NATION

PASSWORD

Male reproductive rights?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 am

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:
Plenty, since it is her body being used. Now after she gives birth, and she wants to give it up for adoption, you're well within your rights to say, "No, I don't think so," and take the child into your legal custody while she sends you a check every month to help take care of her/him.

So women have all right in the world to be a bitch to somebody who would be more than willing ot take the child because they don't want to deal with it? To put things bluntly, that is fucked.

Please elaborate on what you mean by "be a bitch".
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Peoples New Norway
Secretary

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples New Norway » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 am

I'm serious.
The man makes the decisions, no sex before marriage, its evil to be gay, its wrong to be a pedophile, believe in everything your parents tell you, blah blah blah just a bunch of ancient beliefs.

Euronion
Senator

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:29 am

Peoples New Norway wrote:In the end it is always the woman's choice. Anyone who believes otherwise is either a rapist or a person who hangs on to ancient morals.

I know right, GOD FORBID MEN EVER HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAVE THEIR CHILD FROM MURDER, BECAUSE ACCORDING TO THE MAJORITY OF THE WOMAN POPULATION THAT MAKES THEM RAPISTS, that reminds me of one thread

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=113909&hilit=this+woman+thinks+that+every+man+is+a+rapist
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
The Official Euronion Website
Proud Catholic and Member of the Tea Party; militant atheists, environmental extremists, fem-nazis, Anti-Lifers, Nazists, and Communists you have been warned
Thomas Paine wrote:"to argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"
The name of our country is Euronion, the name of anything that is Euronion is called the/a Euronion ____, please do not say "the Euronionian, or the Euronionion people or military, it is simply the Euronion people, the Euronion military, ect. nor is Euronion a reference to the European Union or some United Europe.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:29 am

Peoples New Norway wrote:I'm serious.
The man makes the decisions, no sex before marriage, its evil to be gay, its wrong to be a pedophile, believe in everything your parents tell you, blah blah blah just a bunch of ancient beliefs.

I'm serious.
I doubt you're serious, since you've just shot off about a bunch of controversial shit that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

The Kings Council
Secretary

Founded: Jun 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kings Council » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:29 am

DaWoad wrote:
The Kings Council wrote:Like...

every asexual bacterium, every asexual plant, every hermaphroditic species (earthworms, off the top of my head) etc.

ok. good i thought you were going to say human which is the only relevant species in this conversation. we are talking about male(human) reproductive rights.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:30 am

Euronion wrote:
Peoples New Norway wrote:In the end it is always the woman's choice. Anyone who believes otherwise is either a rapist or a person who hangs on to ancient morals.

I know right, GOD FORBID MEN EVER HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAVE THEIR CHILD FROM MURDER, BECAUSE ACCORDING TO THE MAJORITY OF THE WOMAN POPULATION THAT MAKES THEM RAPISTS, that reminds me of one thread

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=113909&hilit=this+woman+thinks+that+every+man+is+a+rapist

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic, mate.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Euronion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:30 am

Peoples New Norway wrote:I'm serious.

trollollollolloll
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
Proud Catholic and Member of the Tea Party; militant atheists, environmental extremists, fem-nazis, Anti-Lifers, Nazists, and Communists you have been warned
Thomas Paine wrote:"to argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"
The name of our country is Euronion, the name of anything that is Euronion is called the/a Euronion ____, please do not say "the Euronionian, or the Euronionion people or military, it is simply the Euronion people, the Euronion military, ect. nor is Euronion a reference to the European Union or some United Europe.

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:30 am

Hathradic States wrote:
DaWoad wrote:because it's her body. You do not get to for a person to give you a kidney, you do not get to force a woman to bear your child, it's that simple. If you don't want to have a kid, and you're a male, either don't have sex, get a vasectomy or come up with a legal agreement with your SO.

Now, for the converse, what if I want the child, want to be a father, and the woman decides to kill it because she doesn't want to be a mother? Where is the justice in that?

it's . . .her. . . .body. If you want a child, go find someone capable and willing to have a child with you. Again, you don't get to enslave a woman because you want her to have your child. Your argument can be logically extended to allow for, for example, rape. What if you really want to have a child with a woman who doesn't want to have sex with you, I mean you really love this potential child where's the justice in not being able to rape the woman?

do you not see the problem here?

The Black Forrest wrote:Sucks doesn't it. But hey, that's what men do.

