NATION

PASSWORD

Would everyone just please accept that Obama is doing good?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Will you accept that he is at least doing a respectable job?

No convincing here. He is doing great!
14%
He isn't doing great, but he is doing well.
25%
Well, I guess so.
7%
He's just not cutting it right now.
11%
He is doing a terrible job!
29%
I could do better!
7%
I'm a redneck, and he's black. DO THE MATH.
7%

Total votes : 28

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Would everyone just please accept that Obama is doing good?

Postby Vetalia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:23 pm

Intangelon wrote:Besides, I don't thing starting a Chris Crocker thread for Obama is going to deter the criticism.

Hell, it makes me want to criticize him just to piss people off.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Heinleinites
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Heinleinites » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:23 pm

"Would everyone just please accept that Obama is doing good?"

Given the responses, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the answer to your question is "No."
You will never see a man who would kiss a wench or cut a throat as readily as I, but the wench must be willing, and the man must be standing up against me, else by God! either were safe enough from me." - Samkin Aylward The White Company

Heinleinite's First Rule of Comedy: "It doesn't matter if you don't think I'm funny, just so long as I think I'm funny."

Georgetpwn
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Georgetpwn » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:24 pm

Epicnopolis wrote:I think that we are improving, granted it's slow, but he is getting the world to respect us. And he is getting us out of Iraq. And let's face it, appearing on shows, cracking jokes, that's exactly what we need right now.

will you call me a racist if i don't?
The Republic of Hobbes City (exiled), exists within Georgetpwn
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 1
Defense Minister of Novus Licentia Terra
The Republic of Hobbes City, composed of:
The Hobbes City Holding State of Georgetpwn
The People's Republic of M1 Helmet
The Protectorate of The Republic of Lanos
The Colony of Suvree
The Pacific Territory of Ferdinando Marcos

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Georgetpwn wrote:will you call me a racist if i don't?

That's a given.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Epicnopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Epicnopolis » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:27 pm

Parthenon wrote:
Epicnopolis wrote:
Parthenon wrote:Epic, quit making the same shitty thread every other day.

But I like annoying you guys!

So in other words, you admit to making this thread to troll?

No, I was trying to respond in joking manner to make you laugh. I don't like trolls. :blink: :meh:
I guarantee you that I'm more liberal than you are. Suck it. Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.10 WHAT THE HELL?

Epicnopolis's wikistates page. (However crappy it might be!)

Proud Member and Co-Founder of the The MDISC Alliance

DEFCON: |1| |2| |3| |4| |5|

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:28 pm

This is one of the worst threads on NSG that I've ever seen. Congratulations.

For my next thread, I'll post my opinion, and the simple statement that everyone just accept it for two or three half-line reasons.
Last edited by Der Teutoniker on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Epicnopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Epicnopolis » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:34 pm

Der Teutoniker wrote:This is one of the worst threads on NSG that I've ever seen. Congratulations.

For my next thread, I'll post my opinion, and the simple statement that everyone just accept it for two or three half-line reasons.

Not my best idea then. :unsure: :oops:
I guarantee you that I'm more liberal than you are. Suck it. Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.10 WHAT THE HELL?

Epicnopolis's wikistates page. (However crappy it might be!)

Proud Member and Co-Founder of the The MDISC Alliance

DEFCON: |1| |2| |3| |4| |5|

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Epicnopolis wrote:Not my best idea then. :unsure: :oops:

The problem is that you're not inviting discussion, or really, even allowing for opinions other than your own. I'm not racist, nor am I a redneck, and I don't care for his policies as yet. The economy will get better, it always does, regardless of his influence (not to say he can't help/hurt the progress) so to say "it's getting better" is standard of any low point.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Intangelon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Intangelon » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:55 pm

In the spirit of Lenny Bruce, I'm just gonna get this over with so that we can leave the issue of race behind, once and for all. Ready?

*deep breath*

There's a nigger in the White House.

Okay? Are we over it, collectively? Good. Can we now get on with the legitimate criticisms and at least PRETEND they're not about the man's ancestry? Please?
+11,569 posts from Jolt/OMAC
Oh beautiful for pilgrim feet / Whose stern, impassioned stress / A thoroughfare for freedom beat / Across the wilderness!
America! America! / God mend thine ev’ry flaw; / Confirm thy soul in self-control / Thy liberty in law....

Lunatic Goofballs: The problem is that the invisible men in the sky don't tell you how to live your life.
Their fan clubs do.

