NATION

PASSWORD

What is your view on homosexual rights and why?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Mon May 16, 2011 9:55 am

Great Agram wrote:
Unhealthy2 wrote:
No one has a blanket axiom that "tolerance" is always good in all situations and contexts, and no matter what it is that is being tolerated. Stop playing childish semantic games.

well, that is hypocrisy

Not at all, actually.

I may be told by Neo-Nazis to be tolerant of their views, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be tolerant of them.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

SpectacularSpectacular
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SpectacularSpectacular » Mon May 16, 2011 9:55 am

Undivulged Principles wrote:-snip-

Educate yourself:
Same-sex marriage---Christianity
http://www.traviseneix.com/tag/christianity/
Same-sex marriage----cultural differences
http://stpete.usf.edu/~jsokolov/2410gaymar1.htm
More history for you:
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/homosexuality/
All life lessons can be found on Avenue Q.

Idealismania
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Idealismania » Mon May 16, 2011 9:56 am

The Corparation wrote:What makes them different then the next person when it comes to basic rights? None. They should get all the rights of heterosexuals. However for marriage rights, churches should also have the right to deny marrying them. which is fine as a church isn't needed to marry.

I agree with this. And as for where I get my views, I am a Christian so I guess I get my views (or at least try to) from Jesus. What's ironic is I'm one of the only Christians in my family and from what I can tell I'm the only one that doesn't hate people that are gay simply because they are gays. My dad isn't religious at all and he tells me about how him and his buddies used to go around "beating up the sissy fags" when they were younger.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Mon May 16, 2011 9:56 am

Wamitoria wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:I didn't mean that, i said it wrong. I mean i don't want a giant parade about their rights that will only cause trouble and damage to the city.They can make out in the public any time they want, but not to make a parade about it.Seriously...

I fail to see how Gay Pride parades cause trouble and damage to anyone.

Apart from the horrid fashion senses of the participants, of course. ;)

Well, if they hadn't thrown the parade, then those anti-gay protestors wouldn't have had to come out and shoot people, attempt to attack police officers and firebomb buildings.... It's clearly those queers fault.
Last edited by Tekania on Mon May 16, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Such heroic nonsense!

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Mon May 16, 2011 9:58 am

Wamitoria wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:I didn't mean that, i said it wrong. I mean i don't want a giant parade about their rights that will only cause trouble and damage to the city.They can make out in the public any time they want, but not to make a parade about it.Seriously...

I fail to see how Gay Pride parades cause trouble and damage to anyone.

Well here in Belgrade there were about 3000 people ho rampaged the city when the parade was, and people were hurt, and even killed, damage was caused to buildings and all of us knew it was going to happen but people just had to go and have that parade didn't they.And what good did it do, they didn't get any more rights, people just got hurt.
NSG's God of Derp and Randomness, Monarchist&Capitalist and a patriotic Christian Serb
Also, wubwubwubwubwubwubWUBwubwubwubwubwubwub...

"In this primitive world of greed and stupidity, peace can only be achieved through fear, a brute military force which will unite the world under one flag!"
"We know nothing, but wish to do everything."
"Kosovo is Serbia! Failing to acknowledge that either proves your ignorance or lack of education."
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Galenaima wrote:
BLASPHEMY! THERE HE IS! IMMA CUMMIN' JESUS!!!

*jumps out window*

I'm quite sure Jesus didn't wish to know that.
National Information
Join Slavya!

Lithatrius
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lithatrius » Mon May 16, 2011 9:58 am

-St George wrote:
Sanguinthium wrote:

Nonexistant. unless you consider being hanged, drawn, and quartered a right. in which case, the right is to be executed publically old style english treason way. Hanged, Drawn, Quartered.

Why: Leviticus 20:13
"A man who lays with a man as a man lays with a woman have commited an abommination; they shall surely be put to death. they have no one to blame but themselves; they have forfeited their lives"

as an islamic nation, we follow Sharia law, which coincidentally is almost exactly the same as OT justice.

however, women get off free. the reason is **Redacted**

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." - Jesus Peace Be Upon Him.
Aestalis wrote:There should be a comprehensive banning of sexual orientation based discrimination in terms of occupation, welfare, health, and the like.
Marriage, civil unions, and the right to adopt, however, should remain heterosexual privileges.
Sooo, you want more children in an already overstretched care system in the US, the reduction of the rights Homosexuals already have, and keeping homosexuals from marrying for what reason exactly?
Aestalis wrote:
Marriage is the bedrock of our society. Our population has grown and flourished around the family unit, and our societies have developed around the family unit, reinforced by the institution of marriage. The institution was conceived to, and has been maintained to, regulate procreation and the continuation of the human species. It has existed for centuries to facilitate families and kinship. The forming of families is the key function of marriage, and extending the scope of marriage to those who are biologically unable to procreate makes marriage itself redundant. The upholding marriage between man and woman simply recognises important and inherent differences between the two sexes. There is nothing unequal about recognising difference.