You don't want that. A simple procedure will eliminate it......

Actually, I do want children. I also am not pro-choice, so idealy neither party would have a say in whether the child is to be born.

that would be enslaving the woman.
Official Nation States Trainer
Factbook:http://nationstates.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dawoad
Alliances:The Hegemony, The GDF, SCUTUM

Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

The Kings Council
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kings Council » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:30 am

The Floridian Coast wrote:A man has the right to choose to put on a condom if he doesn't want the woman exercising her reproductive rights. That's my opinion as a man, the whole "male reproductive rights" thing is one of the weakest anti-choice arguments and certainly one of the most irritating.

so i guess your against child support too

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:31 am

The Kings Council wrote:
DaWoad wrote:every asexual bacterium, every asexual plant, every hermaphroditic species (earthworms, off the top of my head) etc.

ok. good i thought you were going to say human which is the only relevant species in this conversation. we are talking about male(human) reproductive rights.

hey, he didn't specify and I did say many species before. . .how could you think I was talking about humans???

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:32 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:So women have all right in the world to be a bitch to somebody who would be more than willing ot take the child because they don't want to deal with it? To put things bluntly, that is fucked.

Please elaborate on what you mean by "be a bitch".

As in "be excessively cruel". Can you think of any a crueler torture than to be prepared for fatherhood, to be prepared to love and cherish your child. To be willing to marry the mother, only to have said mother decide one day that she didn't want it and she gets an abortion. To me, that is one hell of a bitch move. I watched it happen to one of my friends, and he was nearly destroyed by it. To me, that is not right, and it is not just.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Euronion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:33 am

DaWoad wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Now, for the converse, what if I want the child, want to be a father, and the woman decides to kill it because she doesn't want to be a mother? Where is the justice in that?

it's . . .her. . . .body. If you want a child, go find someone capable and willing to have a child with you. Again, you don't get to enslave a woman because you want her to have your child. Your argument can be logically extended to allow for, for example, rape. What if you really want to have a child with a woman who doesn't want to have sex with you, I mean you really love this potential child where's the justice in not being able to rape the woman?

Actually, I do want children. I also am not pro-choice, so idealy neither party would have a say in whether the child is to be born.

then shouldn't an impartial part decide, if it is rape, the impartial party will favor the mother, if the woman just doesn't feel like it, the father is responsible and capable of raising the child, then the impartial party will favor the male
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

Naurobia
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Naurobia » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:33 am

We don't have any reproductive rights except for giving consent to sex.
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:34 am

The Kings Council wrote:
The Floridian Coast wrote:A man has the right to choose to put on a condom if he doesn't want the woman exercising her reproductive rights. That's my opinion as a man, the whole "male reproductive rights" thing is one of the weakest anti-choice arguments and certainly one of the most irritating.

so i guess your against child support too

Ahhh what?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:34 am

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Please elaborate on what you mean by "be a bitch".

As in "be excessively cruel". Can you think of any a crueler torture than to be prepared for fatherhood, to be prepared to love and cherish your child. To be willing to marry the mother, only to have said mother decide one day that she didn't want it and she gets an abortion. To me, that is one hell of a bitch move. I watched it happen to one of my friends, and he was nearly destroyed by it. To me, that is not right, and it is not just.

Yes I can. Forcing women to either endure nine months of pregnancy or face the coat hanger option. That is true cruelty. ;]

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:34 am

Hathradic States wrote:
DaWoad wrote:because it's her body. You do not get to for a person to give you a kidney, you do not get to force a woman to bear your child, it's that simple. If you don't want to have a kid, and you're a male, either don't have sex, get a vasectomy or come up with a legal agreement with your SO.

Now, for the converse, what if I want the child, want to be a father, and the woman decides to kill it because she doesn't want to be a mother?

Well, thanks to advances in IVF technology, there is a solution to that problem; a male pregnancy. It's quite simple; you get a zygote implanted into either your abdominal wall or the wall of your bowel, where it grows a placenta and starts maturing. In nine months or so, you just get a caesarian section and away you go. Of course, you'd be the first person in history to do so and there are a host of associated risks that could very well kill you both, but it takes sacrifices to raise a child, right? And think of the good you'll do for the male reproductive rights movement.
Last edited by Avenio on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 am

Hathradic States wrote:

To me, that's a disgusting attitude. It's like justifying rape because you're really excited about impregnating a woman but she changes her mind before you can ejaculate.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 am

Hathradic States wrote:

Errr? She doesn't want to marry you is her being a bitch?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Kings Council
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kings Council » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 am

DaWoad wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Really? I wonder how far our species would have gotten in the males suddenly all dropped dead a hundred years ago.

probably not well? there are, however, species that reproduce asexually. Moreover there are now sperm banks aplenty. You really don't need us all that much at this point.

