to stave off the horrendous beasts the earths eons had created.the worse our previous clans debauchery and deeds,the longer we waited to awaken,and the populace of our planet today is all alien, except the dogs and cats and other beautiful creatures.the sum of our existence is the exacting of our punishment by mother colonies,with many of lesser crimes living out healthy and wealthy lives, and for the worst and greatest part, we await our punishment of death through watching slowly as our citizens suffer health and disease and drug trauma.the ultimate end shall come when those poor choices we made consume all of us in a final and unknown destiny. yes, we are alien planet, and we are here tyo abduct you ,not by stealing your body, but by subverting your minds and will power to resist coommn sense.

...so...you still up for a game of poker later?

Rikese
Envoy

Founded: Aug 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rikese » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:01 am

I am just a martian get prepared for abduction
United Russian States wrote:Thrid Russia is moving towards an much larger force consiting of all volanteer soilders.

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:do you even expect for a minute i'd want to discuss anything further with you if you continue to show no respect to my opinions?

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:09 am

The aliens are going to steal the precious bodily fluids of American citizens!!!11

... seriously. You should be more worried about an invasion of gnomes from Argentina -- unlike aliens, they don't fly around in space for no good reason, they walk on land, and are just the right height to bite you in a very uncomfortable place.
Signatures are for losers.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General