NATION

PASSWORD

I want my America back… and I seem to be getting it.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: I want my America back… and I seem to be getting it.

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:20 pm

Neo Art wrote:A=A motherfuckers! OMG Ron Paul 2012!!1!!1!one!!cos(2*Pi)!!1

Fixed.
Last edited by UnhealthyTruthseeker on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Robustian wrote:
Neo Art wrote:meanwhile, after listing to Barney Frank just utterly lay waste to one of the astroturf "protestors" I've decided that I'm gong to make a trip to the polls in 2010 just to vote for him.

LOL, Barney Frank couldn't think his way out of a paper bag. His voice has been constently one of uncomprehensible stupidity, along with a complete absence of reason or judgement.

I believe Mr. Frank was referring to people like yourself in the comments being referred to, ;)

Robustian
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Robustian » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:22 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:
Robustian wrote:I'm not arguing. There's no need to argue facts. They just exist on their own.

However, unless you support them with some evidence, there's no way we can know what are facts and what aren't. Don't conflate ontological and epistemic problems.

Unless you live in an isolated, uncommunicative, shielded part of the planet, where no other people interact, and no expansive view of present reality is possible, the evidence IS your environment. Not what some joker tells you it is, but what it actually is.

Robustian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Robustian » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Maurepas wrote:
Robustian wrote:
Neo Art wrote:meanwhile, after listing to Barney Frank just utterly lay waste to one of the astroturf "protestors" I've decided that I'm gong to make a trip to the polls in 2010 just to vote for him.

LOL, Barney Frank couldn't think his way out of a paper bag. His voice has been constently one of uncomprehensible stupidity, along with a complete absence of reason or judgement.

I believe Mr. Frank was referring to people like yourself in the comments being referred to, ;)

If Franks called me stupid, it would tend to confirm my well above average IQ.

Exilia and Colonies
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Exilia and Colonies » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Robustian wrote:

Which has no bearing on any position Barney Frank holds or espouses, but lets not let that get in the way of a good rant ;)
VEGAN IS SYMBOLIC OPPRESSION! STOP THE MURDER OF PLANTS! GO SUNLIGHT DIET!

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Robustian wrote:Unless you live in an isolated, uncommunicative, shielded part of the planet, where no other people interact, and no expansive view of present reality is possible, the evidence IS your environment. Not what some joker tells you it is, but what it actually is.

Whoosh.

Ravea
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Robustian wrote:

I'm not a big fan of Barney Frank, but his rebuttal against that LaRoche woman was great.
~Omnia mutantur, nihil interit~

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Robustian wrote:

I'm always amused when the intellect of the Harvard educated Chariman of the House Finance Committee is impugned by some anonymous jackass on the internet. or, in other words, allow me to rephrase your post to be more reflective of what you actually meant:

Will someone PLEASE pay attention to me?
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Robustian wrote:If Franks called me stupid, it would tend to confirm my well above average IQ.

If I ate a banana, Jesus is the son of Patrick Stewart.

Robustian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Robustian » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:25 pm

Maurepas wrote:
Robustian wrote:

Yes, Bawney is known for saying that there is no problem whatsoever with either Fannie or Freddie (he was on the committee overseeing them), and that we needed MORE, not less, subprime lending.

Robustian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Robustian » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Robustian wrote:

I'm always amused when the intellect of the Harvard educated Chariman of the House Finance Committee is impugned by some anonymous jackass on the internet. or, in other words, allow me to rephrase your post to be more reflective of what you actually meant:

Congressman Franks is... STUPID. He has consistently proven he is the epitome of ignorance and cluelessness.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:As it appears to be the only way to get attention here...

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears (Antony, Act III, Scene ii)

erm, I do believe that was Act III Scene ii of Julius Caesar, not Anthony and Cleopatra :p

That scene in Anthony and Cleopatra is, if I recall, a dialogue between Dominitus Enobarbus and Agrippa

I thought it was self-evident. It is one of the more well-known lines from the quill of the Bard.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Phenia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Phenia » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:28 pm

Robustian wrote:
Phenia wrote:
That's not an argument.

