NATION

PASSWORD

Abortion Consequences of illegal vs legal

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
UCUMAY
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Abortion Consequences of illegal vs legal

Postby UCUMAY » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:45 pm

I wanted to discuss this in a logical way.

Pros Legalized abortion

Safer environment
No legal action will be taken on the mothers attempting to abort
Can force medical mal-pratice in the event an abortion is badly performed
Reduce the number of people in the foster care system by reducing the number of unwanted children.
Reduces medical expense due to carrying and deliverying a child (abortion is cheaper than having a baby in a legal system)

Pros Criminalized abortion

More Tax payers
Follows morals
Maybe will make the parents mature?

That's all I can come up with for a first go at it. But as far as I can see there is no logical reason to criminalize abortion unless you need to increase your population.

Your opinions NSG?
The Proclaimed Psycho on NSG
About me
I may be young, and that's okay. Since age does not always bring wisdom. I may be stubborn to the point of stupidity; but at least I fight for my beliefs. I may be fooled by a lie; but I can then say I trusted. My heart may get broken however, then I can say I truly loved. With all this said I have lived. :D

I'm politically syncretic so stop asking. :)
My political and social missions

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Another plus for Legalized abortion?

Organized crime won't stand to make money off of it.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:47 pm

Gauthier wrote:Another plus for Legalized abortion?

Organized crime won't stand to make money off of it.

That's a very good reason in my opinion.
About me
I may be young, and that's okay. Since age does not always bring wisdom. I may be stubborn to the point of stupidity; but at least I fight for my beliefs. I may be fooled by a lie; but I can then say I trusted. My heart may get broken however, then I can say I truly loved. With all this said I have lived. :D

Georgism
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Georgism » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Women won't stick rusty coathangers up their vaginas because they're so desperate to get rid of the foetus if abortion is legal.

Or is that what you meant by 'safer environment'?
Georgism Factbook (including questions and answers)
¯\(°_o)/¯
Horsefish wrote:I agree with George

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Georgism wrote:Women won't stick rusty coathangers up their vaginas because they're so desperate to get rid of the foetus if abortion is legal.

That is what I meant...
About me

Georgism
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Georgism » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:50 pm

UCUMAY wrote:
Georgism wrote:Women won't stick rusty coathangers up their vaginas because they're so desperate to get rid of the foetus if abortion is legal.

That is what I meant...

Oh. I've got nothing then.

Although I must say that I think legalised abortion 'follows morals' much better than criminalised abortion does.
¯\(°_o)/¯

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Georgism wrote:
UCUMAY wrote:That is what I meant...

Although I must say that I think legalised abortion 'follows morals' much better than criminalised abortion does.

I put that in for the religious... But how does legalized abortion follow the morals better? *curious*
About me

Gaiso
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaiso » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Georgism wrote:
UCUMAY wrote:That is what I meant...

Legalized abortion is certainly more "Small Government" than making it illegal.

Economic Left/Right: -9.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.90

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:52 pm

Gaiso wrote:
Georgism wrote:Oh. I've got nothing then.

Legalized abortion is certainly more "Small Government" than making it illegal.

I do like a smaller government. :)
About me

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:53 pm

Abortion is a moral right; the fetus lacks any rights until it develops rational.

The individual's rights are derived from their rational; at his core, man is a supremely rational being (it is the only means we have of accurately interpreting the universe, our single means of survival, and our key to dominance). To exist as a rational, sovereign self, man must exist independent of coercion (simplified explanation of Objectivism).

A fetus lacks rational, thus has no right to exist.

(I'm debating as to whether or not abortion should be legal at ANY STAGE; an individual has no right save by permission to impose his will over another... thus a child has no right to exist in its mother's womb... but the coercion is not intentional, so it's a difficult debate...)
Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Augarundus wrote:Abortion is a moral right; the fetus lacks any rights until it develops rational.

The individual's rights are derived from their rational; at his core, man is a supremely rational being (it is the only means we have of accurately interpreting the universe, our single means of survival, and our key to dominance). To exist as a rational, sovereign self, man must exist independent of coercion (simplified explanation of Objectivism).

(I'm debating as to whether or not abortion should be legal at ANY STAGE; an individual has no right save by permission to impose his will over another... thus a child has no right to exist in its mother's womb... but the coercion is not intentional, so it's a difficult debate...)

This is off topic....
About me

Georgism
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Georgism » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:54 pm

UCUMAY wrote:
Georgism wrote:Oh. I've got nothing then.

I put that in for the religious... But how does legalized abortion follow the morals better? *curious*

> Puts the individual in control of her own body
> Prevents the aforementioned rusty coathanger scenario.

