NATION

PASSWORD

Male reproductive rights?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ferenczia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ferenczia » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:13 pm

.. I think the issue of male reproductive rights greatly depends on the situation.

If the woman is raped, I think it goes without saying the man has no rights.

If the pregnancy occurs in a one-night stand, or a casual relationship, pregnancy (and it's resulting hardships) were not intended by either person in the relationship. Therefore, since the woman will have to bear the brunt of those hardships, it should be her decision alone.

The only case in which I would have any sympathy at all for 'male reproductive rights' people would be if the couple in question were deeply committed, and they had previously discussed and agreed to the conception of a child. If the woman backed out of that arrangement, after an agreement had already been reached, the man might have some grounds to complain.

Even then, it's a bit of a stretch for me. Seriously, dudes, have you never seen a recording of a woman having a baby? And you really think that's equivalent to having an orgasm? Give me a break

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Osterveim wrote:but Abortion is murder of an unborn child, plain and simple.

Plain and simply wrong, anyway.

It's a lot like buying a car and calling it Grand Theft Auto.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Bitchkitten
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Bitchkitten » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Dakini wrote:When I get to make medical decisions for my sex partners for up to nine months after we do the deed, then he can have some say in mine. Until then, he can deal with the medical decisions I make for myself.

Granted, since I care about my partner, I would discuss this with him, but unless my concern was primarily financial and we sorted out a way to deal with this probably it wouldn't change (and probably he'd agree anyway).

Yeah, I told my ex that if he wanted kids he could do it by himself. And hire a full time nanny after he had his C-section. I don't want kids, and there is no way some idiot's going to use me as an unwilling incubator for his convenience.

Brandenburg-Altmark
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brandenburg-Altmark » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Men are entitled to control over their bodies just as women are. You're more than welcome to get an abortion should you become pregnant.
Economic Left/Right: -7.50 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
TOKYONI UNJUSTLY DELETED 19/06/2011 - SAY NO TO MOD IMPERIALISM
Tanker til Norge.
Free isam wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:Where's inda? Or Russa for that matter?

idot inda is asias gron and russa is its hat ok :palm:

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:41 am

Bitchkitten wrote:
Dakini wrote:When I get to make medical decisions for my sex partners for up to nine months after we do the deed, then he can have some say in mine. Until then, he can deal with the medical decisions I make for myself.

Granted, since I care about my partner, I would discuss this with him, but unless my concern was primarily financial and we sorted out a way to deal with this probably it wouldn't change (and probably he'd agree anyway).

Yeah, I told my ex that if he wanted kids he could do it by himself. And hire a full time nanny after he had his C-section. I don't want kids, and there is no way some idiot's going to use me as an unwilling incubator for his convenience.

I want kids eventually. I don't think that pregnancy and thesis writing go very well together though. Nor does having a kid when you know you're going to lose your job in a little over a year (or the bit where my partner lives on a different continent much of the time... there are lots of reasons now would not be a good time).

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:42 am

Dakini wrote:
Bitchkitten wrote:Yeah, I told my ex that if he wanted kids he could do it by himself. And hire a full time nanny after he had his C-section. I don't want kids, and there is no way some idiot's going to use me as an unwilling incubator for his convenience.

I want kids eventually. I don't think that pregnancy and thesis writing go very well together though. Nor does having a kid when you know you're going to lose your job in a little over a year (or the bit where my partner lives on a different continent much of the time... there are lots of reasons now would not be a good time).

That, and you might want to hold off and see whether or not we avert the total collapse of the world economy.

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:46 am

Dakini wrote:
Bitchkitten wrote:Yeah, I told my ex that if he wanted kids he could do it by himself. And hire a full time nanny after he had his C-section. I don't want kids, and there is no way some idiot's going to use me as an unwilling incubator for his convenience.

they really dont.

it might seem like you arent doing anything but a bit of research and writing but pregnancy takes up a big chunk of your psyche too. its a constant nagging worry, tons of doctor visits, lost sleep and fuzzy thinking.
whatever

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:54 am

Geniasis wrote:
Dakini wrote:I want kids eventually. I don't think that pregnancy and thesis writing go very well together though. Nor does having a kid when you know you're going to lose your job in a little over a year (or the bit where my partner lives on a different continent much of the time... there are lots of reasons now would not be a good time).

That, and you might want to hold off and see whether or not we avert the total collapse of the world economy.

Why deny your children the exquisite pleasure of telling their kids, "When I was your age the entire WORLD ECONOMY COLLAPSED! We had to eat dirt and we were glad to have it!"
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:09 am

Farnhamia wrote:Why deny your children the exquisite pleasure of telling their kids, "When I was your age the entire WORLD ECONOMY COLLAPSED! We had to eat dirt and we were glad to have it!"

Oh yeah. How could I be so selfish?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General