NATION

PASSWORD

What is your view on homosexual rights and why?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Thu May 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Not the state's god damn business what adults do in the bedroom, or how they lead their life. What is there to discuss for 1200 posts?

/thread
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu May 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Draconian Races wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:They are, by the current powers that be. Marriage is not to be discriminated against. And if they aren't allowed to marry, then neither are you. Either everyone has rights, or no one has them; simple as that.

Id rather marriage be illegal than allow gays to marry.

And no, I wouldnt refuse other religions services, unless they majorly contradicted mine. (No, I wont serve human meat to any cannibal religion :P)

But it ISNT healthy, it IS corrupting, and I would rather disown my own child than accept them as a PRACTICING gay.

Note that I dont have anything against people who are merely attracted to the same sex. I am against those who do the *Acts* of homosexuality.

My lifestyle is healthy and not corrupting, as the health assosiactions state. So, please don't state such idiotic lies.

You have the right to not serve human meat at stores, as you have the right to choose the menu. Idiotic comparison is idiotic. And if you have no trouble with other religions, who are not of your faith or moral code, then you shouldn't be against gays.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Thu May 19, 2011 4:29 pm

New Asgariath wrote:4) No one wants to see a bunch of gay people making out.

That's kind of hot.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu May 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Niur wrote:I wonder, is it possible to have a discussion on homosexuality based entirely on logic?

For those pro-homosexuality? Yes. For those against? Not a snowballs chance in an oven.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu May 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:
New Asgariath wrote:4) No one wants to see a bunch of gay people making out.

That's kind of hot.

Just google image.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Niur
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Thu May 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Niur wrote:I wonder, is it possible to have a discussion on homosexuality based entirely on logic?

For those pro-homosexuality? Yes. For those against? Not a snowballs chance in an oven.

But why? My entire philosophy is based on logic, and unless you can portray your argument in an entirely logical manner, as far as I am concerned, I win by default.
"In cahuitontli ca otopan, yehuantzitzin yollochipahuac tonaz, yeceh yehuantzitzin tica imanimanmeh tlahueliloc telchihualozque. In cahuitontli ca teuctlatolli ic otopan, auh yehuan quitzacua, in neltiliztli, onyezque huetztoc!"

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu May 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Draconian Races
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Draconian Races » Thu May 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
New Asgariath wrote:4) No one wants to see a bunch of gay people making out. Ever. Anywhere. I don't wanna see it. If they must be gay, then they can be so in their bedrooms. It should not be legal. In fact, some people have trouble when straight people make out. So no gay!
5) People might as well start making laws so that you can marry your cat. Why not? If you're gonna be stupid enough to marry the same sex, why not marry a different species? Soon we're going to be petitioning for bestial gay marriage. Gay cat lovers. This is what America is being reduced to.

4: I do, nor do I mind. If they can't be open, then no one can.
5: Two consenting adults. That's all I'll say.

4. I dont. And, ok, lets ban all PDAs. Id truly rather make straights sta yin the bedroom, then allow queers to be queer openly.
5. Oddly enough, Im a bestiality advocate, to an extent.
If I step away from my religion, I actually believe that bestiality is a healthy expression of someone's relationship to their pet, or their physical needs. I wouldnt mind homosexuality being public IF bestiality was legal.

No, I am not trolling

That being said, as both are sinful and perverse according to my religion, I am against both.
Militant Judeao-Christian Crusader Religious State
WARNING: I am very conservative, and my posts may offend. I am not a troll, but I speak my truly held beliefs, offensive or not.
Political Compass Results:
Economic Left/Right: 5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.79

Marcheria
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marcheria » Thu May 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
New Asgariath wrote:I'm against gay rights.

Here are my problems with gayness:
1) It goes against my religion
2) It goes against the social code
3) It destroys the value of "the family"
4) No one wants to see a bunch of gay people making out. Ever. Anywhere. I don't wanna see it. If they must be gay, then they can be so in their bedrooms. It should not be legal. In fact, some people have trouble when straight people make out. So no gay!
5) People might as well start making laws so that you can marry your cat. Why not? If you're gonna be stupid enough to marry the same sex, why not marry a different species? Soon we're going to be petitioning for bestial gay marriage. Gay cat lovers. This is what America is being reduced to.
6) It's just gay!

There is so much wrong with this I don't know how to start. Pretty sure this a troll.

^This. New Asgirath, get out of this thread. You're not contributing to anything.
I'm BACK after a long absence! New sig to come.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Thu May 19, 2011 4:32 pm

New Asgariath wrote:I'm against gay rights.

Here are my problems with gayness:
1) It goes against my religion

So? Why are you telling others how to lead their life?

2) It goes against the social code

See #1.
3) It destroys the value of "the family"

No it doesn't. I know two gay couples with adopted children. They are two of the most loving families you'd ever meet.
4) No one wants to see a bunch of gay people making out. Ever. Anywhere. I don't wanna see it. If they must be gay, then they can be so in their bedrooms. It should not be legal. In fact, some people have trouble when straight people make out. So no gay!

Not the state's business of controlling behavior in public. It's not like there are men making out every where. If there happens to be a couple near you, look away. Problem solved.
:palm:
Can a cat say I do?
6) It's just gay!

You're just trolling!
IBC 7 Finalists
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu May 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Draconian Races wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:
4: I do, nor do I mind. If they can't be open, then no one can.
5: Two consenting adults. That's all I'll say.

4. I dont. And, ok, lets ban all PDAs. Id truly rather make straights sta yin the bedroom, then allow queers to be queer openly.
5. Oddly enough, Im a bestiality advocate, to an extent.
If I step away from my religion, I actually believe that bestiality is a healthy expression of someone's relationship to their pet, or their physical needs. I wouldnt mind homosexuality being public IF bestiality was legal.

