NATION

PASSWORD

Your nation's morals- what do you stand for?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Currently smashing morality into tiny, tiny bits with the philosophy of the hammer, which I will use to make the cement to build a new philosophy on firmer foundations.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Isn't this in the wrong forum?
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Jagalonia
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:Currently smashing morality into tiny, tiny bits with the philosophy of the hammer, which I will use to make the cement to build a new philosophy on firmer foundations.

Need any help with that? I've been doing it for years.
Tokyoni wrote:Hitler's mustache looks weird. Adam Smith was a drunken fatass. There, I've just pwned fascism and capitalism by such "logic".
Edlichbury wrote:OOC: If Knootoss can claim alcohol is a biological weapon, I can claim sentient Milk-People.
Senestrum wrote:Russians took the maximum allowable missile performances from the ABM treaty as design goals.
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:
Computer Land wrote:I don't want someone hacking my fridge :meh:

fridge.setTempC(100);
sysout("I'm melting! I'm meeeeelting! Oh what a world, what world!");
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
I am a Magnificent Titan who likes to Devour Heroes
All tech.

Undisturbity
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Undisturbity » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Meryuma wrote:Isn't this in the wrong forum?

Mm, perhaps... Where would it be more appropriate?

Orsalia
Secretary

Founded: May 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Orsalia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:15 pm

In Orsalia we strongly support progress and tolerance of all people. Freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of sexuality, etc. We are all part of a single race: humanity. For what reason should we spew hate at one another?

Sadly, religious persons are sometimes rubbed the wrong way by the high-funding of science and legalization of policies which are considered sins (ie. abortion, human cloning, etc.). However, it is my own strongly held belief that only science will bring us true prosperity.

Perhaps the one thing I frown most greatly upon is war. The only reason that Orsalia funds a military is for the defense of itself and other nations against the tyranny of overreaching militant states. There is never a good reason for war. Some people tell me that we help to keep the peace through acts of war, that if there weren't such bad people in the world we wouldn't need to use war. They tell me that terrorists cannot be reasoned this. But I will tell you: radicals are only to be feared when you try to suppress them. Show that you will use the best of what they have to offer. And so stand the pillars of Orsalian morals:

1.Tolerance
2. Progress
3. Peace
4. Wisdom
5. Honor
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72
Olthar wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:FELLOW NERD! LET US UNITE!

Wait just a moment. I know what "unite" means in your vocabulary...

Please be gentle. It's my first time.

Conserative Morality wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Don't worry, when I'm famous, I'll let all of you know. :p

Twenty years later...

B&C: "Hey General, I'm Secretary General of the UN! Muhahahaha!"

New Poster: "You're the what of the who?"

Old Poster: "Aww. Buffy thinks he's an adult. *ruffles hair*"

CM: "I thought you were going to be someone important."

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:16 pm

Meryuma wrote:Isn't this in the wrong forum?

Yup.
Jagalonia wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:Currently smashing morality into tiny, tiny bits with the philosophy of the hammer, which I will use to make the cement to build a new philosophy on firmer foundations.

Need any help with that? I've been doing it for years.

Got a millstone that we could use? We've got a lot of work to do.

Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

Draconian Races
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Draconian Races » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Orsalia wrote:In Orsalia we strongly support progress and tolerance of all people. Freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of sexuality, etc. We are all part of a single race: humanity. For what reason should we spew hate at one another?

Sadly, religious persons are sometimes rubbed the wrong way by the high-funding of science and legalization of policies which are considered sins (ie. abortion, human cloning, etc.). However, it is my own strongly held belief that only science will bring us true prosperity.

Perhaps the one thing I frown most greatly upon is war. The only reason that Orsalia funds a military is for the defense of itself and other nations against the tyranny of overreaching militant states. There is never a good reason for war. Some people tell me that we help to keep the peace through acts of war, that if there weren't such bad people in the world we wouldn't need to use war. They tell me that terrorists cannot be reasoned this. But I will tell you: radicals are only to be feared when you try to suppress them. Show that you will use the best of what they have to offer. And so stand the pillars of Orsalian morals:

1.Tolerance
2. Progress
3. Peace
4. Wisdom
5. Honor

Draconian Races welcomes all religious 'radicals', extremists, etc.
Militant Judeao-Christian Crusader Religious State
WARNING: I am very conservative, and my posts may offend. I am not a troll, but I speak my truly held beliefs, offensive or not.
Political Compass Results:
Economic Left/Right: 5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.79

Undisturbity
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Undisturbity » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Orsalia wrote:In Orsalia we strongly support progress and tolerance of all people. Freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of sexuality, etc. We are all part of a single race: humanity. For what reason should we spew hate at one another?

1.Tolerance
2. Progress
3. Peace
4. Wisdom
5. Honor

Your morals are a mirror image of mine- I support everything you said. Science is key, freedom is vital, citizens must be honorable, war is AWFUL... You wrote eloquently everything that I was too lazy to write! Thank you, and may your nation prosper! Those are some great morals you live by!

Undisturbity
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Undisturbity » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:29 pm

In all seriousness, could someone tell me what the right forum for thi would be?

Jagalonia
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:31 pm

Undisturbity wrote:In all seriousness, could someone tell me what the right forum for thi would be?

F&NI
Tokyoni wrote:Hitler's mustache looks weird. Adam Smith was a drunken fatass. There, I've just pwned fascism and capitalism by such "logic".
Edlichbury wrote:OOC: If Knootoss can claim alcohol is a biological weapon, I can claim sentient Milk-People.
Senestrum wrote:Russians took the maximum allowable missile performances from the ABM treaty as design goals.
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:
Computer Land wrote:I don't want someone hacking my fridge :meh:

fridge.setTempC(100);
sysout("I'm melting! I'm meeeeelting! Oh what a world, what world!");
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
I am a Magnificent Titan who likes to Devour Heroes
All tech.

