NATION

PASSWORD

What is your view on homosexual rights and why?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sun May 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Han-Kuk wrote:My views:

What goes on in the bedroom between consenting adults is nobody's business but their own. Marriage and adoption should be afforded to all couples regardless of gender. Sexual orientation/preference should not be grounds for discrimination in hiring or joining the military.

What if consenting adults are in their bedroom, plotting to overthrow the government and institute a fascist dictatorship?

Is it still not my business?

And if they are as public with their affections as a straight couple, is it now somebody's "business"?
Last edited by Trotskylvania on Sun May 15, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Shikkago wrote:haha must we? I don't think furries should have rights. that's gross.

(JKJK obv)

You do know that, by and large, furries are bi and large, right?
Cool shit here, also here.

Conservation of energy, momentum, and angular momentum, logical consistency, quantum field theory, general respect for life and other low entropy formations, pleasure, minimizing the suffering of humanity and maximizing its well-being, equality of opportunity, individual liberty, knowledge, truth, honesty, aesthetics, imagination, joy, philosophy, entertainment, and the humanities.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sun May 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Unhealthy2 wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:It's more and more getting to be my preferred term for the whole gambit of lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgendered and other genderqueer in the movement. It's a fair sight shorter, inclusive, and easier to say than "those who do not fit the heteronormative value"

And it's sure as hell shorter than that borg collective of an acronym LGBTQIAF. I added the 'F' for furries, because the thing is eventually going to eat up the whole alphabet anyway, so I might as well speed up the process.

D for Dunmer. *nods*
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:What if consenting adults are in their bedroom, plotting to overthrow the government and institute a fascist dictatorship?

Is it still not my business?

Depends. Are they likely to have any impact? If not, then they're probably a good source of infinite amusement.

Conservation of energy, momentum, and angular momentum, logical consistency, quantum field theory, general respect for life and other low entropy formations, pleasure, minimizing the suffering of humanity and maximizing its well-being, equality of opportunity, individual liberty, knowledge, truth, honesty, aesthetics, imagination, joy, philosophy, entertainment, and the humanities.

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Norstal wrote:D for Dunmer. *nods*

Also ZN for zombies and necrophiliacs.

Shikkago
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shikkago » Sun May 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Arkinesia wrote:Meh, I think that the government has no place in the bedroom personally.

I disagree with the now-majority opinion that homosexuality is just A-OK, but I don't let my personal views affect my political views when it comes to petty issues like sexual orientation.

I think it's really awesome that you are fuckin' smart enough to separate your personal morals from politics, more ppl should do that. I think you're probably smart enough to challenge whatever misconceptions you might have about the immorality of an individuals gender/sex preferences, which have a biological origin and are not intrinsically harmful. Only because you are clearly one of the good guys at heart, keepin' the govt out of the bedroom & all, and I think that it can be very liberating to shake off one's old prejudices, it could really improve your life. Just a friendly suggestion, man.

Glorious Norway
Attaché

Founded: Jan 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Norway » Sun May 15, 2011 10:41 pm

Isn't paedophilia also something with which one is born?

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sun May 15, 2011 10:41 pm

Unhealthy2 wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:It's more and more getting to be my preferred term for the whole gambit of lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgendered and other genderqueer in the movement. It's a fair sight shorter, inclusive, and easier to say than "those who do not fit the heteronormative value"

And it's sure as hell shorter than that borg collective of an acronym LGBTQIAF. I added the 'F' for furries, because the thing is eventually going to eat up the whole alphabet anyway, so I might as well speed up the process.

Let's add "O" for otherkin as well. And P for "polyamorous"...

Hmm... maybe we can shoe-horn in "S" for swingers and maybe another "O" (perhaps O' ) for open-relationship?

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

Sucrati
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sucrati » Sun May 15, 2011 10:42 pm

They are Human Beings, not animals.

