NATION

PASSWORD

Obama a bad choice?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Xanicea
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanicea » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Sibirsky wrote:
Maximinia wrote:Terrible.

TRUMP FOR EL PRESIDENTE

You want to go from terrible to worse?

Trump: because shit just isn't shit until you put the Trump brand label on it.

Also, I supported Reagan. Just because someone's an actor, doesn't mean they can't lead. Trump, on the other hand, is way too shrewd of a businessman to be a good leader. Good leaders need to follow their guts, not their pockets.
Sibirsky wrote:
Pirate Girl wrote:51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.

100% of government spending goes to "stuff government spends money on."

I know. I am just as shocked as you are.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Jedi8246 wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
Unlikely to be 'just as bad'. I find it hard to believe anyone - no matter how partisan - could seriously consider a racist hack multiple failure like Trump as though he were a real candidate.

Trump is good at exactly one thing - selling suckers Trump.

Trump is actually a rather good businessmen. I don't think that he would be a legitimate candidate, but it is not like he is a total idiot.

Yes, he's good in that he manipulate people into thinking his good; but considering just how many projects of his have failed, he wouldn't be a very good leader.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Ublakeistan wrote:
Xanicea wrote:
I believe the president you're looking for is George H. W. Bush.

No, because at least Bush was funny

Not really. Maybe George W. Bush was, though.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Dakini wrote:That should be their party slogan for the next campaign.

Perhaps Mr Obama could dress up in a Rambo style outfit with a US flag flying in the background and the motto should be "OBAMA: No More Mr Nice Guy".

Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho...
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Crescent Horizon
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crescent Horizon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Jedi8246 wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Well, withdrawing troops takes time, as we also need to give control over to Iraqi forces. But so far, he's been keeping the promise to withdraw.

Just not at the rate he promised. Of course, I don't blame him for that. I blame him for making promises he doesn't keep.

Like it was said before, the President cannot just wave a wand and all of what he promised during his campaign is completed. Things take time.
Last edited by Crescent Horizon on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Dakini wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Generally, the entire Democrat group needs to grow a collective spine.

That should be their party slogan for the next campaign.

Perhaps Mr Obama could dress up in a Rambo style outfit with a US flag flying in the background and the motto should be "OBAMA: No More Mr Nice Guy".

Yush.

Though, if we get any more "lulrepubs" in office, I may flee across the border into your neck of the woods >_>

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Jedi8246 wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
Unlikely to be 'just as bad'. I find it hard to believe anyone - no matter how partisan - could seriously consider a racist hack multiple failure like Trump as though he were a real candidate.

Trump is actually a rather good businessmen. I don't think that he would be a legitimate candidate, but it is not like he is a total idiot.

Just being off-topic is bad enough. Being so ridiculously wrong is just unforgivable.

I mean, one line, and you were categorically wrong three times?
I identify as
a problem

Ronald and Pennywise
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ronald and Pennywise » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Jedi8246 wrote:Trump is actually a rather good businessmen. I don't think that he would be a legitimate candidate, but it is not like he is a total idiot.

Just being off-topic is bad enough. Being so ridiculously wrong is just unforgivable.

well its a good thing you're a better businessman!

Caltica
Civilian

Founded: Apr 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltica » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Sometimes I think that people don't realize that they are being played by the people they elect. Getting elected is hard, almost anyone who is determined enough to reach high office is almost by definition not qualified for it. It doesn't really matter who you vote for, anyone who has a chance of getting elected (and most of them who don't) is most likely lying to you while you forget that campaign promises are not binding. If they told the truth, (for example: to eliminate the deficit taxes must be raised or ALL programs must be drastically slashed, rather that just bickering over a few billion dollars in small projects) nobody would ever vote for them because that is not what people want to hear. You are having unrealistic expectations, the job is hard and the people who run lie. THIS WILL NOT CHANGE. Get over it and go do something useful like fixing the problems yourself.

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Jedi8246 wrote:Just not at the rate he promised. Of course, I don't blame him for that. I blame him for making promises he doesn't keep.

Well, as someone said I believe, a lot of his promises have been stonewalled by Congress and the House. He hardly has control over everything.

But, now I agree with OMG. Jackson/Teddy, 2012!

You ought to check the Obameter on Polifact. Alot of the promises he has broken are on him.
Official Member of the Fall of Gods RP Council
Conservative Morality wrote:When you call Bieber feminine, you insult all women.

Agadar wrote:Next thing you know, God turns out to be some weird green space monster with tentacles and a monocle.

Khadgar wrote:Oddly enough, a lot of people who are plotting to harm other people aren't really interested in legal niceties.
Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook
Jedi8246 is a far-right social libertarian. He is also a non-interventionist and somewhat culturally conservative. Jedi8246's scores (from 0 to 10):
Economic issues: +9.53 right
Social issues: -7.91 libertarian
Foreign policy: -7.32 non-interventionist
Cultural identification: +0.92 conservative

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Dakini wrote:That should be their party slogan for the next campaign.

Yush.

Though, if we get any more "lulrepubs" in office, I may flee across the border into your neck of the woods >_>

If Harper gets a majority (hopefully he doesn't) then our neck of the woods might not be much better.

