NATION

PASSWORD

Male reproductive rights?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Euronion
Senator

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Male reproductive rights?

Postby Euronion » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:48 pm

I am male and after going around the forums on abortion one things keeps on arising, female reproductive rights, "no one should tell a woman what to do with her body" that is beside the point, this thread is about Male reproductive rights, do we have any? if your girlfriend/wife doesn't want a child, but say the boyfriend/husband does, what happens, if the cases were vise-versa, the female can choose to have the child without against the will of the father, but what about the situation changed around, does this give women the right to choose to kill the child against the will of the father as well? and if that is a yes, then what reproductive rights do we as males have?
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
The Official Euronion Website
Proud Catholic and Member of the Tea Party; militant atheists, environmental extremists, fem-nazis, Anti-Lifers, Nazists, and Communists you have been warned
Thomas Paine wrote:"to argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"
The name of our country is Euronion, the name of anything that is Euronion is called the/a Euronion ____, please do not say "the Euronionian, or the Euronionion people or military, it is simply the Euronion people, the Euronion military, ect. nor is Euronion a reference to the European Union or some United Europe.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:51 pm

We have none. After all, what say should we have in our own offspring? We just did half of the work in creating them.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:53 pm

Hathradic States wrote:We have none. After all, what say should we have in our own offspring? We just did half of the work in creating them.

We carry the fetuses in our wombs for four-and-a-half months and gave half birth?
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Euronion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:55 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:We have none. After all, what say should we have in our own offspring? We just did half of the work in creating them.

We carry the fetuses in our wombs for four-and-a-half months and gave half birth?

I think he means that we donated half the chromosomes and that without males there would be neither males nor females
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
Proud Catholic and Member of the Tea Party; militant atheists, environmental extremists, fem-nazis, Anti-Lifers, Nazists, and Communists you have been warned
Thomas Paine wrote:"to argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"
The name of our country is Euronion, the name of anything that is Euronion is called the/a Euronion ____, please do not say "the Euronionian, or the Euronionion people or military, it is simply the Euronion people, the Euronion military, ect. nor is Euronion a reference to the European Union or some United Europe.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:56 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:

I said creating, not keeping alive until it can survive on its own. And, without males, their would be no birth.

Final text here.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:56 pm

The fetus is in the woman's body, not the man's. So it should be the woman's choice whether she wants it or not, and not the man's.
Last edited by Arumdaum on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Kopawapatepolis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kopawapatepolis » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:56 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:

Half the birth, although, I don't know how the switching out process works.

And then we give half of the mitochondrial DNA.

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:56 pm

Euronion wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:

I think he means that we donated half the chromosomes and that without males there would be neither males nor females

:roll: Because ejaculation is equal to ~nine months of lugging a baby around.

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:56 pm

Euronion wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:

not, technically, true. many species have no males and are technically entirely female. (in that they bear children)
Official Nation States Trainer
Factbook:http://nationstates.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dawoad
Alliances:The Hegemony, The GDF, SCUTUM

Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:58 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:

:D Much better then what I was planning to write! :clap:
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Alien Space Bats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Male reproductive rights?

Postby Alien Space Bats » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:58 pm

If you're asking whether, as a man, you (or I) have the right to demand that a woman spend nine months of her life carrying our offspring to term and then risk their life giving birth at the end of that nine-month term, then I think the fairly obvious answer is "no".
"These states are just saying 'Yes, I used to beat my girlfriend, but I haven't since the restraining order, so we don't need it anymore.'" — Stephen Colbert, Comedian, on Shelby County v. Holder

"Do you see how policing blacks by the presumption of guilt and policing whites by the presumption of innocence is a self-reinforcing mechanism?" — Touré Neblett, MSNBC Commentator and Social Critic

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."Songwriter Oscar Brown in 1963, foretelling the election of Donald J. Trump

President Donald J. Trump: Working Tirelessly to Make Russia Great Again

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:58 pm

Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:
Euronion wrote:

:roll: Because ejaculation is equal to ~nine months of lugging a baby around.

Of course. Besides, a proper male has to deal with the female during those nine-months. And believe me, it is hell. I should know, I am going through it right now (and it isn't even my kid!)

Final text here.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:00 am

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:

I said creating, not keeping alive until it can survive on its own. And, without males, their would be no birth.

