NATION

PASSWORD

Is it OK to hit a girl?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

In today's society, is it, morally speaking, still worse for a male to hit a female?

Yes
36%
No
48%
Girl fight! Girl fight! Girl fight!
16%

Total votes : 605

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:56 pm

Katonazag wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:
Why is it alright to hurt men for your pride's sake, but not women? Are women not worthy of being taken seriously, or what?

See, kicking someone when they're down isn't fair. That's because actual fights aren't about "fairness", so I don't know how that factors into hitting women.

Because hitting a woman doesn't help my pride at all.

So engaging in violence is about giving you some kind of thrill, and women just don't do it for you?
I identify as
a problem

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:10 pm

If it's a situation in which I'd hit a guy... yeah, I'd hit a girl. I'm not sexist.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:14 pm

Only if she didn't get the laundry done before I got home.
Has that joke been made yet?

Seriosuly? I don't know if I would/could bring myself to hit a girl. Not because of any concern for their safety but for mine. Women are much more dangerous fighters than men. No honor (kidding, I mean no-holds barred)
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:23 pm

The rules of Combat Pragmatism say you should make no distinction between genders in a fight. :ugeek:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... Pragmatist
Last edited by Genivaria on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Varshna
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Varshna » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:37 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Varshna wrote:I don't have the time to sit here and argue with someone.

Then why the fuck are you posting in a debate thread?

Because I feel like doing it. But still you should respect a lady. I do because I am a nice guy and not some jerk that only cares about getting pussy, I don't care if I get some or not, I care more about the personality.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:39 pm

Varshna wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:
Then why the fuck are you posting in a debate thread?

Because I feel like doing it. But still you should respect a lady. I do because I am a nice guy and not some jerk that only cares about getting pussy, I don't care if I get some or not, I care more about the personality.

I respect women as human beings and men's equals, nothing more, nothing less. I don't see that as being a "jerk".
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Varshna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Varshna » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:48 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Varshna wrote:Because I feel like doing it. But still you should respect a lady. I do because I am a nice guy and not some jerk that only cares about getting pussy, I don't care if I get some or not, I care more about the personality.

I respect women as human beings and men's equals, nothing more, nothing less. I don't see that as being a "jerk".

Well a jerk uses women as a sexual napkin and leaves her. There is the definaition. :clap:
Last edited by Varshna on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:57 am

Varshna wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:I respect women as human beings and men's equals, nothing more, nothing less. I don't see that as being a "jerk".

Well a jerk uses women as a sexual napkin and leaves her. There is the definaition. :clap:

Are you saying that I am obligated to stay with a woman after I've fucked her? Is she similarly obligated to stay with me?
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Speculine
Envoy

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Speculine » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:02 am

Saying it's not ok to hit a girl is sexist.
It's saying that they are weaker and should not be treated equally.

I wouldn't hit hit anybody, male or female, unless they hit me first
and believe that conflicts can be resolved with more civility than that.

But seriously, saying it's not ok because she is female is straight up sexist.
Factbook, still in the works
National Leader: Emperor Maximus Serpentus
WA Representative: Ambassador Antony Zethicus

Australien
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Australien » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:06 am

No more or less acceptable to hit a female than a male.
My Political Compass:
http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-2.12&soc=-1.95

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic -Joseph Stalin

Orangi
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Orangi » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:07 am

So long as she hits you first, bud. Doesn't matter what we look like or who we are, you hit somebody, expect to get hit back.
The Sovereign Republic of Orangi: World Assembly Member

Australien
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Australien » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:10 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Varshna wrote:Well a jerk uses women as a sexual napkin and leaves her. There is the definaition. :clap:

Are you saying that I am obligated to stay with a woman after I've fucked her? Is she similarly obligated to stay with me?

Make them a breakfast as a way of saying thanks. :P
My Political Compass:

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic -Joseph Stalin

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:14 am

Australien wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Are you saying that I am obligated to stay with a woman after I've fucked her? Is she similarly obligated to stay with me?

Make them a breakfast as a way of saying thanks. :P

Maybe they should thank me? Why am I always being objectified as nothing more than a sandwich-making fuck doll? There's more to me as a person than getting off my clothes, dammit.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Australien
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Australien » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:16 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Australien wrote:Make them a breakfast as a way of saying thanks. :P

Maybe they should thank me? Why am I always being objectified as nothing more than a sandwich-making fuck doll? There's more to me as a person than getting off my clothes, dammit.