The government does not and should not regulate or concern itself with love, and if you argue that those who love each other should be able to be married to announce that love, then I seriously wonder about their notion of love that needs paper, formal ceremony, or nomenclature to justify itself.
Herp derp 1: teh gheys can into reporduction brah
herp derp 2: if marriage is the 'bedrock of our society' then why is the divorce really quite large? and why are homo relationships apparently more stable?
herp derp 3: Err, so you want the government to stop homos getting married but don't want the government involved in marriage? fallacy much?
Muffin Button wrote:Now none of this is to hurt anyone, You asked the question and i am answering it, but I am stongly angainst them and i shall prove to you with two scripture verses why homosexualality is a bad thing, now these are toned way down from other verses i could have used.

Romans 1:27 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Child, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but have eternal life"
Ezekial 16:49 “Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy."
Samuel II 1:26 "I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother; you were very dear to me. Your love for me was wonderful, more wonderful than that of women."
Mathew 5:43-44 "You have heard that it was said, "Love your neighbor and hate your enemy." But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

As a Christian, your use of the Bible as a way to condemn homosexuality is not only wrong, but an insult to His Word. All of Leviticus is apart of the Old Covenant, which is irrelevant to modern Christianity and was made so by the New Covenant, the Council of Jerusalem, and the teachings of both Christ and Paul, the former in Mathew 5:43-44 and the latter in Romans 7.

Paul, who forms much of New Testament theology (as the author/central source for Romans, Corinthians and others), never outwardly condemns homosexuality, and Mathew leaves it off a list of condemnable acts in his Gospel, and, of course, there's the central fucking theme of the New Testament, Tolerance, as evidenced by Mathew 5:43-44 which, for the third time this post, states: "You have heard that it was said, "Love your neighbor and hate your enemy." But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

Also, for the Bible NutsTM, I quote New International Version of Matthew 2:1-2: "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way as you judge others, you will judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you"
~ Lithatrius

• Houston Texans
  • New Jersey Devils
  • New York Mets
  • Memphis Grizzlies
  • Michigan Wolverines

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Mon May 16, 2011 9:58 am

Tekania wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:I fail to see how Gay Pride parades cause trouble and damage to anyone.

Well, if they hadn't thrown the parade, then those anti-gay protestors wouldn't have had to come out and shoot people, attempt to attack police officers and firebomb buildings.... It's clearly those queers fault.

Indeed. And if women would just wear sensible clothing, they wouldn't get raped. *nods*

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon May 16, 2011 9:58 am

Tekania wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:I fail to see how Gay Pride parades cause trouble and damage to anyone.

QED. A = A. Why is it always "A = A"? Why not "H = H" or "U = U"? Tsk.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Mon May 16, 2011 9:59 am

Tekania wrote:

The parade doesn't damage the city, it's the idiots attempting to shoot people and firebomb buildings that damage the city.

But people knew that the idiots would come!
NSG's God of Derp and Randomness, Monarchist&Capitalist and a patriotic Christian Serb

"In this primitive world of greed and stupidity, peace can only be achieved through fear, a brute military force which will unite the world under one flag!"
"Kosovo is Serbia! Failing to acknowledge that either proves your ignorance or lack of education."
Galenaima wrote:

*jumps out window*

National Information
Join Slavya!

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Mon May 16, 2011 9:59 am

Kleomentia wrote:

Well here in Belgrade there were about 3000 people ho rampaged the city when the parade was, and people were hurt, and even killed, damage was caused to buildings and all of us knew it was going to happen but people just had to go and have that parade didn't they.And what good did it do, they didn't get any more rights, people just got hurt.

That was the fault of the anti-gay protesters who caused the damage, not of the homosexuals.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Mon May 16, 2011 9:59 am

Kleomentia wrote:
Tekania wrote:
The parade doesn't damage the city, it's the idiots attempting to shoot people and firebomb buildings that damage the city.

Than the idiots should have been beaten senseless by the police.

Great Agram
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Agram » Mon May 16, 2011 10:00 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Great Agram wrote:there was a gay pride in belgrade in 2010. as a reaction on the attemped gay pride 10 000 antiprotesters came to the main square and fought with the police

So? That's more a comment on the state of Serbian culture than it is on homosexuality.

every nation has it culture, that must be respeced, you might do not like football and the serbs, so the serbs might call you an assholle for example. did you get he point: every nation has its own culture, you are from the diferent culture and you cannot judge them for that.