Undisturbity
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Undisturbity » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Jagalonia wrote:
Undisturbity wrote:In all seriousness, could someone tell me what the right forum for thi would be?

F&NI

Well, I suppose just about anything fits in General, right? :p

Tuskenjaar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuskenjaar » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Jagalonia wrote:
Genivaria wrote:

How does that not make you a terrorist? That just means your not bush.

Oh I love bush.....Oh you mean the president!? I'm sorry.

*sigh* I get sick of leftards hating on bush relentlessly. He was a decent man who tried to help his country while being castrated by the media for it. remember in 2007 it was like this:

2007 Leftard: OMG BUSH SUX!!! HES A KKK MEMBER AND HE WANTS TO EAT UR FAMILY DOG ON A DINNER PLATE! HE WRECKED OUR ECONOMY SINGLE HANDEDLY BLEUETETRGHE!!!! OBAMA WILL BE SOOOO MUCH BETTER!

2011 Leftard: WELL YOU ALL ARE RACIST WHO THINK OBAMA MADE THE ECONOMY WORSE I MEAN HOW COULD THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT DO AN SINGLE POSSIBLE THING WRONG WHILE IN OFICE U GUYZ ARE JUST A BUNCH OF RACIST KKK NEO NAZI SKINHEAD HITLER NAZIS!
Last edited by Tuskenjaar on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Love Babes, Bullets, Hunting and Hummers. Any of you Obama-nites Got a Problem with That?

Shaoyuan
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaoyuan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Oh shut up you know-nothing rightist. Go back to Stormfront.
Since it seems so popular these days -
Economic Left/Right: -8.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.23

Communist Winnipeg
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 16, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Communist Winnipeg » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:47 pm

IRL - I believe there should be a tax structure to reduce the rich/poor gap to the point that no-one has more than 25x as much as anyone else. Human rights are never open to debate. Religion is in the same category as fantasy. That success is measured by happiness, accomplishment and self fulfillment, not by your bank account.

RP - The same.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Communist Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
Executive Member of Canadian Sarcasm Society - "Yes. We really need your help."

Tuskenjaar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuskenjaar » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:47 pm

Shaoyuan wrote:Oh shut up you know-nothing rightist. Go back to Stormfront.

See what I mean? Automaticly claim anyone who doesn't agree with your leftist ideology racist despite the fact you know nothing about them.
Last edited by Tuskenjaar on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Love Babes, Bullets, Hunting and Hummers. Any of you Obama-nites Got a Problem with That?

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Sig'd.
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

*puts on sunglasses*

...so here's your future

Shaoyuan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaoyuan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:49 pm

I might not know anything about you but you don't know anything about anything. So piss off. Leftard... who do you think you are?

Tuskenjaar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuskenjaar » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:49 pm

Tuskenjaar wrote:
Shaoyuan wrote:Oh shut up you know-nothing rightist. Go back to Stormfront.

See what I mean? Automaticly claim anyone who doesn't agree with your leftist ideology racist despite the fact you know nothing about them.

Bit of a double standard, isn't it?

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:49 pm

Tuskenjaar wrote:
Jagalonia wrote:Oh I love bush.....Oh you mean the president!? I'm sorry.

*sigh* I get sick of leftards hating on bush relentlessly. He was a decent man who tried to help his country while being castrated by the media for it. remember in 2007 it was like this:

2007 Leftard: OMG BUSH SUX!!! HES A KKK MEMBER AND HE WANTS TO EAT UR FAMILY DOG ON A DINNER PLATE! HE WRECKED OUR ECONOMY SINGLE HANDEDLY BLEUETETRGHE!!!! OBAMA WILL BE SOOOO MUCH BETTER!

2011 Leftard: WELL YOU ALL ARE RACIST WHO THINK OBAMA MADE THE ECONOMY WORSE I MEAN HOW COULD THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT DO AN SINGLE POSSIBLE THING WRONG WHILE IN OFICE U GUYZ ARE JUST A BUNCH OF RACIST KKK NEO NAZI SKINHEAD HITLER NAZIS!

The vast majority of leftists I've talked to think Obama's a sellout.
Potarius wrote:

*puts on sunglasses*

...so here's your future

Tuskenjaar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuskenjaar » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Shaoyuan wrote:I might not know anything about you but you don't know anything about anything. So piss off. Leftard... who do you think you are?

An Encyclopedia Dramatica User. Go to encyclopediadramatica.ch/Leftard for more info on leftards.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Shaoyuan wrote:Leftard... who do you think you are?

Encyclopædia Dramatica, I think.
Potarius wrote:

*puts on sunglasses*

...so here's your future

Shaoyuan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaoyuan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:51 pm

Encyclopedia Dramatica? Are you for real?

Tuskenjaar
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuskenjaar » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Shaoyuan wrote:Encyclopedia Dramatica? Are you for real?

U mad?

Shaoyuan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaoyuan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:55 pm

Go fuck yourself.

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:56 pm

Tuskenjaar wrote:
Shaoyuan wrote:I might not know anything about you but you don't know anything about anything. So piss off. Leftard... who do you think you are?

An Encyclopedia Dramatica User. Go to encyclopediadramatica.ch/Leftard for more info on leftards.

Calling someone a "leftard" is just as prohibited on this forum as calling them a "rightard". The mods will not take kindly to either.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General