NATION

PASSWORD

What is your view on homosexual rights and why?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Mon May 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Dai Coon Ree wrote:
Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:<.< This is an OOC forum, fyi. We don't need parenthesis and such here.

"OK, its disgusting. Its weird! Actually homosexuals shall be put in Prison and hard labour. They twist the minds of society and be just unnatural... does this suffice for a posting? Even God hates you if you are a christian and you have read the bible.

Now hate me, but then dont ask Questions like this?

What is your view on homosexual rights and why?"

Your spelling and quotations are weird. You must be banned and thrown into F7 forevermore.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon May 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Geniasis wrote:
Aestalis wrote:
Marriage is the bedrock of our society. Our population has grown and flourished around the family unit, and our societies have developed around the family unit, reinforced by the institution of marriage. The institution was conceived to, and has been maintained to, regulate procreation and the continuation of the human species. It has existed for centuries to facilitate families and kinship. The forming of families is the key function of marriage, and extending the scope of marriage to those who are biologically unable to procreate makes marriage itself redundant. The upholding marriage between man and woman simply recognises important and inherent differences between the two sexes. There is nothing unequal about recognising difference.

The government does not and should not regulate or concern itself with love, and if you argue that those who love each other should be able to be married to announce that love, then I seriously wonder about their notion of love that needs paper, formal ceremony, or nomenclature to justify itself.

So if a man and a woman are both infertile. No marriage for them?

I believe he said yes to that one, ten pages or so back.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Mon May 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Norstal wrote:
Dai Coon Ree wrote:

"OK, its disgusting. Its weird! Actually homosexuals shall be put in Prison and hard labour. They twist the minds of society and be just unnatural... does this suffice for a posting? Even God hates you if you are a christian and you have read the bible.

Your spelling and quotations are weird. You must be banned and thrown into F7 forevermore.

But I kinda enjoy his/her posts. Kinda interesting to read. :lol:

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon May 16, 2011 7:05 pm

The Truth and Light wrote:
Norstal wrote:Your spelling and quotations are weird. You must be banned and thrown into F7 forevermore.

But I kinda enjoy his/her posts. Kinda interesting to read. :lol:

You have an odd sense of "interesting."
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Mon May 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The Truth and Light wrote:But I kinda enjoy his/her posts. Kinda interesting to read. :lol:

You have an odd sense of "interesting."

He is one of the bad grammar sympathizers. He too, must be thrown into F7. Guards, seize him!

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Mon May 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Marcheria wrote:Seriously, give me evidence. Convince me that God hates homosexuals. I'm waiting.

More to the point, convince me that "God" exists and that I should care what "he" thinks.

This actually raises interesting questions, whether you believe in God or not:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNocC85MU6w

Also if you're a Christian and you're going to use God as a reason why homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry, why would God make people who are attracted to their same gender if he hated them so much?
. ♕ I am your LORD and saviour, for I am Jesus Christina Confess your sins, and ye shall be forgiven. ❤ .
One of Le Sexiest NSers 2013. Call me ¡¥. Now a fascist because rape is bad, mmkay.
Meet the TET Pantheon
"What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you cry with you or kiss you, I love you." - Evey (V for Vendetta)
Alleniana wrote:
New Manvir wrote:Well, it's obvious the Native Americans didn't really have a history. They were just loafing about, waiting for some white people to show up so the real fun could start.

The party don't start till I walk in
-Tik Tok, by Christopher Columbus

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Mon May 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Freelanderness wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:More to the point, convince me that "God" exists and that I should care what "he" thinks.

This actually raises interesting questions, whether you believe in God or not:

Argh, the logical fallacies. The disconnection to reality! MY EYES! ARHHHHHGH

Runavik
Attaché

Founded: Sep 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Runavik » Mon May 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Freelanderness wrote:Also if you're a Christian and you're going to use God as a reason why homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry, why would God make people who are attracted to their same gender if he hated them so much?

Because it's just a phase they're going through, because the devil has taken their soul, because they were created by Satan, because they hate God and all that is good, because they just want to be immoral, etc.

Pick one. ;)
"American beer is like making love on a row boat... Fucking close to water."

Marcheria
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marcheria » Mon May 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Freelanderness wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:More to the point, convince me that "God" exists and that I should care what "he" thinks.

Also if you're a Christian and you're going to use God as a reason why homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry, why would God make people who are attracted to their same gender if he hated them so much?

BINGO!!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER! That's just what I was waiting for someone to say. Why the hell, NS, would God make homosexuals if he hated them?
I'm BACK after a long absence! New sig to come.

Marcheria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marcheria » Mon May 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Runavik wrote:
Freelanderness wrote:Also if you're a Christian and you're going to use God as a reason why homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry, why would God make people who are attracted to their same gender if he hated them so much?

Because it's just a phase they're going through, because the devil has taken their soul, because they were created by Satan, because they hate God and all that is good, because they just want to be immoral, etc.

Pick one. ;)

:palm:

Tortaya
Civilian

Founded: May 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tortaya » Mon May 16, 2011 7:11 pm

i think that homos cant help being homos so they should be aloud to be homos and marry their homo partners

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Mon May 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Marcheria wrote:

BINGO!!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER! That's just what I was waiting for someone to say. Why the hell, NS, would God make homosexuals if he hated them?

Why would god create hell? ;)

Dai Coon Ree
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dai Coon Ree » Mon May 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Gmodia wrote:
Dai Coon Ree wrote:

LOL, I am telling Neo that just so we don't have to see, Hallow is the Empire anymore, he, like me...believes all men are created equal.

