NATION

PASSWORD

Whatcha sound like?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:27 pm

Solyhniya wrote:
Sun Aut Ex wrote:
I get that sometimes too, when I drink I can go Ukrainian. Which is obviously something I picked up subconciously, because I can't actually speak the language.

That used to happen to me, and in fact my Russian greatly improves in fluency well I'm nearly unconscious on vodka 8)

That's because Russian is a language meant to be spoken while nearly unconscious from vodka.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:43 pm

SaintB wrote:This is me

It sounds blurry and I apologize this computer is crap with a capitol crap.

soo...
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Solyhniya
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solyhniya » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:44 pm

SaintB wrote:
SaintB wrote:This is me

It sounds blurry and I apologize this computer is crap with a capitol crap.

soo...

You sound like Alex Jones xD
The Democratic Hetmanate of Solynia
Демократичне Гетьманство Солинії
The Pan-Slavic Union State Embassies
Dimoniquid wrote:Dear God, Solyhniya, you kick so much ass!

Skaladora wrote:Christians in general and Catholics in particular should stop giving more weight to the words of random morons, and listen more closely to what the guy they believe to have been the son of God has been saying.

United human countries wrote:Funniest joke is one you don't have to explain.

Unless they don't get it.

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Blau Stein
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blau Stein » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82

Blau Stein
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Blau Stein » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:59 pm

Gidgetisms wrote:http://vocaroo.com/?media=v6r1c3OrU9bI14gPe

It says that media cannot be found.

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Blau Stein wrote:
Gidgetisms wrote:http://vocaroo.com/?media=v6r1c3OrU9bI14gPe

It says that media cannot be found.

well I guess y'all are SOL
Gidge's Art Hole viewtopic.php?p=13913891#p13913891
Poetry viewtopic.php?p=9776917#p9776917
Escalation complete: Lordy is my cuddly BFF

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:04 pm

Solyhniya wrote:
SaintB wrote:soo...

You sound like Alex Jones xD

Ouch...

Costa Fiero
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fiero » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:25 pm

How do you upload Vocaroo?

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:17 pm

Grandais wrote:I'm a 19-year-old woman, but I sound like a 13-year-old boy.

Here, have some youtube links.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYNFG8wouLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3oKyQRlxfs

You sound like both a 19-year-old woman and a 13-year-old boy at the same time.

It's really cool.

You're a girl?
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:21 pm

Dakini wrote:
Phosphor 9 wrote:
You sound like Mira Sorvino.

I don't know whether or not to take that as a compliment.

Ohmygod, you DO! That is crazy. I think your voice is hot, so I'd take it as a compliment.
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Fanaglia
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:24 pm

I pretty much sound exactly like this.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Jesus H. Christ on a jelly pogo stick of justice.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:NS forums are SUPERGOOGLE.

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Potarius
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 03, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Potarius » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Ryadn wrote:Ohmygod

Oh my god!
Originally Potaria, from January 2005; add 17,601 posts.

The Obi-Wan of sex.

Femifascism
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Femifascism » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:29 pm

Like Ellen Page.
Last edited by Femifascism on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blau Stein
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Blau Stein » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:57 pm

Meryuma wrote:

You're a girl?

Yes, I'm a woman. Surely that isn't too surprising.

Syrrah
Envoy

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Syrrah » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:14 am

That's a voice I can imagine in a bunch of early 20th century-setting radio 4 plays.
Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=101020
An Imperial Age: -
Thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=105731
Region: http://nationstates.net/region=an_imperial_age
TG me for password if you're interested in joining.

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:39 am

Potarius wrote:
Solyhniya wrote:- National anthem of the Soviet Union

Which version?

Better not screw it up either way. :P

Da, comrade. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, again, shame on me. Fool me three times...I am sent to my death.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:43 am

Ryadn wrote:
Dakini wrote:I don't know whether or not to take that as a compliment.

Ohmygod, you DO! That is crazy. I think your voice is hot, so I'd take it as a compliment.

I couldn't think of how she sounds offhand.

...now that I looked up an interview, this seems to be at least a somewhat correct assessment.

Also, thanks! :blush:
Last edited by Dakini on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:23 pm

Dakini wrote:
Phosphor 9 wrote:
You sound like Mira Sorvino.

I don't know whether or not to take that as a compliment.

Better than sounding like a crazed right wing conspiracy theorist...

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:13 pm

I sound like the muffled voice coming through the wall doin' your mom.

You're one "hella" away from sounding super Northern Californian...
Dakini wrote:It's old, but I'm lazy about making a new one at the moment. Maybe I'll do something later.

Just like you're one "aboot" from sounding super Canadian.

These are both good things. I was going to be all, "You don't sound like I thought you would" but then I realized that I had put zero thought into how either of you sounded like, so...yeah.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Greater Stolichnaya
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Stolichnaya » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Potarius wrote:
Solyhniya wrote:
That used to happen to me, and in fact my Russian greatly improves in fluency well I'm nearly unconscious on vodka 8)

I'll drink to that.

*chugs Stolichnaya*

Don't chug me bro!
"Mental disorders ARE physical. Your brain physically exists. Well...okay...brains physically exist." - The Norwegian Blue

"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"I play Peter Griffin, a heroic warrior who defied the English to free England from the English." - Peter Griffin

Blau Stein
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Blau Stein » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:13 pm

SaintB wrote:
Dakini wrote:I don't know whether or not to take that as a compliment.

Better than sounding like a crazed right wing conspiracy theorist...

It could be worse...you could sound like Gilbert Gottfried

Indeos
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Blau Stein wrote:
SaintB wrote:Better than sounding like a crazed right wing conspiracy theorist...

It could be worse...you could sound like Gilbert Gottfried

I don't know, his voice usually makes people laugh. Isn't a laughter-inducing voice generally a good thing?
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or http://kraftyradio.com/ every Sunday, 6-7pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Dear Jenrak - Give cancer the banhammer!
Serious Name: The Imperial Fiefdoms of Indeos
NSG: Proud Honorary Son of the Sea Queen Of Connaught
Long Live The Community! Long Live Max!

Oterro
Post Marshal

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Indeos wrote:
Blau Stein wrote:It could be worse...you could sound like Gilbert Gottfried

I don't know, his voice usually makes people laugh. Isn't a laughter-inducing voice generally a good thing?

"I love you"

"PFFFFFFT AHAHAAHAHA, SAY IT AGAIN, SAY IT AGAIN!"

?
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Blau Stein
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Blau Stein » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Indeos wrote:
Blau Stein wrote:It could be worse...you could sound like Gilbert Gottfried

Yes, generally, but I would imagine that his voice would be grating during sex. How about Fran Drescher then? That is an annoying voice!

Potarius
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 03, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Potarius » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:19 pm

Blau Stein wrote:
Indeos wrote:

Yes, generally, but I would imagine that his voice would be grating during sex. How about Fran Drescher then? That is an annoying voice!

Fran Drescher's voice during sex?

Oh god...
Originally Potaria, from January 2005; add 17,601 posts.

The Obi-Wan of sex.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General