NATION

PASSWORD

Best Army in world

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Best Army

America
143
55%
Britian
37
14%
France
7
3%
China
21
8%
Israel
15
6%
Russia
18
7%
Other(Please post)
21
8%
 
Total votes : 262

User avatar
Arivada
Senator
 
Posts: 4324
Founded: Jun 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Best Army in world

Postby Arivada » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:19 pm

The best army in the world i would say is a tye between America and Israel America because well must i say it,Israel because it just always win aganist the arabs. Numericlly outnumbered they just do it.

98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig

User avatar
Bewusstsein
Envoy
 
Posts: 208
Founded: Aug 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Bewusstsein » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:20 pm

Arivada wrote:The best army in the world i would say is a tye between America and Israel America because well must i say it,Israel because it just always win aganist the arabs. Numericlly outnumbered they just do it.


You really think Israel could take America in a fight?
Or China?
Or Britain?

...Or even Canada?

User avatar
Arivada
Senator
 
Posts: 4324
Founded: Jun 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Arivada » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Isreal couldn't take on America i am just saying how they always manage to defeat a coalition of nations aganist them with only 100,000 troops.

98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig

User avatar
Cabickstan
Minister
 
Posts: 3174
Founded: Jun 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Cabickstan » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Due to an overwhelming population in China I would say that they can kick our ass.Britan is not that powwerful anymore.
Allies: Paddy O Fernature, New Hayesalia, Calablan, The Colonized Union

Note: ICly, Cabickstan is an Inoffensive Centist Democracy

User avatar
Anemos Major
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12682
Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Anemos Major » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:23 pm

Or France?

I mean, look at it this way; you may have more tanks, you may have more IFVs, but you sure as hell don't have as many working nukes.

Well, the US does, but their army is too big. In terms of today's battlefield situations, the French have the ability to respond quckly and effectively with experienced troops.

User avatar
Hydesland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15020
Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Hydesland » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:23 pm

What's Britian?

User avatar
Rhodmhire
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17421
Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Rhodmhire » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:23 pm

Image

I wouldn't want to get into a war with the...

Oh my...I can't even keep a straight face...
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

User avatar
Gynocracy
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 435
Founded: May 12, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Gynocracy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:24 pm

How do you define 'best?'

If you take it in terms of numbers then obviously, in the long run and with other things being equal, size will win out.

If you take it in terms of quality and pound-for-pound fighting ability, it's a toss-up between Britain and Israel.

My grandad fought in World War Two and he said that the American troops were very good if they had overwhelming superiority but that if they had to fight roughly equal numbers and equipment they were useless!
'Femina supra mundum' - Women over the world.

User avatar
FreeSatania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1274
Founded: May 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby FreeSatania » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:24 pm

Army of darkness?

User avatar
Rhodmhire
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17421
Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Rhodmhire » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:24 pm

Arivada wrote:Isreal couldn't take on America i am just saying how they always manage to defeat a coalition of nations aganist them with only 100,000 troops.


If they can't beat America, wouldn't that make America's army the better compared to Israel's?

Or are you pinning determination, odds, and/or endurance above numbers, power, and/or who can kill the most of who?

Because I have no problem with it if you are.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

User avatar
Khodoristan
Minister
 
Posts: 2325
Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Khodoristan » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:25 pm

US army is best. Best training, equipment, strategies. It has force projection that other nations cannot even imagine.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69 (centrist)
DERECON: 1 2 3 4 5

REST IN PEACE UNDERØATH 11/30/97-1/26/13
Pro: NATO, SEATO, ANZUS, EU, ROC, ROK, Japan, Israel, Russia, Turkey, India, gay rights, fiscal and social liberalism, Christianity, Judaism
Against: Iran, Pakistan, China, DPRK, Venezuela, racism, sexism, abortion, Islam, conservatism, military aggression

I'm a nihilistic Catholic. Yes, we do exist.

User avatar
Arivada
Senator
 
Posts: 4324
Founded: Jun 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Arivada » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:26 pm

Rhodmhire wrote:
Arivada wrote:Isreal couldn't take on America i am just saying how they always manage to defeat a coalition of nations aganist them with only 100,000 troops.


If they can't beat America, wouldn't that make America's army the better compared to Israel's?

Or are you pinning determination, odds, and/or endurance above numbers, power, and/or who can kill the most of who?

Because I have no problem with it if you are.

I am pitting odds and determination for Israel but American NUmbers and power and who can kill the most.

98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig

User avatar
Anemos Major
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12682
Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Anemos Major » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:27 pm

Khodoristan wrote:US army is best. Best training, equipment, strategies. It has force projection that other nations cannot even imagine.


They can get the troops there, but once they get there they can't really do shit, to be frank.

User avatar
Arivada
Senator
 
Posts: 4324
Founded: Jun 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Arivada » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:29 pm

Anemos Major wrote:
Khodoristan wrote:US army is best. Best training, equipment, strategies. It has force projection that other nations cannot even imagine.


They can get the troops there, but once they get there they can't really do shit, to be frank.

We've crushed the Panamians,Grenadians,Iraqis,Germans,North Koreans,Japanese etc.

