NATION

PASSWORD

What is your view on homosexual rights and why?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Sun May 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Great Anthonland wrote:Tell me what you think about LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) rights. And also explain why you hold that view. Personally I believe in equal rights for all people regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or lack thereof, or culture.

In America they already have the same rights as anyone else. And I support that. It would be nice if same sex marriage was universally legalized though.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sun May 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Norstal wrote:Oh, so that's why you gave him the Karma Sutra.

:eek:

You want a copy?

Sure...no strings attached, right?
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:05 pm

The Divine Imperium wrote:This is my view on gays...

Then you're quite a silly man. Homosexuality is not a sort of contagious infection.
Cool shit here, also here.

Conservation of energy, momentum, and angular momentum, logical consistency, quantum field theory, general respect for life and other low entropy formations, pleasure, minimizing the suffering of humanity and maximizing its well-being, equality of opportunity, individual liberty, knowledge, truth, honesty, aesthetics, imagination, joy, philosophy, entertainment, and the humanities.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sun May 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Mosasauria wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:Lately, the gay and lesbian rights activists have gotten too focused on making the movement as heteronormative as possible, to the point of outright suppressing the points-of-view of bisexuals, transgendered persons and those who have an alternate lifestyle from the middle class, frankly conservative image the leaders of the gay and lesbian rights movement, particularly in the fight for marriage rights.

How dare you not want to live your life like Leave it to Beaver? Oh well, the gay and lesbian movement doesn't have much to say for you anymore. And god help you if you're female-to-male transgendered, because no one wants you.

I want. :(
I want anyone who's willing to be close to me.

Even Nazis? I didn't think anyone wanted us... :hug:
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Kaputer
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kaputer » Sun May 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Be straight, be gay, get with a chicken if you want. Your body your decisions on who you consensually have sex with.
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater
War can't give life, it can only take it away.
Former Capitalist Paradise Delegate

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun May 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Norstal wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You want a copy?

Sure...no strings attached, right?

You just have to do something with a cow first to make sure you're acceptable.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Sun May 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Norstal wrote:Sure...no strings attached, right?

You just have to do something with a cow first to make sure you're acceptable.

:p

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Sun May 15, 2011 10:11 pm

I believe that you should have the freedom to do whatever you wish to your bodily sphere. That being said, you do not have the right to impose any sanctions upon my bodily sphere, because if we can't control that, what can we control?
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sun May 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Mosasauria wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:Lately, the gay and lesbian rights activists have gotten too focused on making the movement as heteronormative as possible, to the point of outright suppressing the points-of-view of bisexuals, transgendered persons and those who have an alternate lifestyle from the middle class, frankly conservative image the leaders of the gay and lesbian rights movement, particularly in the fight for marriage rights.

How dare you not want to live your life like Leave it to Beaver? Oh well, the gay and lesbian movement doesn't have much to say for you anymore. And god help you if you're female-to-male transgendered, because no one wants you.

I want. :(
I want anyone who's willing to be close to me.

Awwwwwwwww
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

Shikkago
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shikkago » Sun May 15, 2011 10:17 pm

yes, I think we should have rights. :)

haha it's pretty easy for ignorant heteros to sit back and debate whether we're sinners, mentally ill, or *gasp* human. It's a little more clear-cut when you actually are gay.

There is no logical basis for believing that love, sex, (consensual, safe, good), and/or a little cross-dressing fucking harm anyone intrinsically. If you give a shit about freedom, which you fucking should, well that means living and letting live, especially when it's none of your damn business. And really, you'll be much happier if you wake up and let some queerness into your life. Luckily there's a shit-ton of fuckin' smart heteros and queers alike that are wising up & rising up. hallelujah.

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Shikkago wrote:yes, I think we should have rights. :)

haha it's pretty easy for ignorant heteros to sit back and debate whether we're sinners, mentally ill, or *gasp* human. It's a little more clear-cut when you actually are gay.

There is no logical basis for believing that love, sex, (consensual, safe, good), and/or a little cross-dressing fucking harm anyone intrinsically. If you give a shit about freedom, which you fucking should, well that means living and letting live, especially when it's none of your damn business. And really, you'll be much happier if you wake up and let some queerness into your life. Luckily there's a shit-ton of fuckin' smart heteros and queers alike that are wising up & rising up. hallelujah.

But it means that are bullshit ideologies about gender roles being some inherent thing that are really meaningful for some reason, are under threat. This is bad, somehow.

Conservation of energy, momentum, and angular momentum, logical consistency, quantum field theory, general respect for life and other low entropy formations, pleasure, minimizing the suffering of humanity and maximizing its well-being, equality of opportunity, individual liberty, knowledge, truth, honesty, aesthetics, imagination, joy, philosophy, entertainment, and the humanities.