Why, though? Does the fact that the man is not carrying the child make it any less his child. I am certain that if he ran away and the mother so desired, she could sue him for child support. If he is finacially tied to the child, whether or not he wants to be, shouldn't he also have some form of reproductive rights?

because it's her body. You do not get to for a person to give you a kidney, you do not get to force a woman to bear your child, it's that simple. If you don't want to have a kid, and you're a male, either don't have sex, get a vasectomy or come up with a legal agreement with your SO.

he wants to have the child and she doesn't so why doesn't she have the surgery so she won't get pregnant and kill a child

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:36 am

Euronion wrote:
DaWoad wrote:it's . . .her. . . .body. If you want a child, go find someone capable and willing to have a child with you. Again, you don't get to enslave a woman because you want her to have your child. Your argument can be logically extended to allow for, for example, rape. What if you really want to have a child with a woman who doesn't want to have sex with you, I mean you really love this potential child where's the justice in not being able to rape the woman?

then shouldn't an impartial part decide, if it is rape, the impartial party will favor the mother, if the woman just doesn't feel like it, the father is responsible and capable of raising the child, then the impartial party will favor the male

no. No one, including an impartial party, has the right to force a woman to do something with her body.
take, again, the rape example. An impartial party cannot and should not be able to say "oh your reasons for not wanting to have sex with him are stupid, legally he can now rape you". In that exact same way and impartial party cannot and should not be able to say "oh your reasons for not wanting a child are stupid, legally your body now belongs to us for the next nine months".

Shadow25
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow25 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:36 am

Avenio wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:Now, for the converse, what if I want the child, want to be a father, and the woman decides to kill it because she doesn't want to be a mother?

Well, thanks to advances in IVF technology, there is a solution to that problem; a male pregnancy. It's quite simple; you get a zygote implanted into either your abdominal wall or the wall of your bowel, where it grows a placenta and starts maturing. In nine months or so, you just get a caesarian section and away you go. Of course, you'd be the first person in history to do so and there are a host of associated risks that could very well kill you both, but it takes sacrifices to raise a child, right? And think of the good you'll do for the male reproductive rights movement.

and if you for some reason decided that you want to quit because it is too hard the woman have the right to stop you after all who are you to decide what happens to your body?
Better freedom with danger than peace with slavery
Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains.

6 April Youth
We did it, thanks Facebook thanks aljazeera thanks Tunisia and thanks twitter.
Smile, you aren't a Palestinian http://www.palestineremembered.com/index.html

Risottia
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Risottia » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:36 am

Euronion wrote:this thread is about Male reproductive rights, do we have any?

No. There are no positive right to reproduction that can overtake the right of another person to control her own body.
Basically, as males, we have a right to reproduce insofar a female is willing to collaborate by completing a pregnancy.

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:37 am

The Kings Council wrote:
DaWoad wrote:probably not well? there are, however, species that reproduce asexually. Moreover there are now sperm banks aplenty. You really don't need us all that much at this point.

because it's her body. You do not get to for a person to give you a kidney, you do not get to force a woman to bear your child, it's that simple. If you don't want to have a kid, and you're a male, either don't have sex, get a vasectomy or come up with a legal agreement with your SO.

he wants to have the child and she doesn't so why doesn't she have the surgery so she won't get pregnant and kill a child

1- it's not a child
2-it's her body, she can choose to get her tubes tied if she wants or an abortion if she gets pregnant and doesn't want the fetus.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:37 am

Shadow25 wrote:
Avenio wrote:

and if you for some reason decided that you want to quit because it is too hard the woman have the right to stop you after all who are you to decide what happens to your body?

Oh, of course. They did half the work of creating it, after all.
Last edited by Avenio on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Risottia
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Risottia » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:37 am

Hathradic States wrote:So women have all right in the world to be a bitch to somebody who would be more than willing ot take the child because they don't want to deal with it? To put things bluntly, that is fucked.

It will be fucked up the day that pregnancies can be surgically transferred to men.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General