I think government has no right in regulating the behavior of it's citizens, however, the behavior that would cause any harm to others should be dealt with no mercy.
Last edited by Sucrati on Sun May 15, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 7.12; Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.92
George Washington wrote:"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sun May 15, 2011 10:42 pm

Glorious Norway wrote:Isn't paedophilia also something with which one is born?

Sure. But they don't have to have sex with them.
Last edited by Norstal on Sun May 15, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun May 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Unhealthy2 wrote:
Norstal wrote:D for Dunmer. *nods*

Also ZN for zombies and necrophiliacs.

I hate all of you.

:p
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:Let's add "O" for otherkin as well. And P for "polyamorous"...

Hmm... maybe we can shoe-horn in "S" for swingers and maybe another "O" (perhaps O' ) for open-relationship?

And M for mammals, R for reptiles, E for extreme fetishes, and A for all other things we missed. Don't forget V for vanilla.

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sun May 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Sucrati wrote:They are Human Beings, not animals.

I think government has no right in regulating the behavior of it's citizens, regardless of what TYPE of behavior it is.

Clearly murder is "A-Ok" in your book, and the police are to be opposed for attempting to bring that heroic murderer to justice. After all, the government shouldn't regulate the behavior of its citizens, regardless of the type of behavior.

In case the pattern wasn't clear, I dislike unthinking platitudes.

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sun May 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Unhealthy2 wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:Let's add "O" for otherkin as well. And P for "polyamorous"...

And M for mammals, R for reptiles, E for extreme fetishes, and A for all other things we missed. Don't forget V for vanilla.

Great! Now we just have to include Θ and ɶ.
Last edited by Norstal on Sun May 15, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sucrati
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sucrati » Sun May 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Unhealthy2 wrote:

And M for mammals, R for reptiles, E for extreme fetishes, and A for all other things we missed. Don't forget V for vanilla Vendetta.

Get it right :p
George Washington wrote:"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Norstal wrote:Great! Now we just have to include Θ and ɶ.

Hey, we better include 畑 and 呉 as well or I'm not playing anymore.

Shikkago
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikkago » Sun May 15, 2011 10:48 pm

reeeeeeally?

:palm:

sure, so is serial killing to an extent. WTF does that have to do with anything?

a child is incapable of consenting to sex with an adult, therefore any adult that attempts to have sex with a child is raping them, always, it's always bad, we all agree on this obviously.

Homosexuals are, by definition, not pedophiles.

An adult that wants to have sex with another adult is a completely different topic. Pedophilia has fucking NOTHING more to do with homosexuality than it does with heterosexuality, more like less to do with it.

Consensual adult sexual/romantic activity is not intrinsically immoral, ignorant persecution and discrimination pretty much is, that's at the heart of the matter.

Biological origin does not singularly determine an action's morality, REASON (tempered a bit perhaps with emotion, inevitably) does. Even if my sexual attraction were a choice, which it fuckin' ain't, there is nothing immoral about feelings of attraction.
Last edited by Shikkago on Sun May 15, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Sun May 15, 2011 10:54 pm

Shikkago wrote:

reeeeeeally?

:palm:

sure, so is serial killing to an extent. WTF does that have to do with anything?

a child is incapable of consenting to sex with an adult, therefore any adult that attempts to have sex with a child is raping them, always, it's always bad, we all agree on this obviously.

Homosexuals are, by definition, not pedophiles.

An adult that wants to have sex with another adult is a completely different topic. Pedophilia has fucking NOTHING more to do with homosexuality than it does with heterosexuality, more like less to do with it.

Consensual adult sexual/romantic activity is not intrinsically immoral, ignorant persecution and discrimination pretty much is, that's at the heart of the matter.

I hope you're not throwing teens under that "child" list.

Sith Korriban
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sith Korriban » Sun May 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Haletia wrote:The LGBTQIA community is very near and dear to me. Having many gay friends and family, this is something I feel passionately about. They are no different from straight people. I find it to be extremely ridiculous that this is still being debated. Why should anyone be denied their RIGHTS just because of who they love/are attracted to? It shouldn't be complicated. They deserve the exact same rights as EVERYONE else. Period.