No, I am not trolling

That being said, as both are sinful and perverse according to my religion, I am against both.

Good for you, and good for us all that you aren't a law maker.
Good for you once more, but beasts can't consent, unlike two men.

@}-;-'---

Draconian Races
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Draconian Races » Thu May 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Draconian Races wrote:

And no, I wouldnt refuse other religions services, unless they majorly contradicted mine. (No, I wont serve human meat to any cannibal religion :P)

But it ISNT healthy, it IS corrupting, and I would rather disown my own child than accept them as a PRACTICING gay.

Note that I dont have anything against people who are merely attracted to the same sex. I am against those who do the *Acts* of homosexuality.

My lifestyle is healthy and not corrupting, as the health assosiactions state. So, please don't state such idiotic lies.

You have the right to not serve human meat at stores, as you have the right to choose the menu. Idiotic comparison is idiotic. And if you have no trouble with other religions, who are not of your faith or moral code, then you shouldn't be against gays.

I have trouble with them, but usually other religions are less... expressed.
I would stop those from other religions, from violating mine. I would stop two gays or lesbians from holding hands, snuggling, etc.

Then again, I dont always know whos gay, so Im sure some would slip through the gaps... but gay/lesb couples would not be allowed.
Id Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone
WARNING: I am very conservative, and my posts may offend. I am not a troll, but I speak my truly held beliefs, offensive or not.

SpectacularSpectacular
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SpectacularSpectacular » Thu May 19, 2011 4:35 pm

Draconian Races wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:They are, by the current powers that be. Marriage is not to be discriminated against. And if they aren't allowed to marry, then neither are you. Either everyone has rights, or no one has them; simple as that.

Firstly, we feel the same way about your beliefs
Secondly, can you offer any proof that would validate this corruption that is relevant? Just saying "its bad because I think God says its bad" is not an argument.
All life lessons can be found on Avenue Q.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu May 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Draconian Races wrote:Id Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone

You don't retain that right.

@}-;-'---

Draconian Races
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Draconian Races » Thu May 19, 2011 4:38 pm

SpectacularSpectacular wrote:
Draconian Races wrote:

Secondly, can you offer any proof that would validate this corruption that is relevant? Just saying "its bad because I think God says its bad" is not an argument.

If they try to make my child consider being homosexual, or they say that it is 'acceptable', they are corrupting them. I dont want my child influenced by those I consider defiled and nearly sub-human.

Just like most people wouldnt want a pedophile as their child's teacher, I dont want a queer teaching my child anything. At least not an open queer.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Thu May 19, 2011 4:38 pm

Draconian Races wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:My lifestyle is healthy and not corrupting, as the health assosiactions state. So, please don't state such idiotic lies.

I have trouble with them, but usually other religions are less... expressed.
I would stop those from other religions, from violating mine. I would stop two gays or lesbians from holding hands, snuggling, etc.

Then again, I dont always know whos gay, so Im sure some would slip through the gaps... but gay/lesb couples would not be allowed.
Id Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone

Take your theocracy elsewhere.
IBC 7 Finalists
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Draconian Races
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Draconian Races » Thu May 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Draconian Races wrote:Id Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone

You don't retain that right.

Then my rights are being infringed on. I can politely tell them that we hold the establishment to a certain standard and will not let those below it in.

If Im FORCED to accept them in, then its infringing on my own rights

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Thu May 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Draconian Races wrote:

If they try to make my child consider being homosexual, or they say that it is 'acceptable', they are corrupting them. I dont want my child influenced by those I consider defiled and nearly sub-human.

Just like most people wouldnt want a pedophile as their child's teacher, I dont want a queer teaching my child anything. At least not an open queer.

They don't teach kids anything (unless they are teachers, in which case they teach math, history, etc.). They allow kids to make their own choices.
IBC 7 Finalists
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

SpectacularSpectacular
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby SpectacularSpectacular » Thu May 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Draconian Races wrote:

Wow, thanks for all that 'proof' :palm:
Again I say its your beliefs that are harmful and corrupting; my god told me so, therefore its true.

Draconian Races
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Draconian Races » Thu May 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Sibirsky wrote:
Draconian Races wrote:

They don't teach kids anything (unless they are teachers, in which case they teach math, history, etc.). They allow kids to make their own choices.

Not the ones I met...

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu May 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Draconian Races wrote:

Fist of all, stop using terms like "Queer" and "Sub-human" in an insulting manner. I don't appreciate it.

Second, a pedophile can harm your child physically and mentally, as deemed by the government. A homosexual cannot.

@}-;-'---

SpectacularSpectacular
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby SpectacularSpectacular » Thu May 19, 2011 4:41 pm

Draconian Races wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:You don't retain that right.

Then my rights are being infringed on. I can politely tell them that we hold the establishment to a certain standard and will not let those below it in.

Where did you get the idea this was your right?

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu May 19, 2011 4:41 pm

Draconian Races wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:You don't retain that right.

You do not hold the right to discriminate against others for any reason that isn't against the law, and to do so would be infringing upon their rights more so than yours.

@}-;-'---

Marcheria
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marcheria » Thu May 19, 2011 4:41 pm

Draconian Races wrote:

Your child won't be influenced into being homosexual. They will realize it on their own, because homosexuality is just an inborn trait. And I won't even comment on the fact that you consider homosexuals subhuman. The things I want to say right now would get me banned from this site.
I'm BACK after a long absence! New sig to come.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Thu May 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Draconian Races wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:

Not the ones I met...

I doubt you've so much as seen a homosexual, let alone actually met one.

@}-;-'---

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General