"See? Thats the bias in this Topics? I have said I dont mind what and with who you have Fun in my 1st post in this Topic? AS long as you do it in your 4 Walls and not in public? Then as allways a person wanted a honsest and clear answer and I said "I PERSONALLY find it weird and disgusting?" Am I now blamed for being straight? How funny speaking about free opinion and rights?"
"The true Masters duty is to make sure his Apprentice will become better than him..."
DEFCON: 5
Proud Member of The Coalition of Omniversal Dominance
Member of The Capitalist League/President of the Assembly
IATA Member

Class C: Tier 0, Type VII, Galactic Power
Reading FACTBOOKS is good for your brain and some people put lots of effort into theirs!

Gmodia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Gmodia » Mon May 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Dai Coon Ree wrote:
Gmodia wrote:LOL, I am telling Neo that just so we don't have to see, Hallow is the Empire anymore, he, like me...believes all men are created equal.

"See? Thats the bias in this Topics? I have said I dont mind what and with who you have Fun in my 1st post in this Topic? AS long as you do it in your 4 Walls and not in public? Then as allways a person wanted a honsest and clear answer and I said "I PERSONALLY find it weird and disgusting?" Am I now blamed for being straight? How funny speaking about free opinion and rights?"

Did I say that you can't hae opinions and rights, uhh........I don't NO!, I did not, so don't go cring to me, but Neo really does not like it when people who are against equality are in his threads.

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Mon May 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Dai Coon Ree wrote:
Gmodia wrote:LOL, I am telling Neo that just so we don't have to see, Hallow is the Empire anymore, he, like me...believes all men are created equal.

People with bad grammar and awkward word placements should be killed in my opinion. They're different than us and they are weird and disgusting. But hey, it's just my opinion.

Where are those damn guards?

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Mon May 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Norstal wrote:
Freelanderness wrote:This actually raises interesting questions, whether you believe in God or not:

Argh, the logical fallacies. The disconnection to reality! MY EYES! ARHHHHHGH

>:D hehe I just made you watch that
. ♕ I am your LORD and saviour, for I am Jesus Christina Confess your sins, and ye shall be forgiven. ❤ .
One of Le Sexiest NSers 2013. Call me ¡¥. Now a fascist because rape is bad, mmkay.
Meet the TET Pantheon
"What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you cry with you or kiss you, I love you." - Evey (V for Vendetta)
Alleniana wrote:
New Manvir wrote:Well, it's obvious the Native Americans didn't really have a history. They were just loafing about, waiting for some white people to show up so the real fun could start.

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Marcheria wrote:BINGO!!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER! That's just what I was waiting for someone to say. Why the hell, NS, would God make homosexuals if he hated them?

Because, as the OT shows, god is an unimaginably enormous asshole and troll who delights in torturing his creations for the lulz.
Cool shit here, also here.

Conservation of energy, momentum, and angular momentum, logical consistency, quantum field theory, general respect for life and other low entropy formations, pleasure, minimizing the suffering of humanity and maximizing its well-being, equality of opportunity, individual liberty, knowledge, truth, honesty, aesthetics, imagination, joy, philosophy, entertainment, and the humanities.

Gmodia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Gmodia » Mon May 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Norstal wrote:
Dai Coon Ree wrote:

People with bad grammar and awkward word placements should be killed in my opinion. They're different than us and they are weird and disgusting. But hey, it's just my opinion.

Where are those damn guards?

QFTFT

Marcheria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marcheria » Mon May 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Norstal wrote:
Marcheria wrote:BINGO!!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER! That's just what I was waiting for someone to say. Why the hell, NS, would God make homosexuals if he hated them?

who knows if there is even a hell? I'm Jewish, and we don't believe in hell. Everyone, no matter how "bad", still has a little good in them somewhere. Therefore, no Hell.

Freelanderness
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Freelanderness » Mon May 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Norstal wrote:

For people who hate homosexuals
Meet the TET Pantheon
Alleniana wrote:

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Mon May 16, 2011 7:16 pm

I don't believe in a state, but, given that the state exists, marriage is not a matter that concerns the state.
Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Mon May 16, 2011 7:18 pm

Marcheria wrote:
Norstal wrote:Why would god create hell? ;)

who knows if there is even a hell? I'm Jewish, and we don't believe in hell. Everyone, no matter how "bad", still has a little good in them somewhere. Therefore, no Hell.

Actually, you bring up a good point. In Christianity, it was originally thought that being in hell is temporary and that it wasn't eternal. Then, somewhere along the lines (maybe during the dark ages?) this was revised and hell became eternal. I don't have a source, but this makes more sense, you know, with God being loving and stuff.

Christianity is indeed the epitome of hippy culture.

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Mon May 16, 2011 7:18 pm

Augarundus wrote:I don't believe in a state, but, given that the state exists, marriage is not a matter that concerns the state.

But, given that marriage does concern the state...?

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon May 16, 2011 7:21 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:Gay rights? What are those?

I only know of the rights that should belong to each and every person, no matter what they are racially, sexually, or religiously. Sadly, homosexuals are denied these rights in many places.

i second this

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Mon May 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Norstal wrote:
Marcheria wrote:

Actually, you bring up a good point. In Christianity, it was originally thought that being in hell is temporary and that it wasn't eternal. Then, somewhere along the lines (maybe during the dark ages?) this was revised and hell became eternal. I don't have a source, but this makes more sense, you know, with God being loving and stuff.

Christianity is indeed the epitome of hippy culture.

One of the other interpretations is that Hell is a place where you're kept only if you choose to be. Everyone's invited to the party, but it's your choice whether or not to stand outside.

Don't tell the evangelicals though, they'll get all pissy if they know minorities and poor people can get in.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General