At least your government buys expensive stupid prisons because it has too many prisoners instead of randomly wanting to because the neighbours have them. ....but let's not get started on how much of an asshole Harper is (I'll leave a link if anyone cares to learn).
Last edited by Dakini on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Jedi8246 wrote:Maybe not worst, but probably just as bad.

No, worse. He'd bankrupt the nation.

Obama has bankrupted the nation figuratively. As bad as that is, Trump would literally bankrupt the nation. He would try to file for Chapter 11. Maybe even chapter 7.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Dakini wrote:
Crescent Horizon wrote:
Ah yes, the problem with democracy...

Psh. He had control of the house (I think that's what you guys call it) with a majority. He could have pushed through whatever he wanted. Instead, he wanted to be bipartisan which was a huge mistake. He should have just announced that he didn't give a fuck what the Republicans wanted until the Republicans learned how to act like decent human beings and got on the business of running your country the way the people who elected him wanted him to run it.

Dakini, I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but majority leaders in Congress do NOT have the same party control over their members that various assemblies run under the Westminister system do.

A majority in Congress just means you might have an easier time of passage.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Jesusvilleland
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jesusvilleland » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Ublakeistan wrote:
No, because at least Bush was funny

...Because funniness redeems stupidity.

:palm: you realize H.W. is not the George Bush that just got out of office right guys?

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Jedi8246 wrote:Trump is actually a rather good businessmen. I don't think that he would be a legitimate candidate, but it is not like he is a total idiot.

I'm not sure how I am off-topic or wrong. Perhaps you could enlighten men.
Conservative Morality wrote:When you call Bieber feminine, you insult all women.

Agadar wrote:Next thing you know, God turns out to be some weird green space monster with tentacles and a monocle.

Khadgar wrote:Oddly enough, a lot of people who are plotting to harm other people aren't really interested in legal niceties.
Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook
Jedi8246 is a far-right social libertarian. He is also a non-interventionist and somewhat culturally conservative. Jedi8246's scores (from 0 to 10):

Xanicea
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanicea » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Jesusvilleland wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:...Because funniness redeems stupidity.

:palm: you realize H.W. is not the George Bush that just got out of office right guys?

LOL at everyone who doesn't realize that.

Also, I specified H. W. Bush and not W. Bush because H. W. Bush began our downward spiral, while W. Bush just finished what his dad started.
Sibirsky wrote:
Pirate Girl wrote:51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.

100% of government spending goes to "stuff government spends money on."

I know. I am just as shocked as you are.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Jedi8246 wrote:Maybe not worst, but probably just as bad.

I hope he's only doing it for publicity and Apprentice ratings. I pray that it is the case.
IBC 7 Finalists
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Jesusvilleland wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:...Because funniness redeems stupidity.

Both Bush's were idiots.

@}-;-'---

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Jedi8246 wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:

He's pretty close. Steal Iraqi oil and charge high tariffs on Chinese goods? How's that for a platform?
IBC 7 Finalists
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Jesusvilleland wrote: :palm: you realize H.W. is not the George Bush that just got out of office right guys?

Both Bush's were idiots.

H.W> was not an idiot

Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Pirate Girl wrote:As the start of a so called "Change" for the U.S..Nothing has happened,what i saw yesterday said that more people are relying on the goverment for services.51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.What are your thoughts obama a bad idea or no?

Pirate girl

He's better than the freak show the GOP's putting forward.
They better put Charlie Sheen on their ticket, because that's the only winning they'll see in 2012.
The Andromeda Islands Factbook
http://iiwiki.com/wiki/The_Andromeda_Islands

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:49 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Dakini wrote:Psh. He had control of the house (I think that's what you guys call it) with a majority. He could have pushed through whatever he wanted. Instead, he wanted to be bipartisan which was a huge mistake. He should have just announced that he didn't give a fuck what the Republicans wanted until the Republicans learned how to act like decent human beings and got on the business of running your country the way the people who elected him wanted him to run it.

Dakini, I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but majority leaders in Congress do NOT have the same party control over their members that various assemblies run under the Westminister system do.

A majority in Congress just means you might have an easier time of passage.

Well, for the sane parties here it isn't always necessary to vote with the party (usually) either. The mace in parliament is just ceremonial now and the party leaders don't get to beat dissenters with it anymore (which would probably have hurt a lot since it looks really big). If Mr Obama could have just met with his own party and got everyone in his party to agree on laws (and negotiated with them prior or as he introduced the laws) then he could have just powered them through, no? That would have been much easier than reaching across the aisle.

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:49 pm

Sibirsky wrote:

He's pretty close. Steal Iraqi oil and charge high tariffs on Chinese goods? How's that for a platform?

I would never vote for Trump. But he does have savvy. Not political of course. He would be a terrible leader.

Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:51 pm

The Andromeda Islands wrote:
Pirate Girl wrote:As the start of a so called "Change" for the U.S..Nothing has happened,what i saw yesterday said that more people are relying on the goverment for services.51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.What are your thoughts obama a bad idea or no?

Pirate girl

They better put Charlie Sheen on their ticket, because that's the only winning they'll see in 2012.

There are a few legitimate GOP candidates.

Mitch Daniels and Ron Paul for example.

Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:53 pm

Jedi8246 wrote:
The Andromeda Islands wrote:

There are a few legitimate GOP candidates.

Mitch Daniels and Ron Paul for example.

And Gary Johnson.
IBC 7 Finalists
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

PreviousNext

Advertisement