NATION

PASSWORD

Anal and Oral Sex

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kusatsu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Anal and Oral Sex

Postby Kusatsu » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Intestinal fluids wrote:
Kusatsu wrote:
Intestinal fluids wrote:Are you on anti depressents?

Uh, no, why should I be? :(
I am a very happy person, anti-depressants would only enhance that I think...

No i asked because a very very common side effect is repression of sexual desire.

Side effect of what? Depression? I can guarantee you my friend, I am not depressed.
:) <---See that face? Looks happy doesn't it? I am that happy.
Proud Member of the Corporate Fascist Party
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10701&start=0

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Maurepas wrote:
Saint Clair Island wrote:Those things, however, are diametrically opposed. Defining them both as human nature makes as much sense as defining both greed and altruism as human nature, or defining both creative and destructive impulses as human nature, et cetera -- all of the contradictions would render the definition just about meaningless for any practical purpose.

Not really, the things you mentioned already are considered part of human nature, my practical purpose for the term is A) in the definition of Homo Sapien, and B) in showing that these things happen no matter what because they are things Humans do...

I've read that sentence several times and it still doesn't make any sense.

Intestinal fluids wrote:
Saint Clair Island wrote:Nope. Well, what do you know! It looks like some people are just born nonsexual*, much like the people who are born heterosexual or homosexual. Amazing. :blink:

You can be born with no arms and no legs too, doesn't particularly make it normal. Would you deny the use of crutches or a wheelchair or prosthetics to help this lack just because you wernt born with them?

Being born without arms and legs impairs one's functioning and ability to lead a normal life, and is likely to cause distress to the individual so handicapped. One's sexual orientation, on the other hand, does not impair one's functioning except in a few specific and limited areas and causes no distress to the individual (except, in some cases, that imposed through the discrimination of others). Your analogy sucks.
Signatures are for losers.

Intestinal fluids
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Intestinal fluids » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Kusatsu wrote:

Side effect of what? Depression? I can guarantee you my friend, I am not depressed.
:) <---See that face? Looks happy doesn't it? I am that happy.

LOL no a common side effect of antidepressents is supression of sexual drive. Hence the reason i asked.

Tiesabre
Ambassador

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiesabre » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:50 pm

Ifreann wrote:Of the species, not the individual. In some cases, reproduction leads swiftly to the death of the individual.

I'll give you that one. But some animals have such short life spans fruit flies and other animals I can't think of, it seems that their entire purpose is to mate as much as they possibly can.
Psycho Baby: I find atheists who disparage others for believing are not any better than theists who try to shove it down others' throats.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.26
Miss. Vivian Smith, Foreign Affairs-in-Chief and WA Ambassador

Intestinal fluids
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Intestinal fluids » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Saint Clair Island wrote:Being born without arms and legs impairs one's functioning and ability to lead a normal life, and is likely to cause distress to the individual so handicapped. One's sexual orientation, on the other hand, does not impair one's functioning except in a few specific and limited areas and causes no distress to the individual (except, in some cases, that imposed through the discrimination of others). Your analogy sucks.

Your just cranky cause you havnt gotten laid ;)

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:52 pm

Ifreann wrote:Of the species, not the individual. In some cases, reproduction leads swiftly to the death of the individual.

Actually, it is neither the species nor the individual that is favored by natural selection. The object that things evolve for the benefit of is the genes.
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Kusatsu wrote:
Saint Clair Island wrote:Nope. Well, what do you know! It looks like some people are just born nonsexual*, much like the people who are born heterosexual or homosexual. Amazing. :blink:

*Well, all right, I don't identify as "nonsexual" but as "antisexual", but that's a different matter entirely.

Taking from the literal meaning of anti-sexual as you said it, that description fits me well also. Hm, maybe we should start a research about this particular phenomenon, could be more common than I have always thought it was.

Apparently, 1% of the general population identifies as "asexual", according to Wikipedia. Presumably there are more credible sources for that figure floating around, but I don't care to look for them since the subject doesn't interest me much.

Deus Malum
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Deus Malum » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Fassitude wrote:Because they feel fantastic. That's why. Try them, and you'll see.

This.
"Blood for the Blood God!" - Khorne Berserker
"Harriers for the Cup!" *shoots* - Ciaphas Cain, Hero of the Imperium

Kusatsu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kusatsu » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Intestinal fluids wrote:
Saint Clair Island wrote:Being born without arms and legs impairs one's functioning and ability to lead a normal life, and is likely to cause distress to the individual so handicapped. One's sexual orientation, on the other hand, does not impair one's functioning except in a few specific and limited areas and causes no distress to the individual (except, in some cases, that imposed through the discrimination of others). Your analogy sucks.

You don't seem to get the point: he nor I have any desire whatsoever to have sex.

That's like me saying you are just upset because you don't own red chopsticks. It simply doesn't apply whatsoever.

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Intestinal fluids wrote:

Who said I'm cranky? I'm actually in a pretty good mood right now. :P (When I'm in a bad mood I tend not to go on the internet because experience has long since shown me that posts I make in that state are things I really regret saying later on.)

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Saint Clair Island wrote:
Maurepas wrote:
Saint Clair Island wrote:Those things, however, are diametrically opposed. Defining them both as human nature makes as much sense as defining both greed and altruism as human nature, or defining both creative and destructive impulses as human nature, et cetera -- all of the contradictions would render the definition just about meaningless for any practical purpose.

Not really, the things you mentioned already are considered part of human nature, my practical purpose for the term is A) in the definition of Homo Sapien, and B) in showing that these things happen no matter what because they are things Humans do...

I've read that sentence several times and it still doesn't make any sense.

Hmmm...Ill try to explain my thought process on the matter...

