NATION

PASSWORD

Housecleaning - what do you hate the most?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What homework do you hate the most

Cleaning the dishes and the kitchen
19%
Dusting
9%
Washing the floor
11%
Washing clothes
No votes
Ironing clothes
4%
Cleaning outside (balcony, garden, yard)
7%
Cleaning windows and mirrors
2%
Cleaning the bathroom
30%
Somebody else does it all
5%
I like to live in a pigsty
14%

Total votes : 57

Seishin no Ryuu
Envoy

Founded: Aug 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Housecleaning - what do you hate the most?

Postby Seishin no Ryuu » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:34 pm

GetBert wrote:All of it, I am working up to Diogenes syndrome

:rofl: Diogenes syndrom :rofl:

Bad Pasta
Lobbyist

Founded: May 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bad Pasta » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:10 pm

Cleaning the oven. Not good. :(

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:38 am

there not being enough hours in a day to do everything i need to,
let alone everything i want to and sleep too.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:03 am

Vacuuming is horrible since the vacuum cleaner makes this horrible noise which I can bear like 3 seconds max. I have to do it with earplugs. :oops:
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:16 am

Well I can't avoid any of these necessary evils. I can tolerate all of it.... of everything it;s the cleaning up of the outside of the house, especially mowing the lawn.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

RightWingChristians
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby RightWingChristians » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:59 am

Washing windows.

*Squeek squeek squeek squeek*
"Darn.. still not clean."
"Darn, it just smeared it all over"
Alert Rating
1 2 3 4 5
Deployments: Looking for lost landmines
Chief Inquisitor of the Catholic Church

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Somehow this wound up in F7. Returned to NSG. You may resume bemoaning all forms of house-cleaning.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:07 pm

RightWingChristians wrote:Washing windows.

"Darn.. still not clean."
"Darn, it just smeared it all over"

what I hate is...
"there... all done."
*one explosive sneeze later...*
@#$%^#*!!!
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Curious Inquiry
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 02, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Curious Inquiry » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:34 pm

The rest of the bathroom is not so bad, but I loathe cleaning le toilet :blink:
Religions are like glasses. Some people need them to see the world clearly, some people don't.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:36 pm

Washing the dishes. :palm:
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Barzan
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Barzan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:13 pm

I hate cleaning the kitchen almost as much as I hate cleaning the floors, but the kitchen doesn't make me break my back as much as trying to clean dirt from 20 year-old linoleum. I don't mind the bathroom as much because I can just put on gloves, spray chemicals on everything, wipe it all down and throw everything away, whereas in the kitchen I have to be more careful about surfaces used to prepare food, dishes, stuff on counters, and the like. Also, my bathroom has a tiled floor instead of my linoleum kitchen floor.
NOT affiliated with the Free Masons -- Barzan's flag does not incorporate masonic imagery
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +1.03
"I have considerably less respect for people who nod and drool as talking heads in a box feed them pre-digested spoonfuls of opinutainment than someone that listens to and discusses with a variety of sources and opinions and then forms their own; regardless of whether I agree with them." - Lunatic Goofballs

Her Royal Crown
Attaché

Founded: Jan 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Her Royal Crown » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:28 pm

Out of these options I dislike cleaning the bathroom the most..I have a very sensitive nose and chemicals just burn straight into my brain..

Out of anything though, I'd have to say Trash. The smell...and it always makes me feel so nasty after I do it...and I had several bad experiences in my childhood about it :(

Lucky Bicycle Works
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucky Bicycle Works » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:31 pm

I voted "pigsty" but I do clean when it really gets too much. Foul smells get me down.

Cleaning the oven is my least favourite. It's awkward to get at, it stinks, and the cleaners which make it even possible seem very toxic. But it's got to be done, or else you're not so much baking a meal as smoking it.

I really enjoy vacuuming. There is something atavistically agricultural about vacuuming.
Lucky Bicycle Works, previously BunnySaurus Bugsii.
"My town is a teacher.
Oh, trucks and beers and memories
All spread out on the road.
Oh, my town is a leader of children,
To where Caution
Is a Long Wide Load"

-- Mark Seymour

Barzan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Barzan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:34 pm

Her Royal Crown wrote:Out of these options I dislike cleaning the bathroom the most..I have a very sensitive nose and chemicals just burn straight into my brain..