I'm not arguing. There's no need to argue facts. They just exist on their own.

It is not a fact that bigotry and racism are more found in the left than the right of the spectrum. White supremacists, neo-nazis, KKK, the old Nazis and all the fascism they represented -- all of them, right-wing, as was Timothy McVeigh, the Branch Davidians, etc etc. You haven't presented one single solitary FACT to back up your claim.

What you did was make a claim. Calling it a "fact" does not magically make it one. What you made was a claim, theoretically arguable, but your refusal to argue in defense of it shows a complete insecurity in the truth of it, and a complete unwillingness to communicate whatsoever. Your "claim" goes unsupported, and, as such - falls flat on its face.

And is dismissed.

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:29 pm

Robustian wrote:Congressman Franks is... STUPID. He has consistently proven he is the epitome of ignorance and cluelessness.

No, he hasn't.
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

Phenia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Phenia » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Robustian wrote:

You know, if you're going to go around accusing other people of stupidity, it might help if you didn't consistently misspell basic words that even incomprehensibly stupid people such as Barney Frank could easily get right. At least, that's my own judgment on the issue, genius.

Anarchic-Marxist
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Anarchic-Marxist » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:33 pm

Phenia wrote:
Robustian wrote:
Phenia wrote:
That's not an argument.

I'm not arguing. There's no need to argue facts. They just exist on their own.

It is not a fact that bigotry and racism are more found in the left than the right of the spectrum. White supremacists, neo-nazis, KKK, the old Nazis and all the fascism they represented -- all of them, right-wing, as was Timothy McVeigh, the Branch Davidians, etc etc. You haven't presented one single solitary FACT to back up your claim.

What you did was make a claim. Calling it a "fact" does not magically make it one. What you made was a claim, theoretically arguable, but your refusal to argue in defense of it shows a complete insecurity in the truth of it, and a complete unwillingness to communicate whatsoever. Your "claim" goes unsupported, and, as such - falls flat on its face.

And is dismissed.

All the white supremacist I know(alot) are Republicans and they hate the leftist.
Last edited by Anarchic-Marxist on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 <3 Happy Hardcore
http://www.happyhardcore.com/radio/player/radio_2.asp
Six little eggs on the run they fuck each other free goes boom dubi doom, wondering when to explode goes boom dubi doom.

Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music. - Marcus Brigstocke

http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconomy.php?nation=Anarchic-Marxist
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.82

Verano de Amor
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Verano de Amor » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:34 pm

Anarchic-Marxist wrote:All the white supremacist I know(alot) are Rebublicans and they hate the leftist.

HEIL SPELLCHECK!

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:38 pm

Robustian wrote:Each of us is born with a blank slate. Our lives are what we make of it.

And there, off in the distance...

(Ring-Ring-Ring) "Da plane! Da plane!"
Such heroic nonsense!

Anarchic-Marxist
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Anarchic-Marxist » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Verano de Amor wrote:
Anarchic-Marxist wrote:All the white supremacist I know(alot) are Rebublicans and they hate the leftist.

HEIL SPELLCHECK!

OMG!!!!!! GRAMMAR-FASCIST!!!!!
1 <3 Happy Hardcore
http://www.happyhardcore.com/radio/player/radio_2.asp
Six little eggs on the run they fuck each other free goes boom dubi doom, wondering when to explode goes boom dubi doom.

Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music. - Marcus Brigstocke

http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconomy.php?nation=Anarchic-Marxist
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.82

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Parthenon wrote:Feudalism is great in my book.

:palm: :palm: :palm:
Feudalism is on the opposite side of the bank from equality.

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:41 pm

Robustian wrote:This is nonsense. Each of us is born with a blank slate. Our lives are what we make of it.

This is nonsense. The blank slate has been thoroughly trounced a long time ago. Tabula rasa is bullshit.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:41 pm

Anarchic-Marxist wrote:
Verano de Amor wrote:

HEIL SPELLCHECK!

OMG!!!!!! GRAMMAR-FASCIST!!!!!

Seems my well intending advice has failed. Alas, I am left with little choice but to consider this thread thoroughly derailed.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General