NATION

PASSWORD

Best Army in world

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best Army

America
55%
Britian
14%
France
3%
China
8%
Israel
6%
Russia
7%
Other(Please post)
8%

Total votes : 262

Jakra
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Jakra » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Switzerland, they're a little too neutral if you ask me.
Current DEFCON Level: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
Jakran Factbook: NSEconomy: Jakran Military Factbook (WIP)
In Memoriam of President:John Henry Eden

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Jakra wrote:Switzerland, they're a little too neutral if you ask me.

Well they did have a horrible war a long time ago and decided it was time to go neutral. Although their Neutraility does bode some questions.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Aeredon wrote:my grandfather almost went to Korea in the Korean War, and i've just read Catch-22, it's true that for the american army, military intelligence is a complete oxymoron, but *all*(lol) it needs is to get some competent people

The US needs to reorganize ASAP. The US Army, for one, is just too big to be used effectively, and you can't win wars against superpowers with the USMC, can you?

Soviex
Attaché

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviex » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Arivada wrote:The best army in the world i would say is a tye between America and Israel America because well must i say it,Israel because it just always win aganist the arabs. Numericlly outnumbered they just do it.

Israel wins those wars because America is supplying them with large amounts of aid and training.

And the Airforce. The Arabs ain't got one. Well, a good one. I can think of a lot of jokes based around arab countries airforce sucking.'

*Is Lebanese

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:44 pm

Belgian Intelligence, there's another one. Or the Swiss Navy.

Jakra
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakra » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:45 pm

Taeshan wrote:
Jakra wrote:Switzerland, they're a little too neutral if you ask me.

Well they did have a horrible war a long time ago and decided it was time to go neutral. Although their Neutrality does bode some questions.

I was actually referencing the Onion Atlas but it seems no one here has actually read it.
Current DEFCON Level: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
Jakran Factbook: NSEconomy: Jakran Military Factbook (WIP)
In Memoriam of President:John Henry Eden

Dashret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dashret » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:45 pm

Why, obviously. The army of whatever country I live in. 8)

Georgetpwn
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Georgetpwn » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:46 pm

The French army has one vote?

French salute! *puts hands up*
The Republic of Hobbes City (exiled), exists within Georgetpwn
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 1
Defense Minister of Novus Licentia Terra
The Republic of Hobbes City, composed of:
The Hobbes City Holding State of Georgetpwn
The People's Republic of M1 Helmet
The Protectorate of The Republic of Lanos
The Colony of Suvree
The Pacific Territory of Ferdinando Marcos

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:48 pm

Georgetpwn wrote:The French army has one vote?

French salute! *puts hands up*

That's me...

Hairless Kitten II
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hairless Kitten II » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:49 pm

Soviex wrote:
Arivada wrote:The best army in the world i would say is a tye between America and Israel America because well must i say it,Israel because it just always win aganist the arabs. Numericlly outnumbered they just do it.

Israel wins those wars because America is supplying them with large amounts of aid and training.

And the Airforce. The Arabs ain't got one. Well, a good one. I can think of a lot of jokes based around arab countries airforce sucking.'

*Is Lebanese

Can you tell 5 of those jokes?

• Vote for The NationStates Razzies 2009
• Any similarities with reality is a mere coincidence
• No mods were harmed during the making of this posting
• Protégez les enfants: ne leur faites pas respirer votre commentaires`
• Quand tous les dégoûtés seront partis, il ne restera plus que les dégoûtants
• Please report me at the Moderation Section because I'm spoiling your day

Jimanistan
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Jimanistan » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Armies are for petty children...

Wouldn't the Second World War have been way easier if we defeated the Axis in a street race? The T-34 could definitely outrun a panzer...
The Workers' State of Jimanistan
Demonym: Jimani
Capital: Fenario, Capital District
Head of State: Prime Minister Marie Clemente
Head of Government: Speaker Francois Durand

"The very cannibalism of the counterrevolution will convince the nations that there is only one way in which the murderous death agonies of the old society and the bloody birth throes of the new society can be shortened, simplified and concentrated, and that way is revolutionary terror."
- Karl Marx

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:52 pm

Hairless Kitten II wrote:Can you tell 5 of those jokes?

How many MiGs do the Arabs have in total?

Two; one crashed somewhere in the desert, and the other is on the cover of the instruction manual.

Hairless Kitten II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hairless Kitten II » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:53 pm

Why is this thread feeling similar as 'Who's having the biggest penis?' or 'Let's look who can urinate the longest or the farthest' ?

Bewusstsein
Envoy

Founded: Aug 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bewusstsein » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:55 pm

Hairless Kitten II wrote:Why is this thread feeling similar as 'Who's having the biggest penis?' or 'Let's look who can urinate the longest or the farthest' ?

Because all of those questions have the same answer, obviously.

AMMMEEERRRIIICCCAAA.
FUCK YEAH.

Soviex
Attaché

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviex » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Hairless Kitten II wrote:
Soviex wrote:

*Is Lebanese

Can you tell 5 of those jokes?

"A Syrian wants to be a Pilot in the military. So, he goes to school and gets taught all the usual things. How to fly, how to use the guns, how to take off. When he's about to go in the plane, he remembers something. "Wait! You didn't tell me how to land!" You won't need too. The Isreali will shoot you down!"

