NATION

PASSWORD

What is your view on homosexual rights and why?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Hathradic States wrote:And I am a lover of theology. Still, this agruements are rusted at best.

Da richtete sich die Stimme ein zweites Mal an ihn: Was Gott fur rein erklart, nenne du nicht unrein Apostelgeschitchte 10:5

Using that vision, Peter basically said that it was okay to eat once unclean animals. That would be undoing part of the law, and therefor all of it.

The word of Peter trumps the word of Jesus?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue May 17, 2011 2:34 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:And I am a lover of theology. Still, this agruements are rusted at best.

Da richtete sich die Stimme ein zweites Mal an ihn: Was Gott fur rein erklart, nenne du nicht unrein Apostelgeschitchte 10:5

Using that vision, Peter basically said that it was okay to eat once unclean animals. That would be undoing part of the law, and therefor all of it.

Actually, that would be the words of the Angel who gave Peter the vision, who is the messenger of God. Peter merely told them to Luke when Luke wrote Acts.

Also, I apologize for the non-English. I only have a German Bible and I am not motivated enough to translate it.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Flameswroth
Senator

Founded: Sep 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Flameswroth » Tue May 17, 2011 2:34 pm

I'm still trying to process how fulfilling one law results in all the laws being null and void, personally. That seems like a huge leap in logic. It's not like a big tower of Jenga blocks that collapses when one is taken away or replaced...
Czardas wrote:Why should we bail out climate change with billions of dollars, when lesbians are starving in the streets because they can't afford an abortion?

Reagan Clone wrote:What you are proposing is glorifying God by loving, respecting, or at least tolerating, his other creations.

That is the gayest fucking shit I've ever heard, and I had Barry Manilow perform at the White House in '82.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Tue May 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Tekania wrote:Pfft, The Religious Right, hypocrites, complaining about the filth of Television, and gays and protecting their children while giving their kids this kind of smut to read stuff like Ezekiel 23:16-21

Abbreviated for length...

Um... I'm a member of the "Religious Right" and have no problem with TV, gays, and other stuff.
and I read that passage as a kid, mind you.
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Hathradic States wrote:Actually, that would be the words of the Angel who gave Peter the vision, who is the messenger of God. Peter merely told them to Luke when Luke wrote Acts.

Also, I apologize for the non-English. I only have a German Bible and I am not motivated enough to translate it.

Acts, I believe. And if the word of God, as given to Peter by an angel, as given to the rest of the world by Peter, trumps the word of God himself (Assuming a trinitarian worldview)?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Tue May 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Meryuma wrote:
Tekania wrote:there is a distinct difference between for example, two consenting adults engaging in a sexual act

Why "consenting adults"? If one must be an adult to consent, "adult" is contained within "consenting". If not, why say "consenting adults"?

Actually, no, I would have been better to phrase it as "legally consenting person(s)", as being adult does not automatically grant the power of legal consent (ex. cases of Adult Guardianship).
Last edited by Tekania on Tue May 17, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Such heroic nonsense!

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Flameswroth wrote:I'm still trying to process how fulfilling one law results in all the laws being null and void, personally. That seems like a huge leap in logic. It's not like a big tower of Jenga blocks that collapses when one is taken away or replaced...

I have come to fulfill THE LAW. Not a law in particular, the law, the law of the Old Testament. Not destroy them. Christians should still be stoning witches if contradiction of the Bible on any level is not permitted.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue May 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Hathradic States wrote:Actually, that would be the words of the Angel who gave Peter the vision, who is the messenger of God. Peter merely told them to Luke when Luke wrote Acts.

Acts, I believe. And if the word of God, as given to Peter by an angel, as given to the rest of the world by Peter, trumps the word of God himself (Assuming a trinitarian worldview)?

I never understood why they call the book "Acts". Well, I do, but I could have named it so much better.

To some it does. Evidently most, as only a few Christians I know hesitate to eat pork. (I, myself, do not eat pork, but that is for different reasons)

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue May 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Acts, I believe. And if the word of God, as given to Peter by an angel, as given to the rest of the world by Peter, trumps the word of God himself (Assuming a trinitarian worldview)?

I never understood why they call the book "Acts". Well, I do, but I could have named it so much better.

To some it does. Evidently most, as only a few Christians I know hesitate to eat pork. (I, myself, do not eat pork, but that is for different reasons)

Because pork sucks, ammirite? Perhaps the Jews were onto something...

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Hathradic States wrote:I never understood why they call the book "Acts". Well, I do, but I could have named it so much better.

In other words, you admit that my original point was correct: contradiction of the Bible /=/ Invalid theology.

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Tue May 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:I never understood why they call the book "Acts". Well, I do, but I could have named it so much better.

Because pork sucks, ammirite? Perhaps the Jews were onto something...

How dare you, sir. Bacon is a sacred ambrosia from God.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue May 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Geniasis wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Because pork sucks, ammirite? Perhaps the Jews were onto something...

