NATION

PASSWORD

Male reproductive rights?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:19 am

The Kings Council wrote:
DaWoad wrote:not, technically, true. many species have no males and are technically entirely female. (in that they bear children)

Like...

every asexual bacterium, every asexual plant, every hermaphroditic species (earthworms, off the top of my head) etc.
Official Nation States Trainer
Factbook:http://nationstates.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dawoad
Alliances:The Hegemony, The GDF, SCUTUM

Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Euronion
Senator

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:19 am

Veloxia wrote:If you don't want to risk paying child support, keep it in your pants.

so again it is up to the males to control our reproduction, in your opinion then, the man should stay a virgin, while the woman goes around humping any pole that she finds? what about it being up to the woman, it is her body as so many other people have pointed out, if she doesn't want a baby, then she shouldn't have had sex
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
The Official Euronion Website
Proud Catholic and Member of the Tea Party; militant atheists, environmental extremists, fem-nazis, Anti-Lifers, Nazists, and Communists you have been warned
Thomas Paine wrote:"to argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"
The name of our country is Euronion, the name of anything that is Euronion is called the/a Euronion ____, please do not say "the Euronionian, or the Euronionion people or military, it is simply the Euronion people, the Euronion military, ect. nor is Euronion a reference to the European Union or some United Europe.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:19 am

Euronion wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:No. If you're building a house, and I help pour the concrete, I don't get the right to tell you whether or not you can stop doing the rest of the work of building the house.

If you are married and get a divorce, anything that you had or made during the marriage, including money is up for debate, both parties get a say. If you are in a union and you share bank accounts, the money belongs to both you and your partner not solely to one person

Because you're established as "equal partners".
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:20 am

Hathradic States wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:Yes. You get a night of fun and she gets 9 months of issues, the delivery and all the other aspects afterwards.

The process is simple really.

You don't like this idea; get yourself cut.

And then I get stuck with eighteen years of "pay this bill" and "do this for me".

You have to support the child, yes. This is a matter of the kid's welfare, not the mother's.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:21 am

Veloxia wrote:If you don't want to risk paying child support, keep it in your pants.

But they want to have fun!
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:21 am

Euronion wrote:

so again it is up to the males to control our reproduction, in your opinion then, the man should stay a virgin, while the woman goes around humping any pole that she finds? what about it being up to the woman, it is her body as so many other people have pointed out, if she doesn't want a baby, then she shouldn't have had sex

it's her body to do with as she wills. It's his body to do with as he wills. The fetus is a part of her body, it's not a part of his.

Shadow25
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow25 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:21 am

Euronion wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:No. If you're building a house, and I help pour the concrete, I don't get the right to tell you whether or not you can stop doing the rest of the work of building the house.

If you are married and get a divorce, anything that you had or made during the marriage, including money is up for debate, both parties get a say. If you are in a union and you share bank accounts, the money belongs to both you and your partner not solely to one person

you both work hard in a marriage for that money whether in form of a job or in the house, but exactly how is making a baby considered a hard work?
Better freedom with danger than peace with slavery
Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains.

6 April Youth
We did it, thanks Facebook thanks aljazeera thanks Tunisia and thanks twitter.
Smile, you aren't a Palestinian http://www.palestineremembered.com/index.html

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:21 am

Euronion wrote:

>Implying controlling your body is equal to a guy not having sex

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:21 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:And then I get stuck with eighteen years of "pay this bill" and "do this for me".

You have to support the child, yes. This is a matter of the kid's welfare, not the mother's.

moreover you don't have to financially support the child if you're physically supporting the child. but parkus is entirely right on the rest.

Peoples New Norway
Secretary

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples New Norway » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:22 am

In the end it is always the woman's choice. Anyone who believes otherwise is either a rapist or a person who hangs on to ancient morals.

Euronion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:22 am

Sorratsin wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:We are needed, point there is obvious.

However, does carrying the baby for nine months give the woman any more right to it that the man? After all, it is the product of both persons.

They put more effort into it, sacrifice more time for it, and take more responsibility for it, not to mention the trauma of pregnancy. By most definitions of ownership, the female "owns" the pregnancy.

so your father never loved you, he ever cared for you as a child, never gave a damn about you? if the answer to that is no, then your father did care about you, let me speak from experience, when you look into that little babies face, you immediatley love it, you know that you would give your life up to defend it, I would do it for my children, and if another man feels that way about his child what gives women the right to take that child and stab a dagger through its heart?
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
Proud Catholic and Member of the Tea Party; militant atheists, environmental extremists, fem-nazis, Anti-Lifers, Nazists, and Communists you have been warned
Thomas Paine wrote:"to argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"
The name of our country is Euronion, the name of anything that is Euronion is called the/a Euronion ____, please do not say "the Euronionian, or the Euronionion people or military, it is simply the Euronion people, the Euronion military, ect. nor is Euronion a reference to the European Union or some United Europe.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:22 am

DaWoad wrote:because it's her body. You do not get to for a person to give you a kidney, you do not get to force a woman to bear your child, it's that simple. If you don't want to have a kid, and you're a male, either don't have sex, get a vasectomy or come up with a legal agreement with your SO.

Now, for the converse, what if I want the child, want to be a father, and the woman decides to kill it because she doesn't want to be a mother? Where is the justice in that?

The Black Forrest wrote:Sucks doesn't it. But hey, that's what men do.

You don't want that. A simple procedure will eliminate it......

Actually, I do want children. I also am not pro-choice, so idealy neither party would have a say in whether the child is to be born.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:22 am

Peoples New Norway wrote:In the end it is always the woman's choice. Anyone who believes otherwise is either a rapist or a person who hangs on to ancient morals.

