NATION

PASSWORD

male's choice in abortion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Darkshadowskyguy
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

male's choice in abortion

Postby Darkshadowskyguy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:43 am

Well I felt like making some feminists angry, and make a topic that probably hasn't been used here before. Do you think a man shouldn't have to pay child support if the woman tells him that she's not going to have an abortion, and he wanted her to have one? Since logically the woman chose to keep the child, and should have to have the responsibility and the male not have to.I do think in all other circumstances the man should have to pay child support though.
The nation of darkshadowskyguy's M.B.T is the apocalypse class tanks which mostly consists of a 80 ton levitating tank With four laser cannons, one A.A cannon and one artillery cannon they are also currently powered by a nuclear fission engine, made from rare alloys that are only found in the region of kongregate, and have barriers that can burn through and block anything physical and also block most lasers. The code name for the tank is oblivion, and other than that no information about volume of tank, color, or shape is known publicly.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:45 am

How's that to the benefit of the child?
The Blaatschapen should resign

Sorratsin
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorratsin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:46 am

Did groundhog day get moved to April or something?

Darkshadowskyguy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Darkshadowskyguy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:47 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:How's that to the benefit of the child?
That's a point I had forgotten to think about. Let's see would you like to have fatherless kids or ones that were never born and had died from an abortion before it could feel pain.
The nation of darkshadowskyguy's M.B.T is the apocalypse class tanks which mostly consists of a 80 ton levitating tank With four laser cannons, one A.A cannon and one artillery cannon they are also currently powered by a nuclear fission engine, made from rare alloys that are only found in the region of kongregate, and have barriers that can burn through and block anything physical and also block most lasers. The code name for the tank is oblivion, and other than that no information about volume of tank, color, or shape is known publicly.

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:48 am

Darkshadowskyguy wrote:Well I felt like making some feminists angry

Admission of trolling.

and make a topic that probably hasn't been used here before.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:50 am

Sdaeriji wrote:
Darkshadowskyguy wrote:Well I felt like making some feminists angry

Admission of trolling.

and make a topic that probably hasn't been used here before.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Truly. I'm pretty sure there have been at least two threads on this topic this year.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Darkshadowskyguy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Darkshadowskyguy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:50 am

Sorratsin wrote:Did groundhog day get moved to April or something?
If you are going to just insult me or the topic I would suggest leaving it, but if you actually have anything to argue about say it on this you are welcome to debate about it here.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004

Postby Ashmoria » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:51 am

i think that both parents have a moral and legal duty to support all their children whether they wanted them or not.
whatever

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:52 am

Darkshadowskyguy wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:How's that to the benefit of the child?
That's a point I had forgotten to think about. Let's see would you like to have fatherless kids or ones that were never born and had died from an abortion before it could feel pain.

Personally I'd like to see kids that have both parents. I'm not going to have my kids grow up without me, if I make someone pregnant I'll be sure to get partial custody. The abortion option is up to the mother and I'll support any decision she takes, but she has to be aware that if she decides to keep it, that I want to be part of the kid's life. The point is rather moot for me.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:52 am

Darkshadowskyguy wrote:
If you are going to just insult me or the topic I would suggest leaving it, but if you actually have anything to argue about say it on this you are welcome to debate about it here.

Take some advice and get rid of your opening sentence. As for the topic, it's been done, but that's okay, this is NSG. Kind of like Frank Miller's vision of Sparta only without the bottomless pit. Or maybe NSG is the bottomless pit.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

The Norwegian Blue
Minister

Founded: Jul 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norwegian Blue » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:53 am

Darkshadowskyguy wrote:a topic that probably hasn't been used here before

Where's that "ha ha ha, oh wow" picture when you need it?

It's been done. Repeatedly. Including multiple threads not more than a few weeks ago. My answer stays the same: child support is not owed to "the woman" (or to "the man" when he is the custodial parent). It is owed to the child, and the child needs food and shelter regardless of your feelings on the subject. The woman chose to complete her body's participation in reproduction, just as the man chose to complete his body's participation in reproduction - if either of them wanted to opt out, they should have done so before their body finished its part of the process, because once there's a living, breathing, crying, pooping child who needs to be fed and clothed and cared for, you don't get to deny it those necessities because you chose not to opt out before your part was done.
Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things. - Reichskommissariat ost
...if you poop just to poop, then it is immoral. - Bandarikin
And if abortion was illegal, there wouldn't be male doctors - Green Port
Stop making a potato punch itself in the scrote after first manifesting a fist and a scrote. - RepentNowOrPayLater
And...you aren't aroused by the premise of a snot-hocking giraffe leaping through a third story bay window after a sex toy? What are you...I mean...are you some kind of weirdo or something? - Hammurab

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:54 am

Darkshadowskyguy wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=102743

Last post 11 days ago. Really, no excuse.
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?

