NATION

PASSWORD

Obama without his teleprompter

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Obama without his teleprompter

Postby Arkinesia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:48 am

Seriously, what the hell?

Obama says MoH recipient is not dead, actually is dead.

WASHINGTON — The White House is confirming that President Obama misspoke about a Medal of Honor winner coming home alive during comments at Fort Drum in upstate New York.

Addressing soldiers of the 10th Mountain Division on Thursday, Obama said one of their comrades was the first person he had awarded the Medal of Honor who wasn’t receiving it posthumously. In fact, the soldier, Sgt. 1st Class Jared Monti, was killed in action.

Obama spokesman Josh Earnest says the president misspoke. He noted that Obama paid tribute to Monti in remarks to troops in Afghanistan in March 2010. But Salvatore Giunta was the first living recipient of the medal among veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Earnest wouldn’t confirm an ABC report that Obama had called Monti’s family and apologized.

I'm not going to wax eloquent about how Obama is an evil man or anything, but what I am going to say is what the fuck? How do you screw that up? Granted, he apologized, but honestly this is a top-grade mistake, imo.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:52 am

Really?

I mean yeah, that's pretty bad, but the guy does a lot of talking. Getting something wrong is expected, on occasion... Obama's been much better than most in terms of fucking things up.
"Twats love flags." - Yootopia

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:55 am

Arkinesia wrote:Seriously, what the hell?

WASHINGTON — The White House is confirming that President Obama misspoke about a Medal of Honor winner coming home alive during comments at Fort Drum in upstate New York.

Addressing soldiers of the 10th Mountain Division on Thursday, Obama said one of their comrades was the first person he had awarded the Medal of Honor who wasn’t receiving it posthumously. In fact, the soldier, Sgt. 1st Class Jared Monti, was killed in action.

Obama spokesman Josh Earnest says the president misspoke. He noted that Obama paid tribute to Monti in remarks to troops in Afghanistan in March 2010. But Salvatore Giunta was the first living recipient of the medal among veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Earnest wouldn’t confirm an ABC report that Obama had called Monti’s family and apologized.

I'm not going to wax eloquent about how Obama is an evil man or anything, but what I am going to say is what the fuck? How do you screw that up? Granted, he apologized, but honestly this is a top-grade mistake, imo.

Given he was paying tribute to Said comrade such a minor mix up can be forgiven. We all wish everyone could come home as I am certain that was the idea the President was trying to raise.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:57 am

People make mistakes, but you know *SOME PARTISAN ATTACK, REFERENCE TO HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT, $100 A GALLON GAS, AND HORSES SODOMIZING SCHOOL CHILDREN*, I think America is ready to hire a new President in 2012.

*THIS IS A POLITICAL MESSAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE
Last edited by Mike the Progressive on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serrland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Serrland » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:02 am

I bet his communication advisers are feeling silly right now...

Coccygia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Coccygia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:28 am

By God this proves it. This man is utterly unfit to hold any public office, let alone the highest office in the land. Also he is a Kenyan, a Muslim, and a card-carrying Communist who wants to turn America into a Soviet-style dictatorship. We must act now to free our beloved country!*

*I should probably add the word *sarcasm* but that would spoil it.
"Nobody deserves anything. You get what you get." - House
"Hope is for sissies." - House
“Qokedy qokedy dal qokedy qokedy." - The Voynich Manuscript
"We're not ordinary people - we're morons!" - Jerome Horwitz
"A book, any book, is a sacred object." - Jorge Luis Borges
"I am a survivor. I am like a cockroach, you just can't get rid of me." - Madonna

Vonners
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Vonners » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:52 am

Coccygia wrote:By God this proves it. This man is utterly unfit to hold any public office, let alone the highest office in the land. Also he is a Kenyan, a Muslim, and a card-carrying Communist who wants to turn America into a Soviet-style dictatorship. We must act now to free our beloved country!*

*I should probably add the word *sarcasm* but that would spoil it.

Nuke Hawaii now!
Beer - the other white meat

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:58 am

Are we still trying this routine? Really?

Look, I know you all were bent out of shape that ol' GW said a catastrophically stupid thing on a nearly daily basis and we made calenders out of his flubs, etc. and you were sitting there with your tivos all ready for the slightest slip up from the new guy so you could go, "Oh, but you made so much of Bush's slips..." But honestly, is it too much to ask that you actually come up with your own material instead of just trying to shoehorn 'Bushisms' onto the new guy?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Hallistar
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:00 pm

Yeah bush fucked up way more than Obama ever could, Obama was still commemorating the man and people do make mistakes

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Are we still trying this routine? Really?

Look, I know you all were bent out of shape that ol' GW said a catastrophically stupid thing on a nearly daily basis and we made calenders out of his flubs, etc. and you were sitting there with your tivos all ready for the slightest slip up from the new guy so you could go, "Oh, but you made so much of Bush's slips..." But honestly, is it too much to ask that you actually come up with your own material instead of just trying to shoehorn 'Bushisms' onto the new guy?

You're inferring a lot of things that were not mentioned and are not true.

Now would you like to stop flailing your arms about or would you like me to explain why this is such bad press?

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Kashyr
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kashyr » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Everybody misreads/mispeaks from time to time. It's nothing to persecute the guy about.
Alter Ego of Cyber Utopia

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Kashyr wrote:Everybody misreads/mispeaks from time to time. It's nothing to persecute the guy about.

Remember Bush.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Zhugyu
Spokesperson

Founded: May 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhugyu » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Arkinesia wrote:Seriously, what the hell?

Obama is a marketing campaign. He's like a walking talking Benneton ad, but for American imperialism instead of Italian fashion. In his own way he is as vapid and hollow as Bush. I am not surprised by this at all.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Arkinesia wrote:How do you screw that up?

Easy: having a job that requires constant public speaking with constant press attention. I doubt either one of us would do much better.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Kashyr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kashyr » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:55 pm

greed and death wrote:Remember Bush.

He made such mistakes a bit more frequently than your average politician.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Kashyr wrote:

He made such mistakes a bit more frequently than your average politician.

Pssh, naw, he was just going for folksy, ya know? :roll:

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Bush is closer to Biden than Obama.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Kashyr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kashyr » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:Pssh, naw, he was just going for folksy, ya know? :roll:

I don't follow.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:03 pm

Kashyr wrote:
Mike the Progressive wrote:Pssh, naw, he was just going for folksy, ya know? :roll:

I don't follow.

Are you an American? You kind of have to be to get it.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

Bush is closer to Biden than Obama.

Ain't that the truth. For any misspeaking you could nab Obama for, Biden's had four in his speaking.

Kashyr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kashyr » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:12 pm

Farnhamia wrote:Are you an American? You kind of have to be to get it.

That would explain why I don't :p

Occupied Poland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Poland » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:12 pm

breaking news: Human being messes up speech

:palm:
Current Colony of Czechoslovakia.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Arkinesia wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Bush is closer to Biden than Obama.

Ain't that the truth. For any misspeaking you could nab Obama for, Biden's had four in his speaking.

And Bush had eight. I did read somewhere that Bush only screwed up on issus he didn't care about, though. Never did any research on that, I have to admit.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:15 pm

greed and death wrote:
Kashyr wrote:Everybody misreads/mispeaks from time to time. It's nothing to persecute the guy about.

Remember Bush.

Stop minunderestimating him you unedumacated moron!

Seriously. Obama falling down drunk is still a better speaker then the shrub.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:16 pm

Clearly Obama misunderestimated his communicative abilities.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General