NATION

PASSWORD

What is your view on homosexual rights and why?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue May 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Hallistar wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:I don't expect you to like them, but I expect everyone to afford them the rights all humans are due.

Now, I won't be offended; give me your reasons.

Just forget it. As human beings, I think they should have the basic rights everyone is afforded, I should have specified that, my mistake, as for their preference though I suppose I am against it, but whatever.

I realized this. But I want your personal reasons for disliking homosexuality.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Hathradic States wrote:I also talk like someone who is not a Christian, and argue non-Christian viewpoints (that humans are no better than animals, etc.).

Humans are no better than animals /=/ Inherently UnChristian viewpoint.
If I had so desired, I could have decided to claim I am an atheistic, pro-evolution, far leftist and sold it to you all well enough.

"I could have TOTALLY fooled you if I wanted to!"
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Hallistar
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Tue May 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Hallistar wrote:
Bigots? I dislike gays (I never even said I hated them or wanted to kill them) and I'm a bigot and unfit to be a parent?

Way to overreact over a small post guys. :palm:

"I wouldn't mind if they didnt live in the US"

But you're right, your opinions aren't really worth refuting, except that if we don't, you'll continuing thinking it's an okay opinion to hold.

I didnt say boot them out, I just said if they were gone I wouldn't really care. And it is an ok opinion to hold, if you guys don't like it, get over it. I've gotten over people disliking my opinions.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Tue May 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Boumber wrote:I believe that homosexaulity is wrong. It is just unnatural and disgusting. Think of homosexuality as drugs-its disgusting and wrong and yet people do it anyways. If you want homosexuality legalized, then does that mean you want drugs legalized or how about terrorism.

It may be unnatural to you, but what about the people who were wired that way?
And to borrow the gays and drugs theme...

Trying to make both illegal has cost an unnecessary waste of both time and money and it's wiser just to stop trying.

And comparing gays to terrorists... :palm: :palm: :palm:
Loving and killing are 2 completely different things.
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Tue May 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Boumber wrote:I believe that homosexaulity is wrong. It is just unnatural and disgusting. Think of homosexuality as drugs-its disgusting and wrong and yet people do it anyways. If you want homosexuality legalized, then does that mean you want drugs legalized or how about terrorism.

Yes, as a matter of fact I am for the lifting of drug-prohibition laws.... But no, not terrorism, there is a distinct difference between for example, two consenting adults engaging in a sexual act, or the consenting act of a person enjoying a joint; and that of a religiously motivated nut-case gunning down civilians in a mall parking lot, or blowing up a truck near a day-care center.
Last edited by Tekania on Tue May 17, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Such heroic nonsense!

Hallistar
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Tue May 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Hallistar wrote:
Just forget it. As human beings, I think they should have the basic rights everyone is afforded, I should have specified that, my mistake, as for their preference though I suppose I am against it, but whatever.

I realized this. But I want your personal reasons for disliking homosexuality.

If you really want to know that badly I would tell you in a personal message, and no *This is to other people* I didn't get bum raped or something.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Hallistar wrote:I didnt say boot them out, I just said if they were gone I wouldn't really care. And it is an ok opinion to hold, if you guys don't like it, get over it. I've gotten over people disliking my opinions.

Judging from your responses?

Obviously not.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue May 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Hallistar wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:I realized this. But I want your personal reasons for disliking homosexuality.

If you really want to know that badly I would tell you in a personal message, and no *This is to other people* I didn't get bum raped or something.

I'd prefer you say them here. Open debate and all that jazz.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Tue May 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Hallistar wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:
Did you just reword the words of a gay dude's song against the troll? Well played. :clap: :bow:

Yes, I'm a troll because in one post all I said was "I dislike gays black people, ive met a few nice people, but still"

How embarrasing.

See how easy that was? Just as bad, champ.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue May 17, 2011 2:11 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:I also talk like someone who is not a Christian, and argue non-Christian viewpoints (that humans are no better than animals, etc.).

Humans are no better than animals /=/ Inherently UnChristian viewpoint.
If I had so desired, I could have decided to claim I am an atheistic, pro-evolution, far leftist and sold it to you all well enough.