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Mon May 16, 2011 10:00 am

Wamitoria wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:

That was the fault of the anti-gay protesters who caused the damage, not of the homosexuals.

Yes, but again i say people knew it would happen.

Galenaima wrote:

*jumps out window*

National Information
Join Slavya!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon May 16, 2011 10:00 am

Kleomentia wrote:

Yes, the homosexuals should just be quiet, and stay indoors, and pretend that they are heterosexual, right? That's why God created closets, isn't it?

Again, more a comment on the sorry state of Serbia than it is on homosexuals.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Yavin 1221
Envoy

Founded: Apr 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yavin 1221 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:00 am

Kleomentia wrote:

The same can happen during a christmas or thanksgiving day parade. So if you're going to forbid parades for gay pride, then forbid for every holiday and special occasion under the sky.
99% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 1% sitting there with 3D glasses, screaming DO A BACKFLIP! Then copy & paste this into your sig.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Mon May 16, 2011 10:01 am

Great Agram wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:So? That's more a comment on the state of Serbian culture than it is on homosexuality.

every nation has it culture, that must be respeced, you might do not like football and the serbs, so the serbs might call you an assholle for example. did you get he point: every nation has its own culture, you are from the diferent culture and you cannot judge them for that.

There's a difference between being called an "assholle" (whatever the hell that is) and being shot at, beaten, and having firebombs thrown at you.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon May 16, 2011 10:01 am

Great Agram wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:So? That's more a comment on the state of Serbian culture than it is on homosexuality.

Were the people holding the parade from outside Serbia, or were they Serbs themselves?
Last edited by Farnhamia on Mon May 16, 2011 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Mon May 16, 2011 10:01 am

Wamitoria wrote:
Tekania wrote:

Indeed. And if women would just wear sensible clothing, they wouldn't get raped. *nods*

And God is responsible for attempted gay gang-rape for sending his messengers to visit Lot in Sodom.
Such heroic nonsense!

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Mon May 16, 2011 10:02 am

Wamitoria wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:But people knew that the idiots would come!

Than the idiots should have been beaten senseless by the police.

And again people are hurt. Why? Because somebody had to parade to "get more rights.Don't get me wrong, i'm not against gay's. I'm just against stupid gay parades.

Galenaima wrote:

*jumps out window*

National Information
Join Slavya!

Great Agram
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Agram » Mon May 16, 2011 10:02 am

Wamitoria wrote:
Great Agram wrote:well, that is hypocrisy

Not at all, actually.

I may be told by Neo-Nazis to be tolerant of their views, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be tolerant of them.

say that to thomas hobbes, that is his argument ;)

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Mon May 16, 2011 10:02 am

Kleomentia wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:That was the fault of the anti-gay protesters who caused the damage, not of the homosexuals.

Yes, but again i say people knew it would happen.

People knew that White Nationalists in America would be pissed when Obama won the election, but did that stop people from voting for him?? No, they didn't. The fault still lies with those who committed the violent crimes.
Last edited by Wamitoria on Mon May 16, 2011 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soheran
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Soheran » Mon May 16, 2011 10:02 am

Flameswroth wrote:To borrow a page from the Gaga book, "I'm on the right track baby" :)

This is one of the problems with that (stupid-but-wonderful) song: without some qualification, it encourages a kind of problematic relativistic narcissism in which you can justify all your moral failings by arguing that they're constitutive of your identity.

The substantive moral point of "born-this-way" rhetoric is to point out the reality of human diversity, and accordingly the diversity of human goods:for most people it would be contrary to their good to be married to someone of the same sex, but for some, it's directly in accordance with their good. It's not an entitlement for people to engage in behavior harmful to others.
Last edited by Soheran on Mon May 16, 2011 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Mon May 16, 2011 10:03 am

Kleomentia wrote:
Tekania wrote:

Yes, that's why the police were there to fight back the idiots and arrest ones that went out of hand.
Such heroic nonsense!

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Mon May 16, 2011 10:03 am

Kleomentia wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Than the idiots should have been beaten senseless by the police.

And again people are hurt. Why? Because somebody had to parade to "get more rights.Don't get me wrong, i'm not against gay's. I'm just against stupid gay parades.

Once again, protesting for rights is justifiable, while shooting at people (in this case) isn't.

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Mon May 16, 2011 10:03 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:

Yes, the homosexuals should just be quiet, and stay indoors, and pretend that they are heterosexual, right? That's why God created closets, isn't it?

Again, more a comment on the sorry state of Serbia than it is on homosexuals.

That is not what i said. I said that there is no reason for a parade that will only do bad things. Let them make out in public but why the parades?

Galenaima wrote:

*jumps out window*

National Information
Join Slavya!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General