Um, the baby is being created for several months. You don't just ejaculate and BOOM there's a baby. The mother doesn't just "keep it alive".
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Sorratsin
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorratsin » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 am

Don't know how to tell you this, but men don't have vaginas. I think your parents have some explaining to do.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 am

Kopawapatepolis wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:

Half the birth, although, I don't know how the switching out process works.

And then we give half of the mitochondrial DNA.

That's not giving half the birth, that's giving half the process of impregnation.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:02 am

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:

Let's see one night of passion is the same as......not seeing it.

Your "donation" is expected but is hardly equal to what is placed on the woman......
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:03 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:I said creating, not keeping alive until it can survive on its own. And, without males, their would be no birth.

Um, the baby is being created for several months. You don't just ejaculate and BOOM there's a baby. The mother doesn't just "keep it alive".

I am no idiot, Parkus. I know that. However, the life itself is creating upon conception. After which we have the process of the baby forming, and then birth.

Final text here.

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:04 am

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:

never heard of hermaphroditic species? or asexual ones?

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:04 am

Hathradic States wrote:
Umbra Ac Silentium wrote: :roll: Because ejaculation is equal to ~nine months of lugging a baby around.

Of course. Besides, a proper male has to deal with the female during those nine-months. And believe me, it is hell. I should know, I am going through it right now (and it isn't even my kid!)

The only pregnant women I've known of were pretty fucking cool when they were pregnant. Your misogynistic silliness about how much of bitch this women you know is does nothing to support your argument.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:04 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:I said creating, not keeping alive until it can survive on its own. And, without males, their would be no birth.

Your "donation" is expected but is hardly equal to what is placed on the woman......

We are needed, point there is obvious.

However, does carrying the baby for nine months give the woman any more right to it that the man? After all, it is the product of both persons.

Final text here.

Lumpdom
Civilian

Founded: Jun 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lumpdom » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:05 am

If you'd like you can get a vasectomy leaving you unable to reproduce. There are women willing to carry a child for you for a fee if you'd like to reproduce. So, basically, yes. You can make the choice to have a child or to not have a child.

If you are asking if men have any say in what a woman does with her body, then no, nor should they. You would be forcing someone to do something against their will.

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:05 am

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Um, the baby is being created for several months. You don't just ejaculate and BOOM there's a baby. The mother doesn't just "keep it alive".

I am no idiot, Parkus. I know that. However, the life itself is creating upon conception. After which we have the process of the baby forming, and then birth.

but how is baby formed?!?

I digress,
1- we don't "do half the work" we do significantly less than that. All the male "gives" is half the dna. The mother gives all the mitochondrial DNA, the cell and half the DNA. if you wanna give the male the (call it) 30% say due to donation about 30% of the stuff, go for it.

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:06 am

Hathradic States wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

We are needed, point there is obvious.

we're really not.
However, does carrying the baby for nine months give the woman any more right to it that the man? After all, it is the product of both persons.

yes. it does.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:06 am

Hathradic States wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Um, the baby is being created for several months. You don't just ejaculate and BOOM there's a baby. The mother doesn't just "keep it alive".

Baby forming is the longest and most burdensome part of the creation process, and that's really what we're talking about, isn't it (unless this is a thread on the right of a man not to be raped)?
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Euronion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euronion » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:07 am

Alien Space Bats wrote:If you're asking whether, as a man, you (or I) have the right to demand that a woman spend nine months of her life carrying our offspring to term and then risk their life giving birth at the end of that nine-month term, then I think the fairly obvious answer is "no".

so your basically saying that if I get my girlfirend pregnant, I pay for everything, I support her, I want to have a child, she can just say, I want to kill the baby because I want a baby when I want it, sounds more like a stuborn child herself, if it is your son that is going to be murdered because your girlfriend just didn't feel like itm it is somehow correct, I can understand taking this to court and then judging whether the father is prepared to take care of the child if the mother refuses, but this puts the woman in absolute power, and in absolute power of your reprofuction, meaning, you cannot have a child until the woman wants you to, and if you can't. too bad bub looks like your family which has survived evolution for millions of years, that survived the Black Plague, that has lasted for generations, is going to die out because the woman did not feel like it
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General