NATION

PASSWORD

Obama a bad choice?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Norstal wrote:
Dakini wrote:His only mistakes was assuming that the Republicans weren't total douchebags.

He should have just pushed laws through when his party had a majority without consulting the Republicans. This is how you end up with such a shitty health care law.

Wow, the Canadian got it right.

Though, I suppose you have experience with douchebags with Harper eh? :P

Indeed. The Republicans in the US are like the Conservative party under Harper in Canada. They don't play well with others and they're full of fucking nutjobs. Except here, the nutjobs are prohibited from speaking their insanity by the party leader (because generally, Canadians don't like that shit so much).

Pirate Girl
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

No

Postby Pirate Girl » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Maximinia wrote:Terrible.

TRUMP FOR EL PRESIDENTE

I dont think i want a guy who host tv shows as my president.

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Al-Harakut al-Islami wrote:

TRUMP FOR EL PRESIDENTE

Lord, no.
Even worse than Obama.

Maybe not worst, but probably just as bad.
Official Member of the Fall of Gods RP Council
Conservative Morality wrote:When you call Bieber feminine, you insult all women.

Agadar wrote:Next thing you know, God turns out to be some weird green space monster with tentacles and a monocle.

Khadgar wrote:Oddly enough, a lot of people who are plotting to harm other people aren't really interested in legal niceties.
Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook
Jedi8246 is a far-right social libertarian. He is also a non-interventionist and somewhat culturally conservative. Jedi8246's scores (from 0 to 10):
Economic issues: +9.53 right
Social issues: -7.91 libertarian
Foreign policy: -7.32 non-interventionist
Cultural identification: +0.92 conservative

Yuktebonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuktebonia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Pirate Girl wrote:As the start of a so called "Change" for the U.S..Nothing has happened,what i saw yesterday said that more people are relying on the goverment for services.51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.What are your thoughts obama a bad idea or no?

Pirate girl

Obama is just a lazy fuck.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:34 pm

The lepearchauns wrote:
The Sovietyeto wrote:Under Obama the national debt has tripled and he has spent more money then every other president combined. Economy wise he is the worst president we ever had. He is very charismatic however, he would be a good diplomat. Also he is not able to be president as he was a native citizen of another nation. That matter is being investigated. Also if I have not convinced you the war with libya were in is costing us over 1.23 trillion dollars a day.

Is that a birther comment? He released his long form cirtificate today!

That's one bit of news today.

The other bit of good news is the thing we all already knew, but birthers denied - it's all about racism:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... iewpoint/1
I identify as
a problem

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Jedi8246 wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:Not quite. He's sticking to the Bush timeline.

:clap:

Obama seems to be breaking promises at an astronomical rate.

Well, withdrawing troops takes time, as we also need to give control over to Iraqi forces. But so far, he's been keeping the promise to withdraw.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Pirate Girl wrote:

TRUMP FOR EL PRESIDENTE

I dont think i want a guy who host tv shows as my president.

Something tells my you didn't like Reagan then.
Conservative Morality wrote:When you call Bieber feminine, you insult all women.

Agadar wrote:Next thing you know, God turns out to be some weird green space monster with tentacles and a monocle.

Khadgar wrote:Oddly enough, a lot of people who are plotting to harm other people aren't really interested in legal niceties.
Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook
Jedi8246 is a far-right social libertarian. He is also a non-interventionist and somewhat culturally conservative. Jedi8246's scores (from 0 to 10):

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Norstal wrote:That goes for every other presidents...

I believe Andrew Jackson actually did do whatever he pleased...

Which is why I've advocated or cloning Andrew Jackson and getting him elected ever since 2001. He'd fix this country up right and proper.
Although it might be a bit of a challenge getting him to work around things like black and/or female senators, having to treat China like a real country and suchlike.

I expect he'd think NATO was a great joke, though. The US leading a military alliance composed mostly of European states? Awesome.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Jedi8246 wrote:
Lord, no.
Even worse than Obama.

No, worse. He'd bankrupt the nation.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Pirate Girl wrote:As the start of a so called "Change" for the U.S..Nothing has happened,what i saw yesterday said that more people are relying on the goverment for services.51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.What are your thoughts obama a bad idea or no?

As opposed to what? McCain/Palin?

Present an alternative that I'd like more than a shot in the junk.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Crescent Horizon
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crescent Horizon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
The lepearchauns wrote:
Is that a birther comment? He released his long form cirtificate today!

That's one bit of news today.

The other bit of good news is the thing we all already knew, but birthers denied - it's all about racism:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... iewpoint/1

There is no excuse for ignorance.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:36 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:I believe Andrew Jackson actually did do whatever he pleased...

Which is why I've advocated or cloning Andrew Jackson and getting him elected ever since 2001. He'd fix this country up right and proper.
Although it might be a bit of a challenge getting him to work around things like black and/or female senators, having to treat China like a real country and suchlike.

I expect he'd think NATO was a great joke, though. The US leading a military alliance composed mostly of European states? Awesome.

Perhaps. We'd need a Teddy to clean up the mess he made after reorganizing the nation, though.

@}-;-'---

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Crescent Horizon wrote:
Dakini wrote:His only mistakes was assuming that the Republicans weren't total douchebags.