I agree fully, with one exception. That frankensteinian monstrosity of an acronym has to be stopped before it assimilates the rest of the alphabet. I suggest replacing it with something short but broad in scope so each group doesn't have to get its own letter, say maybe "Sexuality & Gender Equality" so SGE for short?

One of the ones I've encountered is QUILTBAG, which is easier to remember because it actually looks like a word. And has that 'we're all in this together' feel. :)

In any case, I'm heavily in favour of equal rights.
~Dark Lady of the Sith
"Sometimes you have to walk in darkness to bring the truth to light"
"So be angry about that! Hate! Rage! Despair! Allow yourself, just once, to stop playing the game of Jedi Knight, and admit what you have always known: you are alone, and you are great, and when the world strikes you it is better to strike back than turn your cheek." ―Dooku, to Yoda

Shikkago
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikkago » Sun May 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Well hadn't thought of it initially but... yes I absolutely am to an extent, but that's a whole 'nother conservation, one I'd personally rather not get into right this moment. Suffice it to say that basically yes, I do believe it's immoral for an adult to mess around with a teenager.

I also want to point out that there is such a thing as a pedophile who makes the moral decision not to rape children, sometimes undergoing voluntary chemical castration.

But again, homosexuality and pedophilia are two completely different things, by definition.
Last edited by Shikkago on Sun May 15, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sun May 15, 2011 11:05 pm

Shikkago wrote:
Arkinesia wrote:Meh, I think that the government has no place in the bedroom personally.

I disagree with the now-majority opinion that homosexuality is just A-OK, but I don't let my personal views affect my political views when it comes to petty issues like sexual orientation.

I think it's really awesome that you are fuckin' smart enough to separate your personal morals from politics, more ppl should do that. I think you're probably smart enough to challenge whatever misconceptions you might have about the immorality of an individuals gender/sex preferences, which have a biological origin and are not intrinsically harmful. Only because you are clearly one of the good guys at heart, keepin' the govt out of the bedroom & all, and I think that it can be very liberating to shake off one's old prejudices, it could really improve your life. Just a friendly suggestion, man.

I like you, man. The way you write is like, totally chill. :)
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Sucrati
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sucrati » Sun May 15, 2011 11:05 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:
Sucrati wrote:They are Human Beings, not animals.

I think government has no right in regulating the behavior of it's citizens, regardless of what TYPE of behavior it is.

Clearly murder is "A-Ok" in your book, and the police are to be opposed for attempting to bring that heroic murderer to justice. After all, the government shouldn't regulate the behavior of its citizens, regardless of the type of behavior.

In case the pattern wasn't clear, I dislike unthinking platitudes.

I happened to CORRECT my reply but you quoted me while I was fixing it, so, read it again.

Unhealthy2
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unhealthy2 » Sun May 15, 2011 11:05 pm

Shikkago wrote:Yes I absolutely am to an extent, but that's a whole 'nother conservation, one I'd personally rather not get into right this moment. Suffice it to say that basically yes, I do believe it's immoral for an adult to mess around with a teenager.

I don't think it's inherently bad for an adult to have sex with a teenager. A child, well, it's almost always harmful, so yeah. However, it's only because of our attitude toward teenage sexuality that having sex with a teenage can damage them. However, even though it's mostly just societal convention, since it can harm them, I say you shouldn't do it. However, I still hold that it's not inherently wrong.

Shikkago
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikkago » Sun May 15, 2011 11:07 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Shikkago wrote:

I like you, man. The way you write is like, totally chill. :)

haha thanks; well I figure could roll in here all pissed off and be a dick to everybody- or I can enjoy myself and maybe learn something, teach something... so whatever, take the laughs when you can I guess and don't let the bastards get you down.
Last edited by Shikkago on Sun May 15, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sun May 15, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm all for them.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General