"I could have TOTALLY fooled you if I wanted to!"

From what my studies show, it is a non-Christian viewpoint. Christianity believes (or, at least, the Bible says) that man was created above the animals, to be Keeper and Master over them. To say that humans are no better than animals, and hold no more rights than animals, would be a direct contridiction to the Bible.

For some reason I avoid mocking people about their beliefs, it is much more fun to mock people about other, less important things.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue May 17, 2011 2:11 pm

Hallistar wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:"I wouldn't mind if they didnt live in the US"

But you're right, your opinions aren't really worth refuting, except that if we don't, you'll continuing thinking it's an okay opinion to hold.

I didnt say boot them out, I just said if they were gone I wouldn't really care. And it is an ok opinion to hold, if you guys don't like it, get over it. I've gotten over people disliking my opinions.

And yet here you are, answering each and every one of us, telling us how much you don't care. AS Arte Johnson used to say, very interesting ...
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 2:12 pm

Hathradic States wrote:From what my studies show, it is a non-Christian viewpoint. Christianity believes (or, at least, the Bible says) that man was created above the animals, to be Keeper and Master over them. To say that humans are no better than animals, and hold no more rights than animals, would be a direct contridiction to the Bible.

You know what else would be a direct contradiction to the bible?

Not stoning witches.

That doesn't mean that not stoning witches is not valid theology.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue May 17, 2011 2:13 pm

Hathradic States wrote:From what my studies show, it is a non-Christian viewpoint. Christianity believes (or, at least, the Bible says) that man was created above the animals, to be Keeper and Master over them. To say that humans are no better than animals, and hold no more rights than animals, would be a direct contridiction to the Bible.

You know what else would be a direct contradiction to the bible?

Not stoning witches.

That doesn't mean that not stoning witches is not valid theology.

Really? I do not recall the Bible commanding that witches be stoned. Eh, as soon as I find my English Bible I look that up.

Final text here.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Hathradic States wrote:Really? I do not recall the Bible commanding that witches be stoned. Eh, as soon as I find my English Bible I look that up.

A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them. - Leviticus 20:27

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Tue May 17, 2011 2:16 pm

Hathradic States wrote:Really? I do not recall the Bible commanding that witches be stoned. Eh, as soon as I find my English Bible I look that up.

A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them. - Leviticus 20:27

Oops. I think I've been doing the wrong kind of stoning. On the plus side, witches love me.

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue May 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Thank you.

Though that would be more of a Jewish belief, if the words of Christ were to be taken more literally. After all, it if is acceptable to eat pork, as is forbidden by the Law, then the rest of the law would also be rejected, as Christ died to forgive the sinners, and we can repent any sin.

Ah, shit. I cannot remember the agruement I gave on this. (Pretty muhc the same thing, but I said that the laws concerning homosexuality were no longer in effect due to the death of Christ)

Final text here.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Hathradic States wrote:Thank you.

Though that would be more of a Jewish belief, if the words of Christ were to be taken more literally. After all, it if is acceptable to eat pork, as is forbidden by the Law, then the rest of the law would also be rejected, as Christ died to forgive the sinners, and we can repent any sin.

Ah, shit. I cannot remember the agruement I gave on this. (Pretty muhc the same thing, but I said that the laws concerning homosexuality were no longer in effect due to the death of Christ)

I used to be a Christian, as such...

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. Matthew 5:17

But my point is that contradiction of the Bible /=/ Invalid Christian Theology.

Hallistar
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Tue May 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Hallistar wrote:I didnt say boot them out, I just said if they were gone I wouldn't really care. And it is an ok opinion to hold, if you guys don't like it, get over it. I've gotten over people disliking my opinions.

Judging from your responses?

Obviously not.