Satire?
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:24 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:And then I get stuck with eighteen years of "pay this bill" and "do this for me".

Throughout the entire time, wouldn't it be about the kid's welfare?

Final text here.

Apollonesia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Apollonesia » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:24 am

Last edited by Apollonesia on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christian
Political Compass
Factbook - (Updating)
"God is not only true, but Truth itself."

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:24 am

Hathradic States wrote:Now, for the converse, what if I want the child, want to be a father, and the woman decides to kill it because she doesn't want to be a mother? Where is the justice in that?

Plenty, since it is her body being used. Now after she gives birth, and she wants to give it up for adoption, you're well within your rights to say, "No, I don't think so," and take the child into your legal custody while she sends you a check every month to help take care of her/him.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:25 am

Euronion wrote:
Sorratsin wrote:
They put more effort into it, sacrifice more time for it, and take more responsibility for it, not to mention the trauma of pregnancy. By most definitions of ownership, the female "owns" the pregnancy.

so your father never loved you, he ever cared for you as a child, never gave a damn about you? if the answer to that is no, then your father did care about you, let me speak from experience, when you look into that little babies face, you immediatley love it, you know that you would give your life up to defend it, I would do it for my children, and if another man feels that way about his child what gives women the right to take that child and stab a dagger through its heart?

Fatherhood is different.

Even Bill Cosby once told the story about it. Talked about raising the boy to be a Football monster. Goes to college, crashes through the lines and scores the winning touch down and what does he say to the camera "HI MOM!"
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Alien Space Bats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Male reproductive rights?

Postby Alien Space Bats » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:25 am

Hathradic States wrote:However, does carrying the baby for nine months give the woman any more right to it that the man? After all, it is the product of both persons.

Hmmmm. Does the physical stress and strain of eating, drinking, and pissing for two while carrying a small bowling ball around in your belly, with all the attendant fatigue and backache, and then finally undergoing a huge amount of pain at the end with some small risk to your life mean anything?

Gosh, I don't know. You tell me.
"These states are just saying 'Yes, I used to beat my girlfriend, but I haven't since the restraining order, so we don't need it anymore.'" — Stephen Colbert, Comedian, on Shelby County v. Holder

"Do you see how policing blacks by the presumption of guilt and policing whites by the presumption of innocence is a self-reinforcing mechanism?" — Touré Neblett, MSNBC Commentator and Social Critic

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."Songwriter Oscar Brown in 1963, foretelling the election of Donald J. Trump

President Donald J. Trump: Working Tirelessly to Make Russia Great Again

The Kings Council
Secretary

Founded: Jun 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kings Council » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:25 am

Shadow25 wrote:no one tells you what to do with your reproductive organs or any part of your body when you find some weird law that forces men to impregnate a woman by law then go on and demand that women don't have any abortions, other than that all you do is ejaculating which a very simple thing that you don't have to suffer from it for months

have you gotten anyone pregnant before? please tell me how easy it was for me to go through what i went through.

Euronion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:25 am

DaWoad wrote:
Euronion wrote:

it's her body to do with as she wills. It's his body to do with as he wills. The fetus is a part of her body, it's not a part of his.

yes you are right, so lets give every woman the right to stab herself in the stomach every time she doesn't want to have a child, because it doesn't matter what the male thinks does it, it doesn't matter what he cares about, it doesn't matter if he loves the child, go ahead and kill it because as we know murder is the way to solve everything
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:25 am

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:You have to support the child, yes. This is a matter of the kid's welfare, not the mother's.

Throughout the entire time, wouldn't it be about the kid's welfare?

No, since it's a matter of bodily sovereignty.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:26 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Now, for the converse, what if I want the child, want to be a father, and the woman decides to kill it because she doesn't want to be a mother? Where is the justice in that?

Plenty, since it is her body being used. Now after she gives birth, and she wants to give it up for adoption, you're well within your rights to say, "No, I don't think so," and take the child into your legal custody while she sends you a check every month to help take care of her/him.

So women have all right in the world to be a bitch to somebody who would be more than willing ot take the child because they don't want to deal with it? To put things bluntly, that is fucked.

Final text here.

Old Koridai
Lobbyist

Founded: May 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Koridai » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:26 am

humans turning asexual/hermaphrodite

Shadow25
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow25 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 am

The Kings Council wrote:
Shadow25 wrote:no one tells you what to do with your reproductive organs or any part of your body when you find some weird law that forces men to impregnate a woman by law then go on and demand that women don't have any abortions, other than that all you do is ejaculating which a very simple thing that you don't have to suffer from it for months

have you gotten anyone pregnant before? please tell me how easy it was for me to go through what i went through.

:o never know that ejaculating can be as hard as carrying a baby for 9 months
Better freedom with danger than peace with slavery
Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains.

6 April Youth
We did it, thanks Facebook thanks aljazeera thanks Tunisia and thanks twitter.
Smile, you aren't a Palestinian http://www.palestineremembered.com/index.html

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 am

Euronion wrote:
DaWoad wrote:it's her body to do with as she wills. It's his body to do with as he wills. The fetus is a part of her body, it's not a part of his.

yes you are right, so lets give every woman the right to stab herself in the stomach every time she doesn't want to have a child, because it doesn't matter what the male thinks does it, it doesn't matter what he cares about, it doesn't matter if he loves the child, go ahead and kill it because as we know murder is the way to solve everything

we've been over this already.
1-it's not a child
2-it's not murder
3-yes, it doens't matter in the slightest what he thinks because it's not his body.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General