He should have just pushed laws through when his party had a majority without consulting the Republicans. This is how you end up with such a shitty health care law.

Ah yes, the problem with democracy...

Psh. He had control of the house (I think that's what you guys call it) with a majority. He could have pushed through whatever he wanted. Instead, he wanted to be bipartisan which was a huge mistake. He should have just announced that he didn't give a fuck what the Republicans wanted until the Republicans learned how to act like decent human beings and got on the business of running your country the way the people who elected him wanted him to run it.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Not quite. Claiming the power to assassinate Americans without due process? A mistake for a "liberal." Extending the Patriot Act? A mistake. The surge in Afghanistan? A mistake. Bush timelines for Iraqi withdrawal? A mistake.

Not even getting into economics.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Jedi8246 wrote:
Lord, no.
Even worse than Obama.

Unlikely to be 'just as bad'. I find it hard to believe anyone - no matter how partisan - could seriously consider a racist hack multiple failure like Trump as though he were a real candidate.

Trump is good at exactly one thing - selling suckers Trump.
I identify as
a problem

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Jedi8246 wrote: :clap:

Obama seems to be breaking promises at an astronomical rate.

Well, withdrawing troops takes time, as we also need to give control over to Iraqi forces. But so far, he's been keeping the promise to withdraw.

Just not at the rate he promised. Of course, I don't blame him for that. I blame him for making promises he doesn't keep.

Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook

Crontor
Minister

Founded: Jun 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Crontor » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Sibirsky wrote:
The Sovietyeto wrote:Under Obama the national debt has tripled and he has spent more money then every other president combined. Economy wise he is the worst president we ever had. He is very charismatic however, he would be a good diplomat. Also he is not able to be president as he was a native citizen of another nation. That matter is being investigated. Also if I have not convinced you the war with libya were in is costing us over 1.23 trillion dollars a day.

Your numbers, they are way out of the park.

Way out of the park...1.23 trillion a day!!!!????!!!!

That is more than the yearly US defense budget.... :palm:

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:37 pm

TRUMP FOR EL PRESIDENTE

You want to go from terrible to worse?
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Jedi8246 wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Well, withdrawing troops takes time, as we also need to give control over to Iraqi forces. But so far, he's been keeping the promise to withdraw.

Just not at the rate he promised. Of course, I don't blame him for that. I blame him for making promises he doesn't keep.

Well, as someone said I believe, a lot of his promises have been stonewalled by Congress and the House. He hardly has control over everything.

But, now I agree with OMG. Jackson/Teddy, 2012!

@}-;-'---

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Xanicea wrote:I believe the president you're looking for is George H. W. Bush.

Are you sure you're talking about the right Bush? I mean, he raised taxes to balance the budget...
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Jedi8246 wrote:Maybe not worst, but probably just as bad.

Unlikely to be 'just as bad'. I find it hard to believe anyone - no matter how partisan - could seriously consider a racist hack multiple failure like Trump as though he were a real candidate.

Trump is good at exactly one thing - selling suckers Trump.

Trump is actually a rather good businessmen. I don't think that he would be a legitimate candidate, but it is not like he is a total idiot.

Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook

Crescent Horizon
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crescent Horizon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Dakini wrote:
Crescent Horizon wrote:
Ah yes, the problem with democracy...

Psh. He had control of the house (I think that's what you guys call it) with a majority. He could have pushed through whatever he wanted. Instead, he wanted to be bipartisan which was a huge mistake. He should have just announced that he didn't give a fuck what the Republicans wanted until the Republicans learned how to act like decent human beings and got on the business of running your country the way the people who elected him wanted him to run it.

Fuck, I'm not even American. Though I agree with you're saying, but to me Obama tries to reason too much with those who refuse to reasoned with.

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:

Generally, the entire Democrat group needs to grow a collective spine.

That should be their party slogan for the next campaign.

Perhaps Mr Obama could dress up in a Rambo style outfit with a US flag flying in the background and the motto should be "OBAMA: No More Mr Nice Guy".

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Crescent Horizon wrote:
Dakini wrote:Psh. He had control of the house (I think that's what you guys call it) with a majority. He could have pushed through whatever he wanted. Instead, he wanted to be bipartisan which was a huge mistake. He should have just announced that he didn't give a fuck what the Republicans wanted until the Republicans learned how to act like decent human beings and got on the business of running your country the way the people who elected him wanted him to run it.

Fuck, I'm not even American. Though I agree with you're saying, but to me Obama tries to reason too much with those who refuse to reasoned with.

That's exactly his problem. He assumes his opponents are reasonable people when they have repeatedly demonstrated that they are batshit fucking crazy.

Chetssaland
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Chetssaland » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Ublakeistan wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:The job in Iraq is done, ten fold since we never found any weapons of mass destruction and toppled the regime, continuing to support the Iraqi government and training their troops. To claim otherwise is complete bullshit.

Their troops can't even read, let alone call themselves any kind of a military organization.
By all means, I want the troops to come home, I know alot of them, but you just can't yet

I bet you were up in arms when Bush was in office. I simply can't see any argument for being there when we're already spending too much. You can't blame Bush for Obama spending even more than he did. You can put blame on him for lots other things though. . .

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General