Georgetpwn
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Georgetpwn » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:55 pm

Intangelon wrote:In the spirit of Lenny Bruce, I'm just gonna get this over with so that we can leave the issue of race behind, once and for all. Ready?

*deep breath*

There's a *CENSORED* in the White House.

Okay? Are we over it, collectively? Good. Can we now get on with the legitimate criticisms and at least PRETEND they're not about the man's ancestry? Please?

so if i disagree with Obama, i'm a racist?
EDIT: got rid of the n word in the quote.
Last edited by Georgetpwn on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Hobbes City (exiled), exists within Georgetpwn
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 1
Defense Minister of Novus Licentia Terra
The Republic of Hobbes City, composed of:
The Hobbes City Holding State of Georgetpwn
The People's Republic of M1 Helmet
The Protectorate of The Republic of Lanos
The Colony of Suvree
The Pacific Territory of Ferdinando Marcos

Abstain X
Secretary

Founded: Jul 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abstain X » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:04 am

Epicnopolis wrote:I think that we are improving, granted it's slow, but he is getting the world to respect us. And he is getting us out of Iraq. And let's face it, appearing on shows, cracking jokes, that's exactly what we need right now.

Well since Americans have said that presidential candidates speak too intelligently for them too understand. (Quoting my teacher on this). I guess electing a comedian is what we needed?
Last edited by Abstain X on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love can never be portrayed the same way as a tree or the sea, or any other mystery.
It's the eyes
with which we see.
It's the sinner in the saint.
The light inside the paint.

We are running towards this wall
So with the bang in the hall
Make sure to get a taste of your own blood
When it becomes a flood
Upon thine face.

Intangelon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Intangelon » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:05 am

Georgetpwn wrote:
Intangelon wrote:In the spirit of Lenny Bruce, I'm just gonna get this over with so that we can leave the issue of race behind, once and for all. Ready?

*deep breath*

Gee, you did? I hadn't noticed. :roll:

:palm:

Did you not even read anything else? I asked that we get on to legitimate criticisms and forget about Obama's ancestry entirely. That means FUCK his race, FUCK his birth certificate, and FUCK anything else that distracts from the legitimate business of running the damned country. Do you get it now?

Forgive the invective, but to miss the point that badly means you're actually TRYING to miss it.
+11,569 posts from Jolt/OMAC
Oh beautiful for pilgrim feet / Whose stern, impassioned stress / A thoroughfare for freedom beat / Across the wilderness!
America! America! / God mend thine ev’ry flaw; / Confirm thy soul in self-control / Thy liberty in law....

Lunatic Goofballs: The problem is that the invisible men in the sky don't tell you how to live your life.
Their fan clubs do.

United Russian State
Minister

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian State » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:21 am

What country respects America more outside of NATO. America is stil up to the same stuff it always tries to pull. Obama is more sneaky though than Bush.

You mean he is retreating.

People should be proud their leaders take their jobs as a joke?
Defcon: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)
State of War: Chernobyl-Pripyat
Establish Embassy in URS
URS Economy Information
Join Pan-Slavic Union State!
My long term plan is to contribute to globally warming as much as possible so my grandchildren can live in a world that is a few degrees warmer and where there is new coast land being created every day.- The Scandinvans

The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions-Omnicracy

NO ONE is poor and suffering in the US- they're pretending that while rollicking in welfare money-Pythria

Abstain X
Secretary

Founded: Jul 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abstain X » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:21 am

Intangelon wrote:
Georgetpwn wrote:

*deep breath*

Gee, you did? I hadn't noticed. :roll:

:palm:

Did you not even read anything else? I asked that we get on to legitimate criticisms and forget about Obama's ancestry entirely. That means FUCK his race, FUCK his birth certificate, and FUCK anything else that distracts from the legitimate business of running the damned country. Do you get it now?

Forgive the invective, but to miss the point that badly means you're actually TRYING to miss it.

What is sad is his race can't be forgotten, he used it as the driving force behind his campaign, and it was something used to deter him among the populace at the same time. All the while, people like you and I at times, hoping for complete equality and actual thinking. But no...no, too much too ask for.
Last edited by Abstain X on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love can never be portrayed the same way as a tree or the sea, or any other mystery.
It's the eyes
with which we see.
It's the sinner in the saint.
The light inside the paint.

We are running towards this wall
So with the bang in the hall
Make sure to get a taste of your own blood
When it becomes a flood
Upon thine face.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads