NATION

PASSWORD

male's choice in abortion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:32 am

Arilando wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:
In the eyes of the law, it's equal.

The law is fucking retarded.

Well then....don't have a child? You know, get a vasectomy, use a condom, or I dunno, maybe not have sex?

Honestly, what's so hard to understand about this?

Arilando
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Arilando » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:34 am

Wilgrove wrote:
Arilando wrote:The law is fucking retarded.

Well then....don't have a child? You know, get a vasectomy, use a condom, or I dunno, maybe not have sex?

Honestly, what's so hard to understand about this?

Your are arguments are as good as the pro-life argument. They are practically identical, i mean really your argueing the exact same thing that pro-life people argue.

Arilando
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arilando » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:35 am

Birth controll is not 100% effective, and simply saying dont have sex is so fucking retarded it's not worthy of a reply.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:38 am

Arilando wrote:Birth controll is not 100% effective, and simply saying dont have sex is so fucking retarded it's not worthy of a reply.

So you're basically saying that you don't want the responsibility of an adult, right?

Well ok then, first off you'll be fired from your job, your driver's license will be revoked, oh we'll be repossessing your house, and you'll have to move back in with your parents. But hey, look on the bright side, you won't have to worry about accepting any adult responsibility, because you won't be considered an adult! You can be a child and be treated like a child for as long as you want!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:38 am

Arilando wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:
In the eyes of the law, it's equal.

The law is fucking retarded.

Tsk. You let a perfectly good Dickensian allusion get away. The law, sir, is what it is until changed. You do have the right to change it.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:39 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Arilando wrote:The law is fucking retarded.

Tsk. You let a perfectly good Dickensian allusion get away. The law, sir, is what it is until changed. You do have the right to change it.

Just don't be surprised if you're laughed out of court.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:42 am

Arilando wrote:Birth controll is not 100% effective, and simply saying dont have sex is so fucking retarded it's not worthy of a reply.

And yet you did reply. Don't the anti-choice forces also encourage "abstinence only" sex education programs? If it's good enough for school children, should abstinence be good enough for you? Or is it true, as Wilgrove says, that you simply don't want to own up to your responsibilities? You know how they put up signs in stores saying, "You break it, you bought it?" Well, perhaps a motto for sexual relations should be, "You squirt it, you support it." Doesn't have quite the same ring, but you get the idea. Ideally, you know, this question should be one that a man and a woman decide together. It seems that all too often it's the woman who has to be the adult.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:43 am

Wilgrove wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Tsk. You let a perfectly good Dickensian allusion get away. The law, sir, is what it is until changed. You do have the right to change it.

Just don't be surprised if you're laughed out of court.

Yes, but he can try. He has that right. Success is not guaranteed, however.

Arilando
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arilando » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:45 am

Wilgrove wrote:

So you're basically saying that you don't want the responsibility of an adult, right?

Well ok then, first off you'll be fired from your job, your driver's license will be revoked, oh we'll be repossessing your house, and you'll have to move back in with your parents. But hey, look on the bright side, you won't have to worry about accepting any adult responsibility, because you won't be considered an adult! You can be a child and be treated like a child for as long as you want!

LOL that's not even an argument. I'm just saying i want equal responsibility to that of women, they should not have less responsibility.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:47 am

Arilando wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

LOL that's not even an argument. I'm just saying i want equal responsibility to that of women, they should not have less responsibility.

No, what YOU"RE arguing is that you don't want to owe up to your responsibility, or a lack thereof, whatever the case may be. Because any responsible adult would've either talk to their partner about their intention on having children, and/or taken preventative measures when it comes to having (or not having) a child.

Your argument boils down to this.

WHHAAAA WHAAAAA, I HAD SEX AND NOW I HAVE TO FACE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF IT, BUT I DON'T WANNNA! WHAAAAA WHAAAAAAA!"

I think I speak for all REAL men, when I say, Man up.

Arilando
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arilando » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:51 am

Wilgrove wrote:
Arilando wrote:LOL that's not even an argument. I'm just saying i want equal responsibility to that of women, they should not have less responsibility.

No, what YOU"RE arguing is that you don't want to owe up to your responsibility, or a lack thereof, whatever the case may be. Because any responsible adult would've either talk to their partner about their intention on having children, and/or taken preventative measures when it comes to having (or not having) a child.

WHHAAAA WHAAAAA, I HAD SEX AND NOW I HAVE TO FACE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF IT, BUT I DON'T WANNNA! WHAAAAA WHAAAAAAA!"

I support gender equality. All i can say is that you should not have different responsibilities and power depending on your gender.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:53 am

Arilando wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:if the child cant take care of itself it deserves to die.

No :palm:

why are you so confused? if no one takes care of a child it dies.
whatever

Arilando
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arilando » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:55 am

Farnhamia wrote:

And yet you did reply. Don't the anti-choice forces also encourage "abstinence only" sex education programs? If it's good enough for school children, should abstinence be good enough for you? Or is it true, as Wilgrove says, that you simply don't want to own up to your responsibilities? You know how they put up signs in stores saying, "You break it, you bought it?" Well, perhaps a motto for sexual relations should be, "You squirt it, you support it." Doesn't have quite the same ring, but you get the idea. Ideally, you know, this question should be one that a man and a woman decide together. It seems that all too often it's the woman who has to be the adult.

1. i do not support abstinence only education
2. women dont want to take responsibility by having an abortion. We should enforce responsibility on women like we currently do on men (by child support laws) by illegalising abortion. If you support state enforced responsibility on men would't you support state enforced responsibility on women too?

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:55 am

Arilando wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

I support gender equality. All i can say is that you should not have different responsibilities and power depending on your gender.