98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig

User avatar
L3 Communications
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5150
Founded: Jun 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby L3 Communications » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:29 pm

Germany. I'm only saying this because they have the most Leopard 2s.
Last edited by L3 Communications on Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Corporate Conglomerate of L3 Communications
L3 Corporate Factbook - L3 Embassy/Consulate Programme - L3 Broadcasting Corporation - L3 Communications - Global Armaments

- Member of The Conglomerate
- Member of CAPINTERN
- Member of the IFA
Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 7.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -4.46

New Nicksyllvania wrote:WA is jew infested tyranny that does not understand freedom and 0% taxation

Lyras wrote:Thirdly, the inclusion of multiple penetration aids (such as flares, chaff, false-target balloons and lubricant)...

User avatar
Rhodmhire
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17421
Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Rhodmhire » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Arivada wrote:
Rhodmhire wrote:
Arivada wrote:Isreal couldn't take on America i am just saying how they always manage to defeat a coalition of nations aganist them with only 100,000 troops.


If they can't beat America, wouldn't that make America's army the better compared to Israel's?

Or are you pinning determination, odds, and/or endurance above numbers, power, and/or who can kill the most of who?

Because I have no problem with it if you are.

I am pitting odds and determination for Israel but American NUmbers and power and who can kill the most.


I agree, often times your zeal, endurance, and determination is the key factor in war.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

User avatar
Hairless Kitten II
Senator
 
Posts: 4198
Founded: Jun 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Hairless Kitten II » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:31 pm

Is there an age limit on this thread?

I assume you can't enter the 'debate' when you're over 12 year old?

• Vote for The NationStates Razzies 2009
• Any similarities with reality is a mere coincidence
• No mods were harmed during the making of this posting
• Protégez les enfants: ne leur faites pas respirer votre commentaires`
• Quand tous les dégoûtés seront partis, il ne restera plus que les dégoûtants
• Please report me at the Moderation Section because I'm spoiling your day

User avatar
Rhodmhire
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17421
Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Rhodmhire » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:33 pm

Hairless Kitten II wrote:Is there an age limit on this thread?

I assume you can't enter the 'debate' when you're over 12 year old?


Your flag fails to arouse me, therefore I disagree.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

User avatar
Anemos Major
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12682
Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Anemos Major » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:33 pm

Hairless Kitten II wrote:Is there an age limit on this thread?

I assume you can't enter the 'debate' when you're over 12 year old?


Yes. That is correct.

Although I think there's something about being a dedicated American in there.

User avatar
Taeshan
Senator
 
Posts: 4526
Founded: Aug 11, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Taeshan » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:33 pm

America hands dwon. considering the fact that we have pretty much owned everyone but the russians, Afghanis, Iraqis, Koreans, and Veitnameese in the past 50 years, and the fact that if you are not our ally you are really scared. Everyone looks at us as a higher military power i would think.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Cup of Harmony 35, World Lacrosse Championship 2, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14

User avatar
Arivada
Senator
 
Posts: 4324
Founded: Jun 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Arivada » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:33 pm

Hairless Kitten II wrote:Is there an age limit on this thread?

I assume you can't enter the 'debate' when you're over 12 year old?

What the...?

98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig

User avatar
Anemos Major
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12682
Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Anemos Major » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:34 pm

Arivada wrote:
Anemos Major wrote:
Khodoristan wrote:US army is best. Best training, equipment, strategies. It has force projection that other nations cannot even imagine.


They can get the troops there, but once they get there they can't really do shit, to be frank.

We've crushed the Panamians,Grenadians,Iraqis,Germans,North Koreans,Japanese etc.


Your crushed Panama and Grenada. Great. Germany was defeated by the USSR, we all know that. The US paid a heavy price fighting the Japanese, but for a small island nation we certainly did well, didn't we. And you may have crushed the North Koreans, but certainly not Mao's hordes of communist troops.

Iraq? Take a look and tell me if you've really won.

User avatar
Uri Land
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 370
Founded: Aug 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Uri Land » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:35 pm

wanna know how america will fall war with china we will piss them off so bad they will kick our ass its also extremely likely

User avatar
Aeredon
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Aug 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Aeredon » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Gynocracy wrote:How do you define 'best?'

If you take it in terms of numbers then obviously, in the long run and with other things being equal, size will win out.

If you take it in terms of quality and pound-for-pound fighting ability, it's a toss-up between Britain and Israel.

My grandad fought in World War Two and he said that the American troops were very good if they had overwhelming superiority but that if they had to fight roughly equal numbers and equipment they were useless!

my grandfather almost went to Korea in the Korean War, and i've just read Catch-22, it's true that for the american army, military intelligence is a complete oxymoron, but *all*(lol) it needs is to get some competent people

User avatar
Hairless Kitten II
Senator
 
Posts: 4198
Founded: Jun 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Best Army in world

Postby Hairless Kitten II » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Arivada wrote:
Hairless Kitten II wrote:Is there an age limit on this thread?

I assume you can't enter the 'debate' when you're over 12 year old?

What the...?


How old are you, kid?

• Vote for The NationStates Razzies 2009
• Any similarities with reality is a mere coincidence
• No mods were harmed during the making of this posting
• Protégez les enfants: ne leur faites pas respirer votre commentaires`
• Quand tous les dégoûtés seront partis, il ne restera plus que les dégoûtants
• Please report me at the Moderation Section because I'm spoiling your day

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arumdaum, The Greater Ohio Valley, Uiiop

Advertisement

Remove ads