Bitchkitten
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Bitchkitten » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:55 am

Why the hell would a man get any say on a medical procedure preformed on my body? That's just plain bullshit. I don't expect any say in what he does to his.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:56 am

Sdaeriji wrote:
Darkshadowskyguy wrote: If you are going to just insult me or the topic I would suggest leaving it, but if you actually have anything to argue about say it on this you are welcome to debate about it here.

How far down did you have to look? I started to but by the time I got to the fifth sub-basement ... well, the lights were half out and there were weird noises ...

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:58 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Sdaeriji wrote:

How far down did you have to look? I started to but by the time I got to the fifth sub-basement ... well, the lights were half out and there were weird noises ...

I searched my own post history

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:59 am

Sdaeriji wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:How far down did you have to look? I started to but by the time I got to the fifth sub-basement ... well, the lights were half out and there were weird noises ...

I searched my own post history

:palm:

Though I tend to avoid threads like that. Except for this one.

Darkshadowskyguy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Darkshadowskyguy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:00 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Darkshadowskyguy wrote: That's a point I had forgotten to think about. Let's see would you like to have fatherless kids or ones that were never born and had died from an abortion before it could feel pain.

Personally I'd like to see kids that have both parents. I'm not going to have my kids grow up without me, if I make someone pregnant I'll be sure to get partial custody. The abortion option is up to the mother and I'll support any decision she takes, but she has to be aware that if she decides to keep it, that I want to be part of the kid's life. The point is rather moot for me.

I had said nothing to say that shouldn't happen if it was the male's decision to be a part of the child's life, but the topic more or less is to give the man another choice on it,And if the woman is against abortions, doesn't want it, and the man doesn't want it giving the child away to an orphanage can also be an option since there are sterile men and woman who want to have children.
Last edited by Darkshadowskyguy on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:02 am

Darkshadowskyguy wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

I had said nothing to say that shouldn't happen if it was the male's decision to be a part of the child's life, but the topic more or less is to give the man another choice on it,And if the woman is against abortions, doesn't want it, and the man doesn't want it giving the child away to an orphanage can also be an option since there are sterile men and woman who want to have children.

Adoption is indeed another option. But if you make a kid, you better ensure it is being taken care of.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:02 am

Darkshadowskyguy wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

what in the world are you proposing?

forcing women to have babies that no one wants? letting men walk away from their children? giving men a say in whether or not a woman can have an abortion at all?
whatever

Deus Malum
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Deus Malum » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:03 am

Darkshadowskyguy wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Sadly, babies don't mysteriously pop out fully formed the second a woman decides to carry to term. It's a rather absurd notion that adoption is a viable alternative to abortion when the mother-to-be still has to carry the little sprog around in her for 9 months.
"Blood for the Blood God!" - Khorne Berserker
"Harriers for the Cup!" *shoots* - Ciaphas Cain, Hero of the Imperium

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:03 am

Ashmoria wrote:
Darkshadowskyguy wrote:I had said nothing to say that shouldn't happen if it was the male's decision to be a part of the child's life, but the topic more or less is to give the man another choice on it,And if the woman is against abortions, doesn't want it, and the man doesn't want it giving the child away to an orphanage can also be an option since there are sterile men and woman who want to have children.

forcing women to have babies that no one wants? letting men walk away from their children? giving men a say in whether or not a woman can have an abortion at all?

If I understand him, he's saying that if the woman gets pregnant and wants to keep the child, but the man doesn't and would rather she had an abortion, he should be allowed a free pass on child support and what-not.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:05 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:what in the world are you proposing?

If I understand him, he's saying that if the woman gets pregnant and wants to keep the child, but the man doesn't and would rather she had an abortion, he should be allowed a free pass on child support and what-not.

whats that have to do with adoption?
whatever

Winning Tiger Blood
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Winning Tiger Blood » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:06 am

If you don't want a kid use a condom or get a vasectomy, or don't have sex at all, if you make the choice to have sex, live with the potential of at least 18 years of crying, screaming, barfing misery.

NationWars
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby NationWars » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:09 am

Edit: posted with wrong nation.
Last edited by NationWars on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darkshadowskyguy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Darkshadowskyguy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:09 am

Ashmoria wrote:
Darkshadowskyguy wrote:I had said nothing to say that shouldn't happen if it was the male's decision to be a part of the child's life, but the topic more or less is to give the man another choice on it,And if the woman is against abortions, doesn't want it, and the man doesn't want it giving the child away to an orphanage can also be an option since there are sterile men and woman who want to have children.

Where had I proposed that woman should be forced to have babies? More or less what I had proposed was the man to have the right to not pay child support if the woman decides to have the child when the male wanted her to have an abortion. No where did I say she would be legally required to have the abortion or not if the man said so I had however said the male should have the right to not be forced to pay child support, however of course if the man wants to be a part of the child's life he should be allowed to try to get joint custody with the woman. (or if one of the parents proves not to be fit for it they are out of the question to have custody) There are a few options I have not said on this topic yet.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General