NATION

PASSWORD

How much are you spending on textbooks this semester?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Abdju
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Abdju » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Less than £100 :p

several reasons for that though. I've built up my own private library over the years, long before I went to uni, so I have most of the core texts of my subject already at my disposal. I also shopped around and didn't just put in a bulk order at Waterstones or Amazon. I got one book which normally sells for ~£115 for £10, new and sealed. You just have to plan in advance and compare prices.

The final reason is just the advantage of being in a city with good academic resources for my subject. We have several dedicated libraries and societies, and my university is also very strong on my chosen subject, with a very extensive library collection of it's own.

Left/Right -5.25 | Auth/Lib: +2.57 |
"Objectivism really is a Fountainhead of philosophical diarrhea" - derscon
"God Hates Fags But Says It's Okay to Double Dip" - Gauthier

Great Nepal - Tax supporting environment are useless, we can live without it.
Great Nepal - Lions can't fly. Therefore, eagles are superior.
Turan Cumhuriyeti - no you presented lower quality of brain
Greed and Death - Spanish was an Amerindian language.
Sungai Pusat - No, I know exactly what happened. The Titanic had left USA's shores and somewhere near the Arctic Circle
Derscon - I let Jews handle my money, not my penis.
Fevolo - i'm not talking about catholics. i'm talking about christians.

Previous

Return to General