No, you support a legal way for deadbeats and asshole to skirt their responsibility to their spawn. This is not a gender equality issue and you know it.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:57 am

Arilando wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:
I think you mean exception, and no they're not. They have a choice to, in terms of birth control and whether or not to engage in the sexual act of.....sex. Yes, even abortion is an option opened to her.

they are an exception in that they dont need to be held responsible because they can just have an abortion.

"just having an abortion" is having to deal with the consequences of sex. women cant escape responsibility.
whatever

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:00 am

Ashmoria wrote:
Arilando wrote:they are an exception in that they dont need to be held responsible because they can just have an abortion.

"just having an abortion" is having to deal with the consequences of sex. women cant escape responsibility.

Maybe the "male abortion" crowd just want to see women suffer?

"How DARE you let me put my dick in you?! This painful child birth will SHOW YOU!"

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:02 am

Wilgrove wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:"just having an abortion" is having to deal with the consequences of sex. women cant escape responsibility.

"How DARE you let me put my dick in you?! This painful child birth will SHOW YOU!"

how dare you have a baby against my will!!
whatever

Myrensis
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Myrensis » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:09 am

Arilando wrote:Your are arguments are as good as the pro-life argument. They are practically identical, i mean really your argueing the exact same thing that pro-life people argue.

Yeah, but those arguments only apply to men, suggesting that women be held to the same standard makes you a mysoginist.

Wilgrove wrote:No, you support a legal way for deadbeats and asshole to skirt their responsibility to their spawn. This is not a gender equality issue and you know it.

As opposed to the simpler expedient of just killing your spawn so you don't have to deal with it?
Last edited by Myrensis on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posthuman States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Posthuman States » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:15 am

The argument not to have sex is really stupid. Most of the human population are not rational entities that can achieve total suppression over ancient and conserved biochemical pathways in the brain. People are still mostly animals, and we do mostly what animals do... Psychology and neuroscience has shown us again and again that rationality and control have less of an input into our lives than we would like to think.

And no, the male should not need to take care of an unwanted child. The woman has plenty of time to abort what is essentially a tumor until higher brain function develops. By choosing to opt out of abortion, the woman is choosing to opt into parenthood without her partner. In that case she should consider her economic and social situation. If she requires help in either of those situations. i.e. material or emotional support from the father, then it would be unethical for her to carry the child to term if he chooses not to provide said support. Aborting would be rational, not some hormonally stimulated keep the fetus syndrome.If she doesnt need any support, then let her keep the baby.

Abortion is a reality, cant argue against it. Its all about choices. There is the choice to abort if the the father chooses not to support. If the mother chooses to have a child anyways, then all responsibility must be hers.
Last edited by Posthuman States on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:17 am

Posthuman States wrote:The argument not to have sex is really stupid. Most of the human population are not rational entities that can achieve total suppression over ancient and conserved biochemical pathways in the brain. People are still mostly animals, and we do mostly what animals do... Psychology and neuroscience has shown us again and again that rationality and control have less of an input into our lives than we would like to think.

And no, the male should not need to take care of an unwanted child. The woman has plenty of time to abort what is essentially a tumor until higher brain function develops. Motherly feelings that onset with pregnancy are again just biochemical pathways, the ones not at all related to the pathways involved in rational decision making processes. By choosing to opt out of abortion, the woman is choosing to opt into parenthood without her partner. In that case she should consider her economic and social situation. If she requires help in either of those situations. i.e. material or emotional support from the father, then it would be unethical for her to carry the child to term if he chooses not to provide said support. Aborting would be rational, not some hormonally stimulated keep the fetus syndrome.If she doesnt need any support, then let her keep the baby.

Its all about choices. There is the choice to abort if the the father chooses not to support. If the mother chooses to have a child anyways, then all responsibility must be hers.

Choices, yes, but according to you, the man's choice is the only valid one. If the woman opts not to do what he says, the onus is all on her.

Posthuman States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Posthuman States » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:23 am

Farnhamia wrote:Choices, yes, but according to you, the man's choice is the only valid one. If the woman opts not to do what he says, the onus is all on her.

Yes, I would argue that the onus should be all on her. Her (should be informed) choice includes understanding the consequences. A woman choosing to abort or not is just as valid as a man to choosing not to offer child support. Its not about morality... just reality. Dont care if its good or bad or whatever. Abortion is on the table, too bad its only applicable to women due to their biology. We are what we are. If men could also get pregnant I would argue the exact same thing.
Last edited by Posthuman States on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:34 am, edited 5 times in total.

Arilando
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arilando » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:29 am

Wilgrove wrote:
Arilando wrote:I support gender equality. All i can say is that you should not have different responsibilities and power depending on your gender.

No, you support a legal way for deadbeats and asshole to skirt their responsibility to their spawn. This is not a gender equality issue and you know it.

No i dont, in my eyes it is gender equality.

Arilando
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arilando » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:30 am

Wilgrove wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:"just having an abortion" is having to deal with the consequences of sex. women cant escape responsibility.

They wont have to give birth, they can have an abortion.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:35 am

Arilando wrote:
Wilgrove wrote:

No i dont, in my eyes it is gender equality.

Hmm so men should get to opt out for paying their half of the child support, leaving a single mother to pay for it all and possibly bankrupting her.

Yea, still doesn't sound like gender equality.

Myrensis
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Myrensis » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:42 am

Wilgrove wrote:Hmm so men should get to opt out for paying their half of the child support, leaving a single mother to pay for it all and possibly bankrupting her.

Yea, still doesn't sound like gender equality.

But women should get to just kill an unwanted child regardless of whether the man wants it or not.

I keep forgetting that 'equality' is only important when it's convenient for women.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General