NATION

PASSWORD

What is your view on homosexual rights and why?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Niur
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Wed May 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Westmalle Tripel wrote:
In the end wrote:Personally I think its disgusting disgracefull & they can all go rot in hell, because u can not have a kid by stickin a dick in a mans ass & u can't have a kid by a chick puttin a strapon on & screwin the other ladies pussy it just ain't right natural or normal, hell have u read the bible

Now politically ya their people I shouldn't judge em they hve the same right 2 have marital "bliss" or as some would say hell, just causei & god don't aprove doesn't mean it should b restricted just cause some of us don't agree that's wat makes america great the freedom 2 do as u pleas, I may disagree 100% of who u want 2 b but I will fight 2 the death 2 make sure we both have the right 2 b who we want

Do you ever have sex for pleasure? If procreation is your only goal in sex I think you are probably gay.

Wtf?!
"In cahuitontli ca otopan, yehuantzitzin yollochipahuac tonaz, yeceh yehuantzitzin tica imanimanmeh tlahueliloc telchihualozque. In cahuitontli ca teuctlatolli ic otopan, auh yehuan quitzacua, in neltiliztli, onyezque huetztoc!"

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Wed May 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Freelanderness wrote:What language is this?

It looks like MIddle Low Troll. Been a while, though, I could be wrong.

Hmm, I can understand a few words... but not enough to make out the point of what he's saying.
He mentions chickens, donkeys, goats and cats... I'm not sure what that has to do with homosexual rights though
. ♕ I am your LORD and saviour, for I am Jesus Christina Confess your sins, and ye shall be forgiven. ❤ .
One of Le Sexiest NSers 2013. Call me ¡¥. Now a fascist because rape is bad, mmkay.
Meet the TET Pantheon
"What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you cry with you or kiss you, I love you." - Evey (V for Vendetta)
Alleniana wrote:
New Manvir wrote:Well, it's obvious the Native Americans didn't really have a history. They were just loafing about, waiting for some white people to show up so the real fun could start.

The party don't start till I walk in
-Tik Tok, by Christopher Columbus

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed May 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Niur wrote:
Westmalle Tripel wrote:
Do you ever have sex for pleasure? If procreation is your only goal in sex I think you are probably gay.

Wtf?!

I know, I was following along right until the last word.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Xsyne
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Xsyne » Wed May 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Niur wrote:Wtf?!

If procreation is his only goal in sex, it means that he doesn't find sex pleasurable. Since he's procreating, presumably it's heterosexual sex he's having, and heterosexual sex he is finding not to be pleasurable.
If global warming is real, why are there still monkeys? - Msigroeg
Pro: Stuff
Anti: Things
Chernoslavia wrote:
Free Soviets wrote:according to both the law library of congress and wikipedia, both automatics and semi-autos that can be easily converted are outright banned in norway.

Source?

Westmalle Tripel
Lobbyist

Founded: May 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Westmalle Tripel » Wed May 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

I was attempting to make the homophobe uncomfortable. The use of a lack of procreation as a defense for judging and insulting homosexuals is ridiculous.

Luciratus
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Luciratus » Wed May 18, 2011 5:35 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

Well, I do believe we should all aim to attain gayness in life. It is much preferable to sadness or other emotions.
Stop the killing! Free Libya!
Please, help Japan and Oceania in any manner possible. Pray or hope for their safety and health.
I am a Grammar Nazi. As such, I prefer posts that are comprehensible.
Cannot think of a name wrote:
Mosasauria wrote:War is a necessary evil. True peace is impossible.
As long as we tell ourselves the first sentence, the second one will always be true.

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Cameroi wrote:And I still say, 9 out of 10 fetuses would rather be aborted then be born unwanted.

Did you poll those fetuses on their opinion?

Ezekiel Bardoff (dictator)
Yavid Biram (chairman)
Yashua Mithridates (two terms)
Alistaire Hawthorne (current)

Factbook

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed May 18, 2011 5:35 pm

Westmalle Tripel wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:I know, I was following along right until the last word.

I was attempting to make the homophobe uncomfortable. The use of a lack of procreation as a defense for judging and insulting homosexuals is ridiculous.

It's difficult to make a true homophobe uncomfortable, short of itching powder in their shorts, and to do that you have to have access to their shorts. It's complicated. I do agree that the "Gehz cant have babbies" defense is absurd.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Luciratus
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Luciratus » Wed May 18, 2011 5:36 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Freelanderness wrote:What language is this?

It looks like MIddle Low Troll. Been a while, though, I could be wrong.