Also IIRC it was actually a religious man who led the calls for legal abortion in the UK. I'm not sure where I heard that though so it could be total bullshit.
¯\(°_o)/¯

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Georgism wrote:
UCUMAY wrote:I put that in for the religious... But how does legalized abortion follow the morals better? *curious*

> Puts the individual in control of her own body

Also IIRC it was actually a religious man who led the calls for legal abortion in the UK. I'm not sure where I heard that though so it could be total bullshit.

Protect the sinner so that they can redeem themselves? That's an interesting arguement.
Last edited by UCUMAY on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About me

Roman Templars
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Roman Templars » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Legalized Abortion: stem cell research (unless its for the facial cream then that is just wrong. Cause it is like rubbing a dead baby on your face)

Criminalized Abortion: Knowing good life is safe
protecting their rights as human beings while in the womb( I don't want to hear about it)
and MORE PEOPLE! :clap:

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:58 pm

UCUMAY wrote:
Augarundus wrote:Abortion is a moral right; the fetus lacks any rights until it develops rational.

This is off topic....

This is a pro of legalized abortion. It respects individual sovereignty.

Deontology is a legitimate part of a policy discussion; melikes kritiks.
Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

Davids Conglomerates
Envoy

Founded: Nov 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Davids Conglomerates » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:59 pm

UCUMAY wrote:Pros Criminalized abortion

I wouldn't class that as a pro. Humans who are immature won't be made any more mature by having abortion available.

There are plenty of people in Ireland who can't handle having the responsibility of a child and we have no shortage of teenagers getting pregnant. Keeping abortion illegal has done nothing to make people more mature. People will still find a way to make an utter balls of their job, no matter the circumstances.

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:00 pm

Roman Templars wrote:Legalized Abortion: stem cell research (unless its for the facial cream then that is just wrong. Cause it is like rubbing a dead baby on your face)

protecting their rights as human beings while in the womb( I don't want to hear about it)

:) Thank you for adding something constructive.

I strongly believe stem cells need to be researched further. On the other hand I don't necessarily believe in letting a festus potential be wasted. But I still strongly support legal abortion if that makes any sense.
About me

Georgism
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Georgism » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:00 pm

UCUMAY wrote:
Georgism wrote:> Puts the individual in control of her own body

Protect the sinner so that they can redeem themselves? That's an interesting arguement.

Dunno if that was the actual argument put forward but it sounds nice
¯\(°_o)/¯

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Davids Conglomerates wrote:
UCUMAY wrote:Pros Criminalized abortion

I wouldn't class that as a pro. Humans who are immature won't be made any more mature by having abortion available.

There are plenty of people in Ireland who can't handle having the responsibility of a child and we have no shortage of teenagers getting pregnant. Keeping abortion illegal has done nothing to make people more mature. People will still find a way to make an utter balls of their job, no matter the circumstances.

Nvm...
Last edited by UCUMAY on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About me

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Georgism wrote:
UCUMAY wrote:

Dunno if that was the actual argument put forward but it sounds nice

It makes more sense than some of the other arguements. :)
About me

Roman Templars
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Roman Templars » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:03 pm

UCUMAY wrote:
Roman Templars wrote:Legalized Abortion: stem cell research (unless its for the facial cream then that is just wrong. Cause it is like rubbing a dead baby on your face)

I strongly believe stem cells need to be researched further. On the other hand I don't necessarily believe in letting a festus potential be wasted. But I still strongly support legal abortion if that makes any sense.

I am a pro life person and against abortion. Call me a hipacrite if you want (isn't the first time) but i believe it stem cells is a form of Taking a life to Save a life.

Georgism
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Georgism » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:03 pm

UCUMAY wrote:
Georgism wrote:Dunno if that was the actual argument put forward but it sounds nice

It makes more sense than some of the other arguements. :)

Agreed. It makes religious people sound nice, which is a change for these forums.
¯\(°_o)/¯

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Roman Templars wrote:
UCUMAY wrote: :) Thank you for adding something constructive.

I am a pro life person and against abortion. Call me a hipacrite if you want (isn't the first time) but i believe it stem cells is a form of Taking a life to Save a life.

Stem cells can also come from cord blood. I believe your facts are out of date rather than right/wrong.
About me

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:06 pm

UCUMAY wrote:

We don't use fetus for stem cells anymore, I think.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Roman Templars
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Roman Templars » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Norstal wrote:
UCUMAY wrote: :) Thank you for adding something constructive.

We don't use fetus for stem cells anymore, I think.

Ya know, I am only going off what I was taught in biology class, and we skimmed through stem cells and DNA fingerprinting, etc.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General