Out of anything though, I'd have to say Trash. The smell...and it always makes me feel so nasty after I do it...and I had several bad experiences in my childhood about it :(

Oh I don't clean the trash bin, I get a new one every so often. It's too disgusting to clean.
NOT affiliated with the Free Masons -- Barzan's flag does not incorporate masonic imagery
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +1.03
"I have considerably less respect for people who nod and drool as talking heads in a box feed them pre-digested spoonfuls of opinutainment than someone that listens to and discusses with a variety of sources and opinions and then forms their own; regardless of whether I agree with them." - Lunatic Goofballs

Lucky Bicycle Works
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lucky Bicycle Works » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:37 pm

Rejistania wrote:Vacuuming is horrible since the vacuum cleaner makes this horrible noise which I can bear like 3 seconds max. I have to do it with earplugs. :oops:

I've noticed that some trade vacuum-cleaners are a lot quieter than the cheap domestic ones. So they can be used in places where people are still working I guess.

The cyclonic cleaners make a horrible sound, probably mostly above my hearing range. When the one I've got breaks, I'll look at getting something quiet. Test a few in the shop.
"My town is a teacher.
To where Caution
Is a Long Wide Load"

-- Mark Seymour

Lucky Bicycle Works
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lucky Bicycle Works » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:44 pm

Barzan wrote:Oh I don't clean the trash bin, I get a new one every so often. It's too disgusting to clean.

Ah, let me tell you my approach to things which are too disgusting to clean.

Put them out in the garden for a week or two, and if they're a hollow thing like a pot or a can, half bury them so there's dirt on the disgusting bits and that dirt is connected to the surrounding dirt. Little bugs, worms etc love most things we call "disgusting."

I shouldn't assume you HAVE a garden/yard/weedpatch. But that method would clean your bin pretty well. Just a bit of dirt to wash off.
"My town is a teacher.
To where Caution
Is a Long Wide Load"

-- Mark Seymour

Barzan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Barzan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Lucky Bicycle Works wrote:
Barzan wrote:Oh I don't clean the trash bin, I get a new one every so often. It's too disgusting to clean.

Ah, let me tell you my approach to things which are too disgusting to clean.

Put them out in the garden for a week or two, and if they're a hollow thing like a pot or a can, half bury them so there's dirt on the disgusting bits and that dirt is connected to the surrounding dirt. Little bugs, worms etc love most things we call "disgusting."

I shouldn't assume you HAVE a garden/yard/weedpatch. But that method would clean your bin pretty well. Just a bit of dirt to wash off.

That's actually a good idea. I do have a small garden behind my apartment, but I couldn't use your idea with my rubbish bin as I can't go for two weeks without it.

Parthenon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Parthenon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:59 pm

I hate paying the bitch.
The Parthenese Confederation
Parthenon
Intergallactic Hell
The Bleeding Roses
West Parthenon
Former GDODAD/Metus Member

Intestinal fluids
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Intestinal fluids » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:05 pm

I have a Roomba for daily vacuuming. I call him Higgins from the butler on Magnum PI.

Barzan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Barzan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:15 pm

Intestinal fluids wrote:I have a Roomba for daily vacuuming. I call him Higgins from the butler on Magnum PI.

You mean Tattoo? :lol:
(Assuming someone gets the reference...)

United States of PA
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:21 pm

My most hated isnt on here, but it is anything that concerns Chemicals like Chlorine. Whenever im in even a slightly confined space using that stuff i get extremely light headed.
In other words, conservatives are generous with their own money, and liberals are generous with other peoples money.
"I object and take exception to everyone saying that Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money." ~ Unknown
"See, it doesn't matter how many people you have, how old your civilization is, or any such tripe. We're still the by-God US of A and we will seriously bitch slap you so hard your ancestors going back millenia will feel it if you piss us off."

Anti-Social Darwinism
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Anti-Social Darwinism » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:14 am

I hate cleaning litterboxes. I also hate cleaning toilets (especially when I've had a stomach virus). Cleaning up hairballs, shampooing carpets, cleaning animal cages - anything having to do with excretions, vomitus and sundry effluvia.
NSG's resident curmudgeon.

Add 6,771 posts from the old NSG.

Ring of Isengard
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ring of Isengard » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:53 am

Dyakovo wrote:All of it...

This^^
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count (+puppet)

Europe was created by history. America was created by philosophy - Maggie T

Lucky Bicycle Works
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lucky Bicycle Works » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:29 am

Ring of Isengard wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:All of it...

This^^

And what household chores do you actually do ?

Or are you the of the pigsty persuasion ...
"My town is a teacher.
To where Caution
Is a Long Wide Load"

-- Mark Seymour

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:36 am

I do the dishes (after I cook supper) and clean the kitchen floor; I often clean the bathroom although my wife swears I do not.

What I hate, and therefore leave for her, is sweeping. I am short of breath, and the dust kills me.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General