NATION

PASSWORD

Is it OK to hit a girl?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

In today's society, is it, morally speaking, still worse for a male to hit a female?

Yes
36%
No
48%
Girl fight! Girl fight! Girl fight!
16%

Total votes : 605

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:20 pm

Germania Alliance wrote:Women demand equal rights, and so they should be treated as such.

If a guy assaults me, I'll fight back. If a woman assaults me, I'll fight back. Equal rights, and not that I have anything against women, but if you want to be treated like a man then you're going to be treated like a man.

So only bum sex from now on?
I identify as
a problem

Germania Alliance
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Germania Alliance » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:21 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Germania Alliance wrote:Women demand equal rights, and so they should be treated as such.

If a guy assaults me, I'll fight back. If a woman assaults me, I'll fight back. Equal rights, and not that I have anything against women, but if you want to be treated like a man then you're going to be treated like a man.

I'd rather have no sex in that case.
NOTICE!

Slowly moving my main over to The Germania Alliance.

If you can, please telegram that nation instead of this one. On top of that, I'll be posting with that nation occasionally. Just treat it as if it were this nation; socially, economically and militarily.

Katonazag
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Katonazag » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:22 pm

To the OP:

The only time it's ok for a man to hit a woman is if the woman has a deadly weapon or is endangering life. Otherwise, when force must be used to end a violent confrontation in said scenario, restraining her or putting her to the floor is more apropos. Throwing closed-fist punches is reserved for man-to-man.

Primorea
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Primorea » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:23 pm

I completely agree. Don't you think women went from "we want equal rights" to "we want more priveleges"? I wouldn't be surprised if women made the rule saying it's not OK to hit a girl. But hey, I have nothing against women. I think both genders should be treated equally, and women should not be treated better than men.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:24 pm

Katonazag wrote:To the OP:

The only time it's ok for a man to hit a woman is if the woman has a deadly weapon or is endangering life. Otherwise, when force must be used to end a violent confrontation in said scenario, restraining her or putting her to the floor is more apropos. Throwing closed-fist punches is reserved for man-to-man.

Why?

Vaginas emit a no-fist field?
I identify as
a problem

Primorea
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Primorea » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:25 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:

If a law is proposed saying only anal sex is allowed, the human race will die out from lack of reproduction. I hope no one would imply that.

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:26 pm

Why wouldn't you do the same for a man? It seems to me that less people would get hurt that way.
. ♕ I am your LORD and saviour, for I am Jesus Christina Confess your sins, and ye shall be forgiven. ❤ .
One of Le Sexiest NSers 2013. Call me ¡¥. Now a fascist because rape is bad, mmkay.
Meet the TET Pantheon
"What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you cry with you or kiss you, I love you." - Evey (V for Vendetta)
Alleniana wrote:
New Manvir wrote:Well, it's obvious the Native Americans didn't really have a history. They were just loafing about, waiting for some white people to show up so the real fun could start.

The party don't start till I walk in
-Tik Tok, by Christopher Columbus

Germania Alliance
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Germania Alliance » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:27 pm

Then in that case, the human race would depend on the rapists.

But wouldn't that mean that the child would be illegal?

I shudder to think.
NOTICE!

If you can, please telegram that nation instead of this one. On top of that, I'll be posting with that nation occasionally. Just treat it as if it were this nation; socially, economically and militarily.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:28 pm

Gravida wrote:I say it's wrong to hit a girl.

If males can prove that we're still capable of chivalry, perhaps the women's rights people will quiet down and get back to making sammiches.

Not sure women enjoy being treated as helpless widdle children any more than you would.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:30 pm

Primorea wrote:

I completely agree. Don't you think women went from "we want equal rights" to "we want more priveleges"? I wouldn't be surprised if women made the rule saying it's not OK to hit a girl. But hey, I have nothing against women. I think both genders should be treated equally, and women should not be treated better than men.

Nobody likes to be hit, but the concept of women being weak, laughable shits stretches back far before the equal rights movement.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Nova Nacio
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Nacio » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:30 pm

Only if deserved, especially in self-defense, should anyone male, female , or otherwise, does someone deserve to be hit.

Like I do. For stating the bloody obvious!

Katonazag
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Katonazag » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:33 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:

Why?

Because generally, it's an uneven match. It's not what a gentlemen does when faced with the scenario. So yes, my opinion here comes from my personal set of morals and ethics.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:34 pm

Katonazag wrote:Because generally, it's an uneven match.

I guess you don't understand: fighting, like, actual fighting, isn't a game.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Katonazag
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Katonazag » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:36 pm

Freelanderness wrote:

Why wouldn't you do the same for a man? It seems to me that less people would get hurt that way.

Depends if it's of a personal nature or not. I've handled plenty of people due to my job, both men and women, and those aren't personal. I've never used a closed-fist, elbow, or knee strike on any of them - in fact, I could go to jail for doing so unless they're about to overpower me.