What a vulgar language 'tis.
Stop the killing! Free Libya!
Please, help Japan and Oceania in any manner possible. Pray or hope for their safety and health.
I am a Grammar Nazi. As such, I prefer posts that are comprehensible.
Cannot think of a name wrote:
Mosasauria wrote:War is a necessary evil. True peace is impossible.
As long as we tell ourselves the first sentence, the second one will always be true.

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Cameroi wrote:And I still say, 9 out of 10 fetuses would rather be aborted then be born unwanted.

Did you poll those fetuses on their opinion?

Ezekiel Bardoff (dictator)
Yavid Biram (chairman)
Yashua Mithridates (two terms)
Alistaire Hawthorne (current)

Factbook

The North Papal States
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The North Papal States » Wed May 18, 2011 5:47 pm

Great Anthonland wrote:
Episarta wrote:They should be given all the same rights as everyone else. There is no logical reason to deny them these rights. Can anyone give a good reason, one that does not invoke the name of a god or holy book or something of the sort?

Exactly. I haven't found anyone who had arguments against LGBT rights that had nothing to do with religion or outdated junk science.

Marriage itself is a religious concept. The idea that there can only be one man to one woman, for example, has absolutely nothing to do with logic.

The benefits (taxes and such) provided to married couples are meant to make it easier for them to have and raise children. More children means more workers. More workers means a more powerful country. Etc. Male gay couples cannot have children. Female gay couples rarely have their own children.

Honestly though, I used to be against it, but now I simply no longer care. Do what you want. Especially since it's a self-solving problem. (Gay people don't tend to procreate and pass down the genetic component of their sexuality.)

I'm more politically focused on destroying the Workers' Unions.

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Wed May 18, 2011 5:50 pm

The North Papal States wrote:
Great Anthonland wrote:
Exactly. I haven't found anyone who had arguments against LGBT rights that had nothing to do with religion or outdated junk science.

Marriage itself is a religious concept. The idea that there can only be one man to one woman, for example, has absolutely nothing to do with logic.

The benefits (taxes and such) provided to married couples are meant to make it easier for them to have and raise children. More children means more workers. More workers means a more powerful country. Etc. Male gay couples cannot have children. Female gay couples rarely have their own children.

Honestly though, I used to be against it, but now I simply no longer care. Do what you want. Especially since it's a self-solving problem. (Gay people don't tend to procreate and pass down the genetic component of their sexuality.)

Gay couple care for children in the adoption system. Most go un-adopted. Get more gay marriages, get more out. ;]
Last edited by Umbra Ac Silentium on Wed May 18, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

Demen
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Demen » Wed May 18, 2011 5:59 pm

The fact that this topic has stayed up for this long with such a lackluster OP is more vexing than why the homophobic government won't allow many rights to gays.

Westmalle Tripel
Lobbyist

Founded: May 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Westmalle Tripel » Wed May 18, 2011 5:59 pm

Great Anthonland wrote:

I think committing to a partner is logical and has served me well in my life. What the motivations for unfair tax laws are is only evidence of stupid people electing stupid leaders.

I agree unions have become to powerful.

I am off to enjoy the spoils of my illogical relationship, I promise not to procreate.

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Wed May 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Luciratus wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:It looks like MIddle Low Troll. Been a while, though, I could be wrong.

What a vulgar language 'tis.

'Ey na, this language 'as an vital role. By the bloomin' way, your father's lover is a Doug McClure.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed May 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Great Anthonland wrote:

Marriage itself is a religious concept. The idea that there can only be one man to one woman, for example, has absolutely nothing to do with logic..

Marriage predates religion; it is a contractual agreement between two people, or two families, on a union of love of social and economic benefit.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Sprye
Secretary

Founded: May 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sprye » Wed May 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Dai Coon Ree wrote:"It seems I have choosen wrong words, it appears I have hurt People with what I have said. I am sorry. I dont mind Gay People being happy, they can do whatever they like to do. But please can you do it more private? Its odd to explain my 7 year old Son why two man holding hands and kissing each other?
:blush:

Or maybe, instead of blushing, you could have used it to explain that not everyone is made exactly the same, done a little bit of parenting about tolerance? Clearly no need to be graphic about the details but you then have control, so when he does hear about it it's not in the playground surrounded by AIDS myths? Asking people to keep things private usually indicates that they should be shameful which is a message being passed to the younger generation, you don't know yet but the next generation of happy gay people could include your son

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed May 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Sprye wrote:
Dai Coon Ree wrote:"It seems I have choosen wrong words, it appears I have hurt People with what I have said. I am sorry. I dont mind Gay People being happy, they can do whatever they like to do. But please can you do it more private? Its odd to explain my 7 year old Son why two man holding hands and kissing each other?
:blush:

Or maybe, instead of blushing, you could have used it to explain that not everyone is made exactly the same, done a little bit of parenting about tolerance? Clearly no need to be graphic about the details but you then have control, so when he does hear about it it's not in the playground surrounded by AIDS myths? Asking people to keep things private usually indicates that they should be shameful which is a message being passed to the younger generation, you don't know yet but the next generation of happy gay people could include your son

This, and you could tell your son that the two men love each other. That's what people do when they're in love. Don't make a big deal of it and that's that.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed May 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Sprye wrote:

This, and you could tell your son that the two men love each other. That's what people do when they're in love. Don't make a big deal of it and that's that.

