NATION

PASSWORD

Logical Homophobia

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aeronos
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeronos » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:30 am

Xsyne wrote:It is in my own best interest to maximize my chance of survival and minimize my competitor's chance of survival. Therefore, if I identify a difference between myself and a competitor, I can vilify it. With time, luck, and skill, society at large will come to view this difference as a negative, creating a situation where society benefits me at the expense of at least one competitor. Then repeat, for a different difference. Eventually I will be on top, and everyone else will be on the bottom. Since I'm heterosexual, homosexuality is one difference that I can attack, and one that is common enough to give me a leg up over a great many people.

Then surely I'm superior to heterosexuals because, as a bisexual, I'd be less fussy over the gender identity of my mate, and thus be more likely to reproduce? ;)
My Political Compass
Economic: Left/Right (2.18)
Social: Libertarian/Authoritarian (-9.71)

Note: I am female, so please get the pronoun right!

Agadar
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:30 am

GeneralHaNor wrote:
Desperate Measures wrote:That only happens when I know it's play... like during a roleplay scenario or something.

Nope, happens when it's real too.
Like that time I was raped.

Oh come on, you still haven't forgiven me about that? I've already apologized like five times. Forgive and forget, man. Forgive and forget. Besides, we all know you enjoyed it as much as I did.
Proud resident of The Western Isles, the #1 role-playing region!
Developer of Telegrammer, NS API Java Wrapper, and more!

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:33 am

On topic now, I don't believe phobias (fear/hatred in this one case), by definition, have any logic, as "phobia" is defined as "an irrational fear".

Secular Sweden
Envoy

Founded: Apr 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Secular Sweden » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:36 am

I have a kind of heterofobia; I am afraid idiots will overpopulate the world.

6,903,155,669 and counting...
You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded. Because the elements, the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars. And the only way they could get into your body is if the stars were kind enough to explode.

So forget Jesus. The stars died so you could be here today.

Snot Sniper
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Snot Sniper » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:37 am

Xsyne wrote:It is in my own best interest to maximize my chance of survival and minimize my competitor's chance of survival. Therefore, if I identify a difference between myself and a competitor, I can vilify it. With time, luck, and skill, society at large will come to view this difference as a negative, creating a situation where society benefits me at the expense of at least one competitor. Then repeat, for a different difference. Eventually I will be on top, and everyone else will be on the bottom. Since I'm heterosexual, homosexuality is one difference that I can attack, and one that is common enough to give me a leg up over a great many people.

Good try at Devil's Advocate.

So you'll vilify differences.

If their skin is a different color from yours for instance, you'd vilify that. How well does that work if you're in a community where everyone has their skin color and you're the odd one out? Really badly I think.

How does that work if you're in a community where everyone is straight, and you vilify one of (or all of) the straights? Quite badly I think.

Doesn't it only ever work when you pick on a minority? And even then it fails if {minority + sympathizers} outnumber {you + sympathizers}. Otherwise it fails.
I am going to change my name soon. Shooting other posters with boogers, it turns out, isn't what I want to be known for.
Proposed new name:
Ailiailia. TG me with suggestions or criticism.

Xsyne
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Xsyne » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:38 am

Aeronos wrote:

Then surely I'm superior to heterosexuals because, as a bisexual, I'd be less fussy over the gender identity of my mate, and thus be more likely to reproduce? ;)

You could try that, but it's best to avoid having any of the groups deemed inferior constitute a majority of the population. That way, things can only change if multiple groups ally, and humans being rather tribal, this is not all that likely.
If global warming is real, why are there still monkeys? - Msigroeg
Pro: Stuff
Anti: Things
Chernoslavia wrote:
Free Soviets wrote:according to both the law library of congress and wikipedia, both automatics and semi-autos that can be easily converted are outright banned in norway.

Source?

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:42 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Considering it is very difficult to determine someone's sexuality without them telling you or otherwise making it blatantly apparent(ie going to a gay bar, joining a gay dating site, etc), that is a very irrational way to go through life.

Since when does going to a gay bar make you gay?