Yes, turkey and beef bacon are good.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Tue May 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Hathradic States wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Acts, I believe. And if the word of God, as given to Peter by an angel, as given to the rest of the world by Peter, trumps the word of God himself (Assuming a trinitarian worldview)?

It's not really "The Book of Acts", it's "The Acts of The Apostles"
Such heroic nonsense!

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Tue May 17, 2011 2:44 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:Yes, turkey and beef bacon are good.

Filthy heretic.

*spits*

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Tue May 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Geniasis wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Yes, turkey and beef bacon are good.

Filthy heretic.

*spits*

If they shall make bacon out of birds or cattle, thou shalt take them out of the encampment and burn them as an offering to the lord, saving the fatiest bits for thy bakes beans.
Such heroic nonsense!

Niur
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Tue May 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Meryuma wrote:
Maddtopia wrote:Gay=STUPID

My boyfriend and I are actually very intelligent.

Actually, assuming he means the meaning of gay as "having or showing a merry, lively mood", and as the old adage goes, ignorance is bliss, then according to the Law of Syllogism, if ignorance is bliss and bliss is gay then ignorance is gay. As ignorance is a synonym for stupid and "is" means = in logic, his statement could be true. However, this is assuming that the converse of the first statement is true. Which is fallacious to assume, unless you can verify that bliss is ignorance.

Of course one could argue that knowledge could never really be known, as Plato might, and yet happiness might be, in which case in order to happy you also have to be ignorant. Of course on the other hand, is not to know happiness, the same as being happy? And if one cannot know for certain one cannot be happy for certain. Therein lies the real question. How can we ascertain as to what someone is, which in this case seems to be enjoying a quality of actual happiness, if we cannot know for certain what happiness is? Which means ignorance is bliss is an irellevent statement, because one cannot know what ignornace is nor what bliss is.

Yet scientifically we do know that bliss is the reaction between certain chemicals and certain neurons, so bliss cannot be unknown, meaning that, according to the Law of Contrapositive, if bliss is not unknown, then ignorance is not unknown. Yet this means that we must know what knowledge is? And yet how can that be? What is knowledge?
Last edited by Niur on Tue May 17, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In cahuitontli ca otopan, yehuantzitzin yollochipahuac tonaz, yeceh yehuantzitzin tica imanimanmeh tlahueliloc telchihualozque. In cahuitontli ca teuctlatolli ic otopan, auh yehuan quitzacua, in neltiliztli, onyezque huetztoc!"

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Tue May 17, 2011 3:30 pm

And a hush falls over the crowd.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Tue May 17, 2011 4:31 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Geniasis wrote:

Yes, turkey and beef bacon are good, but pork bacon is the best.

fixed.
. ♕ I am your LORD and saviour, for I am Jesus Christina Confess your sins, and ye shall be forgiven. ❤ .
One of Le Sexiest NSers 2013. Call me ¡¥. Now a fascist because rape is bad, mmkay.
Meet the TET Pantheon
"What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you cry with you or kiss you, I love you." - Evey (V for Vendetta)
Alleniana wrote:
New Manvir wrote:Well, it's obvious the Native Americans didn't really have a history. They were just loafing about, waiting for some white people to show up so the real fun could start.

The party don't start till I walk in
-Tik Tok, by Christopher Columbus

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Tue May 17, 2011 4:34 pm

Meryuma wrote:And a hush falls over the crowd.

Well, it was an impressive post. It kicked @$$.
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

Belkaros
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Belkaros » Tue May 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Marcheria wrote:
Geniasis wrote:
Hate on me, hate me on
I'll be gone
In a day or two

:rofl: Reel Big Fish rules!

Poor child. That is A-Ha or however it is spelled, and is one of the best '80s pop songs.

Marcheria
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marcheria » Tue May 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Belkaros wrote:
Marcheria wrote: :rofl: Reel Big Fish rules!

Poor child. That is A-Ha or however it is spelled, and is one of the best '80s pop songs.

I know, its just that I prefer the ska version.
I'm BACK after a long absence! New sig to come.

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Tue May 17, 2011 5:40 pm

I suppose a more intelligent proposition would be, "What do your views on homosexual rights matter?"

Because after all, this is America, and the opinion concerned is that of those whose rights are in question.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue May 17, 2011 6:09 pm

They're people, same as everyone else. And they deserve respect. Why I hold this view? Because I consider them with the same rights as me.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Tue May 17, 2011 6:18 pm

The Truth and Light wrote:I suppose a more intelligent proposition would be, "What do your views on homosexual rights matter?"

Because after all, this is America, and the opinion concerned is that of those whose rights are in question.

To which the proper answer is really that nobody's opinion matters. The Constitution demands that equal rights be applied across the board, whether others want you to have them, or even if you--for some inexplicable reason--didn't want them.

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Tue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm

I demand for every man and woman the same rights I demand for myself.
Last edited by Sociobiology on Tue May 17, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General