Yes, it should be no more awkward for the child than hearing how a man and a woman love each other.

Really, I find it disgusting when people say "I'm find with gays, but could they be a little less, you know, gay?" Its rather annoying.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

The Rowan Woods
Political Columnist

Founded: May 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rowan Woods » Wed May 18, 2011 6:55 pm

I'd have to say that I'm very pro-gay rights.

The fact that I'm lesbian might have something to do with that.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed May 18, 2011 6:56 pm

The Rowan Woods wrote:I'd have to say that I'm very pro-gay rights.

The fact that I'm lesbian might have something to do with that.

Nah. What made you think that?

:p

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Wed May 18, 2011 7:02 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:Yes, it should be no more awkward for the child than hearing how a man and a woman love each other.

Really, I find it disgusting when people say "I'm fine with gays, but could they be a little less, you know, gay?" Its rather annoying.

#1... until all of society is conditioned to accept that homosexuality is not "different", "weird", "awkward" or anything else, it will always be awkward to tell a child that some guys love guys and some girls love girls. Especially if the child says something like "why are there 2 guys kissing over there"?

#2... it's annoying because of the ignorance... how can a gay person be less gay? Unless those people are griping about the really flamboyant gays at which point, well... it couldn't hurt them to tone it down... it's like living next to a neighbor that likes music. If it's at a normal volume, it's not bothersome, but when the music is loud, annoying, and shaking the floor, they need to turn it down.
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed May 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:#2... it's annoying because of the ignorance... how can a gay person be less gay? Unless those people are griping about the really flamboyant gays at which point, well... it couldn't hurt them to tone it down... it's like living next to a neighbor that likes music. If it's at a normal volume, it's not bothersome, but when the music is loud, annoying, and shaking the floor, they need to turn it down.

The problem with that analogy is that the flamboyant person is not doing anything wrong. Loud music has proven to cause sleep deprivation, hearing loss, and other problems. Quite different.

@}-;-'---

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Wed May 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:The problem with that analogy is that the flamboyant person is not doing anything wrong. Loud music has proven to cause sleep deprivation, hearing loss, and other problems. Quite different.

That's about right.
I don't have a problem with flamboyant types, but sometimes, I don't know... trying to find the right words here... like um... ah forget it, it'll get ridiculed anyway...

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Wed May 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Yes, it should be no more awkward for the child than hearing how a man and a woman love each other.

Really, I find it disgusting when people say "I'm fine with gays, but could they be a little less, you know, gay?" Its rather annoying.

#1... until all of society is conditioned to accept that homosexuality interracial marriage is not "different", "weird", "awkward" or anything else, it will always be awkward to tell a child that some black guys love white girls guys and some white guys girls love Hispanic girls. Especially if the child says something like "why are there 2 guys of different ethnic backgrounds kissing over there"?

It's like a game of bigoted mad libs. Maybe not you in particular, I think you were just illustrating a point. But still, the underlying idea is identical.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Wed May 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:The problem with that analogy is that the flamboyant person is not doing anything wrong. Loud music has proven to cause sleep deprivation, hearing loss, and other problems. Quite different.

That's about right.
I don't have a problem with flamboyant types, but sometimes, I don't know... trying to find the right words here... like um... ah forget it, it'll get ridiculed anyway...

It's ok if you're scared of them. As long as you support their rights...
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Wed May 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Geniasis wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:
#1... until all of society is conditioned to accept that homosexuality interracial marriage is not "different", "weird", "awkward" or anything else, it will always be awkward to tell a child that some black guys love white girls guys and some white guys girls love Hispanic girls. Especially if the child says something like "why are there 2 guys of different ethnic backgrounds kissing over there"?

It's like a game of bigoted mad libs. Maybe not you in particular, I think you were just illustrating a point. But still, the underlying idea is identical.

I know that's not aimed at me... shockingly. I was illustrating the point, and yeah, it is identical. And rather annoying to hear people make the exact same arguments against gay rights as were used on civil rights.

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General