Because you are the one who is either leaving or staying, as such I assume you're at their home.
Reverse the roles and they should be thanking you.
My Political Compass:

Arkere
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkere » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:17 am

Not a matter of gender.
Generally violence isn't the right way of getting anything across.
There are, though, those strange cases of mutual consenting violence where it's not only OK, but core of the matter. This does include certain practices of obtaining satisfaction (I'm told they are often not even sexual in nature per se but often have a strong link to that area), or sports like boxing. That's all OK for people who are into it, but not my cup of coffee.
You can bet on it, though, that I try to do my very best to defend myself against anyone, male, female or zombie, in which case I assume that their consent to my violent reaction is implicitly given in their violent action against me.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:17 am

Australien wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Maybe they should thank me? Why am I always being objectified as nothing more than a sandwich-making fuck doll? There's more to me as a person than getting off my clothes, dammit.

Because you are the one who is either leaving or staying, as such I assume you're at their home.

I was talking in the context of staying in a relationship.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Australien
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Australien » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:23 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Australien wrote:Because you are the one who is either leaving or staying, as such I assume you're at their home.

I was talking in the context of staying in a relationship.

Well in that case:
Leave, if you want. It'd be a bit of a dick move if you knew that they expected you to stay and you had no intention to, but if they didn't make that clear then you aren't obligated to.
My Political Compass:

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:55 am

Australien wrote:It'd be a bit of a dick move if you knew that they expected you to stay and you had no intention to,

Are you saying that they aren't having sex with me because they enjoy it, but as payment for loyalty?
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Australien
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Australien » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:05 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Australien wrote:It'd be a bit of a dick move if you knew that they expected you to stay and you had no intention to,

Are you saying that they aren't having sex with me because they enjoy it, but as payment for loyalty?

I'm not saying it's something I respect a person for doing, but it is something people do. You've pretty much swept all the bullshit off it, because that is what it boils down to most of the time.
But would you not agree that it would be a dick move to sleep with them knowing that they expected your loyalty, and you had no intention of being loyal to them?
My Political Compass:

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:09 am

Australien wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Are you saying that they aren't having sex with me because they enjoy it, but as payment for loyalty?

I'm not saying it's something I respect a person for doing, but it is something people do. You've pretty much swept all the bullshit off it, because that is what it boils down to most of the time.
But would you not agree that it would be a dick move to sleep with them knowing that they expected your loyalty, and you had no intention of being loyal to them?

It would be a dick move to be dishonest, not to sleep with them. If they expect loyalty, that isn't my problem. If they expect loyalty in exchange for sex, that isn't my problem. if they expect loyalty because I promise it, that is very much my problem.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Australien
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Australien » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:23 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Australien wrote:I'm not saying it's something I respect a person for doing, but it is something people do. You've pretty much swept all the bullshit off it, because that is what it boils down to most of the time.

It would be a dick move to be dishonest, not to sleep with them. If they expect loyalty, that isn't my problem. If they expect loyalty in exchange for sex, that isn't my problem. if they expect loyalty because I promise it, that is very much my problem.

Yes, I suppose I didn't make a good distinction between you knowing they expect it and you promising to deliver it.
My Political Compass:

Varshna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Varshna » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:32 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Varshna wrote:Well a jerk uses women as a sexual napkin and leaves her. There is the definaition. :clap:

You have your opinion and I got mine. I guess I am different because I actually care about the women I hang with...which is sad and pathetic. :palm:

Zeth Rekia
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeth Rekia » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:35 am

Usually, hitting anyone is a tell tale sign that there's something wrong with you.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:35 am

Varshna wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Are you saying that I am obligated to stay with a woman after I've fucked her? Is she similarly obligated to stay with me?

You have your opinion and I got mine. I guess I am different because I actually care about the women I hang with...which is sad and pathetic. :palm:

Viewing sex as a transaction is what's pathetic, really. It implies that the woman doesn't enjoy it as much as you do.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Varshna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Varshna » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:38 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Varshna wrote:You have your opinion and I got mine. I guess I am different because I actually care about the women I hang with...which is sad and pathetic. :palm:

Viewing sex as a transaction is what's pathetic, really. It implies that the woman doesn't enjoy it as much as you do.

You wouldn't know what a relationship was if it smacked you square in your face. This is actually pretty entertaining. :lol2:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General