What I mean is that Greed and Altruism are both things humans have, and therefore I would consider them part of Human Nature, the concept being used in the defining of Homo Sapiens as both are actions that members of the species will do...

As well, I would use the concept to show that any attempt to stop things such as Greed will fail, as they are an inherent part of the species itself...

Tiesabre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiesabre » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:One could argue that.

But since the two aren't the same the 'one real function of organic life' is survival, not reproduction.

One can survive without reproducing. One can't reproduce without surviving (long enough).

This might sound idiotic, but I hope it makes sense as much as it does in my head.

One cannot survive, neigh exist, without reproduction.
Psycho Baby: I find atheists who disparage others for believing are not any better than theists who try to shove it down others' throats.
Political Compass:

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Kusatsu wrote:
Intestinal fluids wrote:

You don't seem to get the point: he nor I have any desire whatsoever to have sex.

It's a joke, man. Get a girlfriend, you'll lighten up.

Kusatsu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kusatsu » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:57 pm

Kusatsu wrote:
Intestinal fluids wrote:Your just cranky cause you havnt gotten laid ;)

It's a joke, man. Get a girlfriend, you'll lighten up.

I do have a girlfriend. :(

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:58 pm

Maurepas wrote:Hmmm...Ill try to explain my thought process on the matter...

What I mean is that Greed and Altruism are both things humans have, and therefore I would consider them part of Human Nature, the concept being used in the defining of Homo Sapiens as both are actions that members of the species will do...

As well, I would use the concept to show that any attempt to stop things such as Greed will fail, as they are an inherent part of the species itself...

Greed and altruism, however, are opposites. Moreover, some individuals are naturally more altruistic than others. Such an argument is therefore flawed since greed isn't an inherent part of the "species itself"; it's an inherent part of some individuals, perhaps, but not all of them. One can stop things such as greed by, say, killing all the people whose faculty of greed exceeds that of altruism. Of course, nobody would do this since altruistic people would value the greedy people's welfare and thus refuse to kill them, but if it did nonetheless happen, greed would be effectively stamped out.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:58 pm

Tiesabre wrote:

But since the two aren't the same the 'one real function of organic life' is survival, not reproduction.

One can survive without reproducing. One can't reproduce without surviving (long enough).

This might sound idiotic, but I hope it makes sense as much as it does in my head.

Yes, you can, if you want to...

Being born isnt a part of survival, as in order for you to survive it has to have already happened...

Nshaw94
Civilian

Founded: Aug 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nshaw94 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:58 pm

oral :p

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Kusatsu wrote:I do have a girlfriend. :(

Well, clearly she and you don't do the horizontal mambo nearly often enough.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Tiesabre wrote:

You are right.

That doesn't make sense.
I identify as
a problem

Czechomany
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechomany » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:59 pm

La Habana wrote:Hows about a step beyond anal sex: Felching.

Or a step beyond even that: Snowballing.

*Barfs*

I am 14, and this discussion is lawls. I hate anal, but i think oral would be for me [I am still a virgin].

But seriously, how clean can you really get that part of your body?

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Maurepas wrote:Hmmm...Ill try to explain my thought process on the matter...

Greed and altruism, however, are opposites. Moreover, some individuals are naturally more altruistic than others. Such an argument is therefore flawed since greed isn't an inherent part of the "species itself"; it's an inherent part of some individuals, perhaps, but not all of them. One can stop things such as greed by, say, killing all the people whose faculty of greed exceeds that of altruism. Of course, nobody would do this since altruistic people would value the greedy people's welfare and thus refuse to kill them, but if it did nonetheless happen, greed would be effectively stamped out.

No, it wouldnt if your population does reproduce, you will have more greedy people, it is inevitable, and you will have to kill them, which, in fact the killing of greedy people, may even be considered greedy in and of itself, therefore there will be nothing but greedy people left, ;)

Not to mention, opposites can be part of the same concept, for example, Positives and Negatives are both a part of the concept of Integers...
Last edited by Maurepas on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kusatsu
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kusatsu » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:01 pm

Kusatsu wrote:I do have a girlfriend. :(

Well, clearly she and you don't do the horizontal mambo nearly often enough.

Only as often as she wants to. ;)
And why would that matter to me anyway?

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Czechomany wrote:
La Habana wrote:Hows about a step beyond anal sex: Felching.

Or a step beyond even that: Snowballing.

*Barfs*

I am 14, and this discussion is lawls. I hate anal, but i think oral would be for me [I am still a virgin].

But seriously, how clean can you really get that part of your body?

As far as you are willing to go to clean it, presumably...

Tiesabre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiesabre » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:04 pm

Maurepas wrote:This might sound idiotic, but I hope it makes sense as much as it does in my head.

Yes, you can, if you want to...

Being born isnt a part of survival, as in order for you to survive it has to have already happened...[/quote]
Ahh, but many would say it is. If an organism dies during its birth, has it not failed to survive?

Ahh, but now we're getting so deep into it my brain is starting to hurt. What we're talking about is so deep we'd have to go all the way back to the very first living organism which by evolution stand points, came from something that wasn't living.

I leave with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reproducti ... production
Political Compass:

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Tiesabre wrote:Ahh, but many would say it is. If an organism dies during its birth, has it not failed to survive?

Ahh, but now we're getting so deep into it my brain is starting to hurt. What we're talking about is so deep we'd have to go all the way back to the very first living organism which by evolution stand points, came from something that wasn't living.

I leave with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reproducti ... production

That doesnt mean they are correct, however, ;)

I would say if an organism dies during birth, it never began the process of survival, and, in fact, I wouldnt consider it having ever been alive...

Only if it has made it out of the womb, then died, would it have failed in this respect, imo...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General