Glorious Norway
Attaché

Founded: Jan 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Norway » Sun May 15, 2011 10:19 pm

I thought one weren't allowed to say queer.

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Sun May 15, 2011 10:21 pm

There are such things as self-hating gays, you know? ^-^

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:22 pm

Glorious Norway wrote:I thought one weren't allowed to say queer.

No, you can't say faggot, unless you are a faggot, or you're referencing the use of the word, or you're on 4chan, where the word has an entirely different meaning.

Queer is fine.

Shikkago
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikkago » Sun May 15, 2011 10:24 pm

haha noooo, what are these closet-case self-loathing anti-gay bigots of which you speak? I have heard of no such insane phenomenon! :blink:

Maybe the movie shoulda been "But...I'm a Republican!"

no, the closet case is an individual with a similar rationality challenged mind, a deep yellow belly of fuckin traumatized fear, and an especially developed capacity for double-think. luckily, few people are able to cope with that fuckin deathstyle long, so they start gettin real with themselves and find happiness eventually.
Last edited by Shikkago on Sun May 15, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shikkago
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikkago » Sun May 15, 2011 10:26 pm

Unhealthy2 wrote:

No, you can't say faggot, unless you are a faggot, or you're referencing the use of the word, or you're on 4chan, where the word has an entirely different meaning.

Queer is fine.

anyone can say whatever the fuck they want from where I'm sitting. Obv how it will be received depends on the context- are you hurtling the word "queer" at someone as an insult? Does that person not give a shit because she knows she's queer and is fuckin' proud? Queer is word that's evolved to be a positive umbrella term for anyone who rejects conservative/traditional binary sex/gender rigidity and lives, loves, and fucks sensibly, as they need/desire.
Last edited by Shikkago on Sun May 15, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun May 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Haletia wrote:The LGBTQIA community is very near and dear to me. Having many gay friends and family, this is something I feel passionately about. They are no different from straight people. I find it to be extremely ridiculous that this is still being debated. Why should anyone be denied their RIGHTS just because of who they love/are attracted to? It shouldn't be complicated. They deserve the exact same rights as EVERYONE else. Period.

I agree fully, with one exception. That frankensteinian monstrosity of an acronym has to be stopped before it assimilates the rest of the alphabet. I suggest replacing it with something short but broad in scope so each group doesn't have to get its own letter, say maybe "Sexuality & Gender Equality" so SGE for short?
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Shikkago
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikkago » Sun May 15, 2011 10:29 pm

haha good point... that's why i like the word queer personally...

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:I agree fully, with one exception. That frankensteinian monstrosity of an acronym has to be stopped before it assimilates the rest of the alphabet. I suggest replacing it with something short but broad in scope so each group doesn't have to get its own letter, say maybe "Sexuality & Gender Equality" so SGE for short?

LGBTQIAF

I included furries.

Shikkago
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikkago » Sun May 15, 2011 10:33 pm

haha must we? I don't think furries should have rights. that's gross.

(JKJK obv)

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sun May 15, 2011 10:33 pm

Unhealthy2 wrote:

Queer is fine.

It's more and more getting to be my preferred term for the whole gambit of lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgendered and other genderqueer in the movement. It's a fair sight shorter, inclusive, and easier to say than "those who do not fit the heteronormative value"
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Sun May 15, 2011 10:34 pm

Der Teutoniker wrote:
Great Anthonland wrote:Tell me what you think about LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) rights. And also explain why you hold that view. Personally I believe in equal rights for all people regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or lack thereof, or culture.

In America they already have the same rights as anyone else. And I support that. It would be nice if same sex marriage was universally legalized though.

I smell a contradiction.

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Sun May 15, 2011 10:34 pm

Meh, I think that the government has no place in the bedroom personally.

I disagree with the now-majority opinion that homosexuality is just A-OK, but I don't let my personal views affect my political views when it comes to petty issues like sexual orientation.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Han-Kuk
Secretary

Founded: Apr 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Han-Kuk » Sun May 15, 2011 10:35 pm

My views:

What goes on in the bedroom between consenting adults is nobody's business but their own. Marriage and adoption should be afforded to all couples regardless of gender. Sexual orientation/preference should not be grounds for discrimination in hiring or joining the military.

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:It's more and more getting to be my preferred term for the whole gambit of lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgendered and other genderqueer in the movement. It's a fair sight shorter, inclusive, and easier to say than "those who do not fit the heteronormative value"

And it's sure as hell shorter than that borg collective of an acronym LGBTQIAF. I added the 'F' for furries, because the thing is eventually going to eat up the whole alphabet anyway, so I might as well speed up the process.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General