Blondes with big butts
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blondes with big butts » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:57 pm

Gynocracy wrote:How do you define 'best?'

If you take it in terms of numbers then obviously, in the long run and with other things being equal, size will win out.

If you take it in terms of quality and pound-for-pound fighting ability, it's a toss-up between Britain and Israel.

My grandad fought in World War Two and he said that the American troops were very good if they had overwhelming superiority but that if they had to fight roughly equal numbers and equipment they were useless!

Was this uselessness before or after they brought the destruction of all the British cities to an end and began to push the Germans back? The battle of the bulge was fought w/ overwhelming US numbers? Sounds to me like someone misses their little empire.

The "best" is a bad use of wording. The most effective would be more appropriate. Also are we talking limited engagements as we see these days or the situation of who would be best in a "TOTAL WAR" situation? In that situation it's a combination of Training, numbers, Tech, and the ability to project force. No one in the world has all that except the USA.

China in an infantry/armor fight on their turf would be impossible to beat however they lack the ability to project force outside of the Asian mainland (otherwise Taiwan would of fallen years ago). Hence why the US has never pushed for total elimination of nuclear weapons. Push comes to shove those nukes on the subs are not for the Russians or Arab states. They're there for China(maybe India but I can't see that hypothetical playing out).

In a limited engagement I would absolutely take Israels air and armor (mostly US made tech) due to the extreme level of professionalism and training by their soldiers. The Brit's, French, Germans, Swedes and a few others are all very competent and well equipped forces. The Russians can still bring large numbers of air and armor to the battle field but no longer possess the tech in numbers large enough to threaten Europe and N. America though w/ their oil money they only need 1/2 a decade to get back there if they choose.

Bottom line is that there are only a handful of Nations on earth that can even protect themselves from a fully equipped US Carrier group rather than the entire US military. The question isn't skill its will. The US doesn't have the will to fight the type of war we saw during WWII and I just don't see a scenario where we would in the near term.

Jimanistan
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Jimanistan » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:57 pm

Bewusstsein wrote:
Hairless Kitten II wrote:Why is this thread feeling similar as 'Who's having the biggest penis?' or 'Let's look who can urinate the longest or the farthest' ?

AMMMEEERRRIIICCCAAA.
FUCK YEAH.

Rock, Flag, and Eeeeee-agle.
The Workers' State of Jimanistan
Demonym: Jimani
Capital: Fenario, Capital District
Head of State: Prime Minister Marie Clemente
Head of Government: Speaker Francois Durand

"The very cannibalism of the counterrevolution will convince the nations that there is only one way in which the murderous death agonies of the old society and the bloody birth throes of the new society can be shortened, simplified and concentrated, and that way is revolutionary terror."
- Karl Marx

FreeSatania
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby FreeSatania » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:59 pm

No way. I can pee way farther than America. Also my dad is cooler than your dad. Transformers is better than GI Joe and NES is way cooler than Sega MasterSystem.

Hairless Kitten II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hairless Kitten II » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Bewusstsein wrote:

AMMMEEERRRIIICCCAAA.
FUCK YEAH.

Ok, to wake up some people, we'll create a similar post *evil smile*

Bewusstsein
Envoy

Founded: Aug 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bewusstsein » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:02 pm

Bewusstsein wrote:

AMMMEEERRRIIICCCAAA.
FUCK YEAH.

Ok, to wake up some people, we'll create a similar post *evil smile*

*doesn't know what to say*

Phrozen Core
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Phrozen Core » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:04 pm

Why is this thread feeling similar as 'Who's having the biggest penis?' or 'Let's look who can urinate the longest or the farthest' ?

Please, if you are going to participate in the thread, participate, do not just add condescending, arrogant remarks to bolster your personal self-esteem. The thread is "best army in the world", not "how can i make everyone feel inferior to me today?".

For example:

My opinion is that China currently has the best military in the world.
“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”
-Genghis Khan

Factbook

[DEFCON1] DEFCON2 DEFCON3 DEFCON4 DEFCON5

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:06 pm

Arivada wrote:
Hairless Kitten II wrote:Is there an age limit on this thread?

I assume you can't enter the 'debate' when you're over 12 year old?

What the...?

How old are you, kid?

Get off this thread, not only are you contributing nothing but uninsulting "insults" as you might call them in your fantasy world, but your flag is making me question my sexuality.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

Kim Jong-ilia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kim Jong-ilia » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:14 pm

It's the Korean People's Army!!! I'd have to say either the Australian Defence Force or the People's Liberation Army.
Fuel Air Detonations: WiC Fuel Air Bomb

~Our Glory Will Never Perish~

Frangland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Frangland » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:14 pm

All-around -- considering factors like size, weapons/technology, organization, tactics, quality of training, and mobility (assuming those are some of the main factors...) -- not to be a homer, but I think the answer is the US.

An equally interesting question is this (not to hijack the thread):

What is the top special operations unit?

A few well-known examples are the British SAS, US Delta Force and French GIGN (I think that's what it's called).
Last edited by Frangland on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General