If it's personal, I very much do intend to hurt the other man. Badly. That's not something appropriate to do to a woman, even if it's personal.

Germania Alliance
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Germania Alliance » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:37 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Katonazag wrote:Because generally, it's an uneven match.

I guess you don't understand: fighting, like, actual fighting, isn't a game.

The only "uneven" match I could imagine is a man approaching an unarmed woman with a firearm, but that's already criminal and goes both ways.

If a woman came after me and hit me, I'd probably let it slip. If she repeatedly hit me, I'd hit her back, and it would escalate from there on out.
NOTICE!

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:39 pm

Katonazag wrote:
Freelanderness wrote:Why wouldn't you do the same for a man? It seems to me that less people would get hurt that way.

Depends if it's of a personal nature or not. I've handled plenty of people due to my job, both men and women, and those aren't personal. I've never used a closed-fist, elbow, or knee strike on any of them - in fact, I could go to jail for doing so unless they're about to overpower me.

If it's personal, I very much do intend to hurt the other man. Badly. That's not something appropriate to do to a woman, even if it's personal.

So you only hurt men who have similar muscle mass and height to you?

I don't get it. If the whole point is to hurt somebody, then why the fuck do you want them to be able to resist?
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:39 pm

Primorea wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:

If a law is proposed saying only anal sex is allowed, the human race will die out from lack of reproduction. I hope no one would imply that.

If they want to be treated like a man, they're going to be treated like a man. You can't stick your dick in a man's vagina, because he doesn't have one - so women who want equality can only get bum sex.

QED.
I identify as
a problem

Gilthador
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gilthador » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:39 pm

It is as OK as it is to hit a boy or anyone else. If they hit first or otherwise earned it, than yes.
(A)_______________Anarchist Communism_______________(A)

Strebedia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Strebedia » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:41 pm

Yes, its OK if they are annoying the fuck out of you with their naggy tone of voice.
CLICK HERE FOR SOME RANDOMNESS
YOU NEED TO SEE THIS THREAD!!! IT'S SO FUNNY!!!
Colony(s)
Vaproda
Kaiserin (Empress): Elizabeth Steiner
Chancellor: Richard von Belcredi
Political Views: Centrist Left-Leaning Democracy
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 1
WARS
Albaie Civil War- Royalist And Strebedian Victory
Great Saravite War- Strebedian And Coalition VIctory
Why can't you follow simple instructions
Getting Away From The Mods
Eaglleia wrote:
The Stupidheads wrote:Says who?

The Mods.

Eaglleia wrote:
The Stupidheads wrote:Who's the Mods?

Never mind.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:41 pm

Katonazag wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
Why?

Because generally, it's an uneven match. It's not what a gentlemen does when faced with the scenario. So yes, my opinion here comes from my personal set of morals and ethics.

A 'gentleman' doesn't go around beating on anyone, male or female - so I don't see what that has to do with it.

As for it being an uneven match, when I was walking home one day, age about 12, I got attacked by a couple of kids a couple of years older than me. I fought back, because it being an 'uneven match' seems irrelevant when someone is trying to kick you repeatedly in the face.
I identify as
a problem

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:43 pm

Strebedia wrote:Yes, its OK if they are annoying the fuck out of you with their naggy tone of voice.

Sean Connery?
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Verdisia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Verdisia » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:45 pm

If she hit you first, maybe, and if she clearly intends to do you harm.

If someone (male or female) just loses their cool, the wiser course is not one of retaliation.

If you need to defend yourself however, incapacitate her if possible.

Katonazag
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Katonazag » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:45 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Katonazag wrote:

So you only hurt men who have similar muscle mass and height to you?

I don't get it. If the whole point is to hurt somebody, then why the fuck do you want them to be able to resist?

No, I'm actually less physically intimidating than most. I'm just naturally more vicious, something which I have to be disciplined about and spend a lot of energy restraining. And you actually hit on the point - it depends on whether I intend to hurt them or not. If I don't intend to hurt them, and it's a physical fight, they are likely going to end up in handcuffs or medical restraints.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:46 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:A 'gentleman' doesn't go around beating on anyone, male or female - so I don't see what that has to do with it.

His concept of "gentlemanly" might date back to when it was okay to fistfight, or even shoot or stab, those who upset you, provided it was all done "fair". :/
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:46 pm

Katonazag wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:So you only hurt men who have similar muscle mass and height to you?

No, I'm actually less physically intimidating than most. I'm just naturally more vicious, something which I have to be disciplined about and spend a lot of energy restraining. And you actually hit on the point - it depends on whether I intend to hurt them or not. If I don't intend to hurt them, and it's a physical fight, they are likely going to end up in handcuffs or medical restraints.

Why is it okay to intend to hurt a man, but not a woman?
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General