Wow. I won't take being called a troll and a bigot over something like that. By getting over it, I meant that I wasn't calling others names as well. And It mainly refers to people disliking my other opinions as well. Sorry I stuck up for myself and clarified some people's points, and as one can see, I did not respond to everyone's comments about me (Someone said it was the same as disliking black people though, I didnt respond to that, but which of course leaves out the whole concept of choosing to be something versus being born into something).
Last edited by Hallistar on Tue May 17, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Tue May 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Pfft, The Religious Right, hypocrites, complaining about the filth of Television, and gays and protecting their children while giving their kids this kind of smut to read:

"When she saw them, she lusted after them and sent messengers to them in Chaldea. And the Babylonians came to her into the bed of love, and they defiled her with their whoring lust. And after she was defiled by them, she turned from them in disgust. When she carried on her whoring so openly and flaunted her nakedness, I turned in disgust from her, as I had turned in disgust from her sister. Yet she increased her whoring, remembering the days of her youth, when she played the whore in the land of Egypt and lusted after her paramours there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose issue was like that of horses. Thus you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when the Egyptians handled your bosom and pressed your young breasts." Ezekiel 23:16-21
Such heroic nonsense!

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 2:24 pm

Tekania wrote:Pfft, The Religious Right, hypocrites, complaining about the filth of Television, and gays and protecting their children while giving their kids this kind of smut to read:

"When she saw them, she lusted after them and sent messengers to them in Chaldea. And the Babylonians came to her into the bed of love, and they defiled her with their whoring lust. And after she was defiled by them, she turned from them in disgust. When she carried on her whoring so openly and flaunted her nakedness, I turned in disgust from her, as I had turned in disgust from her sister. Yet she increased her whoring, remembering the days of her youth, when she played the whore in the land of Egypt and lusted after her paramours there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose issue was like that of horses. Thus you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when the Egyptians handled your bosom and pressed your young breasts." Ezekiel 23:16-21

Jesus Christ!

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Tue May 17, 2011 2:24 pm

Tekania wrote:Pfft, The Religious Right, hypocrites, complaining about the filth of Television, and gays and protecting their children while giving their kids this kind of smut to read:

Sex is OK if it's metaphorical. :p

Brodskopolis
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Brodskopolis » Tue May 17, 2011 2:27 pm

Great family values there. I'm so glad that we have religious people to tell us how to run our lives.
I yam what I yam, and I yam someone who loves sweet potatoes.

Rust Belt Liberal, Humanistic Jew, Kvetch

Niur
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Tue May 17, 2011 2:27 pm

Yes I do want drugs legalized, and I would prefer if we could settle disputes within the law rather than having to result to terrorism and counter-terrorism. And comparing homosexuality, something that just by itself, is harmless, regardless on whether it is right or wrong, where as terrorism has cost thousnads if not millions of lives in just the past hundred years. COmparing the two is an insult to anyone who has ever been harmed by terrorism.
"In cahuitontli ca otopan, yehuantzitzin yollochipahuac tonaz, yeceh yehuantzitzin tica imanimanmeh tlahueliloc telchihualozque. In cahuitontli ca teuctlatolli ic otopan, auh yehuan quitzacua, in neltiliztli, onyezque huetztoc!"

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue May 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Hathradic States wrote:Thank you.

I used to be a Christian, as such...

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. Matthew 5:17

But my point is that contradiction of the Bible /=/ Invalid Christian Theology.

And I am a lover of theology. Still, this agruements are rusted at best.

Da richtete sich die Stimme ein zweites Mal an ihn: Was Gott fur rein erklart, nenne du nicht unrein Apostelgeschitchte 10:5

Using that vision, Peter basically said that it was okay to eat once unclean animals. That would be undoing part of the law, and therefor all of it.

Final text here.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Tue May 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Meryuma wrote:
You don't know what anarchy is, do you?

It is the absolute lack of government, from one view (true anarchy). Another type of anarchy is the lack of a central government, instead opting for control via syndicates (syndicational anarchy). There are others (capitalist anarchy, socio-anarchy, Red anarchy, fasco-anarchy, etc.)

Actually it's equality of authority.

Maddtopia wrote:Gay=STUPID

My boyfriend and I are actually very intelligent.

Tekania wrote:there is a distinct difference between for example, two consenting adults engaging in a sexual act

Why "consenting adults"? If one must be an adult to consent, "adult" is contained within "consenting". If not, why say "consenting adults"?
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General