I was shortening what I meant to say; Seeking gay relationships in public. Probably not the best decision, mind.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

GeneralHaNor
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby GeneralHaNor » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:56 am

Aeronos wrote:Then surely I'm superior to heterosexuals because, as a bisexual, I'd be less fussy over the gender identity of my mate, and thus be more likely to reproduce? ;)

That doesn't follow at all

You are certainly more likely to get laid, but still equal or less then likely to reproduce.
Victorious Decepticons wrote:If they said "this is what you enjoy so do this" and handed me a stack of my favorite video games, then it'd be far different. But governments don't work that way. They'd hand me a dishrag...
And I'd hand them an insurgency.
Trotskylvania wrote:Don't kid yourself. The state is a violent, destructive institution of class dictatorship. The fact that the proles have bargained themselves the drippings from their master's plates doesn't legitimize the state.

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:30 am

Snot Sniper wrote:
Lexembourg wrote:
I see... I find it hard to reconcile myself with the idea of me having a breeding advantage over straight men. The fact that I don't sleep with women seems to fly in the face of such a concept.

Also, don't you think that's a pretty shocking generalisation, that gay men get more sex? I can guarantee that for this homosexual, it certainly is not true.

I agree. That was what Sociobiology said and I was paraphrasing rather than making the argument myself. I may have misrepresented it.

Though it would explain somewhat the common phenomenon of predominantly straight young people going with their own gender in their teens. They're practicing. Of course, an equally persuasive explanation is that they're horny as hell and any sex is better than no sex. :lol:

the breeding advantage is on average, it does not apply to each and every individual. this is statistics 101. This is the ground state of any advantage, it only has to be an advantage on average for it to persist in a population, gay men have on average more sexual partners than straight men, it not a generalization it is a statistical difference based on hundreds of studies
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15466599
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/brill/beh/2011/00000148/00000003/art00004?token=005c1a0e320a5747b56e58654624313842316b35217e6b6c44705e4e2663433b393f6a333f25669716abb95a91e4
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Aeronos
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeronos » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:32 am

GeneralHaNor wrote:
Aeronos wrote:Then surely I'm superior to heterosexuals because, as a bisexual, I'd be less fussy over the gender identity of my mate, and thus be more likely to reproduce? ;)

That doesn't follow at all

You are certainly more likely to get laid, but still equal or less then likely to reproduce.

You can get men who look more effeminate, and thus not really attractive to straight females, ergo I'm more likely to reproduce more, no? :P
My Political Compass
Economic: Left/Right (2.18)
Social: Libertarian/Authoritarian (-9.71)

Note: I am female, so please get the pronoun right!

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:33 am

statistically and behaviorally homosexuals and bisexuals group together as the same group only differing by personal label not behavior.
much live race it is a scientifically meaningless division in humans.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:37 am

you got it, just remember it is not a decision made consciously it is just a genetic instinctual proclivity for said behavior. basically the brain is wired to make said behavior more likely to arise. so of course is you knowingly adopt the behavior it makes you a dick.
Last edited by Sociobiology on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Lexembourg wrote:
Sociobiology wrote:practice is the other factor, humans who have more practice at sex (even non-reproductive) preform better and have more offspring, this is the reason forThe evolution of the existence of homosexuality in males.

Wow, this really is a fascinating insight. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the impression I get is that I'm gay because my parents were both players?

Seriously though, how can more sex possibly make people gay? I'm so confused by this line of thinking.

it doesn't you are misunderstanding, having more sex is a statistical result (on average) of being gay, not the other way around. edit in red added for clarity

Cruciland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cruciland » Sat May 12, 2012 10:34 am

Mosasauria wrote:
Snot Sniper wrote:
No. The object of attraction is not alive.

In regard to that, if the object is no longer alive and is thus inanimate, should we really be concerned?

Atta boy, Mosasauria! 8)
THREADS SINGLE-HANDEDLY KILLED: 29 | Beliefs IBeliefs IIBeliefs III
Crucilandians - Old Capital - New Capital | A 4.8 civilization, according to this index.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:If the absence of secularism wasn't enough to scare our people, the rate of which the doomsday button is pressed by them sure settled the matter.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Cruciland, I just want to say, your nation is frightening.

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:My advice to you, dear Gordano-Lysandus, is to run. Or hide. Maybe not hiding, because the Crucilandians will find you, and by their god, you will be assimilated.

Furious Grandmothers
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Furious Grandmothers » Sat May 12, 2012 10:36 am

Cruciland wrote:
Mosasauria wrote:In regard to that, if the object is no longer alive and is thus inanimate, should we really be concerned?

Atta boy, Mosasauria! 8)

Looking at your post count, I would expect you to know what a gravedig is.
Code: Select all

Cruciland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cruciland » Sat May 12, 2012 10:37 am

Furious Grandmothers wrote:
Cruciland wrote:Atta boy, Mosasauria! 8)

Looking at your post count, I would expect you to know what a gravedig is.

Oh, dear... How old is this thread?!
THREADS SINGLE-HANDEDLY KILLED: 29 | Beliefs IBeliefs IIBeliefs III
Crucilandians - Old Capital - New Capital | A 4.8 civilization, according to this index.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:If the absence of secularism wasn't enough to scare our people, the rate of which the doomsday button is pressed by them sure settled the matter.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Cruciland, I just want to say, your nation is frightening.

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:My advice to you, dear Gordano-Lysandus, is to run. Or hide. Maybe not hiding, because the Crucilandians will find you, and by their god, you will be assimilated.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Sat May 12, 2012 10:38 am

I saw this on the front page and thought Unhealthy2 was somehow back. It was pretty disappointing.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sat May 12, 2012 10:39 am

Meryuma wrote:I saw this on the front page and thought Unhealthy2 was somehow back. It was pretty disappointing.

My thoughts exactly. Then I saw that I was the first responder and was like "da fuq".

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sat May 12, 2012 10:39 am

Cruciland wrote:
Mosasauria wrote:In regard to that, if the object is no longer alive and is thus inanimate, should we really be concerned?

Atta boy, Mosasauria! 8)

NECROMANCER! Burn them at the stake!
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Sat May 12, 2012 10:44 am

Cruciland wrote:

Atta boy, Mosasauria! 8)

The object of your posting is no longer alive and thus ought to have remained inanimate.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Sat May 12, 2012 11:02 am

Turn undead!
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 12, 2012 11:03 am

Stop that, you're never going to have a harem unless you're rich.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Rex Tyrannorum
Attaché

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rex Tyrannorum » Sat May 12, 2012 11:06 am

Ceannairceach wrote:
Tmutarakhan wrote:You're forgetting that if kids are taught that homosexuality is normal, they won't reproduce, and the whole species will become extinct in a generation.

Oh, how could I forget the homosexual human extinction theory? Many thanks.

You just got satire'd.

EDIT: Also, a phobia is an irrational fear. So, nothing logical or irrational about it either.
Last edited by Rex Tyrannorum on Sat May 12, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle Rex Tyrannorum wants YOU to join The Axis of Evil!

Heteroflexible bi-curious AND PROUD OF IT! ^w^

Ⓐ Anarcho-Communist ★ BETTER FAGGOT THAN BIGOT.

Evangelical lutheran neopietist - gnostic theist!

Mosasauria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosasauria » Sat May 12, 2012 11:07 am

Cruciland wrote:

Atta boy, Mosasauria! 8)

Oh the irony... You grave-dig a thread over a necrophiliac comment...
Under New Management since 8/9/12

Rex Tyrannorum
Attaché

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rex Tyrannorum » Sat May 12, 2012 11:09 am

Mosasauria wrote:
Cruciland wrote:Atta boy, Mosasauria! 8)

Oh the irony... You grave-dig a thread over a necrophiliac comment...

*laughing my balls off*
Uncle Rex Tyrannorum wants YOU to join The Axis of Evil!

Heteroflexible bi-curious AND PROUD OF IT! ^w^

Ⓐ Anarcho-Communist ★ BETTER FAGGOT THAN BIGOT.

Evangelical lutheran neopietist - gnostic theist!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General